Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1

+15
Tya
Raene
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Dréfurion
Catari
Darilas
Magaskawee/Anaei
Xyros
Antistia
Aladras
erwtenpeller
Emrys
Solanum
Sabien
Kristeas Sunbinder
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1 Empty [H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Sin'dorei,

In five days the 5th meeting of the Silvermoon Council will be held. The location and time stay the same, nine bells in the evening in the Blood Knight Temple.
Planned topics will be:
- Attack on Councilor Silverstrike.
- The "Ashen Ascendancy".
- Unwarranted agression of the Blood Knights.

Previously discussed or mentioned, in earlier meetings:
- Lord Kalitar, of the Sundawn family, announced his intent to provide services (rooms, food, drink, etc.) at the inn at the Royal Exchange.
- Magister Xavier Silverblood asked for the councils opinion regarding the relationship between Magisters, Blood Knights, Farstriders and other Thalassian organisations. Specifically in regards to who can arrest lawbreakers. The council didn't have a unanimous opinion, since there was no time to form one, but the separate opinions can be summarized as: Blood Knights perform arrests, the Farstriders have dismissed themselves from that duty/privilege and if required, special actions will be taken under special circumstances. A request has also been made in regard to the Magisterium and their ability in regards to dealing with magical criminals. A request was made for public recognition of this, but the Blood Knight view of this still has to be acquired.
- An unnamed female complained about the Blood Knights, since the female was unable to share her name, there is an inability to give this complaint any credibility. (Other individuals have requested that this is added to the agenda.)
- Lady Ilsinea Fireleaf (on behalf of Magister Abulos Sunwing) announced the intent to restructure the Magisters, possibly with Magister Silverblood's help.
- Nalia Whieblood asked if there are any threats at the moment (except for the usual ones). Lady Fireleaf reported being attacked outside of Silvermoon by a female orc and a Sin'dorei, atleast one of them appears to be a warlock because of a demon present.
- Councilor Devilsgrave will mediate between Sin Belore and the Blood Knights because of the recent tensions.
- An undead (later identified as Tamika from the so called Ashen Ascendancy) called the council and Regent-Lord Lor'themar Theron, puppets and claiming that the horde is "governed by a green pig on a throne of iron and bone" (has yet to be confirmed). It also spoke of the forsaken as "great allies".

If there is someone that wants a topic added to the agenda, notify me as soon as possible.

Shorel'aran,

Kristeas Sunbinder

((Edit: If the 3rd topic was requested here IC or OC doesn't matter, I'm claiming the superior powers of bureaucracy to acquire more order. Also, just because I said undead doesn't mean it wasn't an undead belf Very Happy))

Last edited by Kristeas Sunbinder on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 am; edited 5 times in total
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

[H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1 Empty Re: [H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:29 am

Council,

I want a topic added; the unwarranted aggressiveness of the Blood Knights to the citizens of Silvermoon. I've been threatened with a smack by one, a broken arm by another and I wasn't even drunk!

Cheers,
Arli Sunblade

Back to top Go down

[H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1 Empty Re: [H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:46 am

It would be interesting to know why an undead was allowed in let alone allowed to speak at a Sin'Dorei council when some Sin'dorei were told to "shut your hole" I think was the classy phrase used.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solanum Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 am

OOC:

Cheyene wrote:It would be interesting to know why an undead was allowed in let alone allowed to speak at a Sin'Dorei council when some Sin'dorei were told to "shut your hole" I think was the classy phrase used.

Because that Sin'dorei first of all ignored the basic protocol of the meeting.
Raise your hand, one person will be given permission to voice their opinion, concerns or problem and the Council would tend to it, one topic at a time. So that every topic could be given the attention it deserves.
Taking turns.
It is a very basic concept that the average three year old is able to grasp.

