Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Warcraft Book shall I get next?

+9
Lexgrad
Zhakiri
Gesh
Lorainne/Bridlington
Drustai
Shaelyssa
Braiden
Lyniath
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Warcraft Book shall I get next? Empty What Warcraft Book shall I get next?

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm

I've read all up to Arthas, I haven't read Rise of the Horde though. So it's out of Rise of the Horde, Arthas, Stormrage, The Shattering or Wolfheart. Which of these books do you prefer and out of all Warcraft books which is your favourite? ^_^
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

What Warcraft Book shall I get next? Empty Re: What Warcraft Book shall I get next?

Post by Lyniath Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm

I like "World of Warcraft: Game Manual"
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

What Warcraft Book shall I get next? Empty Re: What Warcraft Book shall I get next?

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Arthas is not bad at all I'd say if you like the character, doesnt add loads you didnt know if you played WC3 but some dept to the story. I havent read them all tough so cant give a final verdict, in fact I have decided not to get a few of them because of the summaries I read Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Do not read the war of the ancients trilogy, it's awful.
Do not read Stormrage, it's also awful.

I haven't read anything else though so ... ya
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Well I said I had already read WotA, I liked it. I love night elves though so I'm biased.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Considering you're rolling a draenei atm, I'd recommend Rise of the Horde. It's not a great book by any stretch (none of them are), but it offers some decent insight nevertheless.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Yeah. I haven't read them for their amazing writing. More so for their familiar setting/characters and the Lore.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:20 pm

I love night elves too but the books were just awful, awful, awful ugh I hated them so much!!! I'm serious, they are all painful to read ... the only reason I did read them was for the little lore tidbits or whatever here and there but honestly, it's not worth it. Just go on wowpedia. I found reading the actual books agony but maybe you will like them?
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:59 pm

I've already said, I've already read War of the Ancients! Lmao. >.<
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

But not Stormrage!!! That book is also awful but not as horrible as that stupid WotA trilogy!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:11 pm

I suggest you destroy all World of Warcraft related works and read proper literature.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Though not a book, I adore the Curse of the worgen comic book sets! Pretty pictures, violence, gilneans. What more could you ask for?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Lord of the Clans is a good one if you like Thrall before He went World Shaman...

I'd suggest anything by Golden, -don't-, read Knaak.

But yes, read proper literature too!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Hmph, I've never read any WoW books, is it worth it? And if so, where should I start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:53 pm

They're definately worth it if you enjoy the Lore and want to learn more about it in a funner manner than hunting WoWWiki.

Personally, I stumbled across this Archive and started there. It's got four books, one by Metzen himself, Golden, Knaak and Jeff Grubb. Knaak and Golden are your main Writers, so I'd recommend this big book to get to know all their writing styles. Most of the fans tend to dislike Knaak and like Golden; I'm no exception to the rule Razz

Anyway, here's the link to the Archive. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warcraft-Archive-World/dp/1416525823/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319647671&sr=8-1

Books in it;

Day of the Dragon-Knaak
Lord of the Clans-Golden
The Last Guardian- Grubb
Blood and Honour-Metzen

In the past, the world of Azeroth teemed with wondrous creatures of every kind-until the arrival of the demonic army known as Burning Legion shattered the world's tranquillity forever. Now Orcs, dragons, goblins and trolls all battle for supremacy over the scattered, warring kingdoms-part of a grand, malevolent scheme that will determine the fate of the world of WarCraft. In Day of the Dragon, the maverick Mage, Rhonin, goes on a perilous journey into the Orc-controlled lands of Khaz Modan to uncover a vast, far-reaching conspiracy, darker than anything he ever imagined. In Lord of the Clans, the tumultuous story of the enigmatic Orc known as Thrall-who has been a slave, gladiator, shaman and warchief-is at last told. The Last Guardian depicts Medivh's struggle against the malice within him to become one with the fate of Azeroth itself...and change the world forever. And in Blood and Honor, the noble Paladin Tirion Fordring-enemy of the Orcs-finds his most fundamental beliefs challenged when an unexpected act of compassion forces him to decide who are the men-and who are the monsters.

After this you can read whatever you like!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Nygarth wrote:Lord of the Clans is a good one if you like Thrall before He went World Shaman...

I'd suggest anything by Golden, -don't-, read Knaak.

But yes, read proper literature too!

Golden is just as bad.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I facepalmed when the WoW launcher advertised a Knaak book.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh Drustai! Don't say that! Golden is lovely :3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Nygarth wrote:Oh Drustai! Don't say that! Golden is lovely :3

No, she's really not.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Hater. :3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:45 pm

I've enjoyed the warcraft books so far really though I've had little to compare them to in terms of proper literature as I see all of these titles and genres on the store shelves and I know nothing about them. I've been reading warcraft novels because it's familiar to me and I enjoy knowing about the lore.

On a side note why did they choose to focus on Varian for wolfheart instead of Genn or Darius?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:06 am

Cyrdain wrote:I've enjoyed the warcraft books so far really though I've had little to compare them to in terms of proper literature as I see all of these titles and genres on the store shelves and I know nothing about them. I've been reading warcraft novels because it's familiar to me and I enjoy knowing about the lore.

On a side note why did they choose to focus on Varian for wolfheart instead of Genn or Darius?

Because they prefer to focus on the main characters instead of the more interesting side ones.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 am

(I havent read any of the books)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Drustai wrote:
Cyrdain wrote:I've enjoyed the warcraft books so far really though I've had little to compare them to in terms of proper literature as I see all of these titles and genres on the store shelves and I know nothing about them. I've been reading warcraft novels because it's familiar to me and I enjoy knowing about the lore.

Because they prefer to focus on the main characters instead of the more interesting side ones.

Blizzard have a hard on for their superhero Varian.
The lesser characters are just for him to kick their ass.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Blizzard have a hard on for thrall is what you mean, they dont care about the rest.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next