Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

+47
Osmand
Kormag
Tarvik
Rasonal Dranger
Torukan
Peacemoon
Jayse
Demurral
Geldar
Cathee Norris
Lavian
Irys
Jeanpierre
Valdar/Melan
Narushka
Eloresh
Eodan
Arathoran
Mikasa
Dangadil Stormhead
Gesh
Yarnaat
itsy
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Raelan
Timna
The Misty Beast
Khendran
Astraea
Mandui
Morgeth
Melnerag
Morinth
Ixirar
Zhakiri
Frostfeather
Geneviève
Valerias
corleth
Rmuffn
Sanara
Drustai
Killian
Partridge
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Whiston Farley
51 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Khendran Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Girloy wrote:
Gahalla wrote:
Oh... and if you're looking for a Lordaeron guild... there's The Shining Strand.
Hmm, interesting, I'll do something about that.
And the Legacy of Dawn. :3

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Gahalla Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:
From my perspective, the Night Elves stance towards Alliance is somewhat of "CBA with your problems while I have our forests being attacked by Orcs."
Which sort of sums up Gilneas whole contribution during the second war. They quite literally did nothing they did not have a vested interest in.

Always see the NElves as very mistrustful towards the other members of the Alliance and not taking a much active role on Alliance War Efforts when compared with the primary races.
To be fair... in original wow only the dwarves, Stromgarde and the Night elves did actively and officially participate in a war effort. They were the pirmary alliance force in the Ahn'Qiraji crisis. In Northrend the Night elves participated both as members of the seventh legion and held their own encampment there and now they're the primary participants of 3 major fronts (two vs. the Horde and one vs. Deathwing). If one count by number of active fronts... they're the second largest military contributor to the alliance. Beating the dwarves (and being second the Stormwind).

But enough derailment from me.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:42 pm

All right Khendran. I'll sort it out tonight or tomorrow. Don't want to make the numbers for the W PvP uneven.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 pm

You might want to talk to Eloresh, he'd be leading us ICly there, so it's only good if he'd lead us OOCly too.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:
Gahalla wrote:First of all, impressive planning Girloy. It certainly looks like it could be great fun to me. I truly hope it turns out well once you set the plans in motion.

I do however agree with the sentiment that not inviting the Kalimdor races might be a poor move. For two reasons, one is tactical since the Night Elves are the alliance's primary guerilla warfare experts and the fact that they just happen to cover two out of three avenues of retreat (through Stonetalon and through the thousand needles). Without their aid the alliance forces would be in deep trouble if cut off from the coast.
The other is that they certainly have more of an IC interest than most northern guilds have to attend.
From my perspective, the Night Elves stance towards Alliance is somewhat of "CBA with your problems while I have our forests being attacked by Orcs."
Always see the NElves as very mistrustful towards the other members of the Alliance and not taking a much active role on Alliance War Efforts when compared with the primary races.

Distrustful definitely. Hence why I think they'd take offense (and be suspicious) of having an EK army come marching through Kalimdor without inviting them. It's something that would set them on edge. "The Eastern races are losing the war in their lands so now they come to steal ours." Even though they have traditionally stuck to their forests, I'd imagine that with their arrogance they consider all of Kalimdor to be their domain--afterall, whoever wins the most victories will take the most land. With EK kingdoms coming in to the Kalimdor, that is reducing the amount of territorial claims the NElves can make when the war is over.

I'd imagine there'd be a huge political fallout if the EK kingdoms score major victories (and especially if they were to sack Orgrimmar and/or Thunderbluff on their own), because it'd downplay the significance of the Night Elven contributions. "Haha, we came in and cleaned up your mess, silly Elves." Major pride issue, really.

It's not just about winning the war. I see there being a big political/territorial issue here. That's why I wanted to know if there was an IC reason for not being allowed. Since there is, that is something that can be picked up on and used to build on future RP.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Drustai wrote:

Distrustful definitely. Hence why I think they'd take offense (and be suspicious) of having an EK army come marching through Kalimdor without inviting them.

