Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warcraft: Chronicle volume I

+4
Littlepip
Lady Eveline Williams
Skarain
siegmund
8 posters

Go down

Warcraft: Chronicle volume I Empty Warcraft: Chronicle volume I

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:49 pm

So if you've heard or not Blizzard released a new lore / history book. Similar ones should come out in the future as well as the new Illidan novel next month.

Small preview:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Magic chart:
Spoiler:

Thought that if people are curious about the book or want to discuss it's content, impact on RP and their own opinions of possible retcons, yadda yadda, you get it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Warcraft: Chronicle volume I Empty Re: Warcraft: Chronicle volume I

Post by Skarain Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Will discuss it once I get my copy.

Should be coming within one week by mail.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Eveline Williams Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Sadly, it won't be in the Netherlands for another month or so. At least, that's what the first site told me.

Definitely want it though! Are we.. going to take this book as the newest, closest thing for lore? It looks absolutely wonderful. (I may have a digital copy already but I want the hardcover one. :p )
Lady Eveline Williams
Lady Eveline Williams

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Lady Eveline Williams wrote:Are we.. going to take this book as the newest, closest thing for lore?

Yes, I'd say so.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Littlepip wrote:
Lady Eveline Williams wrote:Are we.. going to take this book as the newest, closest thing for lore?

Yes, I'd say so.
Yes.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:56 pm

From Metzen's foreword and a couple of senior writers tweets, we can safely assume it's game canon.

It's also epic. So much pre-history, so much stuff that our characters couldn't possibly know IC. But still, epic to know where Azeroth came from.
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Eveline Williams Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

That sounds absolutely wonderful. The version I saw had great images, great storyline so far and indeed, explains a lot about Magic and the forces and the likes. I'll definitely use it and take it as a 'new discovery book that's spreading through the lands'. Well, parts that are appropriate at least!
Lady Eveline Williams
Lady Eveline Williams

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:22 am

All of this, or at least majority, can be find in different sources. The problem is there are people denying most of lore that is not given to them in game either way. Like there was a difference.

If something does not occur in game it doesn't exist. Would it be (finally) different with this one?
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:07 am

All of this, or at least majority, can be find in different sources.

Of course, this book encompases a lot of existing things and fills in some holes or summarizes some books.

The problem is there are people denying most of lore that is not given to them in game either way. Like there was a difference.

If something does not occur in game it doesn't exist. Would it be (finally) different with this one?

That's a good concern, but you have to understand that the book came out in the real world, not ingame. That doesn't mean you cannon take knowledge from the book of how the world sort of is suposed to work and lore bits and build upon things, not at all.

It's just that just like the book itself says people forget things and people got their own opinion in the universe or how things work. You can take an example that velen thought seemed similar Elune is a Naruu when the elves described it to her while the elves will have none of that (Fact aside that things about Elune are still unclear even in the book). But even if it had stated like it's X the elves would still think in one way and Velen in his. Same really goes for most things history and common knowledge.

There is just a diffrence between people outright denying lore in a general sense and a character denying something in his view. The book obviously didn't happen in game, but the lore exists.

It's kind of ironic but I like to just see it as if a book droped into my lap and i'd hold history, truth and all the jazzy things on how the real world works, suspension of disbelief aside say I belive it in it's fullest. Everyone else on the planet might not think the same way about this book for one reason or another.

----------------------------------------------

On the book itself it is a nice overview, though I did question some things here and there, even the chart I find nice and I know what they wanted to do with it with some opposites but feels off in a way, then again there is only so well you can try to basically explain something and encompas it while still making sense and not retconning too much.

Don't understand one retcon in the book regarding Agewyn though with the love story, seems so out of place surely they could have advertised that order in Legion in a better way.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:01 pm

siegmund wrote:
It's just that just like the book itself says people forget things and people got their own opinion in the universe or how things work.

And precisely because of that I think the use of that knowledge IC would be very legitimised (as it will never be the "ΑΩ" book). And no, I do not wish for all to know those facts. What I am referring to is my former proposal about the coinage system. It met a wall because I based this partially on RPG books. So, I had spent a month trying to put it all together so it matches with those words written formerly and what we can see in game, but the moment I mentioned "I read through RPG books" it was dead as a door nail.

When I make things up it's not because I take some pleasure from breaking the lore. It's quite the opposite - there is no detail given, so I make a thorough research, spending many hours on it, trying to establish as many facts as possible before introducing it IC. And if somehow this is later changed/expanded by Blizz I have no problems with adjusting to those changes, because I'm finally presented with those details I needed before.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:34 am

Got the book today! It will be my holy bible.
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 am

Oh didn't see the post, anyway...sounds interesting, Guess I will order a book for myself.
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mallucis has progressed through achievement: Loremaster Timewalker (1/3).
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bareans Silversmith Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 am

looks nice ! I ordered it from amazon : )
Bareans Silversmith
Bareans Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 am

Not long ago the Illidan book came out as well, reading it it's pretty much a big thing if you're going to want to RP demon hunters and it goes about things happening in Outland.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down