Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

+41
itsy
erwtenpeller
Salketh
Dorik Thunderbelly
Gesh
Thygore
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Krogon Devilstep
Kettin
Yarnaat
Attum
Tollir
Melnerag
Skarain
Grufftoof
Lini
Frostfeather
Skaraa
Vaell
Seranita
Ledgic
Magaskawee/Anaei
Drustai
Timna
Thelos
Valestrion
Valerias
Osuun
Lexgrad
Odgan / Keag
Jeanpierre
Muzjhath
Lorainne/Bridlington
Coppersocket
Amaryl
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gahalla
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ralegh
45 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Valestrion Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Quinso wrote:Why is there no toilets in WoW. Where do people go to the toilet and bathe and stuff. Why. How.

Actually, there are toilets in WoW. Haven't you done the quest in the toilet up in the Grizzly Hills? There aren't really enough, but there are quite a few around.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions.

Post by Osuun Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Valestrion wrote:
Quinso wrote:Why is there no toilets in WoW. Where do people go to the toilet and bathe and stuff. Why. How.

Actually, there are toilets in WoW. Haven't you done the quest in the toilet up in the Grizzly Hills? There aren't really enough, but there are quite a few around.

I hate questing past 58, so I just random dungeon till 80, then cata quests. :> Should I go do it?

Osuun

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, not just for that one quest, but I think Grizzly Hills is a nice place, and you should try Northrend at least once.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am

There's also an outhouse in Mount Hyjal. At the Twilight Base-thing. You do quests for a guy who's hiding in there. ^^

Aaand there used to be, atleast, a quest in Searing Gorge where you have to collect runecloth for a guy that's stuck in an outhouse with nothing to wipe his arse with. Razz
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:15 am

Gryphon poop and other kinda lore related questions. - Page 2 HeartPiece03
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I found the quest from Malfurion in Darkshire saying something along the lines of "disturbing nature is heresy". I can't seem to find the quest though, regardless of my searches!

Anyway. Another question: Can half-elves become Worgen?
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Considering both elves and humans can become worgen... then yes. Probably.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sat May 12, 2012 12:07 am

All hail the thread-necro!

Question. Wolfsbane is a plant harvested in Grizzly Hills and Gilneas, and as by proof in Grizzly Hills, Worgen are sensitive if not even scared of the plant.
Is it poisonous, what?

Halpz!
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat May 12, 2012 12:37 am

Timna wrote:All hail the thread-necro!

Question. Wolfsbane is a plant harvested in Grizzly Hills and Gilneas, and as by proof in Grizzly Hills, Worgen are sensitive if not even scared of the plant.
Is it poisonous, what?

Halpz!

I would say if only Worgen show sensitivity it is the same as silver to a werewolf.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Timna wrote:All hail the thread-necro!

Is it poisonous, what?

Halpz!

I would say if only Worgen show sensitivity it is the same as silver to a werewolf.

They're apparently also sensitive to mistletoe. So, Wolfsbane might be a link to that.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 am

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 am

ohhh an interesting fact that cool
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat May 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Probably been asked a million times but I'm looking to make a new character, probably a druid, and I'm considering Worgen..

I've read on the wiki the theories to how Worgens/Gilneans learnt Druidism but which is the most accepted theory?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sat May 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Ezlbag wrote:I'll start it of with as the title says, gryphon poop.
Gryphons are half eagle half lion, they lay eggs like leagle, but im unsure if this means they also poop like them.
Im assuming Gryphons are carnivors, but unlike eagles feed on larger prey like lions would.
Im not sure how their digestion would work and if the result would be like
This: http://www.hopperhome.com/Poop1.JPG
or more like This: http://amazingdata.com/mediadata20/Image/interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_mountain+lioon200907241443492925.jpg
I guess this also applies to hippogryphs.

What your asking is a very difficult thing to answer, you are referring to real life biology in an attempt to answer a query about a mythical mix between two real species. It is possible to infer some real life biology onto fictitious races - for example we can assume that the Oxygen carrier molecule in Draenei is Hemocyanin due to the blue coloration of their blood when it is exposed to Oxygen, although for the most part this is rather meaningless speculation; simply because we are trying to apply real life biological principles to a mythical species. Warcraft lore has proved time and again that the creators of WoW have no idea what they are talking about; Orc & Draenei crossing should not be possible, they evolved separately on completely different planets and, at the most basic level, their chromosomes should not be able to pair up to form a viable diploid zygote (fertilised egg).

