Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May]

+23
Melnerag
Krogon Devilstep
Lavian
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
Calisar
siegmund
Allonia_Miral
Samian/Bismack
Thelos
Rashka
John Silverweave
Seranita
Raenmar
Rammius
Diederich
Drustai
Helmut
Skarain
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Xen-tau
Coppersocket
Ralegh
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May]

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm

That doesn't too bad to me at all. A scrap for Dun Garok is not out of the question either.

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May]

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 am

Is this still going ahead tonight? Do we know yet if it will be wargames or just a battle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 am

It's still going. Pretty sure it will be wargames.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 am

will these war games happen over a few days? or only for tonight?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 am

Hmmm.. I guess I might be able to join on my rogue then.. Depends how long another event of mine will take though
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

I was hoping to conclude it in one evening, that's why the tactics of the Alliance closely resemble Blitzkrieg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Oh. Fair enough
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm sort of wondering why none of my guild got a raid invite. Fair enough I was late (PC problems), but the rest of TGC had been gathered since 20:15 and nobody got invited.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 pm

I think it should have been organized better who got in the team when it was limited, so those who are IC involved get preference. I know me and several others where there on alts for the fun of it, and I would gladly have given up my spot for others who should more realistically be there (such as soldiers who are stationed in the north.)
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 9:01 pm

There are many things that could have went better and I agree that this is one of them. More feedback will be seen nicely!

If griefers were not about we could have involved everybody.

A nice turn out in general, though the Horde is ICly disunited and the Alliance is not so we could not formulate an equally sized response.

Think many people forgot this wasn't about winning or losing for that matter.. oh well, will take a break and let people who are better than me organize these things as I just can't seem to get a grasp of it.

Thanks to those who turned out and for Drustai in being endlessly patient via battle-tag and thinning down the numbers, thanks to the Alliance for being generally patient and taking turns fighting us, sorry it had to be this way as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Double post, the ending of that was amazing. The game was ending and the Alliance was rushing Drek'thar while the last nine Horde defended, we were literally all ported out in the middle of this huge ass battle.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Shame for Greyford couldn't join. Sadly i saw some and then didn't think more about it. I saw Raen switching spots with Hard, then again didn't know or check why. And then he left, later on people were changed, some had to leave or low levels had to leave as well before the battle.

Shame, but sometimes you got to be more agressive about joining limited things. As well as could have been told (Maybe i missed it) In LFRP or another chat that invites are being accepted for this.

All in all was fun though. Tol barad might be a better thing for some people.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Aye, Tol Barad will be open without any population limitations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Raenmar wrote:I'm sort of wondering why none of my guild got a raid invite. Fair enough I was late (PC problems), but the rest of TGC had been gathered since 20:15 and nobody got invited.

This is a problem when you people make your own raids. I tried to invite Greyford people, but they were in their own group at the time, and as I was busy managing the rest of the 50+ Alliance people, plus coordinating with Ephitos, I didn't really have time to micromanage them about leaving their group. Even after I tried and failed to invite them, none of them yelled or sent tells asking for invites. Considering the massive amount of people, I couldn't be sure that they weren't already in the group, so I moved on to other organizational duties.

Early bird gets the worm, and the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Greyford were late in comparison to the people who had been there since 19:00 and earlier (we were more or less full by 20:30-20:40). Only one TGC member (Hadell) was there at 20:15, and he DID get an invite, but he was in his own group and so didn't get in, and he never whispered me or yelled anything indicating that he was free for invites after that.

I'm sorry, but like I said, I was very busy with organizing everyone and everything for Alliance side, and simply did not have the time to micromanage their invites. I invited everyone who was there at 20:15 and continued to do so up until about 20:35, which was when we got full. I did not intentionally exclude Greyford people.

I can't speak for the other assistants and whether or not they also tried to invite the Greyford people. Though next time though I think I'm going to get a dedicated "invite officer" who can micromanage getting everyone invites.

About the battle itself: I apologize to the Horde for the numbers being a bit lopsided at the start. I was trying to keep the balancing IC, with sending one group along one side of the map and another along the other side, but a few times (particularly where we got up to IB) they intertwined a bit.

This was my first time leading a side in a wPvP battle, so I apologize for any mistakes I may have made in the process.

Last edited by Drustai on Thu May 02, 2013 1:19 am; edited 5 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

A little gutted to have missed out due to limited numbers tonight. (I help run a class on a Weds, was always going to be late. But hey ho, it's a healthy sign that so many RP'ers were game!) Anyone manage any screenshots?

Hats off to the organisers, this kinda thing will always have issues Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

The graspers were late due to another RP plot we are involved in atm, otherwise we would have been there in greater numbers. But it was a fun event, though I had a hard time keeping track of my ranged unit. Razz Will do better next time!

I had fun though and I hope the rest had fun as well. Smile And cheers to Drustai for all her patience and organizing skills! Organizing a group of people this big is hard work.
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger

Character sheet
Name: LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
Title: Commander of the Blackmoon Sentinels

http://www.ceciliamezzo.se

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm

The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May] - Page 2 Wo_WScrn_Shot_050113_223052
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May] - Page 2 Wo_WScrn_Shot_050113_223052

FUUUUUCKING TOOWEEER!

No but really, the Tower fight was epic and my favourite moment tonight. Need to capture the moment when Bismack, Gilran, Helmut and the gang fought off swarms of Hordes, surrounding the tower like sharks.

Scouting Squad, you are awesome. Thanks to you we won tonight. It was great leading you, even if you could e abit jumpy sometimes. All of you should get medals! Medals and icecream!

I want to thank the organizers for your hardwork and I very much look forward to the next event that you'll host. I want to thank the commanders and the troops who did this cool battlesmething to remember!

Yay!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Helmut wrote:
Samian/Bismack wrote:The Battle for Alterac [RP-PvP][[1st of May] - Page 2 Wo_WScrn_Shot_050113_223052

FUUUUUCKING TOOWEEER!

No but really, the Tower fight was epic and my favourite moment tonight. Need to capture the moment when Bismack, Gilran, Helmut,Lavian and the gang fought off swarms of Hordes, surrounding the tower like sharks.

Scouting Squad, you are awesome. Thanks to you we won tonight. It was great leading you, even if you could e abit jumpy sometimes. All of you should get medals! Medals and icecream!

I want to thank the organizers for your hardwork and I very much look forward to the next event that you'll host. I want to thank the commanders and the troops who did this cool battlesmething to remember!

Yay!

Fixed. However yeah was a fairly enjoyable event, just wished there was more of an even number field. However it gave great RP in between!
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed May 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Sounds like it was quite fun, any chance of some IC/OOC stage by stage reports on how it went? I'd be keen to read.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Have to say, my favorite moment was when Vangrel started throwing plague bombs in front of our line (not into the line, just in front of it), and everyone except Areyah just broke and ran. She had to yell at them to come back and stand their ground. Very Happy

Your plague don't scare me, zombie.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Pfft. Lavian stood her ground!....Well she's already dead...
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Should of accused Areyah of being a witch and immune to plague.

But I'm glad at least the Alliance are relatively happy with it, even numbers would have made for much more epic fights.

In the future, and that future is summer (June/July) we'll work on making the odds even and seeing what else can be done to make it interesting.

I'd hate to limit our things to wargames so I may have a chat with and see if something can be thought up of in terms of leaving our fights not attacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed May 01, 2013 11:21 pm

On the behave of Wild Tempest i would like to thank all parties that were present in organizing this event. I was late, so i missed a spot, but i heard only good from the event.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 pm

ahh sounds like this was epic.. shame I missed it.. will there be no more "pushing" tomorow?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next