Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

+38
Thormag
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Osmand
Jeanpierre
Velspeth
Ledgic
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kil'drakor
Ralegh
Arathoran
Borian
Geneviève
Morinth
Seranita
Samian/Bismack
Gahalla
Zhakiri
Demurral
Mandui
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Krogon Devilstep
Celadazar
Lavian
Geldar
Rmuffn
Valestrion
Skarain
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kittrina
Morgaan
Fortesgue
Amaryl
Thelos
Lexgrad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
corleth
42 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Geldar Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:12 pm

We all know how this will end.

Spoiler:

PS: This would be a great time to involve the SI:7 as well, I have a few ideas, oh yes.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Valestrion wrote:It doesn't seem realistic to me that the people would turn against the Church because one man has turned rogue.

Just one man? In the setting Warcraft is in, this man led the spiritual lives of thousands. He represented the light to so many and it would quite clearly shake most of the populace. We cannot risk them revolting against this and abandoning their faith in the Light.

This event would bring physical consequences to roleplay regarding the Lore that has developed. The populace surely would want something to happen in regards to this. Do you really expect people will be unphased by Benedictus being the Twilight Lord. Someone they held as a hero and as an ambassador to the Light? Who knows, some may even take his actions as what the Light wishes of them and copy?

Last edited by Tythalos on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Valestrion wrote:I've just read this in more detail. It doesn't seem realistic to me that the people would turn against the Church because one man has turned rogue, when there is no evidence of the Church having failed in its duty to the people. In fact, the Church has only just started taking additional action to protect the people.

Personally, I am against anything that turns the Disciples of Light into the bad guys in they eyes of the people, even if only temporarily.
Whatever realism is lacking is made up for by the RP, intrigue, tension and character development the event would produce. Even then, I still believe the scenario capricious enough to be exploited by the Anethionean church. Also, that one man happens to be head of the Church.

You must know of the scandal caused by alleged pedophilia within the Catholic Church? Imagine the Pope being caught having multiple satanic, pedophiliac orgies and you'd probably witness the same outrage from Catholics as you would from Humans finding out that their spiritual leader is a servant of the Old Gods.

As for the Disciples comment, I highly doubt they'll be seen as 'bad guys' by anybody but a group of zealots that have managed to worm their way into achieving some form of power.

Last edited by Corleth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Also, reading through the plot. I found something curious.

the House of Nobles decides to step in and force the vicar from office using its special jurisdiction.

Sorry, but if anyone is going to force the vicar out of office from the Council that is the Council itself since if I recall right we didn't give special privilages to anyone and vice versa.

Just a heads up in advance, as we do not meddle in other organizations' business, we expect the same.

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Corleth wrote:
Valestrion wrote:I've just read this in more detail. It doesn't seem realistic to me that the people would turn against the Church because one man has turned rogue, when there is no evidence of the Church having failed in its duty to the people. In fact, the Church has only just started taking additional action to protect the people.

Personally, I am against anything that turns the Disciples of Light into the bad guys in they eyes of the people, even if only temporarily.
Whatever realism is lacking is made up for by the RP, intrigue, tension and character development the event would produce. Even then, I still believe the scenario capricious enough to be exploited by the Anethionean church. Also, that one man happens to be head of the Church.

You must know of the scandal caused by alleged pedophilia within the Catholic Church? Imagine the Pope being caught having multiple satanic, pedophiliac orgies and you'd probably witness the same outrage from Catholics as you would from Humans finding out that their spiritual leader is a servant of the Old Gods.

As for the Disciples comment, I highly doubt they'll be seen as 'bad guys' by anybody but a group of zealots that have managed to worm their way into achieving some form of power.

Seems realistic to me in this setting. Go for it Corleth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Geldar wrote:Also, reading through the plot. I found something curious.

the House of Nobles decides to step in and force the vicar from office using its special jurisdiction.

Sorry, but if anyone is going to force the vicar out of office from the Council that is the Council itself since if I recall right we didn't give special privilages to anyone and vice versa.

Just a heads up in advance, as we do not meddle in other organizations' business, we expect the same.

