Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warcraft movie

+31
Azapha
Isadore
Praeceps
Charlie Blazesong
Maelmoor
Littlepip
Groshnok
Lavian
Tantzui
Zaraj
Sanara
Bakar
Sarandus
Zinkle Figgins
Lexgrad
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
The Z
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kittrina
Thelos
Raenmar
Rmuffn
Amaryl
Muzjhath
Grufftoof
siegmund
Cid
Ledgic
Kozgugore Feraleye
Vaell
Dréfurion
35 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Warcraft movie - Page 4 Empty Re: Warcraft movie

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 am

Maybe it's Warcraft in space, and is actually a Starcraft movie. That font is definitely closer to Starcrafts than Warcrafts.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Groshnok Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Many people are speculating that it's just a screencap of an animated intro for the movie. It mightn't be the actual title font.
Groshnok
Groshnok

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Could be ice! Could be DK movie!!!!!!!!!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Of course something like a logo doesn't do jackshit to the movie's quality, but like mentioned, it's a bit odd to change it from the style it has had since 1994.

...but yeah, show me a teaser or something to get me excited of a movie that's still over year and a half away from it's release (at least) and based on a game that has steadily grown to be more and more uninteresting. Grandted, Warlords of Draenor will probably pump some excitment to my body again and if Blizzard would decide on getting back to RTS Warcraft before the movie's release, that could definetly get me all aboard the hypetrain. But as of now...mneeeeeeh.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

A NAME!

OMG OMGOOMGMGMOMGOMG

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm

It's a name nobody could ever have guessed as well. I think you're missing a few emoticons.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

scratch You are right my apologies.

lol! study elephant flower afro scratch geek jocolor queen santa rendeer farao king cherry albino sunny Sleep drunken bom cheers Basketball confused bounce rabbit pig silent alien cat monkey @ cyclops clown pirat What a Face Suspect I love you No Neutral Arrow Idea Question Exclamation Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Embarassed Razz Mad Laughing Cool Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

...Is that all of them?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Twisted Evil  We are missing a :yes:
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:#WARFORMERS

Thinking of legitimately using this hashtag. It seems pretty apt.

Kittrina wrote:It's still a slightly weird choice to deviate so far from such a recognised logotype for the same IP. WC 1-3 and WoW have all been variations on the same chunky/carved gold custom font, which does look a little dated now but has its appeal and clearly yells pulpy, high-fantasy.

But tbh probably wouldn't bother me if I wasn't a graphic designer.

Nah I think it bothers just about everyone. I'm not a graphic designer but I think it looks like crap.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:29 am

Transcraft though Sad
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 am

Also from the San Diego comic con along with the logo...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DOOMHAMMAH!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:54 pm

I take a peek over here after months of inactivity and there's no new discussion about the movie? Wot?! Not that I'm losing my mind over waiting for it, but I at least expected to see some complaining about it!

It...doesn't look that bad from that. A bit too much of a CGI vibe from some of those sets, but nothing too awful. One can spot the Golem Harvest from that and I hope that's about as far as they go with their game references. If I'll end up sitting in a theatre to watch this and see some goofy soldier named "Jenkins" rushing to a battle all by himself, I'm gonna projectile vomit through the projection screen.

Full trailer tomorrow, we'll see then.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Got to agree that the stormwind scene did seem a little wierd probably becouse of the CGI but overall I'm not disapointed yet, hopefully won't be!

Even with the full trailer though won't know for sure until I actually see the whole movie. Don't really want the trailer to reveal too much either like to see how it kinda will look and feel but I don't want to know how it goes down. Well OK that does sound strange since i know the Warcraft story but I think you get what I mean.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:38 pm

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03 pm

It's okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri May 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Saw it tonight and wow..it was so epic, loved it! Gonna see it soon again for sure! Just..go and see it!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri May 27, 2016 8:36 pm

10th of June....

Sad

Haz to wait in my country.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 am

I found it so decidedly underwhelming. The world design/scenery was amazing. Stormwind and Ironforge are probably the best looking fictional cities I've ever seen, but everything beyond that was gash.

