Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question by Frostwolf

+3
Reynard
Cid
Frostwolf
7 posters

Go down

A question by Frostwolf Empty A question by Frostwolf

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 pm

So I have a question for you guys, how come you all have scars?

I mean, in this fantastic day an age where gnomish engineering is at it's peak, and faith in humanity is at it's absolute strongest,
how come those priests never manage to heal your scars? Like really now, what kind of fucked up shit have your characters gone through?
Did these scars come from the old gods themselves? Really, tell me, with all these bloody, and hard battles that you've fought, How come none of those
thousands of blessings and heals, and furthermore, ressurections never quite managed to heal your scars? Was that an option before you entered the wars?
To write down a little note to the priests on which scars you wanted to keep when they healed you?

Like a Star @ heaven OPTIONAL: Like a Star @ heaven

Upon death if you were to be ressurected, would you like to keep your scars? Y/N

We do not stand for any removed scars that wanted to be kept unless you sign this.
-Much love, xoxo ;** Stormwind cathedral.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

A question by Frostwolf Empty Re: A question by Frostwolf

Post by Frostwolf Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Question by me, cannot post yet as I am a new member.
Frostwolf
Frostwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:02 am

Not all go to the priests and other healers with nicks and smaller cuts that can be bandaged together since it would be a waste of magical abilities to heal such minor wounds, thus them getting scars. Ofcourse, they could've gotten serious injuries and for some reason forgo healers for a surgeon instead, but end up like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On a more serious note, people like to roleplay they've been into war, thus gotten many of their scars from such. Fighting tend to cause wounds, which for some reason always leave a scar behind.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:00 am

Modern surgery leaves scars but would be considered "magical" by standards of a thousand years ago. So why should "magical healing" not leave scars?
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:04 am

I have met both players and characters who do not have scars, since theirs get healed. For one a Draenei player visited Shattrath each time after they had been wounded, and upon returning all scars they had received upon combat had mysteriously disapepared.

In general however, I believe people keep them due to scars telling a story. They remind them that they are alive, and should strive to stay that way. I can connect most of the scars that my character have either as important moments in their background, or something that actually happen in roleplaying and I choose to keep a memory out of it.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm

I've usually just gone with the same mentality even when RPing a sort of healer, if people wanted scars they had them if not then not, but i've come to my own perspective on it over time.

Basically I see it as magic is all great and nice but it's not always the perfect 100% answer to everything. To a bit of a extreme if a arm gets choped off let's say the light probably won't regrow your arm or say head.. Speaking through a lore perspective not a full on gameplay one. Of course we don't see what happens to our characters but i'm sure even with magic you blowing up into tiny pieces there is not a lot chance to be brought back at the same you. Even with a sensible idea of how a ressurection works if you'd rot for a long time before someone tried to ress you you'd be pretty much be ressed as a rotting corpse and similar problems when you actually think about it.

So I just apply the same with scars, sure maybe a tiny one would heal up fast as one normally would and be gone, but something that would cut deep for example even magic wouldn't make all pretty and nice.

Another thing I had the idea is that a healer doesn't have the time in say a battle situation to heal you up 100% just to keep you going and patch you up enough at the end, maybe even more people there isn't time to make everyone look like they've just been reborn. Of course there can also be magic involved in making things harder to heal up with magic.

I at least remember the example of Anduin being crushed by that bell in Mists of Pandaria and Velen and whatever other healers healed him but it was noted he'd still feel the pain and would not be 100% ever again.

Short version:

Minor wounds = Heal easy, no scars if a healer can bother
Major wounds = Harder to heal, nowhere to get "body materials" to properly heal you up and make you look pretty.
Magic things = Same applies I guess? Some magic makes it harder to heal you up.
Ressurections = Very vital parts of body missing? Not gonna be very effective, same with other severe damage / magic stuff / healer has to be good to do it and probably has a lot of luck

IMO
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Without derailing this thread too much, it does lead on to me asking how people in general deal with "death" in Warcraft. In as much as our toons get "killed" over and over and over again. Do you basically ignore it?
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:15 pm

If someone dies IC they're basically gone. Spirit healers and such are just there as a game mechanic, could you imagine WoW with perma-death? Ouch.

If I die in RP-PvP or lose several times in something like that, I personally add some form of injury or severe impairment based on what occurred. When it comes to any characters dying in RP it's usually been pre-scripted anyhow.
Naroma
Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Sorry, yes, I should have clarified - I meant what do you do when you die in-game.

But actually that does lead to the question of whether resurrection exists in lore in Azeroth?
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Resurrection spells do exist, but only very powerful casters can perform such, to my knowledge. Not something for the average gamer like me and you. Wink
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Varrian got ressurected by Anduin at one point (Yes shocker he has "died" before) and I think Medivh got ressed by his mother. Probably some other classes too but very rare in lore and not easy to do as Cid already said.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:20 pm

honestly.. i think its down to players way of viewing it, i always viewed druid healing for example as manipulating your bodys natural healing / regeneration and encouraging it, just the more skilled the druid in restoration the more able they are to improve on the works appearance, warlocks and fel healing as often leaving marks or even appearance of mutations if enough is used due to its nature (it mutates over rather than reforming/healing sort of thing, and buffers the body rather than curing it) as a few examples. everyone will have there own views on it.. i personally play a dedicated healer RP alt called duskhaven who i believe uses NON magical healing before applying light magic as the light wont heal a wound like it was never there otherwise

fenodyree wrote:Without derailing this thread too much, it does lead on to me asking how people in general deal with "death" in Warcraft. In as much as our toons get "killed" over and over and over again. Do you basically ignore it?

you can IC act wounded and downed rather than dead.. or you can ignore if your not RPing or you could if you wanted to say you died

Cid wrote:Resurrection spells do exist, but only very powerful casters can perform such, to my knowledge. Not something for the average gamer like me and you.

Personally i don't mind people using resurrections .. although i do think it SHOULD be significant and not a casual thing.. i mean ICly iv used a Resurrection via a soulstone i had made before hand of someone by Azapha.

I think it should ether be planned or have some significant reason you cant just do it when ever.. otherwise non would ever be able to die XD (great examples here.. paladin who truly believes someone is still needed in life for a good purpose may find the power then to be able to, a warlock can only make soulstones BEFORE hand and they must pay the price in souls consumed for the price of one soul protected..)

one thing with IC death i will point out is.. by the lore we are presented for Demon hunters in the quest line of your starting zone (and some other references floating about ) a DH ether

A= just dies or B= reforms in the nether and comes back after a while (if they reform one time they would by lore logic.. always do that.. there then immortal)

and if they reform in the nether then they will always be able to unless killed in the same way as you die in a way that prevents your soul returning to the nether like how you kill demons for good
Azapha
Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down