Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Community] Griefers solution

+46
Sonitus
Amaryl
Beladon
Cid
Zhakiri
Allonia_Miral
Althaløs
Vardrek/Burgen
Kettin
siegmund
Ixirar
Raenmar
Frostfeather
Drustai
Thelos
Vaell
Ara
Thondalar Stormleaf
Skarain
Sharyssa/Adenah
Shaelyssa
Seranita
Sadok
Kristeas Sunbinder
Celaraa
Sullee Swiftspeech
Geldar
Rargnasha
Sohan
Timna
Helmheid
Kittrina
Lephia
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gilran
Gesh
Grufftoof
Rae Wulfgnar
Ledgic
Lavian
Eodan
Hermie
Laindo Dumon
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
50 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Community] Griefers solution - Page 6 Empty Re: [Community] Griefers solution

Post by Aweng Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I will repeat my suggestion: Turn of the " Appear on the Map" option in TRP2 when rping ouside. This because the harrassers are using them to track us and hunts us, hence the surprise attacks every time.

I think this is a more contructive suggestion than blueshielding, eventhough I aggree with it and have ordered the wardens to rp at the Acherus
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Hage/Bane/Calithildes wrote:I will repeat my suggestion: Turn of the " Appear on the Map" option in TRP2 when rping ouside. This because the harrassers are using them to track us and hunts us, hence the surprise attacks every time.

I think this is a more contructive suggestion than blueshielding, eventhough I aggree with it and have ordered the wardens to rp at the Acherus

/who on an alt, works just as well.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aweng Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Hage/Bane/Calithildes wrote:I will repeat my suggestion: Turn of the " Appear on the Map" option in TRP2 when rping ouside. This because the harrassers are using them to track us and hunts us, hence the surprise attacks every time.

/who on an alt, works just as well.

Then they have a zone name and number of player, but no specific location, marked like an X on a Treasure map

Last edited by Hage/Bane/Calithildes on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
They dont respect your rules, They dont care about your game play, They just want to annoy You any way they can. When they come back, which they will, Dont be suprised when it begins to turn from an occasional corpse run, to being soley a corpse and your events impossible to be played out Because you dont know when its Wise to be flagged for w-pvp and when its madness because its griefing.

I am fully aware what motivates these people, and yet I still don't care. Which is the point. I use their want to grief me to get some enjoyment out of the *holy shit! moment when death rains from the sky. I don't care if there's ABoC or OTRB or Goon above their heads. I don't relate the experience to the person doing it to me... I don't treat a random attack of a known person differently then a random attack of an unkown person..

it is that distinction, I find, that frustrates... its an annoying form of elitism, that i find rather irky. Fuck we're ganked! oh its an rp guild, then it is okay to take the attack as ICly.. because i know the guys... You shouldn't care.

You shouldn't care about their motivations. You should only relfect to what you like. Do you mind being ganked? if the answer is no, it doesn't matter if its aboc or SB... If you do mind being ganked, then put on blue-shield, hide in uncontested zones as they were created for that, or migrate to another server...nothing wrong with that, you decide how you want to fill in your game time.

I just simply don't care, about their caring about my rules. I just don't care that they want to grief me, if they fail to so?
I do care that i find it fun to wpvp at unexpected moments and then deal with the situation. So, I don't see how I should stop doing something I find fun, because of something that doesn't even annoy me, solely because other people that do find it bothersome don't share my playstyle? I'm not forcing you into my playstyle. I'm not your guild-leader, i don't make the rules of the guild you're in, do as you wish, and if we roleplay or pvp together we do it on the common ground that we can find.

in the case of Aboc that's a pvp clash. a bunch of anonymous orcs and forsaken and gay elves that i attempt to skewer, and probably fail doing so.. I like that.

so i'll continue doing that. so As I said I hope this solution works for you guys, and that you get more fun out of the game because of this ridiculously over the top final solution thing.

Vaell wrote:No one is trying to lay down rules! If Blue-shielding helps the community, why not do it?

Because I don't find it fun? while I love witnessing drama like a fourty year old housewife loves her telemundo. Like teenagers love reality TV. I love witnessing and even participating in drama, it entertains me.

Though Why I should conform to a group of people with a completely different attitude so they can have fun at my expense I don't see how that's different from Aboc creating their enjoyment out of your expense.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aweng Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Lack of understanding leadin us away from unity
[Black eyed peace, where is the love]
Aweng
Aweng

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 pm

so i'll continue doing that. so As I said I hope this solution works for you guys, and that you get more fun out of the game because of this ridiculously over the top final solution thing.
You're a Stormwind RPer. When you go North, you go to Ironforge... Call it over the top, I say fair play to KoS and DK guilds - As I've said, the only people not complaining are Southern RPers. I don't really think of that as a coincidence.