Half the alliance army is fighting in the Barrens. And this event takes place there as well, hence the name. If they took offence they should've done so when dem pesky humans, dwarves, gnomes and worgen built a base on the holy soil and not when they can potentially round up the war effort there and move on. Smile

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Seems we're still disregarding the fact that Southern Barrens (and Eastern Stonetalon for that matter) is Human-Dwarf (Theramore infact) dominated.

Political butthurt isn't coming into play on Gilroy's campaign. If anything I'm cheering for him on this.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:43 pm

What Raelan said.

We are just a new vague of reinforcements towards the already running war between..... Orcs Trolls Tauren and Goblins against Humans Dwarves Gnomes and some Worgen.

I've never expected to encounter such hostility when trying to make an event that is more directed to the EK races of the Alliance instead of the all group! x)
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:Seems we're still disregarding the fact that Southern Barrens (and Eastern Stonetalon for that matter) is Human-Dwarf (Theramore infact) dominated.

Not disregarding. I'd think it'd be an overall point of contention. At least previously Theramore was mostly keeping to itself, but since Cataclsym there's been a surge of EK activity there that I'd personally consider a political threat. Isn't just an issue with the Campaign itself, just the Campaign and its deliberate exclusion of certain races would ICly highlight that.

Political butthurt isn't coming into play on Gilroy's campaign. If anything I'm cheering for him on this.

Yes it is, because certain races are being deliberately excluded on a continent that they consider theirs. That's opening the door for IC political butthurt, which was my point.

Not saying he can't do it, or that the event is bad, at all. It's an IC hook for the races that aren't invited to get involved, which is a good thing. There can be more to war plots than just bashing the other faction's face in.

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:What Raelan said.

We are just a new vague of reinforcements towards the already running war between..... Orcs Trolls Tauren and Goblins against Humans Dwarves Gnomes and some Worgen.

I've never expected to encounter such hostility when trying to make an event that is more directed to the EK races of the Alliance instead of the all group! x)

I'm not being hostile. Since there's an IC reason for the exclusion I don't mind it at all anymore. Am not saying you need to include them. Just talking about an alternate plot hook that can be picked up on for RP, which, again, is a good thing.

Anyway, I'm going to bow out of the thread at this point. Didn't mean for my posts to sound hostile, and sorry if they did.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 pm

But draenei are the best alliance race why would you leave them out Crying or Very sad
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Draenei are the worst race!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 pm

For Gnomecracy!
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Paragus wrote:Draenei are the best Alliance race! and should be the most roleplayed race on the server, Because Vectoria loves the lore and I shouldn't question him, ever. Not even when he's wrong, not even if I i'm hundred percent sure it could jepodise my very safety.

Fixed.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 am

Or you can try one of your man-seducing smiles, Vect.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:06 am

*high-fives Vect*
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dangadil Stormhead Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, it's gonna be my first real
World - Role Play - PVP - encounter (that's a mouth full).
Dangadil Stormhead
Dangadil Stormhead

Character sheet
Name: Dangadil Stormhead
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Mon May 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:
Not-guilded players, or players from other guilds can visit the camps and Roleplay there. Although they won't be able to participate on the World PvP.

Sad panda face.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Gooze wrote:

Anyway, I'd like to add that this campaign won't solely be about the bigger PvP battles. We'll have Camp RP on the Alliance-side and hopefully similarly on the Horde-side as well, but also there are plans to make smaller skirmishes after and before the main battles. Battles of 8-10 individuals on each side, on agreed terms, which contribute to the whole campaign. Navy battles, scouting, ambushes, setting up ambushes, archeology excursions, resource gathering, looting the dead, whatever the average RP-er awaits.

