Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

+47
Osmand
Kormag
Tarvik
Rasonal Dranger
Torukan
Peacemoon
Jayse
Demurral
Geldar
Cathee Norris
Lavian
Irys
Jeanpierre
Valdar/Melan
Narushka
Eloresh
Eodan
Arathoran
Mikasa
Dangadil Stormhead
Gesh
Yarnaat
itsy
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Raelan
Timna
The Misty Beast
Khendran
Astraea
Mandui
Morgeth
Melnerag
Morinth
Ixirar
Zhakiri
Frostfeather
Geneviève
Valerias
corleth
Rmuffn
Sanara
Drustai
Killian
Partridge
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Whiston Farley
51 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 8 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 1:57 am

Quite disappointed so many were opposed to RPing the Dragon appearing. Really put me off RPing the rest of the night. I repeat what I said in-game.

"This is the one part I hate about RP, no one takes anything random happening as IC and just whine : /"

Back to top Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 8 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat May 21, 2011 2:06 am

That "random" happening is the flight occuring ingame that has happened months ago. You don't rp that LK is still around either do you? It's bypassed lore and totally far fetched to go for it IC right now.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:08 am

How is it the flight he did in the cata cinematic? Where does it say this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat May 21, 2011 2:09 am

The flight that happens ingame is what he did in the shattering, it's where he flies and wrecks all the places that have been ruined, he doesn't -keep^- doing it <.<
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat May 21, 2011 2:09 am

Would be the same as RPing Illidan alive still, just because he's in game. Deathwing is alive, yes, but he's far away now doing other stuffs like raising firelords and such alike. The Shattering happened once, not every night (which if we took him ICly in game would indeed be every night in Arathi since he seems to enjoy CCing us Sad )
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:11 am

Says this is the what he did in the shattering where exactly? Blizz post plz. Oh and do tell why Blizz would decide to have him cause the cataclysm in game randomly over and over again in the lands which have already been changed by the Shattering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat May 21, 2011 2:19 am

Paragus wrote:Says this is the what he did in the shattering where exactly? Blizz post plz. Oh and do tell why Blizz would decide to have him cause the cataclysm in game randomly over and over again in the lands which have already been changed by the Shattering?

Few points to stick out logic.

- Deathwing got weakened in a battle with Alexstrasza. He was wounded.
- There is an achievement, here's your reason to have the constant attacks.
- If these were to be taken ICly, the Wetlands would be barren, as the famine victims would all be burnt and noone moves there, Stromgarde would lose about 150 troops a day, Menethil would be a cloud of steam, etc...
- Deathwing is smart, he won't waste his time flying over the same targets to burn 'em down constantly, no point to burn down what has already been demolished.
- He's busy raising his army.

It's not about being scared and pulling back from random things, it's just that those kind of things go over the top.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat May 21, 2011 2:21 am

Deathwing flies really, really fast as shown in the cinematic alone. Illidan, Lich King don't have the mobility that Neltharion has. And the shattering is the result of him exploding into Azeroth, not after coming out. His flying about and torching shit is just that... Torching. The shattering is as stated was only his "entrance" into the plane of Azeroth.

Deathwing more or less torched the entry area of the camp and is all fine and dandy really. People are too scared at something completely random interfearing and I don't think he'd just stand around making sure he destroyed everything. Stormwind is a great example backed up by NPC text that "We were powerless to stop him, he flew in, torched the park and just flew off again." . Which may have something to do with his insanity which is thanks to the old gods inside his head and only increasing his power ten fold.

As we've seen he also has to travel to places for story developments, mount hyjal, badlands(the quest with the red dragon), twighlight highlands and some other area's he has made appearances in quests. He's one fast beast.

Plus blizz already stated Deathwing will fly about "until his ruinous reign is brought to an end." There's nothing to suggest he isn't still going around otherwise.

Late night rambling of typing a two minute post.

Edit

- Deathwing got weakened in a battle with Alexstrasza. He was wounded.

