Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde locking down MoP zones

+35
Kharzac "Plaguehoof"
Odgan / Keag
Teebo
Gilran
Allonia_Miral
Sadok
Thrakha
Skarain
Kettin
Sohan
Magaskawee/Anaei
Vaell
Zinkle Figgins
Coppersocket
Grufftoof
Seranita
Humphry
Rmuffn
Rae Wulfgnar
Ralegh
Lini
Gesh
siegmund
Quin
Sorayah
Exigua
erwtenpeller
Cid
Jeanpierre
Robi Kaezlan
Muzjhath
Shriukan
Asvaldr Lighthammer
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raenmar
39 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Horde locking down MoP zones - Page 2 Empty Re: Horde locking down MoP zones

Post by Lini Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

Lin'ith wrote:
I think this time last year, people were fussing about The Goons intending to camp Gilneas? Stop worgen from leveling? or some bullshit, last time I checked, you had plenty of 85 werewolves knocking about.
Main difference being that Gilneas is an instanced zone that horde players can't enter.

But even then I wouldn't really worry about this too much. They won't get the numbers to be more than a nuisance. To seriously hinder alliance leveling they'd have to have 24/7 lockdown on the zone. And even then those who actually manage to reach 90 could easily take down the campers.

Of course, personally this won't affect me in the least bit since I'll be busy leveling my monk for the first few days.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 am

Actually, Lin. Some people might be such pvp heads that pvp'ing is more important than leveling. Expect there to be some heavy disruption and prepare to defend yourself. Of course you will have Shriu and other marauders to back you up.
Even if it might just be a 2/3 day thing, they will still level by killing. Killing = XP

And yes, it might not be that much a disruption when all the "forces" are gathered in 1 area.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I can't fucking WAIT for all this fighting, it's going to be insane!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Perturbo wrote:I can't fucking WAIT for all this fighting, it's going to be insane!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yeah i think it will be fun Very Happy
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

I have to agree with Jean-pierre. I've tried to work with alliance to do Wpvp but they just don't know how to single target players, they end up just spamming their attacks on any-one instead of concentrating on healers. If you want to learn how to wpvp I suggest you all group up and attack Orgrimmar so you know what it feels like!

They can't be there to gank 24/7, so I'll be leveling during the down times and will have a small party. They can't gank forever!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Shriu, if they were that focused towards PvP they'd power-level to the cap and start gearing up with honor sets.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm really curious at how "fighting them back" will allow you to quest in Pandaria.. Since you'll be doing everything BUT questing.. You think killing them once(if you even achieve that) will make them leave? They live for this shit. They'll stay, you'll keep fighting.

What's the point? We know fighting them isn't the answer.

And as Wulf said, there'll be hours they won't/can't be there.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Lin'ith wrote:Shriu, if they were that focused towards PvP they'd power-level to the cap and start gearing up with honor sets.

No it's WPVP they want, and they will get alot more of it on day 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Erahn wrote:I'm really curious at how "fighting them back" will allow you to quest in Pandaria.. Since you'll be doing everything BUT questing.. You think killing them once(if you even achieve that) will make them leave? They live for this shit. They'll stay, you'll keep fighting.

What's the point? We know fighting them isn't the answer.

And as Wulf said, there'll be hours they won't/can't be there.

Pretty much this. While they do spend a couple of hours "blocking" the questing area, I'm simply going to try a few dungeons, perhaps the pet battle system to become a WoW Pokémaster, some of the new battlegrounds, or maybe, just maybe some RP in an Azeroth contested zone since they will be off somewhere else.

There are still plenty of things you can do including a different way to level some without giving them what they want, which is attention.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Or we just wait a while to level up in the new zones (instances etc can do in the meantime), and make them wait there in vain. How fun will that be for them?

Just like we fell back to uncontested zones and waited a while for Aboc to go away? No. That's not how it works, as I've been saying the whole damn time.

I've never said this is a war for RPers. Mithridatism and Backpeddling are both involved and both recruiting heavily. They're also both brand new guilds. A Bunch of Campers, Tides of Misery, Dominion, and Thief Empire, collectively have more healers than Mith+Backpeddlers have members.

So, it's established that if we leave the WPvP guilds to fight for us like we usually do, they'll get wiped the fuck out.

Will the Horde get bored? Probably, after at least a week of camping zones. Even if you all level in dungeons, there will always be other people passing through unaware. Will they be camping for 24/7? They've got 4 PvP guilds with at least 100 PvPers, there'll be at least 20 Horde around at all times. At peak times there will be 80+. No, questing in a small group won't help in the slightest.

Could we level someone to 90 and get them to zerg all 100 Horde? Sure. I mean, it's a brilliant plan. It'll never occur to Aboc that we'd push someone through dungeons to level 90 and get them to zerg all 100 Horde.

And, no. Aboc are not bad. Nobody likes them, that doesn't make them bad. They're more skilled and better geared than Dominion. And they managed to disrupt the RP of every guild outside of blueshield zones to the point where they fell apart or fell back, remember?

Aaand no. Aboc don't do this for "attention", as I've said multiple times before. The only thread on the official forums complaining about ganking is a troll thread mocking RPers. Every RP guild blueshielded over a month ago. Aboc are bigger than they have been for a long time.

