Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

+38
Thormag
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Osmand
Jeanpierre
Velspeth
Ledgic
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kil'drakor
Ralegh
Arathoran
Borian
Geneviève
Morinth
Seranita
Samian/Bismack
Gahalla
Zhakiri
Demurral
Mandui
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Krogon Devilstep
Celadazar
Lavian
Geldar
Rmuffn
Valestrion
Skarain
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kittrina
Morgaan
Fortesgue
Amaryl
Thelos
Lexgrad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
corleth
42 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  Empty Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 pm

The Anethionean Dominion

As we all know Archbishop Benedictus has gone rogue and has become a servant of the Old Gods. Naturally, this has shaken up the Church of the Holy Light and its followers. This unique event can create great opportunity for the Chapter of Holy Anethion, to seize power over matters of faith in Stormwind. A truly fun and interesting concept, of which I feel that it can provide with a lot of role-play -- that’s why I’ve comprised a role-playing scenario to explore the concept.

Stage 1 – The Archbishop Unmasked

Stage 1 is essentially what instigates the Anethionean rise to power. The Church cannot deny the truth any longer and are forced to make public that the leader of the Church, Benedictus, has betrayed all what the Light stands for. Rioters fill the streets, filled with rage that their church father has forsaken them. The Cathedral is looted, priests are assaulted – essentially the entire city goes mad.

The Chapter of Holy Anethion seizes the opportunity to lobby for influence in the city, with amongst others the House of Nobles. During the uprisings, the followers of the Chapter barge in on the Council meeting and demand that Bishop Fortesgue gives up his seat and office, and that the vicar of the Chapter is instated as new Minister of Faith to purge the Church and City of corruption.

Stage 2 – The Grip of Anethion

Should the Anethioneans succeed, the vicar will act swiftly and appoint the Inquisition to investigate and apprehend all non-Anethionean priests and dissidents. The uprisings wane because of this. Those under suspicion are brought to the catacombs beneath the Cathedral, the temporary holy office of the Inquisition, for ‘questioning’. The City Hall can be used as a tribunal to issue Verdicts to those that are considered corrupt. In essence, the Chapter of Holy Anethion will be more relentless than usual to affirm that they are the only true and just followers of the Light.

Naturally, the people of Stormwind will start to rebel as the Anethioneans start to inhibit their liberties. In secret, far from the Inquisition’s eyes and ears, they will start speaking of a revolt against the Anethionean Dominion. Two places where such secretive meetings can be held are, amongst others, the catacomb underneath the Slaughtered Lamb and the house behind Cutthroat Alley.

Stage 3 – The Dominion Falls

Finally, the rebels will start rallying the people to stand up against the Chapter of Holy Anethion. Anethioneans get assaulted in the streets, public buildings are burned down, who knows, a bomb might even go off! Immensely pressured by continuing unrest and uprisings against the Chapter by the rebels, the House of Nobles decides to step in and force the vicar from office using its special jurisdiction.

Bishop Fortesgue gets reinstated as Minister of Faith. Thus, the House of Nobles saves face and the rebels are freed from the yoke of the Anethionean Dominion. The Chapter of Holy Anethion once again returns to Northshire Abbey and all ends well in Stormwind City.

Last edited by Corleth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 pm

So that is it, in a nutshell. As you can see every stage comes with its own chain of intrigues and events. Politics and religion go hand in hand in Stormwind, that is why I have chosen to bypass the Stormwind Council in this scenario and focus on the House of Nobles as our main partners, seeing they could appreciate the Chapter’s royalist attitude in these times of unrest. Additionally, this could create some nice IC friction with the other Council members.

As you can tell, the Chapter relies heavily on the approval of other parties in this scenario. Should it lose support from Stormwind’s nobility, it immediately loses influence. This is to ensure that the scenario doesn’t strand in a long-winded stand-off between both parties. It generally is a way to control the outcome of the storyline, something I think everybody can appreciate. It’s only fun to be a rebel for a while, I can imagine. People will want a breath of fresh air.

As far as rooting out corruption goes, as you can see I mentioned Verdicts earlier on. I recalled Melnerag’s topic on these Verdicts, which you can find in the gameplay section. Verdicts are a great alternative to death of one’s character and should provide said character with an interesting and challenging role-playing angle. Verdicts will be issued by high-ranking members of the Chapter in sham trials after ‘questioning’ by the Inquisition.

