Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan

+27
Cid
Spyre
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Yodar
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Wubeh
Voice of the People
Maurudin
Kil'drakor
Gunnell
Torukan
(Goggy) - Exilius
Whiston Farley
Hellvern/Ben
Lexius
Jomir
Cathee Norris
Raelo/Lucanor
Nargumi
Gogol
Zhakiri
Krogon Devilstep
Jayse
Kozgugore Feraleye
Teebo
Dorik Thunderbelly
31 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Empty The Campaign in Khaz' Modan

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 pm

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan.

The Orcish Armada has landed upon the shores of Khaz' Modan. Eager to engage into battle again the Orcs constructed ships of war to bear them across the Great Sea. The Orcish warriors yearned for the souds of battle to fill the air and looked at the Dwarven lands for new blood to spill.

The Dwarves of Khaz' Modan made haste to prepare for the onslaught, while bluderbusses and cannons were being loaded, others armed themselves with dwarven steel and plate.

Now the time is at hand, now the opportunity for a staggering victory lies ahead, for both sides...

The frontline so far:

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Battlemap1.th
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Empty Re: The Campaign in Khaz' Modan

Post by Teebo Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:06 am

Looking good, Dorik! Rekindling such sweet Warcraft II memories with those colourful units and the intro passage... <3

If the Tinker's Court is able to spare enough troops and support gnomes for your campaign then it will be an honour to fight besides (or behind -- Battle Chickens don't operate themselves you know! Unless it's the Mark IV but even they tend to go walkies now and then) such stout dwarves in the defence of the King's lands!

For Gnomeregan!

/salute
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:41 am

Indeed, very nicely made! Hope we can see plenty more as a result of some nice RP to come, too.

As for the current report on things, note that any dwarf scouts or the like that may get close to the place may find that we've set up camp in the crag to the north, where there are small tents and the like hidden in the crag and on the plateau of the mountain, and the entrance to the camp is currently reinforced with wooden pikes to repel any mounted attacks.

A more IC write-up from the Horde will surely follow!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

"War has never been so much fun"
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 pm

The Sooner i get to go on my Dwarf hunting trips the better Very Happy got a map to turn CRIMSON.

**Mad Cackle**
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Rofl, I want to hump you Dorik....
<_<
>_>

It's awesome! Those cute Wc2 grunts, D'aawww! <3
Keep this awesomeness going, dwarves and orcs alike! Wink

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Epic_b10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Wowey! I like it, sure to keep a close eye on these proceedings \o/

Last edited by Nygarth/Rir'rae on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Fer Mother Khaz Modan!
The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Lenin460
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Nargumi Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Really, this is once again great idea. If only I had more time...
Nargumi
Nargumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Nargumi wrote:Really, this is once again great idea. If only I had more time...

Squids need not apply!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 am

From their base in the north of the Wetlands, the Orcs have repeatedly beaten back Dwarven troops and ravaged the surrounding farmlands.

Following their defeat at the Sundown Marsh, the Dwarves and their Gnomish allies were forced to retreat East, across the Green Belt to a secondairy encampment at the Mosshide Fen. The Orcs, hoping the push the Dwarves even futher back into Khaz'Modan have set up a forward outpost on the blacked, burned remains of the former Dwarves' positions.

The frontline so far:

The Campaign in Khaz' Modan Battlemap2.th
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:02 am

Now based heavily at the ruined mill in the centre of the marsh, the Red blade orc's have begun sending raiding patrols toward the southern road in an attempt to strangle the supply line between Dun Algaz and menethil harbor. the raiding party's are small and elusive and generall avoid large dwarven groups.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:05 am

The Gnomes of the Federation have retreated their infantry back to Ironforge and are waiting there to see how the situation will develop further. Now and then a Gnomish aircraft can still be seen scouting the area, but no bombs are thrown at the Orcish encampments below for a still unknown reason. Perhaps that big explosion at the airfield had something to do with it?
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 am

While small orc war bands attempt to raid unguarded or lightly defended convoys and caravans along the road, small scouting parties may be seen heading further inland towards the east. In fact, word has it that they may even set up a small, hidden camp somewhere nearby Raptor Ridge. Anyone who dares venture close, however, may risk to end up with an arrow in the neck...

On a more OOC side note, my apologies to the gnomes (as well as any other dwarves who left early) during the event yesterday. We tried to go easy on our action bars with all the RP gear flying about and all that, but compared to our previous encounter on the beach, we simply hadn't expected such smaller resistance.

