Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

+41
itsy
erwtenpeller
Salketh
Dorik Thunderbelly
Gesh
Thygore
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Krogon Devilstep
Kettin
Yarnaat
Attum
Tollir
Melnerag
Skarain
Grufftoof
Lini
Frostfeather
Skaraa
Vaell
Seranita
Ledgic
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Timna
Thelos
Valestrion
Valerias
Osuun
Lexgrad
Odgan / Keag
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Lorainne/Bridlington
Coppersocket
Amaryl
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gahalla
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ralegh
45 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Skarain Sun May 13, 2012 4:53 pm

http://www.defiasrp.com/t3961-a-guide-for-playing-a-worgen-containing-lore-as-well

Look what you can find if you dig a bit the forums Wink
This may help, though many things in it have already been told in the posts before.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed May 16, 2012 2:09 am

The King is Dead, Long live the Queen.

I figured this was where this could be discussed. King Magni Bronzebeard is solid diamond. He is dead. He's so dead that a council has been created by Varian Wrynn to Rule Ironforge until someone can -succeed- him. No one is denying that he is dead.

Moira is Queen-Regent. My question is this, Queen of what? Is she, as his proper heir actually Queen of Ironforge but the two other representatives are ruling with her because she cannot be trusted? Or is her Son Emperor-King? She never married Thaurassin, so she couldn't be Empress-Regent, she could only be Queen-Regent if she was, in her own rights Queen.

So my question is, is Moira Queen of Ironforge?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am

Moira clearly states that her son Dagran (Dargan?) is Thaurissan's heir in one of the quests. Only Dark Irons who deny his claim are the Twilight cultists.

Moira is also the heir of King Magni. "her father who always wanted a son and didn’t think a female was fit to rule." - so Magni never questioned that she had no -right- to rule, simply that she was unfit.

So technically she is Queen of Ironforge, Empress-dowager of the Dark Iron and Regent of the Dark Iron.

But I think Varian's little coup ensured that Moira abdicates as Queen of Ironforge in favor of her son (since he is still mentioned as ruler of Ironforge and Dark Irons). Council of Three Hammers was formed to rule as a regent-council,in which ironforge itself is represented by Magni's brother instead of his daughter.

But I think Bronzebeard brothers can dispute Dagran's succession to Ironforge in case they do not want a personal union with the Dark Irons.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 am

They'll rule as a council until Dagran comes of age. Then he'll rule as the sole reagent of Ironforge.

I doubt that Moira could ever simply become "queen", seeing as the council was put in place simply to prevent any one of the three becoming better than the other.

Long live the little king dwarf.
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 am

With Magni's 'death', I have a point to raise. Clearly, this is the first time that someone has been turned into a diamond by a Titan artifact. Nobody knows the true affects of this magic, nobody has seen it happen before (short of the Bronze Dragonflight, who -must- have seen it coming). Therefore, I would argue that the Human King, and everyone else, are treating him as dead simply because they don't understand the situation. And nor do we.

For all we know, Magni could be alive in there - or it could be reversible. This is speculation, of course, but so is the assumption that he is dead made by yourself and all of the lore characters involved.
What would you do in Wrynn's shoes? You would assume that, until you know better, he is dead. That is exactly what everyone is doing. But that does not make it so.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Thu May 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Council of Three Hammers:
Moira rules the Dark Iron clan, and protects their interests.
Falstad the Wildhammer, protecting their interests.
Muradin doing the same for the Bronzebeards.

Together they come to decisions, but they are well, three lil' factions aswell.
For example in the novel Wolfheart, there isn't one Dwarven ambassador send to the meeting in Darnassus, there are three different parties. The Wildhammer party, the Bronzebeard one and the Dark Irons. With each their own 'ambassador' with for example the Dark Iron ambassador reporting his news to Moira etc etc.

Aaaaand! On Magni his diamond state, lorewise the Explorer's League and other Titan related dwarves are doing their best to find a cure to his state in for example Ulduar. In the short story Charge of the Aspects, Thrall encounters a spirit under Khaz'Modan who has ascended the bonds of flesh aswell. So I think and hope that Magni actually comes back one day.

Aaaaaaaaand! Moira has pretty much servants/loyalists, following to wowpedia she rules Shadowforge City (BRD) aswell in Cataclysm, Blizzard just didn't want to change BRD yet it seems. The citizens of Shadowforge City being 'vaguely' Alliance alligned, in other words, it is still unwise to travel there as Alliance member.

Had to spam Dwarf lore, sorry. Sad
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Attum Wed May 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I have a question. IC'ly can rogues sprint on water..?
Attum
Attum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed May 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Attum wrote:I have a question. IC'ly can rogues sprint on water..?

I would say no, Rogues are all about feats of strength and skill. Running on water would suggest blazing speed, or magic. I would argue a Blood Elf or someone magically attuned could learn water walking, then become a rogue. However on the basis of strength and skill, no, Rogues cannot ICly run on water.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Running on water requires magic within the Warcraft Universe.