This is still very much a work in progress, which, if it does go ahead, will not do so until after the Christmas holidays. The Chapter has figured then, that now would be a good time to plan and discuss this potential plot.

Feel free to praise, criticize, or shoot down this idea.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:34 pm

<3 Love it.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 pm

While there is a little nagging voice in me saying "Wait a minute, they can't do that? Can they? Seize control of a city? Isn't this too much of a lorelol?"

But then I remember the good stories I've been told about previous times when Stormwind was taken over by an evil force, and how much fun that had been for everyone, and that nagging voice turns into excitement instead. I'll be very interested to hear more about this concept as it develops! The consequences for my character could be dire, indeed, and worth exploring. You have my support, for what its worth.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I approve as long as it isn't too scripted Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Love this idea. 100% support

So ill keep breezing over the whole Archbishop thing for a few more weeks Very Happy
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Imagine Squads of Shadowbreakers marching the streets of Stormwind and beating all those who rebel against the Chapter, imagine Witch Hunters hunting down and abducting men and women in the Night for the Suspection of Heresy!

Imagine Lectors Preaching in every Corner of Stormwind while Whole Squads of Shadowbreakers defend them, Imagine Hundrets of Canons walking around the streets and spreading the Anethion belief and beating others with clubs and staffs!

This is something that i imagine and that i love! I love the Idea ^_^

Hail Anethion! *raises her hand as she stands at salutation with a full squad of Shadowbreakers infront of the Northshire Abbey before the atack*
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Morgaan wrote:Imagine Squads of Shadowbreakers marching the streets of Stormwind and beating all those who rebel against the Chapter, imagine Witch Hunters hunting down and abducting men and women in the Night for the Suspection of Heresy!

Imagine Lectors Preaching in every Corner of Stormwind while Whole Squads of Shadowbreakers defend them, Imagine Hundrets of Canons walking around the streets and spreading the Anethion belief and beating others with clubs and staffs!
*pats gently* Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Morgy. Smile
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 pm

that is why I have chosen to bypass the Stormwind Council in this scenario

Just this, considering a Minister position is going to be contested, getting the councils approval, and involving them is a must, in my opinion.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Fortesgue wrote:

Just this, considering a Minister position is going to be contested, getting the councils approval, and involving them is a must, in my opinion.

Very true. This is exactly why we decided to bring the idea forward a while before we carry it out (or not). Let's discuss how everyone would go about this then.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Well, you have put it on the forum plain as day for them to see it, and i will bring it up OOCly with them to make sure they are fine with the idea.

I assume you actually want someone from the Chapter to actually attend council right? so they need to be happy with that development, i am sure they will be, but skating past them is not a good idea in any case, not that i think that was your intention Very Happy
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:17 pm

I really think this would be awesome for RP Very Happy but suggest probably kicking it off after the festive season so more people are back from holidays etc.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Inquisitio Haereticae Pravitatis!

It's wonderful to see initiative, and I support this idea!
However, I do have a few questions. Know that the answers will not change my opinion of this concept.

I) To what extent will the Chapter control the characters and the participating organisations?
II) What will be done to characters opposing the Inquisition, and how much say will the player have in what happens?
III) To what limits can the events -big or small- be discussed?
IV) What do you hope to see at the end of all of this?

Sorry if these questions make no sense. It's Friday, and my brain has been terminated.
Thanks in advance! Wink
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Kittrina wrote:but suggest probably kicking it off after the festive season so more people are back from holidays etc.
Heretic! I mentioned that in the main post!
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Kittrina wrote:I really think this would be awesome for RP Very Happy but suggest probably kicking it off after the festive season so more people are back from holidays etc.

^ What she said.
Once people have returned and the world is running again....

HELL YEAH!!!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I) To what extent will the Chapter control the characters and the participating organisations?
II) What will be done to characters opposing the Inquisition, and how much say will the player have in what happens?
III) To what limits can the events -big or small- be discussed?
IV) What do you hope to see at the end of all of this?

Well, you have put it on the forum plain as day for them to see it, and i will bring it up OOCly with them to make sure they are fine with the idea.

