Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military)

+27
Morgeth
Visceril
Coppersocket
Velspeth
Ara
Morinth
Ralegh
Drustai
Samian/Bismack
kal thas
Karlak
Lexgrad
Yarnaat
Braiden
Geneviève
Feydor
Khendran
Zhakiri
Nuraahi
Kittrina
Eodan
Valerias
Rmuffn
Timna
Jayse
Zinkle Figgins
Partridge
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military) Empty [A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military)

Post by Partridge Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:40 pm

[A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military) Banner_small

((Can everyone see the banner or do i need to make it smaller?))

Sorry its OOC, but I'm not the greatest story writer in the world.

Basic information

GUILD: <Stormwind Regiment>
WEB: http://stormwindregiment.proboards.com
FOCUS: Military & Guard Heavy RP
RACES: Human
CLASES: Everything except Warlock
SUMMARY: Human only military/guard guild based in the City of Stormwind, though we do cover the whole of the Kingdom of Stormwind and we also venture into enemy territory when on a military campaign. A loyal and proud part of the Kings military, we work closely with all official institutions in Stormwind.

This is a brand new guild so low on numbers at the minute, but don't let that put you off! See it as a positive, as we are low on numbers, there is a lot of scope to gain a high rank if you work hard and prove yourself as we will need officers and trainers to help train the new recruits etc.

Having said that, while it is a new guild, let it be known that we have had a lot of experience in this field, having been in the Blazing Shields pretty much since the beginning back in 2008 and was temporarily in charge for a time while the leader was away. Now, to many of you the name Blazing Shields might have alarm bells ringing in your head, let me assure everyone now, the members of this guild, including myself had nothing to do with that which went on with them. When i was in charge of the Shields, I feel we held our selves with respect and we always treated people well etc. and I would say because of this we were respected by most, and when I handed the guild control back, we were in a good place. Then after taking a long break from WoW I came back to find the Shields dead, and i was shocked to hear the things people were telling me. Even though, I had nothing to do with all that, I still felt it was very important to listen to everyone and find out as much as I could, so that I could learn from these past mistakes and make sure the Stormwind Regiment would NEVER repeat these mistake. Anyway, I just wanted to get that out as I'm sure people will make comparisons considering this is a new guard/military guild made by previous Shields.

Who we are

The Stormwind Regiment is a heavy roleplaying Stormwind guard/military guild on Defias Brotherhood (EU). We are a roleplaying guild that focuses on military and guard training in things like, discipline, patrols, drills, marches, combat, formations and tactics as well as guard duties and patrols.

You must be a roleplayer or willing to learn roleplay (we will teach you/help you learn) to join.

All infantry recruits (who can wear plate) will be given a uniform once they gain rank of Private (so dont think you can just join, be given a uniform and then leave) - You must be level 59 to wear the uniform, but any levels can join and indeed can be promoted. Check this thread for info about uniforms

*UPDATE: UNIFORMS PROVIDED TO ALL*

Our aim and duty is to enforce the player made laws created by the community itself via the Stormwind Council and create an atmosphere of law and order in the city and surrounding Kingdom (of Stormwind) which is both enjoyable and believable to both the members of the Regiment and the criminals/civilians, but also the rest of the roleplaying community as a whole..

We aim to achieve this by providing role-players with a real sense of guard life in Stormwind through routine duties like patrolling and dealing with the civilian population, giving it a realistic and visible presence within the city and surrounding kingdom, or through interactions with those who role-play as criminals, providing them with the feeling that the law is always there and therefore there is a risk of being caught etc. This gives Stormwind a great atmosphere of being a living breathing city.

We understand also that, as a guild that enforces the law, we may sometimes be seen as being overpowered or unfair. That is why we will listen to all role-players and especially the criminals (on an OOC level) to ensure that role-play between the Regiment and the community should be positive and fair for all.

We take our roleplaying and our part in the community very seriously as well as our attitude towards immersion that contributes positively towards a community of role-players that we as a guild are proud to be a part of. And we proudly open our doors to fellow role-players who are keen to join us, or interact with us in any way.