He did, but nowhere near to Alex's level. He's after all empowered by the old gods also. Even if he was injured like he was, it certainly wont hold him down long.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 am

The problem with what happens ingame with npc's everywhere is that they are STATIC, they do the same over and over again.
If you go to Northrend and the zones there, do you take what happens there IC too? No not anymore and the same goes in this case, the questlines and everything going on ever since Cataclysm is static while we wait for next patches to make small changes.
He will never stop flying, and that doesn't mean he'll actually be there IC for us today.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:26 am

@Yolun

-I seem to remember them fleeing and Deathwing being okay in that fight. Any wounds seem to be ambigous, seems like speculation and I haven't read anything on deathwing being recovering.
-The achievement was put in because of that event, not the other way around.
-Depends how you view it, I would say you wouldn't have to take every appearance as a decimation of the land, killing all things. Do you take every death as your character's actual death?
-Again, speculation on what he would or wouldn't be doing. Most of the lands don't seem that demolished to me, damage is done but there by no means destroyed.

Seen plenty more over the top things even recently.

Last edited by Paragus on Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 am

Deathwing is smart, he won't waste his time flying over the same targets to burn 'em down constantly, no point to burn down what has already been demolished.

Quoting this part before I shoot off. Once again, look to the NPC texts and what he did to Stormwind, smart is a loose term for an insane mind. We also have to keep in mind the actual world of Azeroth is a huge scale than what the game world is and even for a mighty aspect such as him won't be able to cover it all in one fly-by. Anyways nn.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat May 21, 2011 2:30 am

Well half the Arathorian's seem to be RPing that it occured, the Seal are certainly RPing that it occured, and since the Lady's crew helped treat the casualties I'd assume they are aswell.

I can't see the logic in going against the majority and ignoring it because some would assert, with some inconclusive proof, that Deathwing is sat in a cave waiting for his enemies to kill him rather than actively attacking them.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 am

As I see it, Deathwing is where his last questline ends. Just like LK was in his time, and just like Illidan was in his time. (I might be wrong here) Last time I saw him was during the fight with Alex, after that it doesn't really mention where he goes, but RPing that he attacks every day constantly.. Nah, it doesn't float my boat at least.

Oh and about the half Arathorians RPing it is kinda untrue. Most of us are against it because we don't believe he attack every day. Para RP it being a non Arathorian and infiltrator, and Eodan Rp's it because he feels forced to do so. The rest of us frown on it since we see DW attack us every night in Arathi. We've gotten over it and would like to move on now (once more, tipsy so yeah hurrdihurrdurr).
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 2:50 am

Just to clear it up, I didn't actually RP anything out of it cos of people opposing it /nod. Never said every day but hey, thought it could be interesting to RP out, wasn't alone either but opportunity been missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat May 21, 2011 3:07 am

Just lost a big post to the effect that Paragus, Eodan, the female paladin on gate with him, and the Arathorian I saw the Lady Proudmoore treating for burns divided by the number of Arethorians present (10) gives roughly a half. And that's only counting those I saw advocating we react IC, or specifically reacting IC. I have no way of knowing what the other six think, said, or did.

Nilda and Saihna appear to contradict each other. In one instance you claim he's not static, in another you believe that he's at the end of the quest line. However you then go on to state that we don't know where he went after that, which blows your entire argument out of the water. We have no way of knowing where he is, but isn't it far more likely that rather than sitting waiting to be defeated, he made a one off strike against rallying Alliance military Formations?

I can understand not RPing every single fly past as IC, especially if you are being ganked every night. But to discard every fly past as OOC when it generated RP is a little...sour.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat May 21, 2011 3:12 am

Well we'd contradict each others because we're different people. I state my own opinion really, and how the majority of the guild reacts (I guess it was three people then, considering the Arathorian treated by Lady Proudmore -was- Nilda, being treated for a duel, and not DW).

But yeah, no, I don't RP it because I see it as if it's in the past. Just like I do not RP the OOC griefing by Evólution, or just like I don't take the LK ICly when I level a new character in Northrend.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 am

I was using Nilda and your disagreement to highlight the fact that not only is your assertion contested but the very evidence you base that assertion on is in question as well.

I don't respond to the Lich King because that is explicitly in the past. This event however could very possibly be current rather than outdated which is why the two are not comparable.

And if we're going to quibble fractions, well...I don't know what to say.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 am

Geneviève wrote:I was using Nilda and your disagreement to highlight the fact that not only is your assertion contested but the very evidence you base that assertion on is in question as well.

