Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Stormwind in crisis

+22
Gogol
Sanara
Meralynn / Ashla
Exigua
Jomir
Aadaria-Ioanna
Nayan
Tachal
Etular
Feint
Quin
Elízabéth Moren
Jayse
Kristeas Sunbinder
(Goggy) - Exilius
Rentarn
Dharum
Halya
Lavian
Gunnell
Ledgic
Lilath
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] Stormwind in crisis Empty [A] Stormwind in crisis

Post by Lilath Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Vital Statistics
When: TBA
Where: Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest; Fray Island, Barrens
How: A disease will outbreak in Stormwind City, forcing all healthy people to quarantine the city and relocate. The infected will be forced to stay behind in a deserted city, where, due to disease and desperation, will either fight everyone in sight or band together in groups and fight eachother. The clean, led by alchemists, mages and commanders, will attempt to find a cure and retake the city.
Duration: Weeks, maybe.
Intervenients: Casual roleplayers of Stormwind, The Disciples of Light, The Old Town Syndicate, The Stormwind Rangers, The Stormwind Council So far, and hopefully a lot more.]

Overview
A boat of diseased sailors and food goods docks in Stormwind City after a detour near Stranglethorn Vale. Little do they know that they have all contracted Cognizance Septicity, passing it on to their goods and the rats present in the boat. Being an airborne agent, it quickly spread to the city. As cases of "brainrot" - as it was colloquially named - rise, Stormwind priests and medics reach the disturbing conclusion that the disease was highly contagious. Its victims suffer rashes, insomnias, pain, waking nightmares, and the most intense symptom of all, dementia. Patients turn on their healers and others, and make it nigh impossible to contain the disease. In an effort to prevent more contamination, the King (with the help of the Council) orders the city to be quarantined, gather all the not-infected and take refuge on the Fray Island, the most improbable location for the Vivianne - the contaminated ship - to have docked.
Alchemists and mages start studying the disease right away, hoping to find a cure, and the healthy military forces are led by paladins to take samples from various locations, objects and even infected people in Stormwind City. The days go by in Fray Island and news of more cases of brainrot come from the coastal Alliance towns: Westfall, Southshore, Menethil Harbour. The pressure is immense, but after much effort - often thwarted by cultists - the physicians discover a cure. It is promptly produced and distributed to the infected and the pandemic comes to an end. Stormwind suffers some mild damage from the confusion, but life returns to normal after it is repaired.

Cognizance Septicity
Commonly known as brainrot, cognizance septicity is a airborne disease responsible for most cases of aggression on Stranglethorn gorillas. The main symptoms are psychopathological and drives the victims of brainrot to degrade to their most primal state. The infected start by showing signs of mistrust, angst and isolation, while physically they show rashes and a fever. One a later stage, they turn to full fledged misanthropes and attempt to create conflict with anyone and everyone. Fever, rashes and insomnia. The final stage is when they are reduced to only being able to talk with short sentences and grunts, have no regard for their integrity and are reduced to their most basic survival tool: flight-or-fight response. Physically, they are feverish, insomniac and itching. If and when cured, the disease leaves no permanent damage, neither physical or psychologically.

The Infected
The ones left behind due to already being infected will be isolated inside Stormwind City, and instinctively fight eachother. It is possible that they band into groups, being led by an alpha male. From this stage on they can attack as a group. The infected only attack out of fear, hate or pathological aggression. To feed, they find regular food like fruit, cereals and meat, they do not eat eachother. The fights for territory are constant and it is common for a group to stay in one designated place as their "throne" or "base" inside that territory. Parties in search for samples of the disease may also be the target for assaults. Facing any danger, infected may also flee if they are intimidated with, for example, fire, large numbers of allies or magic. Grouped Infected are less likely to flee though. Mages and other magic users will not be able to cast magic due to the intellect-targeting nature of the disease.