The Stormwind Regiment want to provide a home for both new and old role-players, as well as those who might be curious about role-play and might feel inclined to give it a try. We welcome those with little to no experience, and aim to educate them in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while at the same time shaping and moulding them into experienced, positive and fair role-players.

On behalf of myself and the entire guild, thank you for reading and we look forward to interacting with you in game.

-Partridge Alanus

Commander of the Stormwind Regiment

Forums - http://stormwindregiment.proboards.com

Last edited by Partridge on Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Partridge
Partridge

Back to top Go down

[A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military) Empty Re: [A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military)

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Good luck, I really hope this works out for you.

EDIT: Do you plan to use the CC as a base even though it's oozing with OOCness or will you use somewhere else, like Stockades?

Back to top Go down

[A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military) Empty Re: [A-RP] <Stormwind Regiment> (Stormwind Guards & Military)

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I see you're finally back, contact me in game!
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Partridge Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Ahh thanks Smile I've been very pleased at the surprisingly very positive feedback I've been getting off people while I was setting this up, I say surprisingly because, as I was pretty much the only active Shield, I was getting a lot of hate from a lot of people <.<

Ohh and special thanks to Exaythe who was key in my decision to go ahead with this Smile

And Zinkle I have been meaning to contact you, and will get onto it right away. You guys and indeed the rest of the criminal community are key to making this thing work and I'm sure we will work well (OOC'ly of course xD ) together and come up with some good stuff. Obviously knowing you, I know you come up with some awesome idea's etc. and anything you think you would like us to be involved in, I would be happy to.
Partridge
Partridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:21 pm

^^
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:46 am

We'll see where this goes.. if it passes correctly and after some stuff being fixed, I might just join on my medic! Very Happy
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:49 am

Timna wrote:We'll see where this goes.. if it passes correctly and after some stuff being fixed, I might just join on my medic! Very Happy

You only say that because today you remembered her and found her interesting again. Razz

Anyway, you guys, yes you, good luck. Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:52 am

I remember the Shields doing really well beneath you, Partridge. I wish you great luck - it'll be good to have a solid guard guild in the city again!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Partridge Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 am

Valerias wrote:I remember the Shields doing really well beneath you, Partridge. I wish you great luck - it'll be good to have a solid guard guild in the city again!

Thanks for the support & kind words Smile Means a lot.

Timna wrote:We'll see where this goes.. if it passes correctly and after some stuff being fixed, I might just join on my medic! Very Happy

What do you mean by this? What do you think needs to be fixed? If you let me know I'll sort it, would love to have you Smile

Paragus wrote:Good luck, I really hope this works out for you.

EDIT: Do you plan to use the CC as a base even though it's oozing with OOCness or will you use somewhere else, like Stockades?

Yeah, so far it hasnt been too bad at all really, obviously a lot more people go in there than before, but even back when it was the old CC people would run in and whatnot so....Like I said, we've been using it and its been fine. Though I did want to move to the SI:7 building at first, but when I enquired as to its use, I found that it is still being used (by the SI:7 guys obviously xD), but now after using the CC for a little while, im perfectly fine with it. Im one of those RPers who can quite easily ignore the OOCers unless they are being REALLY over the top and trying to ruin things. But the odd idiot running about and dancing on a table, I can ignore that xD

Partridge
Partridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:52 am

Aye and as I said, if you need SI7 for anything just get in touch, and we will do the same et etat vica versa (pigeon latin/french ftw).

I was walking around rping in stormwind last night with some music on and to be honest, it's not as 'bad' as people are making it out to be. Wink Just get in there and RP!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 am

I -so- approve of this. I don't know you at all, Partridge, but I've seen many project just fade off at the first sign of an obstacle. Persevere and you'll end up on top!

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to perhaps meet you in game one day!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 am

People make a big deal over how omg awful Stormwind is, but having been running the Pig & Whistle as a IC bar for about a month now, it's not really half as bad as people make out. Hard not to feel like there's a little snobbishness/apprehension now and then about interacting with the unknown/unwashed masses.

