Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

+47
Osmand
Kormag
Tarvik
Rasonal Dranger
Torukan
Peacemoon
Jayse
Demurral
Geldar
Cathee Norris
Lavian
Irys
Jeanpierre
Valdar/Melan
Narushka
Eloresh
Eodan
Arathoran
Mikasa
Dangadil Stormhead
Gesh
Yarnaat
itsy
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Raelan
Timna
The Misty Beast
Khendran
Astraea
Mandui
Morgeth
Melnerag
Morinth
Ixirar
Zhakiri
Frostfeather
Geneviève
Valerias
corleth
Rmuffn
Sanara
Drustai
Killian
Partridge
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Whiston Farley
51 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Zhakiri Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 am

Just to echo Fugnir's opinion here.
As Faralan has stated, KoS is going through some changes. One of these is mass recruitment of a wider range of Races. -Except- NE and Draenei. They are too alien, so I don't think there is any dispute here regarding that particular mindset.

Secondly, really looking forward to this event!!!! Very Happy
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05]

Post by Ixirar Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:34 am

NG, Winterblades and Ere Argus are busy being raped by cultists as it is, so I don't see why you're all jumping on wanting to join this event.

Didn't have much interest in it, as I generally find the DRS/TTH rulesets for WPVP events to be somewhat dull, but it's obvious that a lot of effort was put into this campaign, so if Girloy wants to do an "I wish we were still playing WC3" event, let him imo.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 am

I actually see this ruleset somewhat different.
It's usually "No Corpse running" etc. But not it's allowed, which means there's going to be less drama and whining than usual from many parts.
Hence an alot more enjoyable roleplaying time, or playing overall. \o/
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:42 am

D'aww, this looks awesome. x)

Too bad I'm a belf Sad I mostly RP in the Barrens, but I'll try and keep my crew out of yer way. They tend to kill on sight. XD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:04 am

Ixirar wrote:NG, Winterblades and Ere Argus are busy being raped by cultists as it is, so I don't see why you're all jumping on wanting to join this event.

We are?

I have no idea, considering I'm not getting the game reinstalled until this weekend. <.< Someone fill me in!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:18 am

'Story of Kalimdor' in this forum Drustai! And welcome back! Now you can continue your dark attempts at corrupting Exaythe with your mere presence.

I do not mind an event being made which is 'closed' (that is, meant for a select group of people), but I still believe you need an IC justification for why Draenei and Elves are not welcome. Since we will be having our RP in Ashenvale, we are rather close to barrens!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 am

Considering the amount of guilds invited on both sides, there'll definitely be grossly uneven numbers. Add to that a ruleset that invites to corpse-running and I do detect the scent of drama coming in some way. At any rate, this might be interesting. Obviously a lot of work has been put into it.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 am

Faralan Thorgint wrote:I actually see this ruleset somewhat different.
It's usually "No Corpse running" etc. But not it's allowed, which means there's going to be less drama and whining than usual from many parts.
Hence an alot more enjoyable roleplaying time, or playing overall. \o/
The past has proven one thing, repeatedly occurring after several similar events throughout the past years:
the more complex/elaborate the concept behind a W-PvP campaign is, the bigger the clusterfuck that may evolve out of it will be (that's actually a natural consequence since the expectations rise by a lot).
Hopefully it won't be the case with this one though Razz

Good luck with it!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am

I've got lost in this already because of the argument of races.

So are members who aren't human, dwarf or gnome in the guilds able to come or not?

Because well us Blades don't discriminate and it'd be good to know before hand.
Astraea
Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 am

Astraea wrote:I've got lost in this already because of the argument of races.

So are members who aren't human, dwarf or gnome in the guilds able to come or not?

Because well us Blades don't discriminate and it'd be good to know before hand.

I believe you're able to, yes.

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:As you may have noticed, I also invited other multi-racial guilds like DoL and Lady Proudmoore, which will have their members participating on the events if they wish.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am

Thank you Smile

*shows some love*
Astraea
Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:46 am

This. Sounds. Epic.
That's the only words I've to describe the impression I got.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Nygarth/Orthur wrote:Just to echo Fugnir's opinion here.
As Faralan has stated, KoS is going through some changes. One of these is mass recruitment of a wider range of Races. -Except- NE and Draenei. They are too alien, so I don't think there is any dispute here regarding that particular mindset.