You speak out of turn, disrespecting the Council, the person speaking, and all those present whom do adhere the protocol.
When asked to await your turn, and assured your concerns will be addressed you still keep going, throwing wild accusations.
Effectively you are demanding that we either ignore the current person speaking, ignore the rules we have set ourselves to indulge your immediate desire for attention, or you will delay the entire Council meeting until you get what you want.
"Shut your hole" as someone attending the meeting said might not have been classy, but neither was this behaviour.
Especially not when followed up with another accusation, and leaving in a hissy fit because you didn't get what you want fast enough.

Next time, if you have a topic you wish to address during a Council meeting, please await your turn, and we will be certain to address whatever relevant matter you wish to discuss to the best of our abilities.

Another perk is that when you await your turn, you can speak uninterrupted, meaning the Councillors will have to answer your question if you phrase it clearly. Where, if we just let everyone shout randomly, we could simply pick the one most convenient to us.

Arli, I'll ignore your little attempt at provocation on the Blizzard Realm Forum, have to say though, very mature of you ;-)
Personally would like it if you brought the unwarranted aggressiveness of the Blood Knights to the citizens of Silvermoon up at the next Council Meeting.
Solanum
Solanum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 am

I see what youre saying her but my post was not OOC and I dont like being flamed for it here thanks. I posted that with a Chey head on.
Please respect that.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 am

The post in here was IC..? Alright.

We would like to urge you to politely await your turn, being a Sin'dorei does not give you a right to scream and act like an uncivilized brute at a council meeting, on the contrary! We expect our noble race with their lifespans of several centuries to be able to muster the patience of waiting ten minutes for the benefit of smooth proceedings.

Is what my character would have said to this.

(( I may have to miss my first Council meeting by the way, exam on the 29th and the 30th :< I'll see what I can do))
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am

If you are going to speak on the AA, it might be handy to invite a representative of the Shatterskull Marauders to be there. They have a lot of useful information on the Ashen Ascendancy.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

((Third topic added.))

erwtenpeller wrote:If you are going to speak on the AA, it might be handy to invite a representative of the Shatterskull Marauders to be there. They have a lot of useful information on the Ashen Ascendancy.

((The "AA" is throwing me off, is that IC or OC?))
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 am

Problem is, we do not know IC you have useful information on the subject. ^^"
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:((The "AA" is throwing me off, is that IC or OC?))
OOC. Just giving a little poke.
Emrys wrote:Problem is, we do not know IC you have useful information on the subject. ^^"
A spokesperson for the Shatterskull Marauders has already visited Silvermoon to inform people of the Ascendancy threat. Bloodnose and Jahzeem (Zombini) met with Tiffane (and Dralias) in private and gave her a bunch of information on the Ascendancy. There are people in Silvermoon that know Wink

If you think it would be a good idea to invite a marauder representative there, send me a PM and we'll discuss possibilities.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 am

OOC:

Solanum wrote:OOC:

Cheyene wrote:It would be interesting to know why an undead was allowed in let alone allowed to speak at a Sin'Dorei council when some Sin'dorei were told to "shut your hole" I think was the classy phrase used.

Because that Sin'dorei first of all ignored the basic protocol of the meeting.
Raise your hand, one person will be given permission to voice their opinion, concerns or problem and the Council would tend to it, one topic at a time. So that every topic could be given the attention it deserves.
Taking turns.
It is a very basic concept that the average three year old is able to grasp.

Your attempts at condescending humour are quite sweet, Solanum, and only really add proof to my comment on the Blizz forum.

In Chey's defence, she did raise her hand but was ignore at least twice and others got to speak before her, even though it was her turn before them. IC she would react the way she did, and I'm pretty sure IC is how we are meant to be.

EDIT: Isn't this patch day? Maybe better the day before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am

Arli wrote:OOC

Your attempts at condescending humour are quite sweet, Solanum, and only really add proof to my comment on the Blizz forum.

In Chey's defence, she did raise her hand but was ignore at least twice and others got to speak before her, even though it was her turn before them. IC she would react the way she did, and I'm pretty sure IC is how we are meant to be.

He actually looked up the age at which children are able to understand how to wait their turn, which is around the age of three, basic scientific facts, not condescending. The fact you have to bring up your nasty post in what is supposed to be a recruitment thread again, meh. Solanum said he was going to ignore it, and so am I.