Rest assured that next time, we aim to even things up and make the fights last for a little longer. I believe Dorik will be setting up a post with some guide lines on how to RP-PvP in RP gear soonish. We aim to make these events fun for both sides, after all.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 pm

I personally had a lot of fun as long as it lasted, but indeed there were in my opinion two factors that made it less than it could've been:
-lack of healers on our side (damn you Blizzard, for not giving gnome priests from the start!)
-lack of guidelines and control about the gear on both sides (people with 28k health in 'rp gear')

I hope those two problems can be solved so everyone will have a more enjoyable battle next time Very Happy
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:While small orc war bands attempt to raid unguarded or lightly defended convoys and caravans along the road, small scouting parties may be seen heading further inland towards the east. In fact, word has it that they may even set up a small, hidden camp somewhere nearby Raptor Ridge. Anyone who dares venture close, however, may risk to end up with an arrow in the neck...

On a more OOC side note, my apologies to the gnomes (as well as any other dwarves who left early) during the event yesterday. We tried to go easy on our action bars with all the RP gear flying about and all that, but compared to our previous encounter on the beach, we simply hadn't expected such smaller resistance.

Rest assured that next time, we aim to even things up and make the fights last for a little longer. I believe Dorik will be setting up a post with some guide lines on how to RP-PvP in RP gear soonish. We aim to make these events fun for both sides, after all.

My dear Koz'! I do believe Anrim posted that on the realm forum some months back, very neat ones!
But tbh, orc rp-gear pvp fails, you're so naked. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Me and Dorik have discussed some of our own terms. And fighting naked is usually the very key to our success.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Mhm I'll repeat my question to try to get it back on track again:

As for the whole event, it does seem quite interesting. I'm curious, do you have gear restrictions so everyone can participate or how is it?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:Mhm I'll repeat my question to try to get it back on track again:

As for the whole event, it does seem quite interesting. I'm curious, do you have gear restrictions so everyone can participate or how is it?

I'll write down a review of what I have encountered with DRS and the Cult.

RP-gear, wpvp;
You use your roleplaying gear. If you are a melee, and use lvl 80 weapons, you remove rings, trinkets, necklaces and wrist.
If you have low level weapons, you may keep them on.
Healers are allowed to keep theirs, since they are those keeping the fight alive, rp-gear pvp have the aim to have a realistic battle that actually lasts. Harmful casters are to remove trinkets etc aswell, if they really do not feel like using rp gear (many casters do this, it seems.) They can use low levels versions of their magical abilities.

There obviously is more, and what I have written here might no longer even be up-to-date. But that's what I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:55 am

I must say the first event between us definately affected the amount who turned up for the second event, the atmosphere was not good at all and morale was low.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:15 am

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:I must say the first event between us definately affected the amount who turned up for the second event, the atmosphere was not good at all and morale was low.
I don't see what went wrong at the first event. The amount of wins/losses ended up pretty equal. However, I must say I noticed some dwarves were online at the time of both events, but weren't present at the event itself. I'm not one to judge, but it does leave me pondering at times how important the Alliance deem events, cause it's not the first time I see that on Alliance-sided guilds. On the Horde side, events are pretty much a necessity to show up on.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:
Jomir Howlhammer wrote:I must say the first event between us definately affected the amount who turned up for the second event, the atmosphere was not good at all and morale was low.
I don't see what went wrong at the first event. The amount of wins/losses ended up pretty equal. However, I must say I noticed some dwarves were online at the time of both events, but weren't present at the event itself. I'm not one to judge, but it does leave me pondering at times how important the Alliance deem events, cause it's not the first time I see that on Alliance-sided guilds. On the Horde side, events are pretty much a necessity to show up on.

really? o_o' i thought it was quite balanced gear wise, though the dwarves had a 'small' numbers advantage.

suppose it was just one of those things that 'happens'. i would put down our victory's to our large number of warriors, Bladestorm in mass when we charge gives us the edge, but when ten DRS hunters get to shoot us all up first, traps and all when -they- charge... they have the edge. just a case who attacks first i imagine.

And yes i concur with kozzle, From my own experiences alliance are more slack with events whereas horde Roleplayers who are based around the racial guilds are more zealous with event attendance.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:34 pm

The rp-pvp gear discussion has been moved to the new thread linked below to keep this one clean. So please do not continue that discussion in this thread do so in the new one. Thanks

New Rp-pvp gear thread
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvern/Ben Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Any chance the teamed up Tauren rpers can have a show in on this?
Hellvern/Ben
Hellvern/Ben

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 pm

If the Taurens wasn't with the Orcs on their ship(s?), they'd have a really hard time joining in now.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next