Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum

+18
Shriyaro
Raelo/Lucanor
Teebo
Kozgugore Feraleye
Arodeesa
Janela Thunderwing
Mandui
Shaelyssa
Rhenchu
Skarre
Zinkle Figgins
Tso/Feloreth
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rasonal Dranger
Saevir
Ghorana
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum Empty [RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 12:51 am

Taken from the official forums: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13525765880&sid=1
I'm Naalo.

============================================================================================

Right. Tonight, was browsing through WarcraftMovies Machinima, and I stumbled upon something that got me totally pumped up. What they did on that US realm was awesome. I think, with the level of creativity and the RP'ers we have on DB, we can do even better:

First things first: watch this video. Don't have to watch it in full, but at least 5 minutes to get the idea:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=63061

So yes, I am shamelessly stealing this idea for our realm.

Now, this really is just something in the back of my mind, but I'm thinking: if we can involve the Alliance and Horde to create a massive display of gladiator fights, tribal dances, mosh pit maul and other epicness, how cool would that be? Imagine: it is the near perfect location: griefers can't attack nor get inside the arena without a summon (or if they know the way). It's large, circular and well-lit. It's in ORGRIMMAR (heh). Imagine the RP this could generate, both before and after the event as well. Vendors might jump on the occasion to sell stuff among the people watching...
Any Alliance participating don't have to there IC if they don't feel like being caught by the Horde, but I hope many will show up.
I'm pretty sure, if I ask nicely enough, I could convince a Game Master to make level 70 ETC pop by an event like this, if we so wished.

[Scrapbox of ideas for now]

- Gladiator Fights (Classic), 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 or 3v3, even?
- Re-enactements of server-lore or actual lore battles (like the fall of Quel'thalas, or the breaking of the troll empires by the Trollbane Alliance)
- Coordinated tribal dances from trolls, or Tauren or Orcs.
- Perhaps a play by a multi-racial troupe of actors?
- Unforseen happenings (I'll take care of that ^_^)

UPDATE:

IC'ly, this event is hosted by pro-Garrosh orcs. As a tribute to the old days of the mighty bloodlusty Horde, there will be a reenactment of the fall of Cenarius at the hands of Grom Hellscream
This is one of the re-enactments of lore we will be doing, if there are enough elves.

I'm hoping for suggestions, ideas from various guilds, be they Horde or Alliance. So really, feed me back on this! I for one am willing to make it work, sme time over the summer after my exams. I'm really, really riled up for this. Smile

What do you think? (pardon the disjointed feel of this post, I'm actually trying to finish a lab report at the moment...)

Last edited by Ghorana on Wed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

[RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum Empty Re: [RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum

Post by Saevir Tue May 25, 2010 2:47 am

iirc, isn't the arena floor itself surrounded by invisible walls, making it impossible for players to actually get down there?
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

[RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum Empty Re: [RP-Event Idea] [A&H] Orgrimmar Colosseum

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 am

That's the beauty of it. And also why I'm gonna needs a couple of warlocks on each side.

Don't worry, I know a way in.
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Tue May 25, 2010 10:37 am

Ghorana wrote:That's the beauty of it. And also why I'm gonna needs a couple of warlocks on each side.

I sense Hax
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue May 25, 2010 10:55 am

The hax is working as intended.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue May 25, 2010 11:09 am

Ghorana wrote:Don't worry, I know a way in.

I'm pretty sure you can get banned for things like that. Doesn't even take a single report.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue May 25, 2010 11:47 am

Merandil wrote:
Ghorana wrote:Don't worry, I know a way in.

I'm pretty sure you can get banned for things like that. Doesn't even take a single report.

Nah, you can only get banned if you enter off limits areans, all the arena does is stick you there.. The GMs really wouldn't care.

I like the idea.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am

The video should be proof enough that you can't get banned for this, but if you want my word for it, then here it is: I have brought countless friends into the Arena floor, and never have I even gotten a single warning.
You simply cannot get banned for something like this.

So, since the idea is liked, now the harder bit: who might be interested in joining? Smile
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue May 25, 2010 11:58 am

Ghorana wrote:The video should be proof enough that you can't get banned for this, but if you want my word for it, then here it is: I have brought countless friends into the Arena floor, and never have I even gotten a single warning.
You simply cannot get banned for something like this.

So, since the idea is liked, now the harder bit: who might be interested in joining? Smile

I'd definately bring Anaei. But not as her, maybe a bad ass Shadow priestess with skimpy clothing..xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Tue May 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Ghorana wrote:That's the beauty of it. And also why I'm gonna needs a couple of warlocks on each side.

I can help! Very Happy

I have a warlock on the Alliance, and I know the way. :>
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue May 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Are you going to ask Blizzard to give us a band playing as we exploit some bugs Very Happy ?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarre Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Bad cow you made me remember semi naked dancing orcs but still looks fun
Skarre
Skarre

Location : On a roof watching the star's (( also know to be in south england))

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 4:45 pm

The Horde can't be nuked from all sides by dozens of Horde players while proceeding through the city, into the arena and while in said arena. >.>

Also, where IS the entrance to it? I've scoured every corner and can't find a way into the pit.

Videos can be put together in 3D development environments or whatnot using any of the in-game locations and models, which is why I have my doubts about the arena being accessable at all to players.

Malanar. Please. Trust me. People on the outside cannot get in, nor can they cast spells on anyone inside the arena (except for spells like Mind Vision).

You can't find the entrance, but neither can a lot of people. you need quite abit of explorer savvy to find a way inside. If you want to take active part into organising this, I'll show you. Or just bump me when I'm logged on and we can go there together.