IRL, running on water requires this:

Water is a very special compound for life, hydrogen bonds between molecules create the adhesion to make the above possible. Though no amount of surface tension will allow a Human-sized creature to move on water at it's running speed. It is, theoretically, possible though you would have to be moving at incredible speeds in order to make it work. If we assume that the Elves of Warcraft have similar physical limits to Humans then we can safely assume that no amount of training will allow them to run along the surface of water. The Laws of Physics be a harsh mistress.

Take it away, Mythbusters:

Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Attum Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks guys you have simply proven me right against a friend who insists it is ok to run on water Ic'ly. Apparently because sprint is 'so fast' we can move on water. Codswallop if you ask me Smile
Attum
Attum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm

world of fantasy.. rogues can sprint on water as they utelise magics and manipulate the waters surface as they run making it stronger *nods*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

It's always a pain when you're stuck with in-game abilities that just have no reference IC. Where do you draw the line?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed May 23, 2012 4:15 pm

To be honest, rogues are the biggest pains for this sort of thing. RP wise we have to discount so many of their abilities because we can't come up with anything logical :p

Sprinting on water, Stealth, Shadowstep... hell even fan of knives doesn't make any sense.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Wed May 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:Stealth, Shadowstep...

I personally view abilities of that kind to be shadow magic, so if your character knows some of that it can be an excuse. I highly doubt that your average rogue knows it though.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

When I've RPed on rogues I've never stealthed ICly "out in the open".
I do it close to walls, bushes, under trees, in shadows. Etc.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Simple: Some can, some can't. It cannot be done through 'mundane' methods, but the rogue description says they employ minor mysticism. Thus, some rogues, if they employ magic in their abilities, would be capable of doing so. Likewise, said magic-using rogues would also likely use magic in their stealth, treating it as a form of Invisibility instead of simple hiding. Thus, able to use it out in the open.

Rogue is a very versatile class. Some might be purely mundane, others might be magical swashbucklers. The former would be restricted in what they can do, the latter on the other hand would have more freedom in what abilities are available to them.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 am

Drustai wrote:

Simple: Some can, some can't. It cannot be done through 'mundane' methods, but the rogue description says they employ minor mysticism. Thus, some rogues, if they employ magic in their abilities, would be capable of doing so. Likewise, said magic-using rogues would also likely use magic in their stealth, treating it as a form of Invisibility instead of simple hiding. Thus, able to use it out in the open.

Rogue is a very versatile class. Some might be purely mundane, others might be magical swashbucklers. The former would be restricted in what they can do, the latter on the other hand would have more freedom in what abilities are available to them.

Very well put. My rogue does employ a form of shadow magic and thats what I use for all this amg stuff. At the end of the day is always hard to IC work certain abilities but this is never going to change. I think it's a little easier for forsaken rogues with all the power of the shadow and such and becoming shadow ascended.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat May 26, 2012 11:22 am

With krogon being a Blademaster i put stealth down to wind-walking and running on water down to some other elemental shenanigans, much like the flaming swords and so forth.

So yeah, some may use magic, Krogon uses the elements and spirits.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat May 26, 2012 11:41 am

Drustai wrote:magical swashbucklers.

... I wish I had thought of this. Sad

I use stealth in a strictly "hidden in the shadows/behind stuff, etc" way. I have one whole 'magical'esque ability using cloak of shadows for a quick disappearance when Mori wants to appear all mystical and impress people, but it only lasts a few seconds. And it's not even her magic, it's part of a deal struck with a shadow priest she does business with.

Still, people rage and QQ about it, so I just keep to myself and RP the boring rogue usually.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:13 am

CAme across this while leveling in Stonetalon.

Garrosh pronounces 'Southern Barrens' as 'Bear-ens'. Not 'Ba-rrens'.

I haven't been mispronouncing this for seven years have I? It's Ba-rrens right? Like a Barren woman's womb?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 am

... the word barren (regardless of use) has always been pronounced 'bear-en'. Who would ever pronounce it 'ba-rren'? O.o

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 am

Drustai wrote:... the word barren (regardless of use) has always been pronounced 'bear-en'. Who would ever pronounce it 'ba-rren'? O.o

This pretty much o_O

Might be a british/american thing though possibly
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am

Dafuq is this? Barren is .. Baa-ren. Where the hell are you people getting bear from?! Crazy ass Americans!

[bar-uhn] - I looked it up, the proper pronunciation. I knew I wasen't crazy. Stupid American Garrosh.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 am

It's just a slight change the way he says it. Really who cares. It's the same word, it's not like it's a made up word or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 am

Perturbo wrote:It's just a slight change the way he says it. Really who cares. It's the same word, it's not like it's a made up word or something.

Just a curious little point, after all, if we start to debate what is worth caring about, I doubt we'd like the result!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next