This hasn't occurred yet and the sole purpose of posting this months in advance is to hammer out the flaws in the plan and to hear the communities opinions and criticisms. So thanks for the heads up Geldar.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I will enjoy having Amy fight you chapterians, to make sure Fort isn't being dragged into the cathedral Wink

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:30 pm

I don't think he will be dragged. He'd likely be asked to come with us in regards to the investigation.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:31 pm

No, he'll be dragged. He'll see to it that he is dragged. Twisted Evil
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 pm

This hasn't occurred yet and the sole purpose of posting this months in advance is to hammer out the flaws in the plan and to hear the communities opinions and criticisms. So thanks for the heads up Geldar.

Naturally, just pointing out that the two organizations (Council & House of Nobles) work separately from each other and hold no authority over the business conducted in either.

So I am not sure how it will work for one to step in and decide something in the place of the other.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Corleth wrote:No, he'll be dragged. He'll see to it that he is dragged. Twisted Evil

Shhh!! Nobody suspects the Inquisition!
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Geldar wrote:

Naturally, just pointing out that the two organizations (Council & House of Nobles) work separately from each other and hold no authority over the business conducted in either.

So I am not sure how it will work for one to step in and decide something in the place of the other.

Perhaps the nobles will blackmail the council using the treasury "No more funding for your offices.. unless.". We just want the Nobles to play a part in this, to shine for a change.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Geldar wrote:

Hm, yes. This topic was created to iron out all of these discrepancies. I am not exactly clued up on the exact workings of the council, but we kind of wished to get the House of Nobles a bit more... involved?
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Well, you can have them involved as much as you like, but as I said, we do not let outside people decide the inner workings of our organization, and vice versa. And as for the blackmailing, we do not bend to such.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Then how would this work? Let's discuss some ideas Geldar.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Well, I am sure it will work out just fine. But I do not see how an outsider organization could influence us in any way. Well, if you want ideas, I will give one.

House of Nobles appoint the vicar as the new head of the Anethion church/Church of Light/Substitute church, who in turn denounces Fortesgue and his authority and whatnot and we take it from there.

In this idea everyone has a part and it doesn't make a conflict of interests.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 pm

We want to avoid OOC resistance throughout this entire event. So if you believe this is a better route to get the plot lifted from the ground in a way that makes most sense, we would gladly do it.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Would the council not be better siding with the rebels, instead of worrying about loosing some IC power? The Chapter face eminent loss, they can only come out better. Being forced out of the equation actually gives the council more reason to oppose the Chapter and no role-play is lost.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:06 am

Well, Council -would- side with the rebels I am sure. But my only point with this is someone coming in from the outside and saying "This guy is/is not Minister now. End of discussion." that is bothering me slightly. And it raises a few points, why wouldn't we be able to remove him in the first place if things get out of hand? Would the House of Nobles be held accountable for their actions? And so forth.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 am

Indeed, it needs to be ironed out and made more logical.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 am

I'm all for it if it makes sense ICly, of course, don't get me wrong D:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 am

Well to play the Jarric card.... he could be the one to force fort out. An inquiry and the firing of fort due to a failure to handle the affair. If the house wants any thing to do with this that could be the link, it could be seen that Jarric is acting for the house. Obviously this would be left for minds of others to decide IC.

The only problem is he would not willingly aid the chapter so I would suggest that in the vacuum caused the chapter move in this would put the J man into a very tough position, likely he would choose to keep his head down. Real question is how do the chapter remove/control the rest of the council.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

Removal of a Minister happens by a majority vote, Lex. Just so you know you can't do anything on your own least the others agree.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:23 am

Lex has an easier time of it ofc, go south and chokeslam anything in a white cross!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:28 am

Geldar wrote:Removal of a Minister happens by a majority vote, Lex. Just so you know you can't do anything on your own least the others agree.

Ofc but to be fair the head of the church who he is a senior member of and is the political representitive of is the twilight lord! Fort would have met with him and worked with him quite often. Not only that but since it occured Fort has sat on it and done little publicly. If Jarric cant make a case for sacking or asking him to fall on his sword from all that then he is a bigger idiot than I rp him as Razz
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next