Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!)

+16
Grufftoof
Muzjhath
Killian
Seranita
Skarain
Drustai
Zhakiri
Dorik Thunderbelly
erwtenpeller
Dréfurion
Lexgrad
Vaell
siegmund
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Thelos
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Empty [A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!)

Post by Thelos Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Original Post:

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) WoWScrnShot_121312_001806
Shado-Pan Characters

[A] Blooming Lotus

• Paozi (Monk)
  • Linzu (Monk)
  • Jusiin (Monk)
  • Talzu (Hunter)
  • Xienlai (Hunter)
  • Zahaorin (Rogue)
  • Kwu (Warrior)

Last edited by Paozi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Empty Re: [A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!)

Post by Ixirar Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Paozi wrote:
The Shado-pan are not neutral, for they fight their own war, a war inside of a war:

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Xzibit

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Empty Re: [A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!)

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:48 pm

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Meditate
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:00 am

The dungeons you do and the questline kinda say itself. They hate our guts. Thought not sure what after you free the shadow-pan monestary from the sha. Probably reason? *shrug*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 am

They are the watchers on the wall...
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 am

siegmund wrote:The dungeons you do and the questline kinda say itself. They hate our guts. Thought not sure what after you free the shadow-pan monestary from the sha. Probably reason? *shrug*

If they hated the Alliance and the Horde that would make them very poor at their jobs indeed.

Seriously though if you try to divine what the Shado-pan's attitude towards the Horde and the Alliance would be from Taran Zhu's actions and dialogue untill the Shado-pan monestary dungeon, you're missing something important.

Firstly, keep in mind that said interaction of Zhu with your character is the interaction of the leader of the Shado-pan with a supposed paragon or chosen hero of their faction. I'd hardly call that an average relationship between any one Shado-pan and a soldier of the Alliance or Horde.

Secondly, for the most time you interact with him before Townlong, Zhu is being affected by the Sha of Hatred -- to what extend is (thankfully) unclear, but there's a definate change when you purge him of the Sha. He goes from "Your kind if not welcome here," to "Our fellowship is our greatest strength".

So I think simply thinking that "They hate our guts" is a gross oversimplification. That's not to say that you can't play a character that does, oh no, the material for hate is in there, but that's far from the only point of view you can adopt on your character.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:19 am

True, i wonder what affected him, well or started affecting, could have been that it started to develop when the alliance and horde brought their war here and it clouded his judgement, or it was before/after.

But yeah thanks for the explination.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm

"That's not to say that you can't play a character that does, oh no, the material for hate is in there, but that's far from the only point of view you can adopt on your character."

Would feeling hate towards these outsiders not make the Shadow Pan More easy for the sha to corrupt? I thought these guys were stoics and have very good willpower and self awareness.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Lexgrad wrote:"That's not to say that you can't play a character that does, oh no, the material for hate is in there, but that's far from the only point of view you can adopt on your character."

Would feeling hate towards these outsiders not make the Shadow Pan More easy for the sha to corrupt? I thought these guys were stoics and have very good willpower and self awareness.

Of course.

And on your second point, you should never ever say "you belong to group x so you MUST be y" it's fucking stupid. I know you don't do it for your characters or Una wouldn't exist, but don't overgeneralise. We also pretty much see it's not true in a couple of occassions.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

My concern is not that Dref my dear, I do like to RP the outsider in a few of my Chars, Una is not a typical Highborne, Lex was on the Edge of the Ebon hold and now seems to be alone. However when I do this kind of RP I contentiously punish my chars for their actions. I do not expect una to ever be loved and he runs huges risks for being as he is.

The Shado-Pan I take are the prime anti Sha force among other things. These guys know about the Sha. To let themselves then turn to hate could be either handing weapons to the sha or even be the start of corruption by the Sha. These are guys who are brought up to strive against any emotion that would let the Sha grow, it would be cheap for Shado-pan RPers to give into that hate and not punish themselves for it with possession and failure, they turned from their teachings when they do it.

However it is possable we will get Badass Panda who hate all they like, and never suffer for it, worse a simplified version of the lore becomes popularized and we get what we have with Paladins with Shado-pan.

