Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

+41
itsy
erwtenpeller
Salketh
Dorik Thunderbelly
Gesh
Thygore
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Krogon Devilstep
Kettin
Yarnaat
Attum
Tollir
Melnerag
Skarain
Grufftoof
Lini
Frostfeather
Skaraa
Vaell
Seranita
Ledgic
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Timna
Thelos
Valestrion
Valerias
Osuun
Lexgrad
Odgan / Keag
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Lorainne/Bridlington
Coppersocket
Amaryl
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gahalla
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ralegh
45 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 5 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Gesh Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:36 pm

I think it's because The Monk is such a Pandaren focused class (Which I find rather upsetting.), it's going to be difficult to find people roleplaying ' traditional ' monks, whilst playing a non-Pandaren, the concept just looks awkward on any other race.

So far, I'm going to be creating a Former-Demon Hunter, who survived the fall of The Black Temple, she's been hunting around Outland for the past few years, surviving a few close attempts made upon her life by both The Legion and The Scryers, she approaches to The Shatterskull Marauders, forging an Alliance of Convenience, hoping to slowly work herself back into The Horde and inturn Sin'dorei Society.

I'll probably have her run into a Pandaren and end up becoming his/her apprentice Razz!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 5 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't see the concept as awkward at all on the other races, in fact I can't wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 pm

That's cool, but I do X) Hence why I won't be rolling a Blood elf, or Forsaken -monk-, it'll be a different class, IC-wise.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Human Monk goes great!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 am

Perturbo wrote:I don't see the concept as awkward at all on the other races, in fact I can't wait.
Except for tauren. Ninja-tauren still strike me as hella weird. Though I guess there's something called "Ox Stance". Tauren are totes oxes.

###

I'll be rolling a troll monk to roleplay a Witch Doctor.

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 5 Rafiki05
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:24 am

Due to the time-warp nature of the Exodar, Mojo Stormstout has been in Azuremyst "all along", meaning you could probably pull of a draenei that has studied under a Pandaren for roughly five years or so. I am fairly sure that there have been other wandering pandaren teaching other races about the ways of the Monk elsewhere.

That only gives you about seven years, tops, though -- not nearly enough time to become a master, but you don't have to start out as a complete novice if you do not want to, either.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:43 am

Due to the size of Azeroth and the mystery of the Pandaren people, I'm having my character be the son of a man who met a lost Pandaren that struggled through the mists and capsized on the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms, so he grew up with the monk ways but in a more unique and different manner. Just something simple to get a decent character going.

Ironically, Thelos, you were right about my guild! I do not have the time, going into my second year of uni, to run it. So it will have to be a solo char unfortunately.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Thelos wrote:Due to the time-warp nature of the Exodar, Mojo Stormstout has been in Azuremyst "all along", meaning you could probably pull of a draenei that has studied under a Pandaren for roughly five years or so. I am fairly sure that there have been other wandering pandaren teaching other races about the ways of the Monk elsewhere.

That only gives you about seven years, tops, though -- not nearly enough time to become a master, but you don't have to start out as a complete novice if you do not want to, either.

Mojo stormstout genuinely makes my skin crawl, its as if they were so desperate to make Draneei relevant they gave them plausible monks. Honestly, you draenei are so sneaky. Don't tell the orcs about the burning legion, don't tell the world about the Pandaren you're hiding..

TRAITORS!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:

Mojo stormstout genuinely makes my skin crawl, its as if they were so desperate to make Draneei relevant they gave them plausible monks. Honestly, you draenei are so sneaky. Don't tell the orcs about the burning legion, don't tell the world about the Pandaren you're hiding..

TRAITORS!

Pffft, we would be the most plausible Monks apart from Humans without Mojo Sromstout anyhow.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Actually I believe Tauren are (despite them being clunky) very plausible monks. After playing through the Pandaren starting zone and seeing the philosophies in action, they are very similar thinking to the balance lovin' tauren.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Actually I believe Tauren are (despite them being clunky) very plausible monks. After playing through the Pandaren starting zone and seeing the philosophies in action, they are very similar thinking to the balance lovin' tauren.

All the philosophy in the world is not going to help you perfect your Flying Serpent Kick if you have the physiology of a Tauren.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Thelos wrote:
Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Actually I believe Tauren are (despite them being clunky) very plausible monks. After playing through the Pandaren starting zone and seeing the philosophies in action, they are very similar thinking to the balance lovin' tauren.

All the philosophy in the world is not going to help you perfect your Flying Serpent Kick if you have the physiology of a Tauren.

YOU RACK DISCAPRINE!

