Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

+47
Osmand
Kormag
Tarvik
Rasonal Dranger
Torukan
Peacemoon
Jayse
Demurral
Geldar
Cathee Norris
Lavian
Irys
Jeanpierre
Valdar/Melan
Narushka
Eloresh
Eodan
Arathoran
Mikasa
Dangadil Stormhead
Gesh
Yarnaat
itsy
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Raelan
Timna
The Misty Beast
Khendran
Astraea
Mandui
Morgeth
Melnerag
Morinth
Ixirar
Zhakiri
Frostfeather
Geneviève
Valerias
corleth
Rmuffn
Sanara
Drustai
Killian
Partridge
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Whiston Farley
51 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Morinth Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Eira wrote:I log in tonight and first thing I see is "Corpse of Morinth" Tut tut.

I lol'd. They all eventually learned to take me down. Razz I've never been stunned so much in my life.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Mandui Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Morinth wrote:I've never been stunned so much in my life.
Welcome to my world Razz

The event looks like lots of fun so far. We tried to intercept the OOC hordies and got one or two down. Keep the event going! ^^
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Dear Shadow of Nine and friends.

Thank you for the free Honor points.
You suck.

Best regards
The RP community
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 pm

P.S. Celltrex, you bring shame to the definition of 'gankers'.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon May 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Well, OOC or not.. I had a great time with the RP too and made some nice footage from the battle. \o/
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Is Celltrex still mad over that time I killed him twice in an rp event about 2 years ago?

amazing
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Celltrex be majorly mad. Didn't even have the presence of mind to pretend he found it epic lulz when I logged over to troll him earlier. I think we've broken his spirit. Either us or it was the Muslamic Ray Guns that did it.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 17, 2011 12:35 am

Think my reply is offensive enough?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 am

check out my reply on manoch Very Happy
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 am

About today's battle, I found it rather enjoyable and I believe that allowing the corpse run avoids lots of drama and allows us to make more intense and longer battles. Thumbs up for that.

Thumbs down maybe for the fact that people needed too much time to recuperate from the battles, having 15 minutes of starting at each other that breaks a bit the feeling of the heat of battle. I'll be looking forward to eliminate this aspect, and try to create a more fluid battle sequence on the next big fight.

Any other opinions?
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 am

Yeah the corpse running made each fight seem longer and was really fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 am

Some Hordies were getting a bit miffed with that Razz Our gy was ages away. XD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 am

Morinth wrote:Some Hordies were getting a bit miffed with that Razz Our gy was ages away. XD

I believe the next graveyard will be nearer.

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 am

Killing hordies with Sulfuron HURAH!

Must enjoyable RP-PvP Event I've long to be a part of!

And cheers to Eloresh's Western Flank. We're not going down! Very Happy
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 am

Looked good from what I saw in the spyglass after the initial Kamikazi bike charge thanks to a certain Roque Dc'ing mid movement.. XD

I hung back on a hill watching the carnage with the SIA Director, like pair of Bawses.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue May 17, 2011 8:57 am

Glilya wrote:Is Celltrex still mad over that time I killed him twice in an rp event about 2 years ago?

amazing
Yes xD You started it all! You MONSTER!

Also, I lol'ed at how much in denial he is about Faylim being his buddy. Wtb moar.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacemoon Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey folks, enjoyed the battles last night, was good fun. I think there needs to be a bit more structure to how they are run and with more control, but overall I enjoyed it a lot. :-)

Now just to tackle some IC goals, want to clarify why the Tauren are fighting from an IC perspective and hopefully will see why our guild will fight so vigourously!

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:-Rite of the Earth Mother: Kill, burn, destroy, tell they are sorry.

The Tauren have pretty clear goals in this conflict. Camp Taurajo has been razed by the Alliance forces and lots of our kin murdered, this angers our people greatly. Not only this but the Barrens are the ancestral lands of the Tauren, where the ancestors would run on the plains and hunt for over a millennium. The Alliance here seem to disrespect all of that, and disturb the lands which we find so sacred. Tauren tradition dictates that the land should be disturbed as little as possible, in order to preserve what the Earth Mother has given us. Finally the Great Gate, that which holds back the enemy from our new homeland Mulgore, is on the doorstep of this battle. Should the Barrens be lost, the whole of Mulgore and by effect, the whole of the Tauren people will be in grave danger.

It is akin to the conflict of the Night Elves and the Horde in Ashenvale really, but I digress. :-) This is the opinion and state of mind of the Tauren ICly in case any were curious.

As for the battles themselves I enjoyed it for the most part but believe a bit more structure would be useful. Forgive me if I sound like I'm jumping in on the 10th page with lots of ideas, you can feel free to take them or leave them but I think they might improve it for everyone. At heart I'm not too concerned about the winning or losing, but just the joy of having large epic scale battles. Last night it was the second battle that lasted a longtime that was the most enjoyable to everyone involved I would assume, so we should endeavour to replicate this. Heres some ideas I have:

1: Numbers. Lets be honest its impossible to make sure we have exact numbers on either side, but we should make sure they we have approximately a similar number. Also we need to distinguish between combatants who will have a major impact (lvl 80-85) and non-combatants who will have little influence (lvl 1-79). My idea would be split the force into 2 raid groups, 1 for combatants and 1 for non-combatants. Having all the people who are fighting in one raid group will give a much clearer indication of numbers. Last night we had roughly 37 people combining both groups, but hopefully we can get more next time. Through using this technique, we can say for example that both the Alliance and Horde combatant raid needs approximately 7 to 8 groups, and that should be a close enough numbers for an interesting fight without one side being too dominant. Non-combatants can then, rightly so in my opinion, be excluded from the numbers as they are largely inconsequential to the tide of battle.