The Cure
Once stranded on Fray Island, the alchemists and mages will start working on a cure. Physicians and priests will report the symptoms and the deliberation will start from there. For the cure, the refugees will need two things: information and samples. The samples are, of course, taken from Stormwind City and require brave parties to go forth and brave the infected and the pestilent air. On their way to Stormwind, they should also be intercepted by the cultists in Duskwood, who wish to harness the power of the disease for themselves. The physicians will require samples of many things, including: blood from an infected, infected rats, infected food, air, water, etc. Gathering all the samples will require many trips to Stormwind, and making sure there are no casualties will require good teamwork. Mages and those less itching to brave an infested city can go to Stranglethorn and obtain information about the sources of the disease. It will be required that they talk to goblins, witch doctors and even bring back a sample of a Stranglethorn gorilla. It is less exciting than going into Stormwind, but much safer. Once the cure is found, it will be spread throughout Stomrwind and the last part of the event will be spent force feeding the antidote on remaining infected. Life will return to normal as soon as repairs and cleansing are done.

This event wont start just yet as a few things needs to be in place before it could start. We would like to have your opinions and possibly suggestions for this idea (Though I can't promise that they'll all fall through!). I believe it could be a nice change for people to RP something slightly different than what everday RP offers. I believe most people do enjoy it when the RP hubs are actually placed outside Stormwind, at least that's what the general feel of it all has been throughout the years.

We are however looking for voulenteers who'd like to play infected people. As many as possible would be awesome! I would like for those of you who want to, to contact me ingame on Lilath either over whisper or send me an ooc mail. Any other questions could also be posed to me ingame ( easier to reach me there, I'm terrible with forums. )

Lilath

Back to top Go down

[A] Stormwind in crisis Empty Re: [A] Stormwind in crisis

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Awesome! It's Zombie Invasion IC style!

If I ever get my hands on gametime, I'm in.

Two questions:
1)King Varian?
2)Paladins?

1) He could own half of this city alone; What is your excuse to NOT get him infected?

2) Immune to most diseases, are able to cure them at early stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:49 pm

And there I was thinking this was mine and Ren's baby. Bloody shadows.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Marrenus wrote:

2) Immune to most diseases, are able to cure them at early stage.

Because that helped Lordaeron amirite?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Was only the original blight I think, no?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Reminds me of Mass Effect 2 moment too... (For those who didn't play - no spoiler for ya!)

Because that helped Lordaeron amirite?

Don't compare chemically developed by the greatest minds of Dalaran (and beyond) over the course of a decade plague that was designed to be a perfect killer and a random fever that appeared outta nowhere.

Besides, we all know what happened during Zombie Plague when a paladin used Cleanse on someone! INSTANT ZOMBIE WTF! xD

Oh and two more questions
3) Death Knights? Immune for obvious reasons.
4) Draenei (Aliens) / non-humans (Possibly Night Elf Druids?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Draenei in particular I'd be interested by, their biological makeup is quite unique to the other races.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Not really, it's just the Hooves and the Horns...

And we all know what one-not-to-be-named-blonde-Cathedral-person does to them. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilath Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:36 pm

To answer your questions.

1. King Varian - the reason for why he's not infected, I imagine would be the fact he's not exactly close by the harbour, and I'd imagine that his advisors and the councillors would inform him of the direness of the situation.

2. Yes, I admit, it's a part I'm not too thrilled about. But, as wowwiki says:
"The Knights of the Silver Hand was the original paladin order. Formed during the Second War, it was at it's height until the time of the Plague. As paladins were immune to the Plague ( and indeed all diseases),(...)" However, the paladins can carry the disease, even if they aren't affected by it.

3. Death Knights are.. well dead, do they ever get sick? I don't think so, so yes, they'd be immune as well.

4. I'm not entirely sure how you came to the conclusion that draenei and flappi- I mean, Night elves should be immune to it? Each race has their own unique biological make up, but that doesn't mean they are immune to being sick. Draenei and Night elves are still a part of the humanoid class, and thus receptible to the disease.