These smaller events can be attended by anyone who's at the camp at the given moment. The only limitation here is hat the main and more decisive battles are fought by the aforementioned guilds. Not to mention what's stopping the Horde guilds to recruit the Cult as their camp guards, given how they distrust the Forsaken for example? Or because they don't wish them to fight on the fronts but lend their support still? The same can be said about any mercenary guild as well.

If there's enough interest and numbers, people can make their own events revolving around this campaign. THey just have to make sure it's been noted and accepted by both sides, have people attend to them and there's no drama, and if there is, it's the problem of the small-time organisers. And as far as I know these events can include Draenei, Elves, so go ahead and show up in and near the camp. Just don't start raging when the bigger battles only include certain races while the potential of this thing can also satisfy you and your friends regarding RP and W-PvP Smile

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Tue May 10, 2011 12:01 am

Situation so far:
All the participating guilds are to show up in Stormwind Harbour next 13th! We will be amassing the troops there, and have random RP loading the ship, preparing the armies, praying for a good trip, sharpening our blades, etc..

Day 14th (saturday) we will set sail at 20.00! During this time you can RP inside the boat. Just imagine you're sailing and not stationed in Stormwind. Razz

We will arrive on Sunday at 18.35! I'll summon everyone into the Barrens on the landing harbour! During Sunday we need to unload all the crap we brought with us and random RP exploring the camp, and explore the surroundings a bit as well...

While wandering outside the camp is advised to keep on PvP gear. If you encounter enemy presence they are free to attack you. (The only sanctuary zones will be inside the camps).
[u]

The first big battle will be Monday at 20.35! In front of Northwatch Hold!

The battle schedule will be:
-Thursday at 20.35
-Saturday at 20.35

then the next week the cycle is repeated:

-Monday at 20.35
-Thursday at 20.35
-Saturday at 20.35

Mind that this will be relatively short battles, so there will be plenty of time to RP outside W PvP don't worry!

If people feel like it, we can add another battle!

Be ready!!
The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 3 Mountain_King_vs_Blademaster_Wallpaper
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Tue May 10, 2011 8:30 am

A little suggestion from the side line, Wouldn't it be cooler, or smarter to chose the 3 ships in Vashj'ir, use them as the transport ships. And just ignore the 3 countering horde ships for the time being on the ships. It would create an whole other atmosphere. (And more space for everyone on board)
Smile
With a warlock or two it'll be easy for the lowbies to come along as there's no requirement for being super high leveled to enter the zone. Very Happy
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 am

Arathoran wrote:A little suggestion from the side line, Wouldn't it be cooler, or smarter to chose the 3 ships in Vashj'ir, use them as the transport ships. And just ignore the 3 countering horde ships for the time being on the ships. It would create an whole other atmosphere. (And more space for everyone on board)
Smile
With a warlock or two it'll be easy for the lowbies to come along as there's no requirement for being super high leveled to enter the zone. Very Happy

I RP there regularly, and agree! \o They're lovely ships, with no harbours, etc, in sight.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue May 10, 2011 9:08 am

Pretty good idea indeed.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 am

Arathoran wrote:A little suggestion from the side line, Wouldn't it be cooler, or smarter to chose the 3 ships in Vashj'ir, use them as the transport ships. And just ignore the 3 countering horde ships for the time being on the ships. It would create an whole other atmosphere. (And more space for everyone on board)
Smile

Thinking on using that Admiral alt character of yours again mate? haha
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Tue May 10, 2011 11:24 am

Oh yeah! It's good idea indeed.
We could also use that guild perk that summons an entire raid.

Guess it's settled then!
On Saturday night, we will enter the ship in SW harbour and then swap to Vash'Jir!
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Narushka Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 pm

MC Murder Crew tags along if we can get enough people gathered from allowed races. Kill, destroy, loot the corpses.
Narushka
Narushka

Character sheet
Name: Narushka
Title: Innkeeper of The Grindhouse Inn

http://perkele.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next