Look forwards to bumping into you guys ICly, good stuff! Very Happy
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuraahi Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:35 am

I find it encouraging people atleast try to Roleplay, because I've seen worse. There's a Goon Squad-spoof with an RSP active somewhere in Orgrimmar. My eyes were set ablaze and I felt the cold chill of Quit creep through my spine. Then I saw that Super-Tauren NPC kill a Shadow of the Nine-member.

- I lol'ed.
Nuraahi
Nuraahi

Character sheet
Name: Riuu
Title: Lady of Arcane Ascension

Back to top Go down

Post by Partridge Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 am

Hehe, well, I'm pretty much a regular at the Pig & Whistle, its a wonder you havent seen me, or maybe you have, Im terrible with names, I'm always in there LATE in the wee hours of the morning so thats maybe why. And yeah, I don't think Stormwind is too bad myself, just a bit quieter maybe, but with the Lady Proudmoore navy guys down at docks and the Pig & Whistle and ourselves usually RPing around SW there's usually something going on.

Yolun - Thanks matey and indeed hopefully we will meet, if you (or anyone for that matter xD) see me around, dont be shy! I'm always chatting to random people I meet.

And Jayse - Of course, I will be holding you to that offer hehe No doubt we will require your services in the future.

Gazzek - haha I did that myself on my little Troll alt, I used to kill him for linen and copper before cata and I didnt realise he'd been changed. He one shotted my arse and no matter what the Shadow of Nine guy said or says he DID feel stupid <.<
Partridge
Partridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuraahi Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:55 am

He's a tricky bastard, damn straight. Although it's good to see someone still has interest for the safety and order of the streets in Stormwind. Seriously, with only the Chapter and the Priesty-folk controllin' things, it grows messy. I had to beat up a pair of Death Knights in Darkshire 'cause I thought they were assaultin' a dude. Turns out the dude had attacked them first! I tell, it's a Mad-house nowadays. Orgrimmar sees more control and order than Stormwind and surroundings. I'm just saying, you know. Garrosh. It's a wonder Orgrimmar didn't devour itself.

P.S.-
When I say law and order, I do not refer to /say-chat, as it is heavily bombarded by many, many different perspectives on WoW-Gaming.
And I told him to feel stupid, too.
Nuraahi
Nuraahi

Character sheet
Name: Riuu
Title: Lady of Arcane Ascension

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 am

I am happy that a proper guard guild is setting up shop again! Good luck!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Good luck with this, Part! Who knows, maybe my rogue might end up knocking on your door sometime...

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Good luck with this mate, I'll be planning some shenanigans to try and bring some more life to Stormwind, so sometime I'll end up whispering you Smile
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Looks great. Hopefully you've got the experiance to make it work where so many others have failed recently.

One question springs to mind though. Why no warlocks when they appear to be gaining acceptance, their trainers publically talk about their calling in Westfall amongst other places with nobody even batting an eyelid? And if there are no warlocks, why Death Knights who aren't even a part of the Alliance?
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Geneviève wrote:And if there are no warlocks, why Death Knights who aren't even a part of the Alliance?
Demon summoners and necromancers seems equally bad to me, seeing as that's kind of what death knights are (apart from being dead and have a past of serving the scourge). Tough Death Knights are a part of the alliance afaik, at least some. I myself would have banned both from serving in the guard but that's just me.

Other then that, anything that brings more life to Stormwind city is good. Good luck, hopefully you guys will be reasonable and respectful Smile
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Partridge Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks guys Smile

Geneviève wrote:Looks great. Hopefully you've got the experiance to make it work where so many others have failed recently.

One question springs to mind though. Why no warlocks when they appear to be gaining acceptance, their trainers publically talk about their calling in Westfall amongst other places with nobody even batting an eyelid? And if there are no warlocks, why Death Knights who aren't even a part of the Alliance?

And indeed yes, this was something that was drawn to my attention by Eloresh on the official forums about the warlocks i mean. I didnt realise they were accepted like that, the DK's are accepted by the King of course when they've done that quest line or whatever it is.

