Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore)

+13
Cid
erwtenpeller
Yarnaat
Thelos
Drustai
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kaleil Sunstrike
Raelan
Vaell
Rmuffn
Valerias
Lexgrad
Geldar
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore) Empty Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore)

Post by Geldar Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Well, at long last we have the Questions thread about the lore here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3381098082?page=1

Make sure to drop by and leave your questions before they close the thread! (As well as vote on those which you like!)

PS: There are some interesting questions raised already, I'd suggest looking at the first page if you want some Blood elf questions, there is an already highlighted one.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore) Empty Re: Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore)

Post by Lexgrad Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Im on it!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore) Empty Re: Ask CDev #3: Questions! (Story/Lore)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Would that high rated belf happen to be you Geldar?Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:07 pm

It's not xD

Geldar does have a good question about Arathor on the third page though... And I'm happy to see a sensible inquiry about Alterac, too.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Hmm, the ignore test says it isn't. But judging by the answers at Blizzcon 2010, I'd say Danath is still in the "soon" pile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Annie wrote:It's not xD

Geldar does have a good question about Arathor on the third page though... And I'm happy to see a sensible inquiry about Alterac, too.

I asked about Danath and Arathor too, hoping to see something happen with it all.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm

There are so many pointless questions like.. "What happened to (NPC you see once and has no relevance to anything)"

I want to read some stuff where you go "Ooooh! Aggra kissed Garrosh behind Thralls back!"
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Vaell wrote:There are so many pointless questions like.. "What happened to (NPC you see once and has no relevance to anything)"

I want to read some stuff where you go "Ooooh! Aggra kissed Garrosh behind Thralls back!"

Oh god no, please take your gossip girl triangle drama somewhere else. X_x
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm

There, asked for wtf is going on with Kul tiras on page 20.

"Will not be visible at the start of cata", yeah seems it aint visible at the end either.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:There, asked for wtf is going on with Kul tiras on page 20.

"Will not be visible at the start of cata", yeah seems it aint visible at the end either.

Or is it really the end..... EMERGENCY LOLPATCH WITH SUPER EASY RAID INTO...... ZUL'DRAK.

I tried.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Correct me of I miss read this but did he basically say "look forward to updated Silvermoon and Blood knight quests" is that a hint at an actual update for Belfs?
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Kaleil Sunstrike wrote:Correct me of I miss read this but did he basically say "look forward to updated Silvermoon and Blood knight quests" is that a hint at an actual update for Belfs?

If Blood Knights officialy become red armored paladins, then I'm going to have to think about a career change for Kristeas ._.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah. Leave the lovey dovey stuff the the humans...
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Kaleil Sunstrike wrote:Correct me of I miss read this but did he basically say "look forward to updated Silvermoon and Blood knight quests" is that a hint at an actual update for Belfs?

If Blood Knights officialy become red armored paladins, then I'm going to have to think about a career change for Kristeas ._.

That's what they are, though.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Drustai wrote:

The ideological differences between Blood Knights and paladins are the key reason I rolled one :\

Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Drustai wrote:

The ideological differences between Blood Knights and paladins are the key reason I rolled one :\

There's still an ideological difference between human paladins and blood elven paladins, just like there's a difference between paladins of the Church of Holy Light and paladins of the Scarlet Crusade. Both can still venerate the Light and follow its teachings, while still having separate culture.

Blood Knights would be a lot closer to Scarlet Crusaders than standard human paladins, IMO. Very gung-ho about defending their people, more about the crusading rather than the charity work, and so on. Blood Knights can still be much more harsh, aggressive, and arrogant than their human counterparts, while still following the Light.

Now, if you want the whole 'mage-knight' idea, then that kind of got done away with at the end of SWP (thankfully, because the Light should not be able to be used in such a fashion). Cross-classing as warrior/mage would suit that concept much better than paladin.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 pm

1: There are enough items ingame to simulate magical abilities outside the class toolbox.

2: Paladins were created as something akin to plate wearing priests, Blood Knights more like light wielding soldiers. To me that is quite a difference.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:2: Paladins were created as something akin to plate wearing priests, Blood Knights more like light wielding soldiers. To me that is quite a difference.

... and like I just said, both types still venerate the Light. A 'Light-wielding soldier' worships the Light, and, in fact, is far more accurate to what a paladin is supposed to be. Again, look at the Scarlet Crusade. They were hardly 'plate-wearing priests'. They were crusaders, warriors of the Light, first and foremost.

If you believe that paladins are only supposed to be kindly plate-wearing priests, then you have a very poor view of what a paladin actually is. A plate-wearing priest is exactly that... a priest wearing plate (in fact, such a thing would be called a cleric). Such a priest is more like a combat medic or a chaplain, there to provide healing and moral support.

That's not what paladins are. Paladins are not plate-wielding priests. They are warriors, crusaders, knights, champions who wield the Light as their shield and sword and take the battle directly to the agents of evil. They leave the healing and the preaching to the priests and clerics.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:1: There are enough items ingame to simulate magical abilities outside the class toolbox.

2: Paladins were created as something akin to plate wearing priests, Blood Knights more like light wielding soldiers. To me that is quite a difference.

This is how I see it:

Holy/Pritection Paladins: Human/Argent Crusade

Protection/Retribution Paladins: Scarlets.

Retribution/Protection Paladins: Blood Knights.

Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm

For paladins faith is a req. (since I have yet to find information of a paladin that went fuck you to the light and kept slinging around light) for Blood Knights it's optional (the giant luminescent bowl of soup is right in front of you).

Edit:
Is this really the right thread for that discussion?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:For paladins faith is a req. (since I have yet to find information of a paladin that went fuck you to the light and kept slinging around light) for Blood Knights it's optional (the giant luminescent bowl of soup is right in front of you).

The latter is what I don't like and consider a lorelol. It should never be optional. <.<

Edit:
Is this really the right thread for that discussion?

Nope!

So, to respond in an on-topic fashion: I'm probably going to ask some draenei-related question, but I don't know what.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Ask something about how draenei age?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Hmm. That would be a nice question to get an answer to. "Are draenei immortal? Velen is specifically stated to be immortal in the Draenei intro, but it is unclear if this applies to all draenei or not."

I'll have to give it some thought. I feel like something more important could be asked. We do know for a fact that draenei live for over 25 thousand years, so I'm not sure if it's really necessary to know if they're immortal or just stupidly long-lived or not... neither answer will really have any impact on RP.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:33 pm

It wouldn't be nearly as confusing as it is right now if only Velen didn't have that wierd saintly beard and wrinkles.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Thelos wrote:It wouldn't be nearly as confusing as it is right now if only Velen didn't have that wierd saintly beard and wrinkles.

Velen has no more wrinkles than any of the standard male draenei faces, though (what he has are more akin to 'stress lines', just like the other male faces, rather than 'elderly wrinkles'). People assume too much based on the long white beard. He actually looks just as healthy as any draenei male.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next