Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde locking down MoP zones

+35
Kharzac "Plaguehoof"
Odgan / Keag
Teebo
Gilran
Allonia_Miral
Sadok
Thrakha
Skarain
Kettin
Sohan
Magaskawee/Anaei
Vaell
Zinkle Figgins
Coppersocket
Grufftoof
Seranita
Humphry
Rmuffn
Rae Wulfgnar
Ralegh
Lini
Gesh
siegmund
Quin
Sorayah
Exigua
erwtenpeller
Cid
Jeanpierre
Robi Kaezlan
Muzjhath
Shriukan
Asvaldr Lighthammer
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Raenmar
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Horde locking down MoP zones - Page 5 Empty Re: Horde locking down MoP zones

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Then leave this thread Robi, please. A simple check of Dominion and ABoC on the armory is enough to cause concern when imagining them joining their numbers to deny Alliance players access to areas in the starting zones. Then add the numbers of Tide and that other guild, and more who will most likely join them..

If you don't want to do anything about it, leave this thread. Nobody is asking you to panic. Just leave if you're going to post reply after reply of your one opinion that you disagree.

It takes 20 dedicated pvpers all using ventrillo to lock down Stormwind. Double that then times it by four, all using voice communication, taking shifts, organised, geared and determined. Questing in groups of 3-4 won't help, doing dungeons until 86 won't help either.. You need to discover the dungeon portal, doing scenarios won't help either as you need to required questline/quest/area to que for it.

All I'm personally asking is you try and gear up, and if push comes to shove on release day join the defence raids and take part. It's WPvP, stop being so hostile toward it. You never know, you may like it.

Last edited by Helmfrid on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Robi Kaezlan wrote:
The Alliance isn't built up by you and your 10 buddies, neither is Horde built up by ABoC alone.

just about sums it up.

Horde locking down MoP zones - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmaxReBtNPqcVLoiK-63GNj3Av9CpojNTO8NIKi7jVDmPu1BSI7w
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Firstly, I can perfectly understand frustration over PvP griefers interrupting RP events (it's happened to all of us to various degrees).

That being said, I otherwise enjoy it - it's one of the reasons I rolled on Defias to begin with. I'll certainly relish the challenge of fighting enemy players whilst completing quests to fight enemy NPCs. It's just another immersive layer of questing through a warzone.

I can't help but agree with Perturbo's initial argument - when the expansion launches, there will be Horde attacking Alliance trying to quest. There will be Alliance attacking Horde trying to quest. Que sera, sera.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:19 pm

And there will also be 5 Horde world PvP guilds trying specifically to prevent people from questing Neutral

I'm not complaining, I'll say that. People seem to be misunderstanding, I don't know why. I'm up for fighting them. But despite having put together an alliance of about 4 PvP guilds + some support from TTH so far, we're still outnumbered.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Raenmar wrote:And there will also be 5 Horde world PvP guilds trying specifically to prevent people from questing Neutral

Wow Raenmar you totally haven't said that already!

Raenmar wrote:I'm not complaining, I'll say that. People seem to be misunderstanding, I don't know why. I'm up for fighting them. But despite having put together an alliance of about 4 PvP guilds + TTH so far, we're still outnumbered.

You STILL aren't listening, it's not some shitty pvpers TTH and a couple of RPers it's the whole server. You are drastically underestimating how small those guilds are in comparison to the whole server and seriously need to stop posting now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I don't think there is any frowning upon PVP, nor fear of it - just that some people like to spend their time differently.

However this thread was made to make people aware of might happen, and gather those interested in pvp'ing back. Those not interested don't have to join, I guess.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:25 pm

I don't think Raenmar posted this thread to argue over theories Perturbo, you don't need to keep telling him that. Let this thread be used to organise a defensive, if you don't want part in it Pert don't post here. If you think this thread is pointless, don't post here. Arguing here like children is counter productive. I'll stop posting now because a lot of people derailing this thread with their opinion is starting to tick me off.

I'll be within the defence raid Raenmar, you know you can count on me and I'm sure the majority of DoL will be too. Wink
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Helmfrid wrote:TA simple check of Dominion and ABoC on the armory is enough to cause concern when imagining them joining their numbers to deny Alliance players access to areas in the starting zones. Then add the numbers of Tide and that other guild, and more who will most likely join them.

Dominion will not fight with ABoC. Faylum's merry band of retards may turn up when Dominion start fighting but Dominion sure as hell won't party up with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Raenmar wrote:
The fact that you even believe this, is just stupid, seriously. It's fucking stupid. The way you cry about it, is even more stupid.
The fact that you're blatantly ignoring it when it's completely obvious is stupid.

If you think I'm talking shit then get out of the thread and let it serve the purpose it was made for.
I'm not ignoring anything, I'm using raw fucking experience. We weren't capable of flying in any of the expansions in the beginning, neither was very focused on PVP, people were and will be too busy leveling, they'll have enough trouble just finding quest mobs to kill. You're being a blatant blockhead, a ignorant one.

