Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so the campaign ends...

+21
Jomir
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gallandria
Kozgugore Feraleye
Saevir
Nessra Sunwhisper
Haen Strongwind
Lavian
Nayan
Shaelyssa
Geldar
Mandui
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sanara
Cathee Norris
Aarian Northlight
Jayse
William Helmsley
Rae Wulfgnar
bloop
Gabriel Delaney
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And so the campaign ends...  Empty And so the campaign ends...

Post by Gabriel Delaney Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 am

Lasting from 23rd of July through 01 of August, the latest Alliance campaign has reached its end. I’ve personally had a blast with the RP and *cough* most of the PvP, and I can safely say I’m not the only one.

And so the campaign ends...  Wowscrnshot071810212836
From the meeting that took place in the Westbrook Garrison, here portraying many of the officers that answered to the call of war.

And so the campaign ends...  Wowscrnshot072310200212
The Blazing Shields being inspected by Brigadier Angelos and Lieutenant Helmsley of the Bloodwind Regiment, in front of Menethil Keep.

And so the campaign ends...  Inspection2

And so the campaign ends...  73567833
The Bloodwind Regiment being presented by Field Commander Netherian Helmsley(the blonde one!).

And so the campaign ends...  Midnightmass
From the midnight mass hosted by the Bishop himself.

And so the campaign ends...  Beforethestorm
The forces of the Alliance gathered before marching North.

And so the campaign ends...  Beforetheclash

And so the campaign ends...  Beforetheclash2

Screenies taken by Mandui and myself, more than this I don't possess so post post post!

I would like to thank everyone that contributed to this campaign, mainly:

The Disciples of Light, Dwarven Rifle Squad, Kingdom of Arathor, Blazing Shields, Lions of Lothar, Second Gurubashi Empire, The Cult of Shadow, Sin Belore, Blackblood Clan, The Sunfury Elite and... Did I leave any guilds out? I might've!

Also the vast number of freelancers that showed up deserves a thanks on the most part.

Now. Some will claim communication was poor, and in one way it was, but I think it's important to know that people roleplay in different ways, and plan things in different ways. A clash of styles happened at times, mostly misunderstandings, and little else more. It's not really something to be smart about, when you're not the one planning things, when maybe you're not meant to know, or maybe your own officer forgot to inform you, or you missed a line in the chat.

I wanted people to rely on IC information for the most part, and clearly there were some complications with that. That has been clearly noted by myself and my officers, and we'll do things a bit different next time.

But overall I deem the event a success, despite a certain incident at our first battle. We salvaged the campaign nicely, and a bunch of patient horde officers sure helped well with that ^^ Looking forward to our future clashes.

As for the end result, the Alliance did not succeed in all of their goals, but one thing is for sure, they drove the horde out of Caer Darrow and Andorhal... For now.

*salute*

Gabriel Delaney

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Delaney
Title: High Commander of the Bloodwind Regiment, SI:7 Veteran

http://bloodwind.net

Back to top Go down

And so the campaign ends...  Empty Re: And so the campaign ends...

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 am

A great event and a welcome initiative! Keep it up and I hope you guys will host more events for everyone to attend!

Back to top Go down

Post by bloop Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 am

Looked and sounded like a lot of fun!
bloop
bloop

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 am

The alliance looked fantastic! Really good work. =)
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:14 am

Was indeed a lot of fun. And as I have said before a massive breath of fresh air to finally get out of Stormwind for a fairly long while. I can safely say that we shall be hosting more large scale events in the near future, so don't you dare put aside the battleaxe just yet. And again, thanks to everyone who showed up and contributed to making the whole thing come alive.
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am

All in all it was indeed grand fun. Seeing so many poeople come together and bring a random corner of the world so alive was wonderful to see.

Also thoroughly enjoyed the chance to RP with the few inglorious of the 1st SCYTHE Regiment in an extended campaign setting. I think we really got a feel for it and it gelled well. So good work!

Loved every minute of it. Big thank's going to all Roleplayers that attended on both Blue and Red teams!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 am

All in all I'd say it was a successful event - always great fun to get away from Stormwind Cathedral Square for a while Smile

Just curious, did anybody post / plan to post any IC reports / journals / write-ups about the event?
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 am

I'm working on an IC intelligence report. Will go up soon.

I also find coincidentally amusing that in the screenies posted any of the SI:7/SCYTHE members captured are always partially obscured XD Quality!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Aarian Northlight wrote:Just curious, did anybody post / plan to post any IC reports / journals / write-ups about the event?

Will write an article about it in the Lion soon enough.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I don't blame people for enjoying W-PvP, but I must say, is this really all that Alliance RP is now? Bunch of people stroking their epeens and making themselves feel important through a no-brain, no-plot, no-character PvP event?

I'm just a bit dissappointed I guess that people treat this as the biggest thing to happen to Alliance RP when really, nothing happened? Is it too much to ask that there be a plot?
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

You obviously have no clue at all then what has been going on. If you don't get involved and don't know what an event is about, you will find it uninteresting about 90%+ of the times. Razz
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

If you were present for all the RP that happened during the course of the campaign. You would be well informed. However, this looks to be the opposite.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Clique-based "personal RP" isn't the same as having a plot, hon. If there'd been a plot, maybe I'd have been there, but since I'm not part of the Stormwind clique I can't say I felt very compelled.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Merandil wrote:Clique-based "personal RP" isn't the same as having a plot, hon.

Err.. Clique? I don't recall anyone being barred from attending, I for one saw more rp in Menethil than i've seen in SW for so long.

