Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

+38
Saevir
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Cid
Karlak
Mervyn
John Helsythe Amaltheria
itsy
Ataris
Geneviève
Magaskawee/Anaei
Maelmoor
Quin
Humphry
Arathoran
Khendran
Unknown
Zinkle Figgins
Shaelyssa
Gogol
Torukan
Gahalla
corleth
Jeanpierre
Braiden
Amaryl
Ledgic
Demurral
Valerias
Mandui
Whiston Farley
Lavian
Feydor
Geldar
Melnerag
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
Cathee Norris
Eloresh
42 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

Post by Amaryl Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 pm

i personally dislike the idea of being ooc in /s.

it has nothing to do with "being reluctant to try something new" but whatever system is chosen i shall probably attend even if it is accompanied by the irony of discussing how to better RP while oocing in /s Wink

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaders of the Alliance. MUST SEE.

Post by Eloresh Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Amaryl wrote:i personally dislike the idea of being ooc in /s.

it has nothing to do with "being reluctant to try something new" but whatever system is chosen i shall probably attend even if it is accompanied by the irony of discussing how to better RP while oocing in /s Wink

For such reason we are getting away from any places where a normal RP player could see of us. I do not know a way better to have the people controled and respect their turns properly so that the raid chat is not a complete mess. If you do, please enlighten me ^^
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:07 pm

what is preventing people from speaking without being given a turn now?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah you then have the choice of either going ooc in /s, or try and make it "sound" IC, without being able to discuss the state of the server properly. Just enforce raid chat very strictly and don't overload it with people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Amaryl wrote:what is preventing people from speaking without being given a turn now?

Nothing, for the only reason that we have not done this exact meeting before, but I was given the thought that it would happend and that something had to be thought to have control maintained, thus the idea I shared with all of you, of doing it in a different way.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

So the future of the alliance is ment to be decided by your avarage joe white knight crowd? Cool great cant wait.

Also just make a bloody channel
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Eloresh wrote:
Amaryl wrote:what is preventing people from speaking without being given a turn now?

Nothing, for the only reason that we have not done this exact meeting before, but I was given the thought that it would happend and that something had to be thought to have control maintained, thus the idea I shared with all of you, of doing it in a different way.

but how is this different way going to prevent people speaking out of turn? considering we would still all need to be close together to hear everyone, people can still just "type whatever" and spam will be the same, or am i missing something integral of the plan?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Quin wrote:So the future of the alliance is ment to be decided by your avarage joe white knight crowd? Cool great cant wait.

Also just make a bloody channel

And what kept the rest from showing interest in participating? Or am I going to have to pull people to it if they do not show interest? I'll be waiting your whisper to take part in it as well, for if you do not, your comment here is nothing but useless.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Amaryl wrote:but how is this different way going to prevent people speaking out of turn? considering we would still all need to be close together to hear everyone, people can still just "type whatever" and spam will be the same, or am i missing something integral of the plan?

Everyone looks one way, thus the person that is speaking can be read clearly and without a problem, even though other chat boxes appear in the end of the hall. But aye, seeing that some do not agree with this option, the typical raid chat will be used to hold this meeting.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Eloresh wrote:
Amaryl wrote:but how is this different way going to prevent people speaking out of turn? considering we would still all need to be close together to hear everyone, people can still just "type whatever" and spam will be the same, or am i missing something integral of the plan?

Everyone looks one way, thus the person that is speaking can be read clearly and without a problem, even though other chat boxes appear in the end of the hall. But aye, seeing that some do not agree with this option, the typical raid chat will be used to hold this meeting.

Good plan really :p I think talking in say, regardless of the OOC thing, would actually be more chaotic.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:26 am

Eloresh wrote:

I like the idea and initiave but disliked the ooc in say thingy, so im happy with this solution!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 pm

I have clearly not read the forums enough.. I'll be thar..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Oh and are we gathering at that place even tough we'll be using raid chat or not?
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm having notable lag and login issues.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Just two things I'm pondering.

1. Will there be a sum-up of how the meeting went on here?

2. Might be an idea to discuss this on the forum too? Considering it is far easier then doing so in game. Here all the posts would be saved and people have time to read up and think about their contributions.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:00 pm

I definitely appreciated the discussion, and how many people were there. Two things come to mind following it!

1) Established RPers could really stand to help newer RPers. If it's just whispering people who wish to engage but don't seem to know what they're doing, or providing people who say they're new with links to lore, a more accepting outlook - not to idiots, but to people who want to learn - and a more open RP community would be helpful. Even if we only do this in small ways, on a personal level.

Also, non-guilded RPers often struggle to find a place: opening up RP to others and being patient with people helps the community as a whole.

