Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan

+27
Cid
Spyre
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Yodar
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Wubeh
Voice of the People
Maurudin
Kil'drakor
Gunnell
Torukan
(Goggy) - Exilius
Whiston Farley
Hellvern/Ben
Lexius
Jomir
Cathee Norris
Raelo/Lucanor
Nargumi
Gogol
Zhakiri
Krogon Devilstep
Jayse
Kozgugore Feraleye
Teebo
Dorik Thunderbelly
31 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Empty Re: The Campaign in Khaz' Modan

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:40 pm

You might want to contact Araphea on that matter, Hell. It's something we're taking care of as we speak!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Some pics of the last battle on Wetlands.

High-Marshal Thunderbelly commanding a group of Mountaineers:
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Wowscrnshot040910193755

Second group in line formation:
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Wowscrnshot040910193330

Fear the Mountaineer Razz
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Wowscrnshot040910201241

Victorious March to Loch Modan:
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Wowscrnshot040910201446

Up the hills!
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Wowscrnshot040910201649

Thanks all for coming Smile
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Although the Horde has been driven from the Gates at Dun Algaz the menace of the Horde still hangs over the heads of Khaz' Modan. A mighty Dwarven army has dug themselves in among the tunnels at the gate of Dun Algaz while the Orcish Horde regroups for their final push towards Dun Algaz. Victory here would greatly impede the Horde offensive, defeat would mean that the Dwarven heartlands are open for attack.

The time for a decisive battle draws near...

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Battlemap3.th

((Thanks everyone for participating so far, hope all are having a good time so far, set up my msn again with Koz so communication will be smoother, thank you Orcs for having the patience to bear with me trough this.))
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Oh don't fret, we have our ways of getting to Wetlands, the only issue would be communications.
It appears goven the situation with the bridge etc, its more difficult to leave Wetlands than enter it.
Otherwise I believe the Taurens will be fine. Currently the three Tribes HQ is based in Ratchet where we all meet. And the Blacktotem (Hellvern in particular) have had dealings with Goblins whom have also taught him engineering (for a very expensive price!) So getting to Wetlands will not be a big an issue as we think. Though it will be dangerous, and the amount of Tauren that can be transported to Wetlands will be small. We will get round to our purpose there once we have arrived in Wetlands.

The purpose of the Tauren taking part is simple.
A: They want to make sure their ties with the Orcs remain strong.
B: Doing it out of honor in the name of the Horde.
C: Can't let the opportunity to bang heads together pass!
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Problem is, most players around here can make up some excuse to venture down there and participate in the actual bashing.

But I figure, this is for now a Closed event and storyline plot with the DRS and Red Blades, They know whom gets there and whom doesnt, in order to keep things balanced. :X
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:43 pm

I doubt we are planning to get involved in a major way here, but since the Gnomes have come in on the Dwarves side, then its perhaps only right that the Orcs gain some sort of allies to help deal with the Gnomes.

I already have plans to talk with the Gnomes, more than likely we will make up some small events which have no real affect on the main campaign. Just small missions for the fun of it for both sides. By looks only 5 tauren may turn out for this.

We also have a fairly good excuse to join in if you ask me, and its no major contribution, its not like Cairne is bringing all the tribes in, or SGE is coming in, its a group of minor guilds of only a few players.
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:51 pm

The Gnomes lives in Khaz Modan, just as the Dwarves. So them comming in to the picture is not very odd.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Though neither is the Taurens coming onto side of their Orcish allies odd, they are apart of the Horde. The current situation of the Tauren sector, is they are heavily reliant on the orcs. So the war has sparked interest in various Tauren of the Grimtotem, Blacktotem and Mistrunners who are eager to lend a hand in supplying and helping their orcish brethren. So they will send a few Tauren to make themselves feel better, help the orcs and maintain good relations with them.

Afterall, the current Tauren involved owe the Orcs a lot for various times they have helped them, historically (Thrall and Cairne) and presently.