An amazing event, i'm only sorry I missed the final days.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Merandil wrote:I don't blame people for enjoying W-PvP, but I must say, is this really all that Alliance RP is now? Bunch of people stroking their epeens and making themselves feel important through a no-brain, no-plot, no-character PvP event?
Yes, the fact that we ICly planned this for an entire month prior to the campaign itself is clearly not enough to prove the opposite. ICly seeking out and discussing with the leaders of all RP-guilds and even lone wolves, ICly preparing tactics, ICly creating field packs for every single person who participated, ICly dividing the forces into divisions with specific tasks, ICly marching from point A to point B and then to point C, while playing out our stay at those locations for several days and ICly following and developing the plot laid by the last campaign, clearly shows that no second was wasted on planning at all. We shall all do our best to top that for you next time Rolling Eyes

Also, I'd barely call 70+ people from the alliance and just as many from the horde a clique.

Last edited by Mandui on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:34 pm

A war plot plain and simple. It's not The Divinci Code..
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Jayse wrote:A war plot plain and simple. It's not The Divinci Code..

Which is exactly my point. You can throw around numbers all you like, ultimately this was just another war event. Mind you, I'm not dissing this event - People had fun, that's the whole point, mission accomplished - but I am dissing the fact that so many people seem to consider a hairbrain excuse to have lots of W-PvP the pinnacle of RP plotting. I'd expect better from a server that has seen so much as Defias has in the past.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Merandil wrote:
Jayse wrote:A war plot plain and simple. It's not The Divinci Code..

Which is exactly my point. You can throw around numbers all you like, ultimately this was just another war event. Mind you, I'm not dissing this event - People had fun, that's the whole point, mission accomplished - but I am dissing the fact that so many people seem to consider a hairbrain excuse to have lots of W-PvP the pinnacle of RP plotting. I'd expect better from a server that has seen so much as Defias has in the past.

Sorry just gonna say. That Defias is most famous on the world stage as the best Rp-Pvp server in Europe. Because we engage SO much in World PvP. So excuse us for wishing to live up to that. Everyone had fun, everyone enjoyed the pvp and the rp. It all went down brilliantly. To quote myself, 'There is always someone unhappy' We sit around Stormwind, people moan. We go out and make world-pvp, people moan.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Less whine, more contribution to the RP-PvP scene. Great event eitherway.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Merandil wrote:..but I am dissing the fact that so many people seem to consider a hairbrain excuse to have lots of W-PvP the pinnacle of RP plotting. I'd expect better from a server that has seen so much as Defias has in the past.
The only one who considers it so is yourself apparently, since no one claimed this :/

But yeah, like Ana said, whiners will whine, no matter what.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:50 pm

It's at times like these where I wish I wasn't purple and had pointy ears ^^. The event looked like loads of fun from the pictures so well done to everyone involved!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Mandui wrote:The only one who considers it so is yourself apparently, since no one claimed this :/

I think it's implied by the fact that there hasn't actually been any major non-PvP events for years beyond the form of "one-night party tiemz". Even my own main event last year - the Festival of Light - didn't have much of a plot, it was just an excuse to party and, for me, bring some life to the Draenei scene. Its the main reason I'm so keen on Elloa's Flashback events, since its actually doing something that hasn't been done, and isn't focused around something so ultimately fleeting and, frankly, hollow.

Allow me a brief Old Biz detour, reminding everyone how much I adored the Dark Sphere takeover of Stormwind a few years back. That's the kind of thing people end up remembering - now tell me, do you remember every single W-PvP battle that took place during that year? Or even more than a handful? Any? Of course not, they were all ultimately far less consequential, being more explicitly about the moment, the thrill of the fight, the scale of the operations - much like this event.

I'm not opposed to W-PvP events in the slightest, I just think it'd be nice to have something truly memorable and unique once in a while.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Merandil wrote:
Mandui wrote:The only one who considers it so is yourself apparently, since no one claimed this :/

I think it's implied by the fact that there hasn't actually been any major non-PvP events for years beyond the form of "one-night party tiemz". Even my own main event last year - the Festival of Light - didn't have much of a plot, it was just an excuse to party and, for me, bring some life to the Draenei scene. Its the main reason I'm so keen on Elloa's Flashback events, since its actually doing something that hasn't been done, and isn't focused around something so ultimately fleeting and, frankly, hollow.

Allow me a brief Old Biz detour, reminding everyone how much I adored the Dark Sphere takeover of Stormwind a few years back. That's the kind of thing people end up remembering - now tell me, do you remember every single W-PvP battle that took place during that year? Or even more than a handful? Any? Of course not, they were all ultimately far less consequential, being more explicitly about the moment, the thrill of the fight, the scale of the operations - much like this event.

I'm not opposed to W-PvP events in the slightest, I just think it'd be nice to have something truly memorable and unique once in a while.

So, if I may simplifying. Unless we are psycic and know our events are going to be so spectacular we shouldn't bother our asses?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 pm

I'd recommend you express your worries regarding the server's status in a thread devoted to that topic, instead of derailing this one. It's not hard. Smile

Back on topic now, and play nice.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 pm

First of all. It was Hand of Nightmares that took over Stormwind. The Sphere just got in on the fun for being evil cultists also.

Secondly, I remember quite a lot of WPvP events, simply cause they are all so unique in their ways, special and lots of fun in RP. And I think a vast majority of the server would agree on that. "New" things are fair enough and fun. But also, considering you speaking about cliques, the Flashback event if anything is a clique event, only for draenei or orcs. Where as this campaign was for everyone on the server that wished to join.

As for this event, very nice (again, I know I've said it before). A real treat with a nice back-story and plot to it. A lot of thanks to the people hosting this, hope you guys do this again soon!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next