So yeah, im thinking of maybe letting warlocks join seeing as we have DK's, demons of course would be strictly not allowed.

So long as these warlocks, pledged allegence with the crown and swore to uphold the law etc. (and obviously weren't evil IC'ly ((That Partridge can prove)) ) I guess we could allow them to join us, they wouldn't be very trusted of course, Partridge being a devout follower of the Light and all.

Im still thinking it over, but most likely I will allow them to join.

Can you tell me where I can find all this information abut warlocks gaining acceptance? Or is it from quests in the game? I was mainly going off the Wikki when i first decided, and on there it says about DK's:

....these death knights are freed from the will of the Lich King and ally themselves with their former factions. Working closely under the guiding blade of Highlord Darion Mograine and the bolstered Argent Crusade, the newly-freed death knights have begun their march to Northrend.
The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a faction consisting of the renegade death knights that broke free of the Lich King's control after the battle of Light's Hope Chapel (in other words, player-created death knights). Led by Highlord Darion Mograine, the Knights of the Ebon Blade have allied themselves with the Alliance and the Horde with the help of Highlord Tirion Fordring of the Knights of the Silver Hand, and have pledged to do their part in defeating their former master, the Lich King. Their main base is Acherus: The Ebon Hold, taken from the Scourge after breaking free. It should be noted that the Knights of the Ebon Blade are not a separate player faction such as the Alliance and Horde. For the purposes of gameplay, player-created death knights still belong to either the Alliance or Horde depending on their race/faction.

Hence why I allow DK's.
Partridge
Partridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Do keep in mind that according to the (player-made IC) laws of Stormwind, fel magic is strictly illegal and shadow magic is illegal within the city walls. The justification for this is that while King Wrynn may have accepted warlocks in the war effort, there is simply no way they're accepted completely in society. They are still practicing dangerous magics, and unlike the Kirin Tor and mages, there is no central body to regulate them.

So if you decide to accept warlocks into the guard, just keep in mind that allowing them to practice any of their arts would be a bad idea!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 am

Hmmm. I confess I've not been paying attention to the changes in the law..and I may have overlooked any bans in the previous lists. I ignore the Council and there's nothing you can do about it trolololol. Razz

Ehm...Yeah, Arkyle's the person to speak to about warlocks. >.>

All I know is they stand around in Westfall happily chatting away. Not hiding like in Stormwind.

It really is an IC/OOC judgement call, I don't think there's any conclusive lore proof either way.

Again, good luck with the guild. Very Happy
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 am

What do you mean by this? What do you think needs to be fixed? If you let me know I'll sort it, would love to have you Smile[/quote]

Sorry for late reply!

And, simply some stuff with the character in question. A good reason why she'd join the guards and something a friend asked me of, as well as some OOC stuff, yo'. Very Happy
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Valerias wrote:Do keep in mind that according to the (player-made IC) laws of Stormwind, fel magic is strictly illegal and shadow magic is illegal within the city walls. The justification for this is that while King Wrynn may have accepted warlocks in the war effort, there is simply no way they're accepted completely in society. They are still practicing dangerous magics, and unlike the Kirin Tor and mages, there is no central body to regulate them.

So if you decide to accept warlocks into the guard, just keep in mind that allowing them to practice any of their arts would be a bad idea!

This goes for death knights too obviously seeing as there is a similar law for necromancy, many (if not all) of their powers should be disallowed within the city walls if you pair the necromancy law with the ban of forbidden magic. The pure physical aspect should be allowed tough I suppose.

Necromancy
Summoning undead minions, attempting to reanimate corpses, or studying the rituals and methods of necromancy without the permission either of the Kirin Tor or the Stormwind Mage Tower.
Use of Forbidden Magic
The use of any magic drawn from demonic sources, pacts with demons or items related to them without the permission of either the Kirin Tor or the Stormwind Mage Tower. Additionally, the use of shadow magic within the city walls.

So keep that in mind as well. Anyhow let's not derail these poor guards thread further Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next