(Also tauren animations are very well done.)
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Don't tell the orcs about the burning legion, don't tell the world about the Pandaren you're hiding..
Hiding? How were they hiding him? Even though they aint common pandarean have been around a little in the world.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Ezlbag wrote:
Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Don't tell the orcs about the burning legion, don't tell the world about the Pandaren you're hiding..
Hiding? How were they hiding him? Even though they aint common pandarean have been around a little in the world.

Their presence is a big deal however, especially when one is hanging around the island for five years. Teaching them all about being monks. They could help their new allies once in a while!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Thelos wrote:

Isnt that the Squid calling the cow not well made for jumping?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Does anyone know if the Sha could exist anywhere but Pandaria? Even if born on Pandaria and brought to say the Eastern Kingdoms. Even more specifically.. Someone possessed by one of the Sha spirits. Would they be able to go to the Eastern Kingdoms and still remain.. possessed?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Hmm.... Well if they are the remains of an old god, which it looks like then I guess they have to be in Panda land where the body is.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Helmfrid wrote:Does anyone know if the Sha could exist anywhere but Pandaria? Even if born on Pandaria and brought to say the Eastern Kingdoms. Even more specifically.. Someone possessed by one of the Sha spirits. Would they be able to go to the Eastern Kingdoms and still remain.. possessed?

I believe, as far as I see, the Sha are unique to Pandaria. It is a land of harmony and balance, the sha are a manifestation of that balance being undone. If they could exist elsewhere, they would have by now.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Except if the Mists have been holding them back all this time, of course.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Thelos wrote:Except if the Mists have been holding them back all this time, of course.
Good motherfucking point!

What even caused the mists? (Thelos sat on a cloud, badum boom chaw!)
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Some Emperor 10,000 years ago brought them to protect Pandaria from the Sundering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:26 pm

The Sha are not born of an Old God, atleast as far as we know.

Ten thousand years ago, Shaohao, the last Pandaren emperor, sought to rule wisely, that he might save Pandaria from ruin. To better his people, Shaohao undertook a grand quest to strip away his own negative emotions. He succeeded, and the doubt, anger, fear and still more that he plucked from himself was imprisoned beneath the earth. But it did not lie still. It seeped into the very land Shaohao hoped to protect.
In the heart of Pandaria, Shaohao’s darkness – the Sha – waited, feeding off every harsh word, angry fist or pang of despair. The Pandaren have trained themselves in compassion, patience, and love of life in order to limit their contribution to the power of the Sha, but with the arrival of violent outsiders on Pandaria, all their care may be for naught.
It is not clear if the Sha have an agenda, but there is no doubt that they exist in disharmony with life. Wherever they lurk, they bring and delight in discord and death in a cycle that seems difficult for even the greatest heroes to end. Swords cannot slash doubt. Armor cannot deflect hatred.

I asked if someone possessed by Sha (which does happen in the questlines) can travel to the Eastern Kingdoms, remaining possessed. I know the Sha are tied to Pandaria, wasn't asking if they could manifest elsewhere :p

It's probably a long shot expecting anyone to actually know this, though, I understand. With the lore not being fully implemented yet. Thought I'd ask anyhow.

I have an idea for a Sha-sworn Cult in the not too distant future, just gathering Lore to hammer out a concept for it. I just don't think many will be actually roleplaying in Pandaria.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Helmfrid wrote:

I asked if someone possessed by Sha (which does happen in the questlines) can travel to the Eastern Kingdoms, remaining possessed. I know the Sha are tied to Pandaria, wasn't asking if they could manifest elsewhere :p
From what little I've seen, it seems that Sha possession has some very visible side effects that are hard to miss, so for one of the possessed to sneak out of Pandaria seems fairly unlikely if the Sha even are physically capable of leaving the continent.

And personally I'm ninety-something percent sure the Old Gods have something do with the Sha considering the Old God called Y'Shaarj having been on Pandaria at one point.
Our gods were many and powerful. We mantid worshiped the Seven Heads of Y'Shaarj.
Great was the Old One, and terrible was his wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair. He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
If that isn't an obvious connection to Sha of Despair and Sha of Fear I don't know what is.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 pm

True with the visuals, they'd likely be caught unless somehow able to disguise it, which nothing currently suggests they can. Plus, that's interesting with the Mantid, I don't know much about them yet though.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm

The Mantid say something about shadows of Yor'sahj's power still haunting Pandaria. Also, Yor'sahj had seven heads. If each one is a sha, that accounts for all six of the ones we know about with one left to be a later "big bad". Possibly it possesses Garrosh? One of the blues said something about Garrosh finding out that Pandaria changes people.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next