Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

+38
Saevir
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Cid
Karlak
Mervyn
John Helsythe Amaltheria
itsy
Ataris
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Maelmoor
Quin
Humphry
Arathoran
Khendran
Unknown
Zinkle Figgins
Shaelyssa
Gogol
Torukan
Gahalla
corleth
Jeanpierre
Braiden
Amaryl
Ledgic
Demurral
Valerias
Mandui
Whiston Farley
Lavian
Feydor
Geldar
Melnerag
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
Cathee Norris
Eloresh
42 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE. - Page 6 Empty Re: Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:10 pm

The problem with raiding with an RP guild, in general here, is that quite a lot of RPers might want to raid, but not put in enough effort.
The covenant, atleast in it's Wrath version of Raiding is proof of this. The naxx runs we indeed did get had at best 6 competent players in them, for 10 man. And not geared enough to actually carry four people.
What I'm meaning here is that you need to run the two guilds quite differently, and for some RP guild concepts raiding will be a pain indeed. Having Orcs of the Red Blade raid is a proof of this, only having access to one type of healer and losing out on a few buffs.

Also, some people want to RP while being at the top of the Raiding. And for them it'd be virtually impossible to do so with a pure RP guild, since all the "best" evenings would need to be taken for the Raids. I know a lot of raiders who RP that complain whenever an event is on a thursday or sunday.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE. - Page 6 Empty Re: Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

Post by Geldar Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Strange though, I've got to say. I do all of the above mentioned things, PvE, PvP and RP and its working out for me quite well. I raid endgame since WoTK with the same ten RPers from various RP and non-RP guilds on Wednesday and Sunday and I have never had a problem when it came to attending RP events.

Same goes for the PvP, at times I have been in rated BGs with Bloodwind, at times not. It all comes down to the people who you do it with and the times you arrange it on. Even those who are in pure RP guilds can arrange a small raiding group/bg group of 10 like minded people and have it work out on the best days for them when there are no events.

If anything, its not impossible, its not even hard these days.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't think OOC activities are a big deal or a problem. As Geldar said, if one's interested in such it's not very hard to get going provided you can find the people. If you can't find the people it can't be a very widespread problem.

It's more about guilds and the community overall opening up more imo.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 pm

People aren't listening. People came forward who are in 'OOC' guilds saying that it was a problem. The community is as open as I think it can be. We're all over Elwynn and Stormwind, we're not a closed off cult and we've no reason not to interact with everyone who comes looking for us. And you can't start suggesting we should go looking for them, surely? What are they called, what do they look like? Why should I spend an evening looking for people who might be looking for RPers when I could be RPing instead?
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Nowhere did I say we were a closed off cult. It's a community based effort. Simply walking up to people you don't know and saying hi can go a long way. Don't take it as criticism to you in person.

There's a difference.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm

People came forwards saying that a lack of OOC activities was a problem. The RP community is perfectly approachable, despite a quieter SW. I think you and I are discussing a different problem.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 pm

I'm hearing a lot about Stormwind, but not enough about Kalimdor ... :p

I really think bringing the entire role-playing community, at least on the Alliance side anyways, together is really important. If there's more people role-playing in a given area, there's a higher diversity in the kinds of characters and personalities there. That means that the different role-playing encounters you can experience will be new and interesting. That's why I think Theramore is such a good idea, because then the draenei/night elves/K-worgen can go to Feathermoon, and the two groups would be close enough to interact with one another easily. It's also easier to justify role-play in Theramore for humans and dwarves (and gnomes too!) rather than somewhere like Darnassus, for example.

The Kalimdor and EK role-playing communities are already isolated enough as it is, or at least the Kalimdor one is anyways. Bringing the two close together in Theramore / Feathermoon means that there'll be more role-play first of all, as well as more variety in both the kinds of alliances that can be made as well as the kinds of conflicts. Also, the area surronding the two towns has so much role-playing potential in terms of plotlines! It's incredible!!!

The only problem with moving to Theramore and Feathermoon though, is how new role-players will be included ... but I think with time, it'll become common knowledge that role-play can be found in Theramore :p. And anyways, making Theramore a role-playing hub wouldn't mean that Stormwind (or Darnassus / the Exodar) would be completely ignored anyways. Routine trips could still be made for ... supplies ... or something.

And I'm not only posting this because I love Theramore and Feathermoon so much. My intentions are completely selfless and not self-serving :p ... I swear ...
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Actually I was intending to work through the CoL to get more going with the Draenei. But for Elves it's a bit more tricky.

Perhaps we could organize an inter culture music event? Razz Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 pm

NO! Don't steal my-- our draenei role-players! Sad !!!

I remember Saihna wanted to organize an "interracial cultural event" a while back ... but she canceled it.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 am

Shaelyssa wrote:And I'm not only posting this because I love Theramore and Feathermoon so much. My intentions are completely selfless and not self-serving :p ... I swear ...

Of course. Everyone knows that Kalimdor is the only worthwhile continent anyway. /nod

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 am

if i get DefiasRP guild started, i will try to send rpers that way.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:41 am

You can try this DefiasRP guild idea, and I hope it works out for you; but I think it will only be a short term fix, and if it is going to be RPers with perks, then it's going to be difficult getting RPers from, say Blues Brothers, to go from a level 25 guild to a level 1 guild.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6