Anaei might want to update her recruitment macro in that case. Wink
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Morgeth wrote:Considering the amount of guilds invited on both sides, there'll definitely be grossly uneven numbers. Add to that a ruleset that invites to corpse-running and I do detect the scent of drama coming in some way. At any rate, this might be interesting. Obviously a lot of work has been put into it.

I had to invite much more Alliance guilds because of the lack of interest on the actual PvP battles / lacking level 85s, on the majority of the guilds.
Some guilds don't have more than 2-3 level 85s on roster. I'll try to make this as even as possible.

Mandui wrote:
The past has proven one thing, repeatedly occurring after several similar events throughout the past years:
the more complex/elaborate the concept behind a W-PvP campaign is, the bigger the clusterfuck that may evolve out of it will be (that's actually a natural consequence since the expectations rise by a lot).
Hopefully it won't be the case with this one though Razz

Good luck with it!

I know what you mean, but as it is kinda complex, it also expect to have the W PvP contained and not chaotic as usual. The fact that it the battles are so random, is what usually generates drama ("I was on my RP gear", "I wasn't buffed", "I had walk on", "You can't just enter the stronghold just like that...")

Yes, this is a turn off for many people, but I find that this may make the event more enjoyable, and less dramatic, for both sides.

Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Merandil's raging and short-sighted comments
The Barrens Campaign [Updated 29/05] - Page 2 CartmanRetarded

Anyway, I'd like to add that this campaign won't solely be about the bigger PvP battles. We'll have Camp RP on the Alliance-side and hopefully similarly on the Horde-side as well, but also there are plans to make smaller skirmishes after and before the main battles. Battles of 8-10 individuals on each side, on agreed terms, which contribute to the whole campaign. Navy battles, scouting, ambushes, setting up ambushes, archeology excursions, resource gathering, looting the dead, whatever the average RP-er awaits.

These smaller events can be attended by anyone who's at the camp at the given moment. The only limitation here is hat the main and more decisive battles are fought by the aforementioned guilds. Not to mention what's stopping the Horde guilds to recruit the Cult as their camp guards, given how they distrust the Forsaken for example? Or because they don't wish them to fight on the fronts but lend their support still? The same can be said about any mercenary guild as well.

If there's enough interest and numbers, people can make their own events revolving around this campaign. THey just have to make sure it's been noted and accepted by both sides, have people attend to them and there's no drama, and if there is, it's the problem of the small-time organisers. And as far as I know these events can include Draenei, Elves, so go ahead and show up in and near the camp. Just don't start raging when the bigger battles only include certain races while the potential of this thing can also satisfy you and your friends regarding RP and W-PvP Smile

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Geneviève wrote:
Nygarth/Orthur wrote:Just to echo Fugnir's opinion here.

Anaei might want to update her recruitment macro in that case. Wink

She will! *shakes fist*
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 pm

I like Gooze's idea, simply because I like smaller skirmishes. Makes it easier to keep track of people, and naturally you get less of the most common clusterfuck drama. Especially when the bigger numbers are that uneven.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

First thought that came into my head:

DO want.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Drustai wrote:

They have, in small amounts. But also, WPL was an EK area. It makes sense that there'd be limited Kalimdor-race assistance there. But Barrens is Kalimdor. If anything, it should be the Kalimdor races leading the charge with the EK races supporting.

Sorry, but the entire Southern Barrens warzone is led by Humans-Dwarves. I fail to see why Elves or Draenei should suddenly take charge here.

Exaythe wrote:
I do not mind an event being made which is 'closed' (that is, meant for a select group of people), but I still believe you need an IC justification for why Draenei and Elves are not welcome. Since we will be having our RP in Ashenvale, we are rather close to barrens!

To get to the Southern Barrens well.... you're pretty much cut off really, I'm sure you can figure that out on your own.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Dammit, why do I -still- forget that barrens is split?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Because it's been split for less than half a year. Also, while western Kalimdor is night elf draenei centered. The barrens is, as stated, governed by Humans and Dwarves primarily. Same as more eastern Kalimdor zones. In most places the Horde is also sitting between the two.
Also, since the mission is to relive a dwarf fortress, maybe try to rebuild it. It is very "EK in Kalimdor" centered.

