Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shado-pan Short Story

2 posters

Go down

Shado-pan Short Story Empty Shado-pan Short Story

Post by Thelos Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:06 am

Blizzard recently posted A short story about the Shado-pan (clicky)

Now, those who know my character Paozi know that I have a not-so subtle soft spot for the dark and grizzly antithesis for the otherwise fluffy and merry Pandaren people. Oftentimes, when Blizzard releases a short story about a race or faction you use in your role-play, one is left feeling anxious; what if it contradicts what you have been playing thus far?

I am thrilled to announce that this story hasn't contradicted me whatsoever, has confirmed some of my already existing hypotheses about the Shado-Pan and is generally fairly well written!

The best thing about it is not the confirmation of already existing suspicions, but rather the completely new lore that we can use in our role-play. The white scarfs is a very powerful, very simple visual piece of lore that can easily be implemented in role-play. The splitting of the Shado-pan into the Blackguard, Wu Kao and Omnia disciplines, something that has been hinted at in the dailies, has been confirmed and expanded upon, each being given a specific flavor and face. I know now that my character is definately of the Wu Kao discipline, which means he awnsers to Hawkmaster Nurong: that's neat! I had no idea, but I like it. Nurong is awesome.

I highly recommend this read to everyone and people that role-play a Pandaren in particular. I am extremely pleased with how well this short story is synced to my role-play and am thrilled to use it in game.

What are your thoughts?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Shado-pan Short Story Empty Re: Shado-pan Short Story

Post by Khendran Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

I actually found it very intriguing, I've had a prejudice going against the pandaren for a long time, simply because of how they came to be as an April's Fool joke. But I've done some digging into them and the depth the RPG writers have given the race is really neat, and together with this story and the MoP lore acquired while levelling, it actually makes me think they're one of the more interesting races in the game. Smile

Right after the Lordaeronian refugees. Noone beats the Lordaeronian refugees.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down