Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff

+8
Coppernut
Gilran
Odgan / Keag
Rmuffn
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Raene
Raenmar
12 posters

Go down

Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff Empty Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff

Post by Raenmar Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 am

Been considering this for a while, it got a little interest and had 3 people ready to lead together but it just never got off the ground. It'd probably be a big benefit to Northern RP to have somewhere for the non-military characters to go. It was planned for Aerie Peak but that can change, just depends on who/if anyone is interested in leading it.

So yeah. Basically right now there's the potential for a tavern-type guild (or it can be unguilded, I don't care. But having tavern staff in a guild makes this easier), it just needs someone to lead things IC and some of the OOC stuff (or just lead completely if you want). I can help out with advertising/finding people/whatever, I just can't actively run it.

If anyone's interested just PM me or whisper me in game.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff Empty Re: Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff

Post by Raene Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 am

Oh man, that'll be...

Oh wow.

I respect the idea, and the work that you guys are willing to put in but I don't hold out many hopes for you guys lasting out there in such a remote place.

Won't your efforts be better placed in a populated area with actual RP? Y'know, maybe bring a northern vibe, make it a northern club for northeners who are far away from home? Y'know, like an Irish pub in America or something.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff Empty Re: Northern Tavern Project: Need leaders/owners and staff

Post by Raenmar Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 am

Not much point in just another Stormwind hub (because, really, SW is the only non-Northern zone with any regular RP). And being in the North just tends to make RP very different to how it is in SW (more serious), so it'd be something different.

We'd probably move it to Stromgarde if it did happen, since that's where most of the guilds are right now so it'd keep it active.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am

I wish you luck, truly I do.

If Raene ever finds herself in the Green Belt, she might stop by.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 am

Thankyou :3
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:09 pm

It doesn't mean that the "guild" or whatever has to be stationary... What if it moved around. Heck mobile tavern! Just that probably the taverns themselves would stay at the same place, just the workers would one time work here one time another place. Depending where people are currently.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 pm

True. Makes sense that someone would want to profit from the warfront moving around.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 pm

"From the rainy Gilneas, along the grassy corpse littered fields of Arathi, to the other place nobody really cares about. Find -US- The Wandering Ale Front! Be it far or wide, or just a war torn mess we'll shove tasty mead in your mouth and the occasional spear! DRINK, DIE or BOTH!"
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Raene wrote:Oh man, that'll be...

Oh wow.

I respect the idea, and the work that you guys are willing to put in but I don't hold out many hopes for you guys lasting out there in such a remote place.

Won't your efforts be better placed in a populated area with actual RP? Y'know, maybe bring a northern vibe, make it a northern club for northeners who are far away from home? Y'know, like an Irish pub in America or something.

Used to be a thing to bring RP away from Stormwind.
<_<
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Well, in Ironforge we got the Sober Dwarf with it's own staff, could also be used.

EDIT: A friend pointed out that Menethill Harbor is also a nice place, it's partly flooded. But the inn is still intact, through it misses a player staff like the Sober Dwarf already has.
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Menethil Harbor sounds like a good option if you ask me, Inn is rather big and it has two flats and accessible cellar. NPCs are not Dwarf only, which means that the Inn is occupied by other races as well which kinda adds to the immersion.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm

i've run and staff a player taven before. could shift my barmaid up north.
may need ta think on this some more, just out of interest which nights are you thinking of for this?
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm

siegmund wrote:
"From the rainy Gilneas, along the grassy corpse littered fields of Arathi, to the other place nobody really cares about. Find -US- The Wandering Ale Front! Be it far or wide, or just a war torn mess we'll shove tasty mead in your mouth and the occasional spear! DRINK, DIE or BOTH!"

Haha should totally use this xD
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Nah Gilran. I think Theramore would be more appropriate. It really feels like the bomb when you're there.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Hey, when I said the 'Green Belt' I meant in Menethil.

It's a region of that zone, so I would definetly pop by there at some point.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:43 pm

And being in the North just tends to make RP very different to how it is in SW (more serious), so it'd be something different.

I find this, as a SW player, very insulting. Sad
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Intention was to have it move with the military guilds that are up there so that when there's nobody visiting there'll still be plenty of activity. Menethil is a good location, I just think that it might be deserted a lot of the time, so the staff would get bored of sitting around all day and leave, then if someone did come it'd be empty. Obvious solution would be (sort of answers Coppernut's question) to have the tavern open on one day of the week and as it grows to have some regular patrons it'd naturally be open more and hopefully form a hub for random RP.

As for what day(s), it'd be up to whoever's leading and staffing it. I'd like to think over time it'd grow to the point where people could come on any day to find random RP, but to start at least a day needs to be set so people will know it'll be active. What day that is is up for discussion.

Coppernut, I'll speak to you in game about it if I see you online. Anyone else who wants to be involved is still welcome to post/PM/speak to me in game.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jans Biornson Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 am

So... You are telling me that you want to make an inn in the north, near the bloody frontier, just so you may entertain the wrecked soldiers and earn money on their need for calmness and booze?.......

I LOVE IT

Finally a place that I can stand and sing all night long Razz I've allready written a nice little drinking song for northerners... :3
Jans Biornson
Jans Biornson

http://www.livogsang.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Raenmar, if you want to really see this done, do it yourself. That's usually the best way.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down