Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

+38
Thormag
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Osmand
Jeanpierre
Velspeth
Ledgic
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kil'drakor
Ralegh
Arathoran
Borian
Geneviève
Morinth
Seranita
Samian/Bismack
Gahalla
Zhakiri
Demurral
Mandui
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Krogon Devilstep
Celadazar
Lavian
Geldar
Rmuffn
Valestrion
Skarain
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kittrina
Morgaan
Fortesgue
Amaryl
Thelos
Lexgrad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
corleth
42 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 9 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 am

Osmand wrote:I love the idea.(of course)

On the Disciples, I think that no matter what happens with this event the Disciples are going to come out in a very very positive light. The whole event, I doubt would be quite long. Power corrupts and so on, the chapter would last a short time before people revolt.

And as such the Disciples who naturally oppose the chapter, regardless of what happened to them during the event would be vindicated.

Example: Say the Disciples attempt to rally the people against us, however the people have no time for the blasphemers of the church, well then for that time the people lose faith in your order. However as soon as they see the Chapter are a much worse group of people to decide matters of faith, they would run back to the Disciples.

One concern: A question I would like corleth or a chapterian to answer, how do we avoid getting obliterated as a guild after this event ? Because surely we will have broken countless laws etc during the whole event ?

You didn't just fucking say...

Back to top Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 9 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Lexgrad Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 am

Heresy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 am

Alas Ihave been away too long.....my mind is clouded by IRL heresies.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 am

We'd attempt to gain support from the courts, nobles and the Regiment in various different ways to legally protect us during the investigation, conveying that this is vital for the kingdoms existence where religion in concerned. For example gain the Regiments backing by swearing to aid in fighting crime and maintaining a normal standard of peace.

We expect backlash after the event if we cannot end the investigation on good terms but nothing that we haven't or already do face currently. If we manage to get you into the Minister chair there'd be nothing stopping you putting forward the possibility of granting the Chapter temporary guard rights to aid in the investigation (this would be needed if we expect to do this legally).

We'd likely face the public masses in the form of bitter, fearful and angry mobs but legally if we went down this route we'd be safe enough to continue with our work in Duskwood, Deadwind and the Blasted Lands. Without a Chapter presence in Stormwind Cultism and magical crime may rise and you never know.. we may not face as much hostility in time. This is only my opinion however and my take on how'd we avoid an obliteration of the guild.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:27 am

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid wrote:We'd attempt to gain support from the courts, nobles and the Regiment in various different ways to legally protect us during the investigation, conveying that this is vital for the kingdoms existence where religion in concerned. For example gain the Regiments backing by swearing to aid in fighting crime and maintaining a normal standard of peace.

We expect backlash after the event if we cannot end the investigation on good terms but nothing that we haven't or already do face currently. If we manage to get you into the Minister chair there'd be nothing stopping you putting forward the possibility of granting the Chapter temporary guard rights to aid in the investigation (this would be needed if we expect to do this legally).

We'd likely face the public masses in the form of bitter, fearful and angry mobs but legally if we went down this route we'd be safe enough to continue with our work in Duskwood, Deadwind and the Blasted Lands. Without a Chapter presence in Stormwind Cultism and magical crime may rise and you never know.. we may not face as much hostility in time. This is only my opinion however and my take on how'd we avoid an obliteration of the guild.

To get guard rights the Chapter would need the Council to vote on the issue, Osmand being appointed would only give 1 yes vote. I would be all my 10s of gold on my char that no one would vote for that Razz

But hey stranger things have happened.

Only playing demons advocate btw, love the idea and hope hope hope it happens.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:28 am

Os is a demon!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am

Osmand wrote:To get guard rights the Chapter would need the Council to vote on the issue, Osmand being appointed would only give 1 yes vote. I would be all my 10s of gold on my char that no one would vote for that Razz

But hey stranger things have happened.

Indeed, though if Church members are fighting back, not cooperating or running away we'd either have to carry out the investigation unlawfully or lawfully. The council may even see it necessary to go down this route to avoid the bulk of confrontations to come. The other option that sprang to mind would be to somehow get the Regiment legally detaining Church members for interrogation. Though I cringe at the thought of walking that path as I foresee much OOC drama "Why you no fight your own battles!?" and such.

Either way we'd need to try and gain some form of legal immunity regarding the process of the interrogations. Otherwise we'd just have the courts and the guards kicking us out of Stormwind before we could blink. The point of getting you into that chair seems to be for this reason, ultimately.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 am

Hmm.. Can't you just take over and force other authorities to deal with you? Set a few examples to demonstrate you have, indeed, taken over the second highest hierarchy and neither council nor nobility can deny your position. They will be forced to deal with you, and the clever ones might cut deals early on and save themselves some pain.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:52 am

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:Hmm.. Can't you just take over and force other authorities to deal with you? Set a few examples to demonstrate you have, indeed, taken over the second highest hierarchy and neither council nor nobility can deny your position. They will be forced to deal with you, and the clever ones might cut deals early on and save themselves some pain.

Thats the problem solved right there.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:57 am

Unfortunately we're not ICly stupid enough to attempt and take on the authorities, council and the Church along with the public by force. Otherwise it would have been a sound plan.

Last edited by Helmfrid on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:07 am

Reading up on certain comments this thread I'll just take the opertunity to say; this has not been discussed within the House of Nobles either so it is no initiative comming from us or for that matter approved by us. No matter how much some of us would like powerstruggling in high end politics it just hasnt been discussed with the proper organizations OOCly yet. I'm quite sure we would be up for participating in one way or another anyhow.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 pm

That's entirely what this thread's about I think
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Figured, however I had a feeling the whole council and HoN discussion might send off the message that it was already decided on our part. Razz

I had a vague idea about the magistry doing investigations into the church as well with the help of various individuals, might be something that can assist with a mid ground to this in case it doesnt work as it is for some reason.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm

It's not as simple as taking control forcefully. As far as I understand it, it's about taking religious control, not political control. Trying to depose the King would be an entirely different matter.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks for the input on the plot everyone. The event will happen soon (around the end of January). Everything seems set and planning is now not being held unless on a serious need to know basis.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 pm

I can feel the tensions rising around the cathedral... But not nescesarily in favor of the chapter. Forbidding that poor dranei from playing his music...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thormag Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:04 pm

'ey! 'ey! Oi! OI! Warning: Meetings in Cut-Throat alley are at your own risk and that of your shoes.
Thormag
Thormag

Character sheet
Name: Thormag.
Title: The Countless Titled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 am

Bumpity.

Whatever happened to this initiative?
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

Everyone got drunk on new years and a team of men in dark suits successfully wiped all our memories without us remembering due to drunken blackoutiness
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Lorainne wrote:Bumpity.

Whatever happened to this initiative?

Maybe it has already happened and you just don't know about it.... Suspect
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:28 pm

I smell conspiracy! Is that not a sin?

Spoiler:
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

This is working successfully. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm

*Lives in Fear*
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Im sold. Do it!
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Simaria wrote:Im sold. Do it!

Always in motion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next