As already stated, this server is not built up by your and your small group of friends, this server is not built up by the RP community of DefiasRP alone, we got plenty of PVP guilds equally gear to fight. We're not outnumbered in any way, how you even come to that conclusion boggles my mind, the fact that you even claim it to be obvious, just shows how fucking ignorant you are about the facts.

3 guilds cannot outnumber a whole faction. 3 guilds can't interrupt a whole faction. 3 whole guilds wont bother a whole faction, because those three guilds will be interested in the new content as well. They might try gank people on the sideline, but most of the time they'll be busy with their own shit. PVP is a added bonus to leveling up, not a job. They won't be able to PVP properly if everyone else starts outgearing/leveling them, they'll fall behind and end up on the short stick.

How many do you seriously think those three guilds can muster up in a go? 60 people? Against how many? 1000? 1500? Yeah, we clearly got lots to fear from these people, I'm totally shivering in my boots. What I'm more concerned about is you assholes stealing my veins. Leave my veins alone!

We don't need to bunch up, we don't need to organize, all we need is to do what we enjoy. It's good that you enjoy PVP, but this thread has no purpose, the very core of it is based on ignorance and lack of proper logic. We've leveled up through Vanilla, which had no flying mounts and lots of PVP, we leveled up through TBC, which introduced flying mounts at the later levels, we leveled up through WotLK, where you had to, too, pay to get to be able to fly in. This expansion pack is no different from any other in that regard. You're making an issue out of something that isn't even close to an issue, it's not even a possibility.

Besides, why the fuck would they hunt YOU specifically? Why the fuck would they go out for the single intend to DISRUPT ROLEPLAYERS from leveling? There's plenty more people than us on this server, something you have to start fucking realizing by now. No, the people in Trade District won't just sit on their hands and stare at the Auctioneer when the expansion hits, they'll go out there, they'll go quest, they'll kill anyone in their sight, and they'll play the fucking game.

Alliance can't deny the Horde, Horde can't deny the Alliance. Neither want to do either, because that would hinder them from getting to 90 because trying to hunt down every single person of the opposite faction is a very, very, taxing job. You have to have a very large group of dedicated players to be able to pull a feat like that off, and even then most of them just want to get back to leveling so they can hit 90 ASAP.

Again, this thread is fucking stupid and you're giving way, way too much credit to the gank guilds.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Coppersocket hit the nail on the head there.

Either way, gear up and fight or go and play another game. Horde locking down MoP zones - Page 5 M179
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Why the fuck would they go out for the single intend to DISRUPT ROLEPLAYERS from leveling?

They wouldn't, fucking derp. They're trying to disrupt Alliance from levelling. When have I even remotely suggested otherwise?

Horde locking down MoP zones - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmaxReBtNPqcVLoiK-63GNj3Av9CpojNTO8NIKi7jVDmPu1BSI7w

Either way, gear up and fight or go and play another game.

But that's what I'm asking people to do and getting all sorts of shit for it Neutral

And Helm, good post. Thanks for the support.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Um, outnumbered, outguned? Hmm... Well only two links i can post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZ2YidTZp4&feature=related

And for motivation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b9FWeEodBw (Motivation speach - 2:17)

Nuff said
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:07 pm

I don't really play on Defias much anymore, but I'll just throw this out there - Large numbers of organized people can and have locked down zones on certain realms at expansion launches. Heck, the abog guild(on their own) locked down Deepholm on Outland(which has a MUCH higher population then defias) for ages at cata launch when I was still there, and a lot of people had the attitude of "oh we can just dungeon spam". Turns out they got bored of dungeon spam pretty quickly.

I can't speak for the size of any of these guilds because, as mentioned before, I'm not really there any more. But if you think that 3-5 guilds, banded together to form massive numbers, can't cause some serious zone lock downs then good sir you're quite wrong.

Sure, you can wait a week or two until they get bored. But if abog are still like what they were on Outland, you will be waiting until enough people start fighting them to make them realise they can't lock the zone down any more without just being slaughtered. And trust me, the moment a faction starts avoiding content and hiding away just because the other faction might get them, faction imbalance starts and that is a slippery slope to Stormscale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't really play on Defias much anymore, but I'll just throw this out there - Large numbers of organized people can and have locked down zones on certain realms at expansion launches. Heck, the abog guild(on their own) locked down Deepholm on Outland(which has a MUCH higher population then defias) for ages at cata launch when I was still there, and a lot of people had the attitude of "oh we can just dungeon spam". Turns out they got bored of dungeon spam pretty quickly.

I can't speak for the size of any of these guilds because, as mentioned before, I'm not really there any more. But if you think that 3-5 guilds, banded together to form massive numbers, can't cause some serious zone lock downs then good sir you're quite wrong.

Sure, you can wait a week or two until they get bored. But if abog are still like what they were on Outland, you will be waiting until enough people start fighting them to make them realise they can't lock the zone down any more without just being slaughtered. And trust me, the moment a faction starts avoiding content and hiding away just because the other faction might get them, faction imbalance starts and that is a slippery slope to Stormscale.