At this point I'm too drunk to get that sentance. But Nilda did NOT RP Deathwing burning her. She RPed a duel with Kylian which opened her stitches of previous battles. I think she can confirm that herself.

*rubs eye*

I have pringles in my eyes atm so I'm yeah.. dropping the discussion.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sat May 21, 2011 4:50 am

This "Deathwing" was just a goblin replica, fueled by pedaling orcs sitting inside, and with one well aimed flamethrower.

At any rate, Deathwing flew by once when we hade a multi guild meeting. I remember us RP'ing on it because everyone legged it into some hut and sat there pondering the meaning of life. I'm not saying that anyone should go "AH, LO - THAR SHE BLOWS. YE OLDE DEATHWING" because.. who knows what he looks like? Odds are it's just some crazed black dragonflight underling mucking about torching places.

Personally, I like a bit of a forest fire. I won't force anyone to RP that the dragon flew by and set the place ablaze, but it's a bit sad if it'd get frowned upon that he did!
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat May 21, 2011 4:54 am

What anybody does is up to them. But it will make tomorrow bloody awkward if everyone's going around RPing a different continuity. Razz
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sat May 21, 2011 4:57 am

I'd say, just say it was "RANDOM MEMBER FROM BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT" because most people shouldn't be able to identify Deathwing anyway. Some random scrub dragon toched parts of the camp, some people got hurt, and some people didn't. Solves most problems, I think!

And honouring your wounds, you should all fight naked tonight. Yep.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Irys Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 am

I wasn't online when it happened, but from what I've gathered in this topic ...
Morgeth wrote:I'd say, just say it was "RANDOM MEMBER FROM BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT" because most people shouldn't be able to identify Deathwing anyway. Some random scrub dragon toched parts of the camp, some people got hurt, and some people didn't. Solves most problems, I think!
... sounds like an excellent solution. Irys sure as heck has no idea who or what this Deathwing is. She heard rumors about a dragon trashing a part of Stormwind, and perhaps being the cause of some of nature's violent behavior in Gilneas (flooding).. but that's it.

Treating these burn victims would certainly add some nice RP. And since we will be moving to a new location (today, I think?), this could be an extra reason to do so. After all, I would assume half our tents and other supplies went up in flames.
Irys
Irys

Character sheet
Name: Lady Irys Grimrock
Title: Lieutenant of Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat May 21, 2011 9:43 am

Can we just end this Deathwing debate or place it in another topic? It doesn't belong in the Barrens campaign topic.

If you want to discuss it, I suggest making a Game Related topic with a title of "What do we take as IC?" or something along those lines.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 21, 2011 10:50 am

Oh damn...I so regret going to bed early xD

I like the idea of Deathwing flying around and terrorizing random world zones. He's very much still alive and kicking until someone actually kills him. And hey, it obviously does have a lot to do with the campaign, since 1. it generates more RP besides the usual camp one, which is bound to become repetitive at some point, 2. it's a nice chance for those still ICly ignorant towards his existence to find out a bit more about him, as they sooner or later will and 3. having to plan future events/campaigns with him in mind would definitely spice things up.

Ignoring all that would be a shame and it wouldn't make much IC sense. After all he's the greatest threat the world is facing for the time being. Just my 2c Smile
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat May 21, 2011 11:17 am

Morgeth wrote:I'd say, just say it was "RANDOM MEMBER FROM BLACK DRAGONFLIGHT" because most people shouldn't be able to identify Deathwing anyway. Some random scrub dragon toched parts of the camp, some people got hurt, and some people didn't. Solves most problems, I think!

And honouring your wounds, you should all fight naked tonight. Yep.

Thats fine, but for the alliance most of those who were in Stormwind that night ICly witnessed big bad wolf drop in and the talks that (NPC text) that talked of him specifically after. I'm fine with others thinking otherwise tho, dont think the horde really got a city personally razed!. Plus Deathwing has a distinctive look that would have been passed around in rumour.

Also @ Julia, no one specifically said he had to be flying all the time, no one implied such, but it doesn't mean he cant go flying at times. Rolling Eyes

Anyways i'll stop at that. Last post on the matter.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next