So I do not advocate that just being a Shado-pan makes you obliged to follow their teachings, but just suggest if you do wish to go against them you are aware it makes you "ic a poor example of the order" and RP accordingly.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Lexgrad wrote:My concern is not that Dref my dear, I do like to RP the outsider in a few of my Chars, Una is not a typical Highborne, Lex was on the Edge of the Ebon hold and now seems to be alone. However when I do this kind of RP I contentiously punish my chars for their actions. I do not expect una to ever be loved and he runs huges risks for being as he is.

The Shado-Pan I take are the prime anti Sha force among other things. These guys know about the Sha. To let themselves then turn to hate could be either handing weapons to the sha or even be the start of corruption by the Sha. These are guys who are brought up to strive against any emotion that would let the Sha grow, it would be cheap for Shado-pan RPers to give into that hate and not punish themselves for it with possession and failure, they turned from their teachings when they do it.

However it is possable we will get Badass Panda who hate all they like, and never suffer for it, worse a simplified version of the lore becomes popularized and we get what we have with Paladins with Shado-pan.

So I do not advocate that just being a Shado-pan makes you obliged to follow their teachings, but just suggest if you do wish to go against them you are aware it makes you "ic a poor example of the order" and RP accordingly.

I could never get this from you one line of text! I agree with what you say of course.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

ofc you do Dref, Lexgrad is always right.

Anyway, enough of me. Make Thelos's Panda RP work or I will be sad and Thelos would have died for nothing! I love you
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes.

You can be bad at what you do.

If what you do is not be mad, you can be bad at it and thus be mad.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

I would love to see some of those shado-pan cuties wobble about, and if there's ever a dedicated Horde Shado-Pan dude, I'll make sure to involve them in Marauder story lines.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Shado-Pan are nice an interesting to roleplay...but why did they make it such a chore to farm so much rep for their hat! http://www.wowhead.com/item=89801
(Let's face it, you can't be Shado-Pan without the hat!)
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:(Let's face it, you can't be Shado-Pan without the hat!)
QFT!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Dorik Thunderbelly wrote:(Let's face it, you can't be Shado-Pan without the hat!)
QFT!

...The Onyx cloud serpent is nice too ;o

And excuse my pictorial reply earlier was merely thinking on the idea!

All in all Krogon would be -deeply- interested in meeting them IC, from the point of view as a martial master and from the view that though the scale of numbers and foe's of choice are different, Blademasters and shado pan have alot in common in eothos and ideology.

So yeah, the burning blade proper, agtleast in the shape of Krogon, wants to see some shado-pan.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Sadly I am not going to have the mental fortitude to farm the hat on both an Alliance and a Horde character, so I will sadly have to stick to the Alliance side of the roleplaying world.

It's a long, long, long way from Revered to Exalted.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Faction change. \o/
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Paozi wrote:Sadly I am not going to have the mental fortitude to farm the hat on both an Alliance and a Horde character, so I will sadly have to stick to the Alliance side of the roleplaying world.

It's a long, long, long way from Revered to Exalted.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) E39
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

Don't give me that look, buster.

I'm sure there will be Shado-pan characters horeside at some point eventually. It is quite inevitable: the concept is simply too cool to ignore.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) 241626

Fuck yeah, crimson ninja-scarf.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

Paozi wrote:Don't give me that look, buster.

I'm sure there will be Shado-pan characters horeside at some point eventually. It is quite inevitable: the concept is simply too cool to ignore.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) 241626

Fuck yeah, crimson ninja-scarf.

Naughty sneaky Wu'kao panda! spying on them marauders!

*shakes fist*
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 am

Pao made his debut as a Shado-pan yesterday.

So far, he has:

• Appeared from the shadows to slit a Saurok's throat before vanishing again, all without saying a single word.
  • Negotiated with an Alliance naval officer.
  • Spied on some unsuspecting Marauders.

The Shado-pan are too cool for school; the only question is, why aren't you?

Last edited by Paozi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am

...With some luck you try said antics on The red blades when Krogon is around.

The impending ninja battle would be Glorious.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Cutcaster-photo-100371302-Jumping-Ninja

Good luck with this alliance side all the same!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:...With some luck you try said antics on The red blades when Krogon is around.

The impending ninja battle would be Glorious.

[A/H] The Shado-Pan (Now with player-index!) Cutcaster-photo-100371302-Jumping-Ninja

Good luck with this alliance side all the same!

I'm a little skeptical about cross-faction role-play, but appearing for a few seconds before vanishing again to spark some conversation is something I'm always up for.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next