Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

+38
Thormag
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Osmand
Jeanpierre
Velspeth
Ledgic
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kil'drakor
Ralegh
Arathoran
Borian
Geneviève
Morinth
Seranita
Samian/Bismack
Gahalla
Zhakiri
Demurral
Mandui
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Krogon Devilstep
Celadazar
Lavian
Geldar
Rmuffn
Valestrion
Skarain
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kittrina
Morgaan
Fortesgue
Amaryl
Thelos
Lexgrad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
corleth
42 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 5 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Celadazar Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:52 pm

I say just leave it to me and Lex, we will deal with the Chapter *flex*
Celadazar
Celadazar

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Lightsoul
Title: Highlord

Back to top Go down

Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'  - Page 5 Empty Re: Event idea: 'The Anethionean dominion'

Post by Morgaan Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Cela why don't you keep an eye on Lordaeron instead of bothering down here? Why would a Lordaeron order even care about Stormwind?
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Corleth wrote:Man the holy-water canons.

Spoiler:

Fixed.

Spoiler:
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:00 pm

In all honesty, Lex has a point. Now you all know we need rebels for this to work and we need to be overthrown or be put in a situation where we can no longer carry out our duty but saying the Church of Holy Light guilds should lead the rebellion would only make this whole plot/event messed up. You must read and understand why the Chapter would be doing what they are doing in the first place. It just looks bad if we start interrogating and investigating potential corruption in the Church and they turn around and rebel violently. Sure roll alts and lead the rebellion if you feel you are up to it, but especially Ishap with her Shadow blades around the time of Benedictus' treachery would just not work as a rebel leader.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Morinth wrote:

Spoiler:

Fixed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
fixed*
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Would Stromgard and the Ebon Shroud actually aid in a civilian rebellion in the south though I wonder?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid wrote:
Morinth wrote:

Spoiler:

Fixed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
fixed*

We still win, unless your Mega Shark and intend on flying at us. Razz
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:17 pm

The Northern Alliance and other nations would or should only intervene if the sanctity of the Alliance was threatened, or support for the northern front dissapeared i suppose. It depends entirely on how the chapter play it i suppose.

...the acts of individuals however...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Well i cant talk for the others, Lex's assistance would be personal as scarlets with power in SW is bad for DKs. He also has other reasons for fighting against the chapter (By that i dont nessessaryly mean with force however if it came to it he wouldnt need much to persade him Razz)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm

For god's sake, stop calling us Scarlets. It's wrong.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Celadazar Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Relax Morgy Razz We would aid if aid was needed in Stormwind along with any other Northern city orders.
Celadazar
Celadazar

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Lightsoul
Title: Highlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Corleth wrote:For god's sake, stop calling us Scarlets. It's wrong.

I think that's the whole idea, yeah.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Dont call us corpses then Razz

In Lex world you are a living, a scarlet, a scourge or a horde.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Gahalla raises some good points, but I still do not believe people will OOCly agree with someone coming to us from the outside and telling us how to operate or who to appoint as Minister, it is not how we work or have worked in the past.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm

I was more thinking that Ishap would be one of the first that you would mark for arrest so she'd resist, run away and probably work against you....
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Ah right I see. Well that is all fine if that is what she would ICly do and I have faith that you and Ishap would realise that escaping an interrogation regarding a matter like this would be rather incriminating. All in the name of good roleplay though.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Anyhow, an awesome concept. if you need any help from anyone i have no doubt you need only ask. Keep the good back and forth debate going, seeing some brilliant ideas.

(just try not to decide too much on here, we do all likes suprises!)
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Well it's mostly due to certain events lately that mean IC'ly anyone who says "Hail Anethion" immediately jumps to her "to be punched" list.... a rather long list to be fair
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Ishap's reputation with the Ebon Shroud increases by 1
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:55 pm

It seems to me that the main stream Church guilds are being steamrollered here. We can try to stop the situation ever happening but I doubt we'll be allowed to succeed as that would stop the event going ahead. Then, once it does happen, we are now being told that it's unrealistic for to lead the fight back, meaning that we will only be restored because we are seen to be the lesser of two evils. Right now it seems we have two choices.

a) Get arrested, locked up and tortured until a backlash by peasants reluctantly returns us to our position, with a fraction of the respect we once had.
b) Withdraw from the RP community

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Valestrion, you don't speak on behalf of all Stormwind Light guilds. Your fears and opinion is noted but you seem to only want to avoid the lore Blizzard has given us because it may damage the reputation of Church guilds ICly. You must realise good or bad events for your character/guild is still always good roleplay.