2: Leader and Discipline: We need 1 loud and authoritarian person in overall charge of the combatant raid. People in an OOCly manner MUST follow the orders of that person or it will erupt into chaos. /raid warning to keep the warriors in check should be used. Last night on the 4th battle I think the Horde was designated as the side allowed to begin by charging but due to small misdemeanors in the middle ground, fighting erupted and the Horde lost the ability to do a charge, which would have been fun for our guys. This was due to failures on both sides, don't get me wrong as I'm not pointing the finger, but highlighting the case for better control. So as for discipline, or "Why you must follow commander's orders", I would suggest that people who do not follow the orders of the commander should be forced to join the non-combatant raid as a punishment, this should help keep people in check and will still allow them to participate - however if your healers are like me, they are unlikely to benefit from any healing if they aren't on the raid interface. :P

3: Location and Distance: Last night I think the armies of the Horde and Alliance were far too close to each other, we were almost in spitting distance and this meant when one side charged, they straight away ganked all the healers and casters and that led to a quick conclusion. Also there was some question mark over whether the graveyards for both sides were equal distance - something thats very important in my opinion if we are to allow corpse running. Leaders and organisers should suicide from flying mounts on the proposed battlefield to test graveyard distance, I can volunteer for that if you wish. :D However for distance, I think needs to be lengthened to about 80 yards, as this will give a suitable area for some "midfield fighting".

4: Charging: It seems a bit scripted to take it in turns charging, and I must be honest last night on the first battle the horde were mounted up when you charged and I think it caught us by surprise as we were waiting for some kind of signal. This didn't help that we were basically touching each other before it began. I think what we should do is first of all, have the leaders on both sides give multiple raid warnings warning combatants that we will soon start so everyone should be ready and expecting to charge. Then get a designated hunter from either side to walk *alone* 20 yrds ahead of their army. They then should both fire flares into the middle ground, once both flares have touched the floor that is the signal that both sides should charge into each other. Another crucial stipulation should be that all the melee should fight in the midfield until one side begins getting pushed back - no running past all the warriors to get the healers until the tide naturally turns into one sides favour.

5: And the winner is.. : I think the problem with these events is the losers can sometimes get disgruntled and bitter, especially in PvP. I don't like to hear people getting annoyed as this is meant to be for fun and not for winning or losing. I think to solve this it should be agreed that the battle will be best of 3, or best of 5, so people know what to expect. Also it prevents the event running on and on until one side gets angry - there is a fixed limit. Finally I'd agree with Gilroy about speeding up the time it takes to get another battling going. In order to do that though you might want to look into being much clearer as to when one side has won and allow for safe rezzing (on orders of the winning commander). I can't really blame people for killing me after I've just rezzed when no one is clear whether fighting has stopped or not. Also - rezz timers need to be given good time to reset, and if people are ganking rezzers at the end of a fight this just takes longer.

These are just a few ideas I had last night in bed after reflecting on the fun battles we had. I really enjoyed the battle and personally think these suggestions would improve it, but after all its your guys event so I'll just put all of this out there for you to chew on and decide upon. Either way I'll see you all Thursday for another round!

P.S Tell your druids to becareful using Tree Form, it can be painful :-D
Peacemoon
Peacemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

I've enjoyed the event so far, RP and PVP wise; last night's battle was a bit...messy, and people got impatient or frustrated. However we're working on making it more fast paced and equal for both the Horde and the Alliance.

Saying that I think it's a bit..."low" for people to be angry about being the losers; out of all the skirmishes that we did, I reckon the most epic was when THE HORDE won. That battle lasted like 15 minutes!

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

I really really really don't care who actually wins, the fun part of it isn't wiping up the last few horde, it's when you both first charge and it's chaos. And besides, who cares who wins, it's all IC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm

I am proud (might be a stupid word to use, but I'm old enough for it) and happy to see that even though the alliance grossly outnumbered us, they made people stay behind in the keep, and from what I understand, the people who stayed behind did not whine about it either.

It shows respect, and an overall positive attitude towards what we're doing with our RP-PvP. Big thanks for that.

Nothing is ever flawless, but I just wanted to point the above out.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Jayse wrote:Looked good from what I saw in the spyglass after the initial Kamikazi bike charge thanks to a certain Roque Dc'ing mid movement.. XD

I hung back on a hill watching the carnage with the SIA Director, like pair of Bawses.

Haha, the Cult did the same on the other hill Very Happy
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:
Jayse wrote:Looked good from what I saw in the spyglass after the initial Kamikazi bike charge thanks to a certain Roque Dc'ing mid movement.. XD

Haha, the Cult did the same on the other hill Very Happy

And we saw you! \o/ *cuddles her elixir of stealth detection*
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue May 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Haha, the Cult did the same on the other hill

Then you died.
Again.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Timna wrote:
Haha, the Cult did the same on the other hill

Then you died.
Again.

*stares coldly*

When you Roleplay with your RP gear.
Better. When you ERP with your ERP gear...
We will find you.
And we will revenge for our lightslayers.
*runs crying*
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next