You can also compare it to Real world conflicts, and i have a list of wars the country i was born in has sent troops into out of good will, relations etc and never really had any actual ties to the conflict, and these wars could be on the other side of the globe.

We have been thinking about this for some time. We are just awaiting our allies approval since the Taurens cannot enter without orcish consent etc.
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Mind you, we only were present 4 people (3 lvl 80s) at the first battle, and 3 (2 lvl 80s) at the second of whom of course none healer, so it isn't really like we need a lot of compensation to make it fair. However, about 5 Tauren like you said shouldn't be such a problem, and it would be great to support the at the moment quite absent Tauren rp.
I'm looking forward to killing you! Very Happy
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Dorik and I had agreed upon the gnomes and tauren joining in even before this campaign had officially started.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Then there's no reason to conflict, FOR THE HORDE!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 pm

The Decisive battle draws near!

Ironforge musters its might to defend its Heartland from the orcish onslaught in a last dich defence.

the Orcs of the red blade sharpen their blades for righteouss revenge, in the name of the horde!

who will win!?

place your bets now with krogon's betting shop!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Darn, there be no Tauren Warcraft 2 units....
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 am

Wc3 D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Heres a little update.

The Tauren contribution to the war effort in the Wetlands have arrived. After a slow process of disembarking and getting past treacherous sites that could sink the small boats they had to use to get on land they have finally made their way to the Orcish camps.

Preparation for operations has begun.
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Today I witnessed the most appauling RP skirmish ever, and lost about 90% of my respect for OotRB, they call RP gear your pvp gear with a wolf helm, or full pvp gear, how is it fair then for Dwarves who HAVE to have RP gear on, to get owned in 5 seconds because you have dirty little rogues and DK's who have 30k hp, absolutely disgraceful

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Krogon, Khan, Skar something, all using pvp gear right now, and now your /dancing, what RP is this?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

This is just sad to be honest.
Took a quick pick at some Orcish armory and saw the level 80 PvP capes, that later go /hidden on the display menu.

I'm wondering if this is still for the sake of the RP or for some E-peen matter...
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 pm

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan - Page 2 Popcorn_soda

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm

We made sure we had solely rp gear on. And limited what abilities we used and tried not to target any lowbies. Eventually this indeed turned to pvp gear. (some pvp gear was kept on but something then would have to be downsized. For instance I had a lvl 80 pve cape, but i used a lvl 20 gun).

If you want to become aggravated over the turn of events, the reason we turned to pvp gear is because we were informed that the Dwarves would be using pvp gear, eventually this smoothed out to a mix of both when it appeared you were returning to rp gear. During the latter parts of the battle, the pvp geared players were there specifically to target pvp geared Dwarves.

Another thing, on countless occasions Dwarves decided to, after ressing, either heal up and attack in pvp gear, or stand in front of the orcs of even walk. I am afraid you cannot complain about appauling behavior from our side when that was quite OOC. Come on, lets be reasonable, we have not arisen in arms over this towards you, because we know we probably sucked at some things during the event.
(You also had your own rogues picking of Orcs. And I never saw Krogon dancing and i was there the entire time. So please unless you have a pic to prove this do stop.)

I am afraid whatever problems you have to spill here it is more than likely the Dwarven side also have faults. All is fair in war.

To conclude, stop complaining, this was all for the sake of RP. Pvp geared members were checked and maintained. The two sides are both equal over any such issues, and I bet have similar problems with the other. Please let the issue drop as such flaming is no real way to end any sort of rp-pvp event!

Both sides had faults. Lets leave it at that.

On a lighter note, thank you to both sides for the rp-pvp event! It was alot of fun, and certainly adds a new element to this campaign. The question is for me, how will the Dwarves react in an attempt to dispel the Horde from their lands! What type of warfare will be enacted, and how long can the Horde keep this up so deep inside enemy territory?
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

As with every event, there's someone who complains afterwards because he got killed or the event didn't go the way he wanted it to be. Let's just admit it, most of us (with the exception of very few admirable people who do all this for the sake of fun and RP) dislike losing. And as soon as we lose, we start complaining about certain matters more quickly than if we don't.