I assume you actually want someone from the Chapter to actually attend council right? so they need to be happy with that development, i am sure they will be, but skating past them is not a good idea in any case, not that i think that was your intention

Both noted and we will get back to them shortly.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:I) To what extent will the Chapter control the characters and the participating organisations?
'Control'? Sorry, it might be my wine influenced state but I'm not sure I understand the question - I don't think we are going to claim control over any characters or organisations, unless they wish it of course.
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:II) What will be done to characters opposing the Inquisition, and how much say will the player have in what happens?
The character will have as much say as they want, within reason. At the height of the Inquisition's power during this event, you cannot expect to slander it and then refuse any kind of punishment at all. Any character that does not want to be killed, will not be. Though, it'd be awesome if there were some characters rolled with being killed mind - just to stir up more tension.
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:III) To what limits can the events -big or small- be discussed?
As much as you want to discuss them.
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:IV) What do you hope to see at the end of all of this?
RP would shape how it actually ends. But I'd like to be able to look back on an event which showcased both the best and aspects of the Chapter IC, as well as give the Chapter a chance to do more dark inquisitorial acts; like in Duskwood. We'll probably gain an event worse reputation... but that doesn't matter at all.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

It's a shame we'll be losing the Chapter from the Holy Brigade.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Corleth wrote:
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:I) To what extent will the Chapter control the characters and the participating organisations?
'Control'? Sorry, it might be my wine influenced state but I'm not sure I understand the question - I don't think we are going to claim control over any characters or organisations, unless they wish it of course.
Let me rephrase. Will we see Anethioneans marching through the street, dragging all heathens and infidels with them to the Cathedral if they so wish?

Corleth wrote:
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:II) What will be done to characters opposing the Inquisition, and how much say will the player have in what happens?
The character will have as much say as they want, within reason. At the height of the Inquisition's power during this event, you cannot expect to slander it and then refuse any kind of punishment at all. Any character that does not want to be killed, will not be. Though, it'd be awesome if there were some characters rolled with being killed mind - just to stir up more tension.
Good.

Corleth wrote:
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:III) To what limits can the events -big or small- be discussed?
As much as you want to discuss them.
Again "within reason", I hope. Laughing

Corleth wrote:
Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:IV) What do you hope to see at the end of all of this?
RP would shape how it actually ends. But I'd like to be able to look back on an event which showcased both the best and aspects of the Chapter IC, as well as give the Chapter a chance to do more dark inquisitorial acts; like in Duskwood. We'll probably gain an event worse reputation... but that doesn't matter at all.
Personally I was hoping to see a new branch, very similar to the early forms of Protestantism, to step away from all wrong, and return to the core. Much like Calvinism or Lutheranism, I suppose.
I like how you are bringing all this experience to not only your guild, but to the entire community present in Stormwind.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Fortesgue wrote:

I get the impression the council will be sort of "dethroned" for the duration.
Afterall the Chapter is VERY fanatical, they'd probably do so to ensure the people get chapterian faith built up.

And well, else they could just have a council represetant for themselves.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:Let me rephrase. Will we see Anethioneans marching through the street, dragging all heathens and infidels with them to the Cathedral if they so wish?
To put it bluntly, yes. Though, we will not go chasing around Stormwind for that one Night-Elf because he believes in Elune. It will come down to what we are prioritising at the time.

We'll mainly focus on the prohibition of all aspects of Stormwindian society deemed impure, specifically blasphemers and people that doubt in the Light. Lower down on the priority scale is the questioning and interrogation of Church-loyal priests, paladins and so on. Then the huge worgen presence in the city, the Inquisiton will definitely react to that in some way... and then waaay down on the priority scale is the questioning and 'harassment' of infidels/heathens.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm sold!
Be nice to Lorainne, though. She's very frail... QQ

Twisted Evil
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Valestrion wrote:It's a shame we'll be losing the Chapter from the Holy Brigade.
It is a shame, but alas, this event is the sort of RP the Chapter was founded to create.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:10 pm

I've just read this in more detail. It doesn't seem realistic to me that the people would turn against the Church because one man has turned rogue, when there is no evidence of the Church having failed in its duty to the people. In fact, the Church has only just started taking additional action to protect the people.

Personally, I am against anything that turns the Disciples of Light into the bad guys in they eyes of the people, even if only temporarily.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next