Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Community] Griefers solution

+46
Sonitus
Amaryl
Beladon
Cid
Zhakiri
Allonia_Miral
Althaløs
Vardrek/Burgen
Kettin
siegmund
Ixirar
Raenmar
Frostfeather
Drustai
Thelos
Vaell
Ara
Thondalar Stormleaf
Skarain
Sharyssa/Adenah
Shaelyssa
Seranita
Sadok
Kristeas Sunbinder
Celaraa
Sullee Swiftspeech
Geldar
Rargnasha
Sohan
Timna
Helmheid
Kittrina
Lephia
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gilran
Gesh
Grufftoof
Rae Wulfgnar
Ledgic
Lavian
Eodan
Hermie
Laindo Dumon
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
50 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Community] Griefers solution Empty [Community] Griefers solution

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Firstly, you may be wondering why i posted this here, in the General Section of our forums.

The simple answer is, This is the only section non-registered members Cant see whats posted here. That, believe it or not, is a good thing.

We Are under attack. The rules dont protect us, and we can fight/complain until we are blue in the face, its what The Griefers want... And is why they stay.

At the Community meeting on the 26th of june, myself and many other GM's came up with some radical suggestions as solutions, which i will post below. I'm aware many didnt attend, and many wont agree/care about what we all discussed, But thats your choice. This is a list of suggestions for actions i and many others hope are enforced by the Hierarchy of guilds. I have no illusion that many are already doing what i'm about to list below, if so then keep at it, some of us should of known better sooner.

We STARVE them out By:

1)Avoiding pvp zones - yes its regrettable, but if we are blue-shielded and ignore any side antics (banners/trains/disco-balls) they have nothing to do. They forced us from Gilneas and Arathi through pvp... which they wanted. So if we deny them that... (as they only run away when we muscle them out, and come back later) they get bored. We need to Deny them pvp no matter the place or time. even if we outnumber them ten to one, it may be bait.... so just keep in the blue.

2) No longer posting on Their threads, acknowledging their reply's in our threads or taking any notice of any behavior they par-take in on the Realm forums or otherwise. KoS now has a guild rule whereby anyone who reply's to their threads or reply's to their posts... gets a swift, unconditional guild kick. put this down, Hot-heads cool yourselves. I know i'm the worst, so i know how hard it is to resist the temptation.

3)Take our Realm forum back - Yes, they rule it and use it against us. Its time we took it back by making posts there again. Be it about lore, or story's or questions. Its our, we should use it. And while we are at it, bump our posts repeatedly to ensure they stay way way down on the list.

4) Spread the word! - Try and get others to follow these rules or something close alike, unless we do this as a community it wont work. So lets get the little pests Starving!

If your a member of this community and agree with this motion/movement/ideas... give us a /Sign after your comments.

Long Live Defias!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[Community] Griefers solution Empty Re: [Community] Griefers solution

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 pm

I am sorry I couldnt get to this, the one poit I really wanted to make is whether we agree or disagree with the choices made we should all agree to follow them in the spirit of solidarity, as I shall.

Signed Sir Lexgrad Barrow, Knight of the Silverhand and the Argent Crusade and Member of the Defias Brotherhood Roleplay Community.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Well, if they still have accounts here they'll see it anyway. And it won't really matter if they see it or not Razz

Nevertheless, MEGA YES. Suggested this ages ago xd

/Sign

Back to top Go down

Post by Laindo Dumon Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 pm

/sign

Seems to be the only way to even have a chance to stop them, and in any case, if more people rp in the safezones, there'll probably be a bit more random rp I suppose, so not all bad Smile
Laindo Dumon
Laindo Dumon

Character sheet
Name: Laindo Dumon
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

/sign
That was not only for myself but for my guild.

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:40 pm

/sign
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

2) No longer posting on Their threads, acknowledging their reply's in our threads or taking any notice of any behavior they par-take in on the Realm forums or otherwise. KoS now has a guild rule whereby anyone who reply's to their threads or reply's to their posts... gets a swift, unconditional guild kick. put this down, Hot-heads cool yourselves. I know i'm the worst, so i know how hard it is to resist the temptation.

Havn't people been saying this one for ages now? Yet most can't seem to get the hint, heh.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm

/sign

Despite taking amusement in responding to their threads, I shall refrain. Hopefully this little initiative will work for the better.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Been saying all this from the very start, glad we now move as one on this decision. cheers
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Eira and Wulfy didnt /sign!!!!!! *Jumps up and down and puts on a shop stewards hat Hood*
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:55 pm

/sign

For what it's worth.

I will even too. As a Mod. OOooooooOOOOooh. That makes zero difference. But who cares.

Solidarity is good. It'd be groovy if people slapped guild members or friends who continue to make the situation worse by posting in any dipshit Blizz Forum thread...
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 pm

PLAY SMRT
Also yeah, yeah.