Vaell wrote:No one is trying to lay down rules! If Blue-shielding helps the community, why not do it?

Because I don't find it fun? while I love witnessing drama like a fourty year old housewife loves her telemundo. Like teenagers love reality TV. I love witnessing and even participating in drama, it entertains me.

Though Why I should conform to a group of people with a completely different attitude so they can have fun at my expense I don't see how that's different from Aboc creating their enjoyment out of your expense.

[/quote]
Because Aboc aren't part of our community. Your attitude on it sounds pretty selfish to me. No one is telling anyone to do anything, they're asking you to do it so better RP can occur later down the line.

The Blueshield Investment!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 pm

No Vaell. YOU are being selfish. ABoC wants to play their game in a way that means you're incapable of RPing in the north while they are around, and now you in turn try to play the game in a way that means DOL can't play the game the way -they- want to.

You're being exactly that; a reverse ABOC, the exact thing Faylum claims to be crusading against, the RPer that is so stuck up his own fantasy world that he will not tolerate anybody deviating from his grand masterplan.

You're being every single bit as bad as ABOC when you try to force this on DOL. And yes, no matter how you look at it, thing incessant whining about them not wanting to blueshield is an attempt to force it upon them, even if you don't think so yourself.

Just as you should be free to RP wherever you want to (and admittedly ABoC should be free to PVP wherever they want to), DOL should be free to wear their PVP flag wherever/whenever they want to wear their PVP flag.

You're doing the exact same thing as ABOC, except they are actually in their right to do the PVP part of what they do. Don't give Faylum the moral highground by acting this way.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 pm

You're far too dramatic, Debri.

As I've said - and by the way I am a part of DoL and enjoy my PvP as much as the next man - this is an asking not a telling. People have come up with a good method to get rid of an utter pest, I've gone along with it, just some people are too stuck in their ways.

I'm not acting any way, a brilliant suggestion to help the community as a whole was brought forth and I think it is a great idea to get on board.

Being stuck up in a fantasy world is a good thing in RP btw - just to let you know. Basketball
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 pm

If you want to support this then blueshield and stop whining when Bennedict or Amaryl doesn't blueshield. By starting drama about DOL members refusing to blueshield you're still letting ABOC succeed in their goal as they can see these forums and will know that the community is suffering as much from their presence as it was before this thing started.

The only way this solution can work is if everybody that wants to do it does it and everybody who doesn't want to do it -ARE ALLOWED TO NOT DO IT WITHOUT ANYBODY TELLING THEM TO SUFFER FOR THE "GREATER GOOD"-
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Last night, DoL turned off their blueshield and at least 1 member - perhaps 2 - sent off screenshots of Aboc geniungly griefing the Garrison to Blizzard complaints. ^

Caps lock? That's it, I'll mind fuck you. You ever been mind fucked before?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:50 pm

I don't even get what the point you're trying to make with that post is.

Also, mind fuck, what?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:50 pm

The idea of 'Shielding and leaving contested areas is a good one. It is to me common sense. If people act on this, together, that is a good thing. GM's "suggesting" this as guilds is a good thing. Acting together to battle something... a good thing!

But any single person or persons trying to enforce any "single" ideal or "decision" on a myriad group of people is never gonna work.

Because there this is a group of individuals. Individuals brought together by RP. With massively different opinions and views.

Like arseholes, everyone has an opinion. But I don't go around forcing mine onto people. Because that would be unhygienic. And I've currently got a number of restraining orders anyway.

TALKING IN CAPS DOESN'T MAKE AN OPINION (OR ARSEHOLE) ANY MORE PALATABLE. Not even my arsehole. Which I cleaned just the other week.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Can I see it, Grufftoof?
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 pm

<I get to write in Indigo. It's my favourite past time.

No, actually it isn't.

But start to talk civily, like mature and sensible people.

Or I'll start to treat you like children.

Which means wiping your arses and giving you my nipple to suck on.

Wait... what...>

----

Debri wrote:Also, mind fuck, what?

Vael is a Illithid. This is known.

Lorainne/Bridlington wrote:Can I see it, Grufftoof?

I charge for that usually. And you'll need sunglasses. As the sun shines outta it.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Debri wrote:I don't even get what the point you're trying to make with that post is.

Also, mind fuck, what?

But back on topic!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Just to Re-itterate...