Lilath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Night elves USE to be immune to diseases I think when they were immortal however lost it after they lost the tree.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Interesting idea.

Greedy and Dubious Merchant signing in!

Can also use alt for infected person.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Rentarn here, just posting to say that Ledgic is perhaps the worst parent of this idea ever. All he did was nod to the ideas while he was cyboring in Booty Bay. I mean, really.
Also poppin' in to throw this here:
[A] Stormwind in crisis Event_12

Last edited by Rentarn on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rentarn
Rentarn

Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Rentarn Finje
Title: Surgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Actually let me clarify about Death Knights.

Do they also have to leave (as they are immune) or are they left in the city to loot, rape and pillage unattended, for the time being?

And regarding Night Elves... I did not say ALL Night Elves, I just said druids. They might get some greater resistance or even immunity due to tree hugging being very close to the nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilath Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

The Death Knight issue hasn't really been debated, to be honest, I suspect Rentarn and I ( and Ledgic? ) kind of forgot about them...

As far as the druids go, I wouldn't see it impossible that they have a higher resistance, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are immune to it.

Lilath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Leave them in a deserted city, with an excuse to kill anyone left there (self defence) and to plunder what's left of Stormwind?
*rolls a DK*
Like hell, they're coming with us. And those that don't want to go, because they're not so friendly, will have to be run out anyway for the reasons above.
Rentarn
Rentarn

Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

I just hope I find some game time untill the event is over because it does sound amazing. I only wish there was a GM to re-enable zombie plague just for the hell of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

ZOMBIE EVENT

(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:39 pm

It's like the music was made especially for this event.
Rentarn
Rentarn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:42 pm

The... euh.. dk's carry around diseases themselves so you.. euh.. don't want the brainrot to mutate? *shrug**walks away*
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeargh, whilst a Paladin is pure and immune to illness and disease aswell as not carrying it, the Death Knight can easily be afflicted and most likely will carry it, but he's dead and urrr... Unholy so personally to him/her/it, being ill and all, matters shit xD
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 am

To be honest, love the idea!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 pm

It does sound awesome! I remember the Zombie Plague event on my old realm, I once zombied every mob in Theramore, got a raid group of 40 people who were zombies and tryed to kill Jaina... It didnt end well... She has AoEs apparently, but then it was getting annoying when they spread to every major city and made the AH impossible, and when you coudnt even walk inside your own city without being zombified me and my brothers simply decided to start pwning, so we got a priest with us and actually managed to seal off the Trade District from Zombies, if anyone decided to run in infected we would just Abolish Disease them, and when rats came in my brother would AoE them all and then get cured, so Soul of Sparta yet again, came to the rescue of the Alliance on Haomarush.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Fantastic idea, I think people have come up with something along these lines before but it has never been executed properly. Except for that shitty blizzard zombie event and I'm sure you'll do 5 times better.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feint Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm

This is what I've been waiting for! Something different! Seemingly, it's already planned well. Remember not to give too much information, or you might lose the element of suprise. Let's just hope as many as possible will join in. Me? Ofcourse I'll attend! Very Happy
Feint
Feint

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Lilath wrote:To answer your questions.

1. King Varian - the reason for why he's not infected, I imagine would be the fact he's not exactly close by the harbour, and I'd imagine that his advisors and the councillors would inform him of the direness of the situation.

...And what about his NPC character still remaining in the city? I have a good idea - We could make it so that Old Town, Stormwind Keep and The Dwarvern District are trying to put up a resistance against the plague (for the Dwarvern District, it would make sense for them to stop it from reaching Ironforge - As for the others, we can say that Wrynn was only told by his Advisors after the infection had reached the Trade District). This could give an RP option of people (like Etular Fizzlebomb) being trapped in a certain district and forced to fight for his life or something...
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next