2) There's a lack of conflict in RP and it makes people sad. Guilds don't have other guilds to butt heads with. Even in my relatively short three years on DB, the Old Town Syndicate used to clash with the DoL, the OTS clashed with the Dark Sphere (all the time!), the Shields clashed with the OTS... you get the idea. There was always some sort of conflict - not only among guilds but among characters. There were strongly held convictions and a sense of danger, and I do think that establishing among the community what ideals different guilds and organisations stand for, and who they might conflict with / make plots with, will be essential for providing the fun we all want.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 pm

These are the points we picked up throughout the meeting. They’re not all our own but this is by no means a comprehensive list and not all of them were the consensus. If I’d had the thought beforehand I’d have taken proper minutes.

1) Non-RP guilds ‘Taakkin’ our jaaawbs!’ Non RP guilds recruiting RPers, advertising themselves as RP guilds. And generally being a sore point. Not worth discussing since they weren’t there and even if they were I doubt they’d change their ways. This led to a discussion with a non-RP guild guildee who explained to me that they feel there is no way they can raid within an RP guild because we don’t want to go to the trouble so she feels forced to join a non-RP guild.

2) RP guilds can Raid/PvP and be successful. Try it, it’s easier than it looks and might broaden RP’s appeal to a wider audience.

3) Not enough Evil guilds to fight against!

4) Definition of Evil? Plenty of morally ambiguous guilds. The Seal, Crimsons, Blades for Hire, the Shields (in their day). We all had quite public clashes in the street. Capulets vs Montagues!

5) Army of the Damned/Forlorn Cartel?/Deadwind Conclave/Chapter (arguably). These are downright evil/criminal guilds around but for various reasons people chose to ignore or overlook different elements.

6) People should roll alts to help new guilds out?

7) People should stick to their main characters which will lead to more stable guilds and more accurate measure of how a guild is actually doing.

8) Having people to fight rather than NPC’s/Raid warnings. These techniques have their place but people should be more keen to ask another roughly equally sized guild to play ‘cultists’ for the day.

9) Should we cluster into one City or area? Stormwind/Theramore/Elwynn for the Humans/Gnomes/Dwarves/Worgen. Darnassus/Feathermoon for the elves/Draenei/Worgen?

10) Shame to see some people pissing off to PvP/PvE/idle in SW when the idea was to get some kind of united response. Saying your bit then leaving doesn’t really show you as being open to compromise or cooperation. (specifically aimed at those who left to do other things, not Eloresh who had to deal with pesky guests!)

If everyone else could throw up what they ‘took’ from the meeting that would be great.

P.S. very sorry about the formatting. I think Word fucked it up for me. >.> (fixed -mod)
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Deadwind Conc are gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 pm

I didn't agree with all the speeches, but I was indeed pleased to see so many people gathered in one place to discuss how to improve our RP.
As I see it we just need to stick together more, to create a good OOC communication among several guild leaders/officers, and to really put efforts in our guilds and the projects we carry on. I know it may sound banal but many expect to be mouth-feeded with RP, whereas they should just work a bit more instead.

Also, thumbs up for Maelmoor's idea of proper RP lessons; the quality of the RP itself may not be our main concern right now, but such lessons will indeed help us knowing each other and make the community more close-knit in my opinion.

My two cents regarding Gen's points:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zinkle Figgins on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:21 pm

As I see it we just need to stick together more, to create a good OOC communication among several guild leaders/officers, and to really put efforts in our guilds and the projects we carry on. I know it may sound banal but many expect to be mouth-feeded with RP, whereas they should just work a bit more instead.

This by a hundred times.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am

TSS position is that the rp community and the state and rp has no overarching problem as such. It is no different than it has ever been. RP has never "just happened" you have to work for it. Create it. It has always been like this.

That said. We do believe the community could open up a little, provide many people in non-rp guilds or unguilded a chance to find and interact with us. We also agreed with many more suggestions such as "stop fighting and stop holding grudges" and Jayse's Twilight's hammer idea.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 am

What the....why was my post deleted?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:46 am

All we basicly did was simulate forums in a raid chat, even though I still fail to see the point it was good hearing some opinions.

Oh and its terribly ironic that this event was so guild based
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:21 pm

I don't even know why I take the effort to answer to your post, Quin, I honestly do not understand where your point is. Everyone was given the chance to come and show their thoughts towards the rest of the people there. If you believe someone else should have been there, you could have moved yourself as well, try to reach those I was unable to.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Very cool to see everyone gathered like that, though I think the next time one should focus on a single subject/question.

Again, I echo Gahalla's statements, don't really see a problem with the exception of how closed up our community is. It can be really, really hard for newcomers to find RP and get into the community.

As for the lack of ebul and a giant alt guild filled with disposable fodder, I doubt it'll work. From experience, I know most people would rather be there and develop the character they want to instead of playing a shallow cultist that'll die by the end of the evening.

Of course there's exceptions, but they're just that. That said, I don't think a lack of ebul guilds is necessarily a bad thing or a problem.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next