Otherwise, I'd say this looks nice aside from the "No mounts in combat" rule. Since Chav. charges are amazingly fun in wPvP, both on the reciving and the giving end. Gives a fully different edge.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Exaythe wrote:Dammit, why do I -still- forget that barrens is split?

Flying mounts, yo.

Muzjhath wrote:Because it's been split for less than half a year. Also, while western Kalimdor is night elf draenei centered. The barrens is, as stated, governed by Humans and Dwarves primarily. Same as more eastern Kalimdor zones.

Sadly. Sad

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Muzjhath wrote:Because it's been split for less than half a year. Also, while western Kalimdor is night elf draenei centered. The barrens is, as stated, governed by Humans and Dwarves primarily. Same as more eastern Kalimdor zones. In most places the Horde is also sitting between the two.
Also, since the mission is to relive a dwarf fortress, maybe try to rebuild it. It is very "EK in Kalimdor" centered.

This is that kind of thing in which you can't please everyone.
If I suggested the Draenei and NElves to participate, there would certainly be some fellows going:
"Omfg Girloy wtf, lore raep lol, Southern Barrens has no Draenei or Night Elven presence, u suck. You only do this to please your friends on the Dranei and Nelf guilds!"

So yeah, pretty much there is no way to make everyone on the realm to agree with something. BUT!, I can always provide a wide collection of cute pictures of puppies and babies to make you feel a bit better about stuff you dislike. Actually, I think that will be the first thing to post next time I make an event..

Muzjhath wrote:
Otherwise, I'd say this looks nice aside from the "No mounts in combat" rule. Since Chav. charges are amazingly fun in wPvP, both on the reciving and the giving end. Gives a fully different edge.

No flying mounts in combat.

If both sides agree, we can have a mounted charge of course! (Think I've stated that)
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 pm

First of all, impressive planning Girloy. It certainly looks like it could be great fun to me. I truly hope it turns out well once you set the plans in motion.

I do however agree with the sentiment that not inviting the Kalimdor races might be a poor move. For two reasons, one is tactical since the Night Elves are the alliance's primary guerilla warfare experts and the fact that they just happen to cover two out of three avenues of retreat (through Stonetalon and through the thousand needles). Without their aid the alliance forces would be in deep trouble if cut off from the coast.
The other is that they certainly have more of an IC interest than most northern guilds have to attend.

I must say I found your dwarf's IC reasoning amusing though, talk about living in the past Smile. Especially since Dalaran is now neutral, Quel'Thalas part of the Horde and Gilneas and Stromgarde withdrew from the alliance first chance they got after the second war. Wink

Oh... and if you're looking for a Lordaeron guild... there's The Shining Strand.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Gahalla wrote:First of all, impressive planning Girloy. It certainly looks like it could be great fun to me. I truly hope it turns out well once you set the plans in motion.

I do however agree with the sentiment that not inviting the Kalimdor races might be a poor move. For two reasons, one is tactical since the Night Elves are the alliance's primary guerilla warfare experts and the fact that they just happen to cover two out of three avenues of retreat (through Stonetalon and through the thousand needles). Without their aid the alliance forces would be in deep trouble if cut off from the coast.
The other is that they certainly have more of an IC interest than most northern guilds have to attend.
From my perspective, the Night Elves stance towards Alliance is somewhat of "CBA with your problems while I have our forests being attacked by Orcs."
Always see the NElves as very mistrustful towards the other members of the Alliance and not taking a much active role on Alliance War Efforts when compared with the primary races.

Gahalla wrote:
I must say I found your dwarf's IC reasoning amusing though, talk about living in the past Smile. Especially since Dalaran is now neutral, Quel'Thalas part of the Horde and Gilneas and Stromgarde withdrew from the alliance first chance they got after the second war. Wink
I know, and that doesn't make him very happy. One of the reasons he hardly leaves Ironforge nowadays.

Gahalla wrote:
Oh... and if you're looking for a Lordaeron guild... there's The Shining Strand.
Hmm, interesting, I'll do something about that.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next