Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Horde?!

2 posters

Go down

For the Horde?! Empty For the Horde?!

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 am

"Ah miss ma family, my friends an me village, but fightin’ for dis is more important then me life!"

"A won’t grow old in ma hut while others fight for our freedom! Aah would rather die then let dat happen mon!"

"Ah fight for freedom, for friends and family, For da Horde!"

This be da-... *Cough* Sorry, that accent is very addictive.
This is the introduction of my new Troll character Zerpa, however since I em quite new to Roleplay on Horde side I would like to know more about it, what has happened between the different races, where Roleplayers tends to hang out, how they act, Roleplaying guilds, what I should look out for on the Horde.. I think I will stop myself there or I will continue forever.. And perhaps even someone who could introduce me In character, despite what some might think I'm actually quite shy when meeting new people, being a little afraid of what they might think of me and my character and even a little scared if they call me an Loler, for to be called an Loler is thee worst.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

For the Horde?! Empty Re: For the Horde?!

Post by Grim Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Welcome to the good guys!

For what's happened between the Horde races you're best of using Google-fu to find lore information.

Roleplay on Horde-side is, from what I gather, more guild based than over on the bad guy's side.
This means you're less likely to find random RP, though Silvermoon does have some. There's no set 'hub' like there may be on the Alliance.

Roleplaying guilds are many and varied; though my advice is to seek out the Shatterskull Marauders. I'm a little biased, being an ex-officer of theirs but they're a great bunch and are one of the few guilds open to Horde of any race. They're also involved with the rebellion.

You'll find that the Horde is extremely varied in how the players act, perhaps more so than the Alliance. The Alliance races are for the most part 'civilised', whereas the Horde consists of three tribal races at its core and then some pseudo-civilised races with a lot of angst.
So, orcs and trolls in particular will often (though not always - its very character dependant obviously) be rather more ferocious than their Alliance counterparts. There's no law as such, it's everyone look out for themselves and their own. Individual guilds may have laws, and Silvermoon does try to stop the orcs spitting on the floor.
There's a lot of lore-heavy stuff to bear in mind at the minute, so for example, running around Orgrimmar shouting about hating Garrosh is likely to be considered a bit lolboyish, as in likelihood your character would be rapidly rounded up and executed by the Kor'Kron.

Here's a little analogy for you; in Alliance territory if Human #1 starts a fight with Human #2 and in doing so kills him, its murder and he'll be arrested and tried.
In Horde territory if Orc #1 starts a fight with Orc #2 and kills him, it may be frowned upon, but the guy who died was clearly in the wrong, or the spirits / loa / ancestors / elements would have given him the strength to win!

I'm rambling I guess. I'm by no means the arch-sage of Horde RP, merely someone who has been around a while!

For the most part, Horde guilds are very friendly and Horde rp'ers lovely indeed. I've met very few people on the Horde-side who would go out of their way to make a new roleplayer, or new Horde roleplayer, feel uncomfortable.
Have a look into the lore, do a bit of research in the Registry section of these very forums and pick what interests you. Go visit these people and get yourself involved.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:30 pm

*Sage bow* Thank yah mon!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down