That video is 100% real, it happened IN the arena. Can you IMAGINE how fake it would look if he'd had to "special-effect" all those people into the arena? There is NO WAY in hell that video is shot anywhere else than the ring of valour. Smile

And the Alliance won't be an audience in this event. I'll have them summoned inside the pit beforehand (those that are here for Gladiator fights and feckless alts that will be eaten alive).
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Are you going to ask Blizzard to give us a band playing as we exploit some bugs Very Happy ?

We'll hardly be exploiting anything. Personally, I use 100% legit space-bar use and a slowfall and rocket boots to get in there. For non-engineers, it might take a fear to get them up a slope. That is all.

I can even consult a GM if you'd like, and post a screen of his answer here, if anyone is still squeamish about using this location. Smile
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Tue May 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Nah, you can only get banned if you enter off limits areans,

If you can get there, then it can't be off limits! Very Happy
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Aomir/Lyrion wrote:I can help! Very Happy

Thank you, Ao! Smile
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am

Follow both threads for updates. This one and the one on DBWoWEurope
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed May 26, 2010 4:28 am

Good luck with this! It seems like a lot of fun!

(And I remember a Ghorana, but he played an orc shaman - not a Tauren. Sad )
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Wed May 26, 2010 5:26 am

Ghorana wrote:
Aomir/Lyrion wrote:I can help! Very Happy

Thank you, Ao! Smile

No problem. :>
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed May 26, 2010 7:40 am

I'll take the discussion here instead of the realm forum tbh:
Naalo wrote:I'm well aware of the dangers. This isn't really RP-PvP... we need Alliance gladiators, is all.
You don't have to come under the name of Bloodwind either. Or under your own names. Only your OOC reputation risks a bruising (or eternal glory! Imagine beating the horde in it's own games!).

Seriously though, please consider this, as I'm ready to do a lot to make sure it runs smoothly and without griefing. (Again, you cannot throw spells at people in this arena, when you're standing otuside of it.)

I would be really happy if people from Bloodwind were interested in this, as I understand that you're an RP-PvP guild with renown on DB. Smile
I'll bump you guys in game soon enough. Smile
The only way one can get their "reputation" bruised, is by getting defeated by an equally geared opponent with more or less the same numbers. This is not the case here, because if a zergfest occurs, there'll be nothing we can do, no matter the gear. What I care about is the guild making it all the way out there only to get swarmed by god knows how many horde, who by then will have found out the way inside, and I doubt you or anyone else will be able to do anything against it >_>

Posting this on the realm forum wasn't really a good move if you ask me. I'll discuss this with the other officers and guildies, but I'm still not very fond of the idea.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 am

Shaelyssa wrote:Good luck with this! It seems like a lot of fun!

(And I remember a Ghorana, but he played an orc shaman - not a Tauren. Sad )
I arrived on DB as a Draenei, after 4 years of being a tauren on Earthen Ring. Then, tested out orc, but Now I'm back as a Tauren.

@ Mandui: I understand your concerns. They're valid, particularly with that Goon Schmendict posting in the DBForum thread.
I for one, believe that GM haven't Forsaken us, it is just a case of asking them nicely. When I have a date in mind, I'll make it a point of writing a ticket to ask a few things, including:

- Is it possible to make Level 70 ETC appear for the event. (I know GM's can spawn mobs where they like)
- Is it possible to have a GM come as a big sorta monster mob, which some poor devils inside the arena have to subdue for the amusement of the crowd.
- Can we get guaranteed protection from any an all griefers who would like to ruin this event?

I have seen GMs act in such a way at events on other realms, and I see no reason why one couldn't come to this.
It's just a matter of acting nice and offering them cookies.

We're on RP'ing turf here, and there is no way I'm letting myself be intimidated by those e-bullies. Not when we vastly outnumber them as well.
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 am

Ghorana wrote:
Shaelyssa wrote:Good luck with this! It seems like a lot of fun!

(And I remember a Ghorana, but he played an orc shaman - not a Tauren. :( )
I arrived on DB as a Draenei, after 4 years of being a tauren on Earthen Ring. Then, tested out orc, but Now I'm back as a Tauren.

TOI !!! Je me souviens de toi ! Tu jouais un draenei qui s'appelait Onelu, non ? C'est moi, Alushia !

Now that I personally know who is organizing this, I have no doubt at all that it will be absolutely fantastic! I just hope that by the time I get back I'll still be able to participate with my troll ;).
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Wed May 26, 2010 10:34 am

Salut! Smile I don't remember Alushia, but I very clearly remember Shaelyssa.

I remember you too, our characters met in Ashenvale, no?
Oh, and:
Now that I personally know who is organizing this...

Wahey... I don't personally, but... I wouldn't mind getting to know you too. Wink
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed May 26, 2010 10:42 am

Haha maybe I shouldn't have said that I personally know you, but you did tell me of all the things you got up to on Earthen Ring and it was most definitely impressive Wink.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghorana Wed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Ok, I've shopped arond on Alliance this afternoon, and extended formal invites to Bloodwind, Ere Argus and the Winterblades, as well as the Wandering Company.

Just to get the message to various RP'ers.

UPDATE:

IC'ly, this event is hosted by pro-Garrosh orcs. As a tribute to the old days of the mighty bloodlusty Horde, there will be a reenactment of the fall of Cenarius at the hands of Grom Hellscream

This is one of the re-enactments of lore we will be doing, if there are enough elves.
Ghorana
Ghorana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next