/sign SIGN, SIGN!!one2!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Would also like to add something to the 2) since it was not specified in detail I think. People shouldn't include names like "AboC" and "Failum" etc in their posts, because with wiriting these kind of names you are basically giving them free propaganda and attention they want (Which I'm doing right now?). Basically, just avoid posting anything that has to do with those lifeless jerks. It's hard to resist but it's better then falling on deff ears and trolling.

EDIT: I agree and I will try and support the cause, but I won't sign to term 1 because if we will have to go RP outside the Khaz Modan or in Khaz Modan we will do it, and we will also engage in any RP-PvP battles, to avoid gankers we'll consider Wargames.

Last edited by Gilran on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

(And rembember to /sign Gilran and I will edit this to say how amazing dwarves are)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

I wish you luck in applying these across the Alliance and hope you take the downtime in non-pvp zones to work together to get yourselves fighting ready.

Moo on fair allies,
Moo on.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Is this not the same solution that we've had for every other griefer that has ever been on this server, be it goons, blacklisted or whatnot??
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

I'd agree to points two, three and four. But I refuse to bluesheild and only stay in alliance zones. There's still that PVP aspect of the game, and I know it's a pain, but I'd rather fight back.
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm

no most people try to be heroes with the "WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES, AND IN THE TRENCHES...." and nothing happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Lephia wrote:I'd agree to points two, three and four. But I refuse to bluesheild and only stay in alliance zones. There's still that PVP aspect of the game, and I know it's a pain, but I'd rather fight back.

I must agree, some people do enjoy the PvP aspect, and it shouldn't be forced upon them to not do so. Not that this is forcing of course.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Perturbo wrote:no most people try to be heroes with the "WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES, AND IN THE TRENCHES...." and nothing happens.

Well with the problems up in Arathi, Disciples have been pretty helpful with their aid to be honest.
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 pm

/signed

I'd also suggest stopping replying to Volusia in the realm threads. Trolls just want feeding.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Lephia wrote:
Perturbo wrote:no most people try to be heroes with the "WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES, AND IN THE TRENCHES...." and nothing happens.

Well with the problems up in Arathi, Disciples have been pretty helpful with their aid to be honest.

and its proven useless. they just come back when you leave, and by causing us to pvp they disrupt us.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Lephia wrote:I'd agree to points two, three and four. But I refuse to bluesheild and only stay in alliance zones. There's still that PVP aspect of the game, and I know it's a pain, but I'd rather fight back.

It's not that. If you still want world pvp, go, seek them out and fight them, but don't let them have the satisfaction of crashing our roleplay. Nobody denies you world pvp, and if Orcs of the Red Blade suddenly come to Goldshire IC to raze it, by all means fight them! But fighting OOC gankers just gives them what they came for and keeps them coming for more.

/sign for great justice!
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:Firstly, you may be wondering why i posted this here, in the General Section of our forums.

The simple answer is, This is the only section non-registered members Cant see whats posted here. That, believe it or not, is a good thing.

We Are under attack. The rules dont protect us, and we can fight/complain until we are blue in the face, its what The Griefers want... And is why they stay.

At the Community meeting on the 26th of june, myself and many other GM's came up with some radical suggestions as solutions, which i will post below. I'm aware many didnt attend, and many wont agree/care about what we all discussed, But thats your choice. This is a list of suggestions for actions i and many others hope are enforced by the Hierarchy of guilds. I have no illusion that many are already doing what i'm about to list below, if so then keep at it, some of us should of known better sooner.

We STARVE them out By:

1)Avoiding pvp zones - yes its regrettable, but if we are blue-shielded and ignore any side antics (banners/trains/disco-balls) they have nothing to do. They forced us from Gilneas and Arathi through pvp... which they wanted. So if we deny them that... (as they only run away when we muscle them out, and come back later) they get bored. We need to Deny them pvp no matter the place or time. even if we outnumber them ten to one, it may be bait.... so just keep in the blue.

3)Take our Realm forum back - Yes, they rule it and use it against us. Its time we took it back by making posts there again. Be it about lore, or story's or questions. Its our, we should use it. And while we are at it, bump our posts repeatedly to ensure they stay way way down on the list.

4) Spread the word! - Try and get others to follow these rules or something close alike, unless we do this as a community it wont work. So lets get the little pests Starving!

If your a member of this community and agree with this motion/movement/ideas... give us a /Sign after your comments.

Long Live Defias!

This is what was decided by an open committee that everyone was invited to. If you want to /sign it then we can descuss the future. If you dont want to then feel totally free to go off and do your thing, good luck to you. But dont comment here about it. If you /sign this you agree to hold the committee line if you dont you have no voice here I am afraid. Until agreed otherwise this is what I shall hold to.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 pm

-/le sign
Timna
Timna

Character sheet