Before the Horde even bothered to move out, I double-checked with Dorik what our numbers were, what the rules were and whether everyone was upholding the RP gear rule. I informed him that every one of our orcs, except for a certain Death Knight, was in RP gear. The Death Knight in question didn't have any RP gear, so we made him remove all trinkets and jewellery and made him carry an RP weapon. This is something we have seen a dwarf do in the past on at least two events as well, so I don't see this as any reason to complain about.

After the first charge, which turned out quite a close call as most orcs were in fact dead and I thought we had lost at first, we aimed to rectify a few problems. One of our rogues turned out to be in PvP gear because it had been summoned in at the last minute and didn't catch the rules along. Another dwarven rogue, however, was spotted in PvP gear as well. In fact, even though I spent some time removing our rogue's PvP gear and sorting a few other orcs out, I saw the dwarven rogue running around in his PvE gear without end, eventually even a paladin joining him as well.

We carried on, and eventually switched to PvP gear for the hell of it. Because our numbers had been pretty much equal since the beginning (yes, Dorik and me counted), it would be a fair game. Still the Horde won, however, and whether or not I had some dwarves complaining about us "zerging" in, you can't really say that standing on top of every single exit of the tunnel is a very "fair' tactic either. You use any tactic you can use to your advantage, so will we. That's warfare for you.

After the PvP-geared fight, some of the dwarves switched back to RP gear. Although the reason for this remains a mystery for me, I suggested to Dorik that we could switch back to RP gear as well. This didn't seem to be necessary, however, and some of the dwarves still remained in their PvP gear as well. Nevertheless, however, most of us switched back to RP gear right then, and even got to pay the price for it by some AoEing dwarf hunters in PvE/P gear. Add to that the dwarves who simply "walked" through and in front of us while we expected them to run and regroup, and eventually even blueshielding and /chickening and /lolling in front of us, and you can place your question marks with your own guild as well. I was -very- disappointed with some dwarves, but to me, that at least doesn't mean that I seek to condemn the entire guild. I still hold a lot of dwarves in high regard and especially pity Dorik for having to deal with the kind of people who I heard saw the need to bail out, OOC and even leave the guild.

Conclusion? Don't blindly accuse the entire raid just because of some "incidents" with only a select amount of people. If I were to do that, I would have called death and destruction upon the entire DRS already myself. Get your priorities and facts straight, and in case I missed any more problems or grudges here or in case there are any more matters of OOCing or unfair gearing that I'm to know of, take it to either me or Dorik with exact names and situations so we can properly sort it out. Sending flames in whispers on some alt isn't going to help you.

On a side note, I enjoyed the event, and I think a lot of orcs did too. Thanks for showing up, regardless of drama.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 pm

The event was quite fun, regardless of the poor behaviour of certain individuals on both sides. Kozgugore pretty much nailed it, so I won't digress further about any of that.

Anyway; thanks for the organizers for putting this together. It was a nice setting to do some old-fashioned RP-PvP. The narrow passage provided with some interesting tactical challenges. I didn't quite understand how dwarves got back on the tunnel exit after we drove them back, however. Things like that really make me wonder if it's more about winning than enacting a battle for some -- which is a pity. Frost-trap spams and whatnot seemed a bit disruptive; atleast from our side.

Anyway, I am hoping on some more dwarven feedback. Go Horde!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:42 pm

I like to walk after ressing. Some people in OotRB I'm friendly with so I sometimes want to /wave or something. No point using an "Thats OOC" argument as its not IC to come back to life and go past the entire enemy army anyways. All in all I had an alright time and wish to thank Dorik and Koz for all the effort they are putting into this campaign.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Where do you mean, Gnash? There are like 6 exits
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't mind walking away and doing a little wave or the likes, but some were simply standing there doing all kinds of crazy-ass emotes, even freeze-trapping or the like, while we were trying to RP things out. In the end, there's a line that's drawn somewhere out there, really.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next