This, basically.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Raenmar wrote:

There's not really much more to say. The RP community needs to come together, gear up and help offer resistance to the Horde in MoP.

Yeah, heard that before. RP community does need to stand together at some more important things other than PvP and ganking. I don't see a reason why we would we have to unite and fight them off since most likely that won't happen fully as planned because only idiots would follow AboC into their "true WPvP". Don't think you can really believe what those trolls says since they can't be taken serious 99% of the time.
Second, if it somehow happens it won't be an end of the world, believe me. They'll get what they want first day and then they will get bored.
You also said this is based on AboC skype chatlogs, yet you have provided no proofs or screens. Hence I even wonder how do you know of that?

Don't take me that I am against this, but I just can't be bothered to take something serious that comes from trolls - Abcdefg or whatever you call them.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeah, I think the OP is exaggerating the threat a little bit. That said, it's not something to dismiss entirely either.

While there will be a bunch of guilds and groups of friends on both sides levelling up together on Day 1, the bulk of the player-base will probably be solo levelling and exploring the content at their own pace. So, for the most part they won't be grouped and/or organised even though there will likely be a lot of their fellow faction levelling in the same zone or near vicinity.

Even those who start off levelling together will get out of sync due to other commitments/time constraints/etc so they too will find themselves at various stages tackling the questing content solo or grouped but in completely different parts of the same zone. Which makes them vulnerable to roving groups of determined griefers, because in W-PvP numbers invariably win out.

My own experience across all the expansions on a bunch of different servers has shown that it is certainly possible to not only disrupt levelling in specific zones for an extended period but also lock down a hub for shorter periods.

Outland was mentioned above. On Ravenholdt, Zylos Hand were frequently able to cause blockages with less than 10 players working together by camping key hubs that players needed to progress past to advance onto the next tranche of quests, like those questgivers just north of Ramkahen. This sort of intense blockade only lasted a few days but wider acts of general griefing, camping and douchebaggery will go on for the first few weeks post MoP-launch for sure. Once the first wave of levellers (and griefers) have pushed through the content and have unlocked their flying mounts the griefers will simply swoop down and pick off the slower and less populous batch that follows and so on.

So yeah, the first few weeks could potentially be quite hairy. On the plus side, there should hopefully be some fun some fun W-PvP action to be found and if there is a determined push from the usual suspects to grief they might find it a bit more competitive than planned!
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 pm

You also said this is based on AboC skype chatlogs, yet you have provided no proofs or screens. Hence I even wonder how do you know of that?

Spoiler:

I don't know who got the logs originally, but they were passed on to Monrena and then passed onto another Skype conversation. Sufficient?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Hilarious, mostly.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 pm

The RP community "needs to" do nothing. Save work to enjoy (and provide) good RP.

"all we need is to do what we enjoy"

Is a beautifully simple explanation of what I hope people will start to see.

There are a number of things that change in MoP - no flying mounts, guards that hit for 30k+ and dismount etc.

Then there's also the fact that people are still refusing to be able to have a proper conversation about any fucking aspect of this game.

You can disagree, gods know one thing this "community" can do is disagree.

But this "community" doesn't know how to discuss...

A thread is a place for discussion. Please try and discuss things. And step away from the shit flinging and stupidity. On both sides.

As for me, I stick by my earlier post. Let's SEE what happens. I see your post Raen, and yet I also see the utter stupid shit posted on the forums, some of which is fuelled and furthered by people here.

So stop. Please. And think. We all can think. And we can all enjoy something. And if you feel the need to plan in minutae what you'll do when the Heaven's Burn... then do so. But do so without spitting feathers and calling names.

It's pathetic. Or at least misguided. Or silly. Or something. Depending on how mean you want me to sound.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 pm

I'd also like to point out one big difference between MoP zones and Deepholm which apparently was the zone previously locked out:

Deepholm is a zone with only one point of entry located in a small sanctuary zone with an easily blocked bottleneck leading to the rest of the zone.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Grufftoof wrote: Depending on how mean you want me to sound.
If your mean went from 1 to 10, I'd be asking for an 11. Go for it Grim, you can sound even more like the forum Dad if you try Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Solace healers added to the list in OP.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Pro tip - use the Addon "Healers Have to Die". Save you a lot of post editing and be a damned sight more accurate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Arli wrote:
Grufftoof wrote: Depending on how mean you want me to sound.
If your mean went from 1 to 10, I'd be asking for an 11. Go for it Grim, you can sound even more like the forum Dad if you try Very Happy

Cocksponge!

I'm not sure I can do mean really... but forum dad?

'Toof is sad... Sad

If I had sired half of you lot I'd be looking for a large bag, some bricks and the nearest canal. And not for me.

Edit: HHTD is a fantastic mod for anyone PVPing. Except if you're a healer. And it makes you feel sad.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Yep HHTD is what you need, listing healers on the forum is pointless as in the middle of battle...how you gonna alt tab and memorise it?

Love you dad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next