These are suggestions for if your under pressure and feel you have no other options when faced with these problems. Nobody is under any obligation of any kind to adhere to them.

nobody will force you to do anything, its just that some of us have already felt the pinch and need this to keep chugging along.

As for the comments regarding pvp on an rp-pvp server, me and many in KoS are debating a change in our concept to better allow for it, What we was doing just doesnt work.

Improvise, Adapt and overcome.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

STOP POSTING

Guys seriously, all these posts are copied into recruitment-topics and other public Blizzardforums. It's doing no good, whisper eachother ingame all I care. Just cut it out!
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Them copy/pasting these posts into the official forums is only a big deal if you're annoyed with it. Personally I don't give a fuck where my posts are copy/pasted to. See, this is how you deal with trolls. Act like it's no big deal.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Vaell wrote:
You're a Stormwind RPer. When you go North, you go to Ironforge... Call it over the top, I say fair play to KoS and DK guilds - As I've said, the only people not complaining are Southern RPers. I don't really think of that as a coincidence.

Wow... so many assumptions xD, Its true i never have nor ever rp north of ironforge... xD Less assumptions and more opinions man. Might do you some good Very Happy.

Look at this thread Vaell, and the 3 others about this solution... If this is not over the top then I do not know what is. (that said, there's nothing wrong with blueshielding in safe-zones, if that increases your enjoyment of the game, go for it.)

Vaell wrote:
Because Aboc aren't part of our community. Your attitude on it sounds pretty selfish to me. No one is telling anyone to do anything, they're asking you to do it so better RP can occur later down the line.

The Blueshield Investment!

Right so wanting to enjoy the game my way is being selfish, but wanting others to play your way is altruism? Looks like two sides of the same coin to me...

Vaell wrote:Last night, DoL turned off their blueshield and at least 1 member - perhaps 2 - sent off screenshots of Aboc geniungly griefing the Garrison to Blizzard complaints. ^

Caps lock? That's it, I'll mind fuck you. You ever been mind fucked before?

Wait... you're in a safe-zone and you turn pvp on, and then you get corpse-camped... and you think blizzard will respond that you are being griefed?

>.>

<.<

you might have had a chance if you blue shielded and they spammed trains and the like...

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm not going to continue discussing it because you only take in your points. I'll give the three points I said again.

1. I am a DoL member, as you know, I enjoy PvP. This isn't 'my' way. This is me stepping back and accepting that this is a community.

2. 'Griefed' is how it is. I have, from day 1 on this server, said that PvP does not count as griefing - it may be griefing - but it doesn't count under the rules. I used the term griefed last night because that is exactly what they did to DoL. Flags, dancing, pulling guards onto the tables in front of them etc. You would have known if you were there.
^ This leads on to the point at hand. They want to grief you; if you're blueshielded, they'll grief to do so - giving you a chance to officially report.

3. People didn't join the server expecting THIS WPvP, as I have said, this happens nowhere else and if it does, it is for a day or two. Paying 15 quid to play elsewhere is over the top, this is a logical conclusion to anyone who is here for role-play.

EDIT: And this isn't a game of Cluedo, so read my points and don't start the accusations of being this or not. I've simply argued that this is the better of the two options. Fight or Hide and the more our community works together, the better RP can become.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:36 pm

We're not arguing against people doing it, we're arguing that it's wrong when you say it's "the better of the two options" when in fact it's "the better option for you".

You telling people to "man up" and help the community is effectively telling them that in your opinion they're selfish for playing the way they want to play the game, which again is something they pay to do for entertainment, and I doubt having the term "selfish" thrown in your head because you like the danger of being blueshielded counts under the category of "entertainment".
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

If you're not trolling, you're an idiot.
1. I am a DoL member, as you know, I enjoy PvP. This isn't 'my' way. This is me stepping back and accepting that this is a community.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:42 pm

<...But start to talk civily, like mature and sensible people...>
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

What would you stepping back and accepting that this is a community have to do with your incessant ranting and fit-throwing about how Amaryl and Bennedict didn't want to blueshield?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:49 pm

In regards to Bennedict, the guy hasn't been here for the past few months - which I said to him on Skype - so I think tradition blinds his opinion. As for Amaryl, I haven't thrown a fit, I'm telling him that this isn't about anyone ordering you to do something. It is more of an obligation to aid the community. I'm discussing the matter at hand with him, not telling him to do anything. Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours scenario.

But we're filling the forum with needless posts, there is another thread for this discussion and I apologise for that, tbh - our posts should be deleted and make room for people typing /sign, as the thread intended.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next