The pacing was poor, the story was sub-par. I know that it was never supposed to be in the main timeline but so many things are different for seemingly no reason. Like
Spoiler:

In the end, I went in with no expectations of being blown away. I assumed I was going to see a mediocre film and be resoundingly "Meh" about it. It still managed to disappoint me. I honestly can't recommend watching it to anybody. I legitimately found myself just waiting for it to end for the last 40 or so minutes of the film.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sat May 28, 2016 8:17 am

There wasn't much of an explanation for anything either tbh. I had mixed feelings while watching it. I might have to watch it again to form a decent opinion on it.

Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat May 28, 2016 11:29 am

Another thing that bugged me. Where was the holy light? Where were the Clerics of Northshire? Where was Uther Lightbringer and the first paladins?

And wth was that Alodi bullshit.

Honestly, story wise, I feel like this could've just as well been a piece of elaborate fan fiction.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat May 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Haven't seen the movie yet but..

Clerics aside, weren't the paladins a thing in the second war?

From what i heard though and what most people figured the movie would not follow the lore too well so i'm sure one could nitpick it to hell in that. Then again i'm sure i'd have to see it for myself to actually see how they executed the story for a honest opinion.

Edit: Especially if they changed things a lot and merged some wars and storylines together.

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm

To me they captured the very core, spirit, of Warcraft which for me was the essential part of it, from visuals to humour.

Hence I loved it!

Not sure it would been better if they had tried to pull in a ton of more characters in one movie, the premiere crowd loved it, so im not alone! Which is why I recommend people to watch it and then form their own opinion.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat May 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Found it underwhelming myself. The action etc was nice and so on, but... so many errors lore- and otherwise. Dalaran for instance, major flaw there. As for the rest, Ixirar pretty much nailed it. "Meh" is about as much I can say about it.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Maelmoor wrote:To me they captured the very core, spirit, of Warcraft which for me was the essential part of it, from visuals to humour.

They had a lot of easter eggs for veteran fans of the franchise, which was nice I guess. Yes the world presented to us felt like Warcraft, but so many of the characteristics that made the conflict of the first war so interesting, those being why I loved the idea that they went back and looked at that for the film, were cut to make room for pointless bonding scenes with the most wooden acting I've seen since Attack of the Clones. Honestly, the bonding scene between Khadgar, Lothar and Garona was nothing short of pointless. It didn't serve a purpose. Garona made an impossible claim (that she's carrying her mother's tusk. Her mother is a draenei, they don't have fucking tusks) and then they talked about sex for a while. I would've much prefered that that be cut out and then instead we see more of the orcs. The one thing Duncan Jones did well is that the orcs feel like -orcs-. Instead of continuously telling us how Khadgar is an awkward insecure teen and spending so much screen time showing us how all the other chars bully him relentlessly, how about shooting a few scenes where Durotan talks to Grom? Or where Kargath, Kilrogg and Ner'zhul interact with Blackhand and Gul'dan. They didn't need to have major parts, but having Grommash Fucking Hellscream presented to us as just a cool looking background thug doesn't do the char justice in how instrumental he was to the events leading up to and during the First War. They also don't really present the clans to us. If I didn't know a ton about the lore already, I'd have gone away thinking that there were two Orc factions: The Horde and the Frostwolf Clan. They could've easily fit in a few scenes where we see the Bleeding Hollow hunting parties stalk through the woods with their poisoned blades, or showing us the Warsong wolf riders.

Again, the film set itself up nicely. But it just fails to execute on any of the things it sets out to do. There are a lot of compelling plot points, both first and second war, that they can't tell now because they cut the requirements for them to happen in favour of cliché scenes with shoddy dialogue and wooden delivery. And humour-... I don't know. What humour? That's actually one of the biggest flaws of the film I think. Warcraft has always been the serious fantasy story that doesn't take itself too seriously. But the film didn't feel like that. The film felt like Duncan Jones wished he was Peter Jackson. Many of the heroic scenes were pointless because they film had failed to invest its audience sufficiently in the characters. Callan's scene at Blackrock Mountain (btw, why doesn't Durotan know the word for "Mountain"? He is literally the chieftain of a clan that lives in one. No, don't tell me it's that he doesn't know the human language word, because he speaks Orcish. Why does he not know the Orcish word for "mountain"?) was obviously meant to be a turning point for Lothar and a very dramatic moment. But it wasn't. Callan should've just been cut entirely from the film. All his scenes were irrelevant to the plot.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next