You could give us some suggestions with ways you feel that would benefit the Church guilds, if you feel all of ours are not suitable. Everyone bear in mine we're not a dark cult taking over Stormwind, let us begin to discuss the politics and early events for a little while as it seems resistance is everyones biggest focus. Yes, certain groups despise the Chapter but rebellion wouldn't begin until we start taking away liberties and being a general pain in the ass. In the early days we will just be spreading propaganda and interrogating church members whilst we uphold faith in Stormwind.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid wrote:Valestrion, you don't speak on behalf of all Stormwind Light guilds. Your fears and opinion is noted but you seem to only want to avoid the lore Blizzard has given us because it may damage the reputation of Church guilds ICly.

This is out of line, I feel. As far as I know, all Blizzard has given us on this manner is a NPC standing in the Cathedral that informs the player that the Archbishop is on a mission at Wyrmrest. The fact that the general populace should learn about his fall has thus far been entirely done by the players. Dont be suprised if this is later retconned by Blizzard and it will have seemed that the whole thing is being kept under wraps for the sake of preserving the Church.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:23 pm

No, Aldric, I don't speak on behalf of all Stormwind Light guilds, and I never claimed to. I do speak on behalf of the Disciples of Light, which is one of the oldest guilds on the server and has consistently been involved in Church RP for several years. I also recognise that there are other Church guilds who have not responded here and may or may not feel the same way. I have seen no comment from Maelmoor, for instance.

I am not avoiding any lore. The only thing Blizzard has given us in this is the Benedictus's betrayal. A scenario where the Church leaders recognise the effect this will have on the general populace and act to prevent an uprising is as consistent with the Blizzard storyline as the scenario dictated by this event.

It is my duty as GM of the Disciples of Light to protect the interests of my guild. So far, I am not sure what the rest of my guild thinks about it, so I can't say how we see ourselves fitting in with this storyline. However, so far it doesn't seem as if we are going to be given any say in the future of the Disciples of Light.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:27 pm

It's out of line? Sorry Thelos but surely the Church guilds would want to cooperate in this to prove they knew nothing and had nothing to do with Benedictus. Saying they'd flee/hide/resist/draw back from then community only furthers the need of action and suspicions. Also, we have another month and a bit before this begins, by then nobody can argue that deathwing isn't dead, and the Benedictus betrayal happens way before that in the timeline. Players would know of this and on their return rumours would surely be spread of this information, even if the Church denies it (further heightening suspicions)

We play in an ever changing, progressing environment in which we must adapt and progress alongside with. If Blizzard released lore stating Northshire Abbey was swallowed by Deathwing on his journey to the Maelstrom, we'd have some IC deaths and relocate.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm not denying that good roleplay will come from this. I am just denying that the claim that "The knowledge of the betrayal of Bennedictus is actually known to the people of Azeroth" is backed by Blizzard lore in a way you are claiming it is. I am perfectly fine if we make good roleplay out of is regardless, but we should at least recognize that it will be mostly based on playermade lore and extrapolation. In fact I strong case could be made for the fact that the general populace is being kept in the dark about the Archbishop's fall. Why else would they add text to a NPC in the Cathedral specificly to explain to the players why the Archibishop is no longer there? That NPC is still here, saying his thing, and will be saying it for the foreseeable future. As far as I know it is the only in game reference to the Bishop's departure, apart from the events in the instance, which would only be known to a very select group of people.. If Blizzard wanted to add church-upheaval drama, they would have made it more explicit. If we want to do it anyway, that is fine by my book, but we should at least acknwoledge that it is mostly based on playermade lore. It is our decision to make the Archibishop's fall known to the players and the mob. Again, fine, but only if we acknowledge it as such.

For the record, the actual quote of Bishop Farthing, which to my knowledge is the only in game reference to the Bishop's dissapearence besides the actual instance, goes as follows:

Farthing: If you are here to speak to Archbishop Benedictus, I am sorry to inform you that he has left on a mission.

Player: A mission?

Farthing: Yes. He has been called upon to help the aspects with their efforts at Wyrmrest. He wishes to aid them in cleansing Azeroth of Deathwing's menace.

May the Light guide his path.

Last edited by Thelos on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next