I am not sure where you got that picture of Eagle feces, birds use Uric Acid as an excretory end-product to discard nitrogenous waste. They do not have a separate urinary urethra, they excrete both the Uric Acid and feces from their intestine which is why bird excrement tends to look like 'poo' surrounded by a white substance (the Uric Acid).
Anyway, I am unsure why you seem to think that reproductive strategy and excretion are linked.
I think there is something I -can- answer with a fair degree of certainty, however, I am pretty sure that Hippogryphs and Gryphons will have a cross-current arrangement of gas exchange (found in birds) as opposed to the less efficient uniform-pool arrangement of gas exchange (found in mammals) - I would guess this simply because flight requires good availability of oxygen to muscles, and therefore that they would have the more efficient form of respiratory system.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Vaell wrote:Probably been asked a million times but I'm looking to make a new character, probably a druid, and I'm considering Worgen..

I've read on the wiki the theories to how Worgens/Gilneans learnt Druidism but which is the most accepted theory?
Worgens were druids before they became worgen.

How players can play human/worgen druids?

Beats me. Game mechanics or remnants of the wolf cult.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Sat May 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Frostfeather wrote:
Vaell wrote:Probably been asked a million times but I'm looking to make a new character, probably a druid, and I'm considering Worgen..

Worgens were druids before they became worgen.

How players can play human/worgen druids?

Beats me. Game mechanics or remnants of the wolf cult.
Or harvest witches? It's not like all druids are night elves anyway.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Gilnean druids were harvest witches, yes. Basically wise men/women who had some magical ability, which they used for the purpose of aiding in growth and healing. They followed the 'old ways', which is likely some veneration of nature spirits. Basically, closer to RL druids/witches than to standard fantasy ones.

Such druids were not capable of shifting into other animals prior to their training with night elves. Harvest Witches were basically very primitive druids, nowhere near the level of night elves and tauren.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat May 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Drustai wrote:Gilnean druids were harvest witches, yes. Basically wise men/women who had some magical ability, which they used for the purpose of aiding in growth and healing. They followed the 'old ways', which is likely some veneration of nature spirits. Basically, closer to RL druids/witches than to standard fantasy ones.

Such druids were not capable of shifting into other animals prior to their training with night elves. Harvest Witches were basically very primitive druids, nowhere near the level of night elves and tauren.

So when did the Gilneans make contact with the Night Elves? Was the first time in the Human Expedition?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat May 12, 2012 8:47 pm

The first Gilnean contact with the night elves would have been the Gilnean Brigade with Proudmoore's expedition, yes. Those were Silverpine Gilneans, sent to Proudmoore by Crowley.

For the majority of the Gilnean population, however, the first time was during the events of the Worgen starter quests.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Lini wrote: It's not like all druids are night elves anyway.
No only the true ones. Razz Sorry for the obvious trolling. I dislike that druidism is now so wide spread but I know better than trying to argue against lore and in-game content.

Drustai wrote:Gilnean druids were harvest witches, yes. Basically wise men/women who had some magical ability, which they used for the purpose of aiding in growth and healing. They followed the 'old ways', which is likely some veneration of nature spirits. Basically, closer to RL druids/witches than to standard fantasy ones.

I also should know better than answer lore questions before Dru have had the chance.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Frostfeather wrote:I also should know better than answer lore questions before Dru have had the chance.

<.<

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 pm

I've always imagined the (first "true") Druidic Gilneans like the people of Summerisle. Seeking the "old ways" to make the failing or failed harvests grow. Harvest Witches, yes. All singing, dancing, drinking, shagging and tilling the earth. Looking for an answer in desperate times. As often, looking back, or looking to the earth.

And we all know how that ended...
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun May 13, 2012 11:44 am

The Druids of ancient times in England, (the people who built Stonehenge) were more in the bracket of healers with ye olde remedies - such as the chewing of Willow bark as a cure for headaches and such. Current Archaeological work appears to suggest that Stonehenge was built as a religious site of healing.
These same people, no doubt, were also in the bracket of ye olde shamans who ingested hallucinogenic plants in order to receive knowledge from their ancestors.
In real life, Druidism and Ancestor worship were inescapably linked; it was all about healing and asking for your ancestors to bless your crops for the year and such.

This is how I imagine the Harvest Witches, simply because the rest of Gilneas seems to have been based on olde England (with the Victorian-Gothic architecture and the like). Despite these two points in English history being strongly separated in the timeline, I think this may have been what Blizz were going for.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun May 13, 2012 11:54 am

But I imagine, unlike Druids from history, Harvest Witches were in touch with nature and could actually bless crops, heal wounds etc?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun May 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Yeah, Harvest Witches were capable of actual magic. I was just speaking...in essence I imagine them to be the same. With the exception of the real life guys not having access to magical powers.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next