Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetical question, changes and where?

+30
Thelos
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Lavian
Fenuviel/Eidan
Anivitas
Drustai
Seranita
Sanara
Lexgrad
Vaell
Muzjhath
Ledgic
Zalissa
Amaryl
Zinkle Figgins
Lephia
Beladon
Coppersocket
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Kittrina
Ralegh
Bakar
Zaraj
Dr. Haluthious Vouten
Grim
Quin
Paia/Jenit
Helmut
Bradley
Tuomas/Decurius
34 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Hypothetical question, changes and where? - Page 4 Empty Re: Hypothetical question, changes and where?

Post by Beladon Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:34 pm

World of Warcrafts next expansion race confirmed, Pigmen, Sexist, rude, smelly and arrogant.

Hypothetical question, changes and where? - Page 4 Man-pig-09
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical question, changes and where? - Page 4 Empty Re: Hypothetical question, changes and where?

Post by Thelos Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Sexism in wow actually goes quite a bit deeper than most players realise. From what I can see, both male and female character models seem to be based on male power and/or escapist fantasies. The women are overly-sexualized and the men are all superhuman comic book characters, the only notable exceptions being either comedic (Goblins, Pandaren) or...Forsaken, which are cool in their own way because zombies yay.

I distinctly remember two cases of models changing due to player feedback that reinforce this.

This one:

Female Troll from the Alpha:

In which a female character model is stripped from her unique characteristics that are independant of her gender (animalistic, tribalistic, savagery etc.) to be replaced with characteristics that exclusively have to do with the idealized version of her gender as seen by the other sex (sex her up!)

And this one:

Spoiler:

In which the Blood Elf male model was bulked up due to player feedback - the issue here being that the scrawiness which is associated with their race (as a magical people who eschew physical activity, it would make sense for their muscle mass to be underdeveloped as compared to the other races) to be replaced with more typically idealized gender qualities (muscle mass)

Forsaken and Tauren are probably the only races to actually escape this trap of idealizing the genders (from a male perspective).

---

Beladon wrote:World of Warcrafts next expansion race confirmed, Pigmen, Sexist, rude, smelly and arrogant.

Hypothetical question, changes and where? - Page 4 Man-pig-09
You mean quillboars?

I would love to play one!

Gertrude Snarlsnout the Elder Crone (Quillboar Shaman/Druid) confirmed for my role-playing main 2014.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:The big thing I'd change at the moment is the bloody ability bloat. There are only so many buttons my fingers can reach, damnit!
Preach is sister, this is what I want fixed above all else.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 pm

From what I have read, Blizzard seems to agree with you on that point. They've already done some work towards this with Mists and I expect they will continue the trend in the next expansion.

It's a tricky thing to pull off well, though. You don't ever want to make players feel that you are taking away stuff from them. You always want to have them feel you're giving them more stuff.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:I only read your reply now Monrena and I half-laughed.

Considering you actively contributing to giving draenei the reputation of erotic roleplay, since that's what you engaged in yourself without any shame [not slandering you, stating a fact] then how you can go and complain that the race is misrepresented by the people who erotic roleplay when you yourself conducted in that sort of behavior?

I find this rude and offencive.. firstly you should remember forum rules.. naming and shaming is banned.. secondly I do not erp! so unless you have proof of this.. back off the accusations
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Monrena wrote:I do not erp!
Bahahah... What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Glad I don't use these forums, can see the hellish things that go on here.
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Your post contradicts your statement.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Bahahah... What a Face
for well over 6 months yes this statement is true and even then Only ever did anything that was directly involving actual ic plots.. Unlike others I never did it for the sake of it
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:43 pm

I would have to back Monrena in this situation, in the time she's been In Disciples I have never once caught her Erping. Since we placed a No ERP rule we have several members who keep a watch for potential Erping members and also a few out of guild members.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Autobutt Copper wrote:Your post contradicts your statement.
Correct! Very Happy Glad we have some intelligent people on this forum. Made my day.
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Bahaha, like a bit of ERP makes you a bad roleplayer or a bad person. Gheh.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Always so funny when you accuse someone of ERPing.
They all go "OMG OMG I DIDN'T!" Or "I HAD AN IC REASON!"

Instead of just "... so?"
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Lephia wrote:
Correct! :DGlad we have some intelligent people on this forum. Made my day.
I wanted to say that! Also dubble contradiction!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Monrena wrote:
Cerik Ironforge wrote:I only read your reply now Monrena and I half-laughed.

Considering you actively contributing to giving draenei the reputation of erotic roleplay, since that's what you engaged in yourself without any shame [not slandering you, stating a fact] then how you can go and complain that the race is misrepresented by the people who erotic roleplay when you yourself conducted in that sort of behavior?

I find this rude and offencive.. firstly you should remember forum rules.. naming and shaming is banned..  secondly I do not erp! so unless you have proof of this.. back off the accusations

Monrena wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:
Bahahah... What a Face
for well over 6 months yes this statement is true   and even then Only ever did anything that was directly involving actual ic plots.. Unlike others I never did it for the sake of it

Last edited by Lexgrad on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

siegmund wrote:
Lephia wrote:
Correct! :DGlad we have some intelligent people on this forum. Made my day.
I wanted to say that! Also dubble contradiction!
Double rainbow...
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm

dont jump on the bandwagon lex

edit.. I have reported cedric and everyone else who has jumped on his bandwagon of naming/shaming and teasing.. back the fuck off.. I do not want to be assotiated as an erp'er and i find this highly insulting with this mocking.. it is nether funny nor cool!

Last edited by Monrena on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Im know, it hurt me Monrena, as I generally like to side with the under dog, but posting that you dont do it and then 3 posts later say ...for 6 months is just funny! If it makes you feel better Clinton is a very well respected and admired ex-President and erper.

From now on I will represent Monrena in this drama.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 pm

fuck off lex
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Crying or Very sad 
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Don't report posts in chains of them and then respond with the likes of "fuck off". It doesn't exactly lighten the situation.

As to the subject at hand, can we drop it and stick to the topic please.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

For ERP discussion, go here.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Wow, this thread just blew up in an entirely different direction in the time it took me to go home form work...

damn, I was hoping to troll kitt some more...Also I'm sad I missed the other discussion.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:08 pm

It remains a hot topic.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Bahaha, like a bit of ERP makes you a bad roleplayer or a bad person. Gheh.
It does make you creepy though.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next