And I was there, the first in line was a man from a guild called Falconwing... something, second up was a magister, Xavier. And during his turn, Cheyene was already blurting out all kind of things that were NOT relevant to the topic Xavier brought up. If anyone else did speak up during that time, it was probably relevant to the topic at hand, or we said something about it and would have asked them to wait their turn as well. Cheyene did not however have enough patience to wait until it -was- her turn, because the char left in a hissy fit before we got there. We're not going to run after her, no. And besides, I believe Cheyene was already gone before you entered the meeting, so unless you were there in stealth before or something, I find it very hard to see what your basis for all of this is, besides what someone else told you, and I can take a wild guess on who told you, but that would be speculation.

There is not really much of a reason to state it was not like I said it, our chairman keeps great track of whom raised their hand first, and gives them turns accordingly, I saw no flaw in what he did and saw it to be consistent with the order in which the 'raises hand' emotes were made.

Last edited by Emrys on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 am

OOC:

My post wasn't nasty, just a light-hearted jibe at a statement in the recruitment thread bearing in mind he does have rather a habit of posting walls of ranting text on this forum akin to Faylum on the blizz ones.

And yes, I was there, not on Arli, but I was there. I am pretty sure others raised their hand after and got addressed before Chey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am

I am pretty sure the two that came before her, were in fact before her. Smile And I have never seen Kris skip a beat at keeping order in this kind of situation. If he said Xavier could speak first, he probably raised his hand first. From my memory, and oddly enough from that of the other councilors as well, I think this was consistent with the order in which the /raise hand emotes were made.
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 am

Oh please come on people. Do we have to do this. Im sorry I posted.
I was just raising IC opinion, nothing OOC or personal to anyone. I don't know ANY of you OOC.
Chey was actually second to raise her hand and was ignored/overlooked. I expected this to be honest when I saw the heavy council representation by Vengeful.
I didn't have a "hissy fit" I left quietly (possibly with an IC parting shot from Chey).when I saw the way it was going to be. Thats all.

I wish people would realise that I am NOT Chey, Chey is not Sabien which is the character people seem to have the problem with. And I am NOT Sab either. I dont play as me..I mean whoever heard of a jewish bloodelf?
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

Could you two play out your personal grievances somewhere else? >_>
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:50 am

Very sorry for this, erwtenpeller, but I cannot ignore this bullshit that gets thrown our way every time we simply disagree with someone... I just see so many inconsistencies my lawyer mind can hardly even compute anymore @.@

Cheyene wrote:Oh please come on people. Do we have to do this. Im sorry I posted.
I was just raising IC opinion, nothing OOC or personal to anyone. I don't know ANY of you OOC.
Chey was actually second to raise her hand and was ignored/overlooked. I expected this to be honest when I saw the heavy council representation by Vengeful.
I didn't have a "hissy fit" I left quietly (possibly with an IC parting shot from Chey).when I saw the way it was going to be. Thats all.

I wish people would realise that I am NOT Chey, Chey is not Sabien which is the character people seem to have the problem with. And I am NOT Sab either. I dont play as me..I mean whoever heard of a jewish bloodelf?

[H / Blood Elf] 5th meeting of the 3rd Silvermoon Council. 27 August 2012 at 21:00 GMT+1 Phoenix-wright-objection

1. The Vengeful Councilors do not get to decide whom comes first, that is what the chairman does. Nor do we ignore the issues brought up by anyone. I think this is somewhat insulting. Kris said Xavier was second, so Xavier was second, my character had no reason to act otherwise upon that notion, nor did anyone else.

2. I said your character left in what looked like a hissy fit quite clearly, not you. Yes, I know you are not your character, I am not a moron.

3. I do not give a damn about whom your other characters are, in what way did I respond to your person as a whole? I said what I saw from your character, I responded the way my character would have responded to your message here when it was cleared up you meant that IC.