I apologize if my attitude seems aggressive, but this ignorant, passive attitude needs to stop. We're on an RPPvP server, but if someone brings the fight to us, we just lay the fuck down and wait for them to go away because they're all bad and they just want attention.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Are you new here?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Didn't read all the thread so apologies if pointed out - but I doubt there are many Horde wpvp guilds that will group up with ABoC, I know of at least 2 who actively avoid them and move on if they are around.

I'm sure I'll get ganked by Alliance in starter expansions zones as I have done with every other expansion so far, people who are able to level fast because they don't have other commitments.

Alliance used to outnumber Horde, no idea what the numbers are now, but really guys, it's a PvP server, it's all part of being here. And yes, the PvP'ers will be out to lock down the MoP zones, it's a pvp server far more than it's an rp server - for reasons I won't even start to go into on this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Ok after reading all the posts and responses, it does not surprise me that there is such a mixed reaction..

everyone has a few clear defined choices

1, level at odd times, aboc wont be there .. you be fine.
2, level at ideal times, get camped to hell by aboc.
3, join this little army on the brew to actually counter them to a point (yes tow you yourself my not be levelling.. it keeps aboc busy thus letting others level.
4, level in battlegrounds.
5, level in instances.

everyone here has some options and as this original thread was for those interested in option 3 only.. I would advise to only post replies relevent to this option,..

we all know aboc are here to stay.. we know fighting wont push them away, we know ignoring them does not work ether, there a thorn who like someone said.. are more apt to watching tellytubbies.. yet they are here..

If they chose to lock down zones.. they will do so.. at least if what I read was correct that the other wpvp guild from other servers cannot join in the blockade right away.. so some good news.. some bad..

I myself have not chosen my option yet.. but needless to say I will likely be levelling my hordie toon first so this blockade wont affect me that much.. (mabie the collateral damage from alliance pvp guilds could bug me but im not worried)

Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Fighting them will make them go away eventually, just as wiping Dominion every night for the last two weeks made them go away, just as wiping Aboc in Gilneas made them run off.

I really doubt that there will be a time when there aren't Horde in the zone. Serp has already told me Dominion are involved, and they're usually online PvPing at 2-5 in the morning.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Raenmar wrote:Fighting them will make them go away eventually, just as wiping Dominion every night for the last two weeks made them go away.

Hahaha! Wow Raenmar, you really wear those rose-tinted shades a lot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Hahaha! Wow Raenmar, you really wear those rose-tinted shades a lot

It made them go away for a while, until they regrouped >:

To be fair we have been wiped by Dominion a few times. Mostly in Org <_< catastrophic failure.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

There's no huge problem that needs to be dealt with. You will still be able to level. There will be alot of wpvp going on. Just enjoy it while you can. It's not like you have any hardcore raiding that you must be ready for(and even then the raids don't open till a week later). Just try to have some fun, everything doesn't always have to be a struggle.

EDIT : If it truely bothers you that much you're on the wrong server anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

I've seen a lot of raids on Org... No discipline no planing...

But well i was rp walking though Elwyinn today and a horde druid flew by and stoped, i turned on pvp put on my pvp gear and keeped walking forward, with about 60% hp, i was hoping he'd attack... He flew away. Not sure what guild though.

Last edited by siegmund on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Perturbo wrote:There's no huge problem that needs to be dealt with. You will still be able to level. There will be alot of wpvp going on. Just enjoy it while you can. It's not like you have any hardcore raiding that you must be ready for(and even then the raids don't open till a week later). Just try to have some fun, everything doesn't always have to be a struggle.

Word... im actually looking forward to levelling in what might be a constant warzone.. Specially while going through jade forest.
Y'all should roll rogues if you fear getting camped.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Why am I the one on the wrong server when I'm trying to get an RP community that calls Horde PvPers bad and hides in blueshield zones to avoid being ganked to actually acknowledge that the Horde exists and that five PvP guilds intend to lock down a zone and that we need to fight?

But this won't just be casual PvP. Aboc, Solace, Tides, Thief Empire and Dominion. Sure, it'd be fun, if we weren't outnumbered at least 5:1 and if hordes of people weren't downplaying this with "they're bad" and "they'll go away after a day". Unless we have more people, there won't be WPvP, there will be inaccessible quest hubs and lots of skeletons.

They'll be camping questgivers with ridiculous numbers. It won't be small groups of undergeared Horde trying to find Allliance, and Alliance having any chance to fight back. Why is it so hard to comprehend?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Haven't you been to the movies Raenmar? The underdogs allways win! Relax and Figure out how to cross the bridge when you get to it.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Let's see what happens.

Also, what JP, Pert and Arli say about sums up how I truly feel. And, yes, I am Horde. But I'm quite sure I'll get killed levelling. I'm glad I don't have to worry about ABOC.

But wish people would stop worrying, peddling the same ideas that just don't work, and hopefully look forward to the expansion.

Planning is life's excess baggage guys.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Thats a bit of a insult as seeing that vanish will be 3 min CD, not counting if you choose prep tho.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

We are not outnumbered 5:1, everyone will be levelling, not just the WPvP guilds. Prepare for battle sure, but this isn't freaking Armageddon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 pm

siegmund wrote:

Thats a bit of a insult as seeing that vanish will be 3 min CD, not counting if you choose prep tho.
Well running away from people trying to camp me has never been a issue for me before as a rogue. Don't think the vanish cooldown changing will change that.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next