4. When -you- saw how it was going to be? Alright, why are we getting accused for not keeping things in character then?

Really, I do not want all of this nonsense...
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aladras Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 am

why is this even a thing. is this an argument really over how someone was told to shut up IC?
-IC-.
This is like the third time now in the space of three or so weeks that the rpers here are taking ic situations to hurt them oocly.

and can i ask something. do you guys see, icly and oocly, as the blood knights more like guards or a 'secret police'? because if not the latter, then i think that a secret police would be something pretty understandable as it is a totalitarian state where the leaders are so desperate to repair the damage done that those who break the rules or protest are brainwashed or threatened to be 'exterminated'.

but i would like to hear you guys's opinion on it and who would even be this secret police. it is already an actual crime to insult any blood knight as you all probably know

and on a note about that blood knight violence complaint...
hehehehehe, arli...

Spoiler:

Aladras
Aladras

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 am

You've taken it all out of context. Look I apologise unreservedly if Ive offended someone and can assure you it was not intentional.

Im not accusing anyone of anything.
Yes I left the meeting as OOC the RP wasn't my type of thing thats all, but I left IC though as it was more appropriate.

That is all, honestly. No pokes or digs or accusations and Ive apologised if it was taken that way.

Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aladras Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 am

and in that cheyene person's defence, i believe he or she meant that the words were not literally IC but put from their characters view. much like one would go:

'I'm wondering where i could go in silvermoon to see some magisters, i haven't found any. anyone know where they are, or who i could contact?'

(Person playing a magister hater): 'there's not as many as there used to be, thank belore. they've caused me lots of problems, good riddance! haha but really, there are some called: (insertname)'

i really don't think they meant to sound intentionally rude here

Last edited by Aladras on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Aladras
Aladras

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

Ive never posted on the Blizz forum
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

@Cheyenne (gah, a few posts made it's way inbetween, I ment to respond to your apology) That is very decent of you. I did not feel offended whatsoever about anything you said, except for perhaps accusations of the Vengeful not being impartial, I can say with certainty that none of the Councilors with that guildtag have anything against any of your characters IC, I doubt they have even met them besides Cheyene, whom merely made a certain impression on us IC, which did cause them to raise an eyebrow, but not a great deal more.

Let's shake hands on it then, eh? Smile

@Aladras, I am sure Valdahlerion and Kristeas would love to discuss that with you, the Blood Knights are not really my field of expertise in belfy lore xD
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aladras Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:31 am

oh i made a mistake that was arli sorry
Aladras
Aladras

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 am

Seems that certain people seem to kick off whenever I or Chey post pretty much anything. Won't stop me posting, I want to join in discussions and frankly, half page rants don't really get read by me. If you take offence to what I say OOC, then apologies, I'm not here to take OOC digs - but Arli will take IC digs and I'm not apologising for him Smile

@Alandras - I see them (IC and OOC) as a cross between the military and the regular police force. Called in to keep law and order and also to defend Quel'thalas. OOC I think they are a brilliant concept and love that we have a BK guild in Silvermoon. As for Arli, well IC, he hates them for the very reason that they are law and order and one of the few authorities he has to obey, which irritates him immensely. But if they are indeed like secret police, well that really makes it all the more exciting for roleplay! So yeah, love to hear what others think on the subject because if so, Arli was treading on thin ice with his comments to the BK training the other night. I will of course roleplay along with whatever the concensus is wrt interpretation of lore.

However, I would prefer those that roleplayed law-enforcing BKs to actually be in the BK guild else it can be any tosser throwing on his level 50 quest tabard to throw his weight around just because he doesn't like someone ooc. Play a BK under a different guild tag, secondment perhaps, but don't go trying to arrest people because they piss you off as imho, that seems unfair.

Last edited by Arli on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 am

I want to join in discussions and frankly, half page rants don't really get read by me. If you take offence to what I say OOC, then apologies, I'm not here to take OOC digs - but Arli will take IC digs and I'm not apologising for him

exactly this.

I love the idea of a "secret police" as Arli says a lot more exciting and very true to the Sin'Dorei ethic of oppression and the nearest thing to pure fascism in Azeroth.
I too will go with any RP scenario that this throws up.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next