Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

+38
Chase - Esou
Valdar/Melan
Rargnasha
Morgeth
Cid
Ledgic
Mandui
Neyvin/Noxie
Grufftoof
Jayse
Antistia
Gallandria
Millana
Muzjhath
Ephitos / Amarachus
Zinkle Figgins
Valerias
Unathi
Haen Strongwind
Sanara
Quin
Lavian
Magaskawee/Anaei
Teebo
Saevir
Jomir
Gesh
Gilraen
Maelmoor
Torukan
Geldar
Elloa
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Kozgugore Feraleye
Zhakiri
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Aarian Northlight
42 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Where would you like the AW to take place?

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 64 ]
[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 19 ]
[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 96

Poll closed

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: [A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

Post by Torukan Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:
Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Statement: I like Tashun's ideas.
Recitation: We should develop theory into practice, master. Kill all the meatbags!

Answer: Indeed, I am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence. At your command, of course, master.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: [A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

Post by Jomir Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 am

I think these anniversary wars should be done to celebrate both old azeroth and also the coming of the expansion. We could stage battles at locations we know the horde and alliance will be fighting over. This way it feels like the events between the two factions will be like the aftermath of the anniversary wars in a way.

Also next year we could stage the wars at the same locations and adapt them accordingly to the new landscape.

Here are some zones that I'm thinking of:

Arathi Highlands
Ashenvale
Badlands
Barrens
Hillsbrad
Silverpine
Stonetalon
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:32 am

Though all this discussion about celebrating the old world and the coming Cataclysm is fun. We've down the old world to hell, and I think what we need right now is to get our minds of the ever-waiting-filled expansion to come. Get back to the TBC, re-explore some forgottern areas and roleplay out some rather forgottern charecters to; The orcish homeland, The Draenei refugee's, The Fel addicted blood elves, Meeting the Naaru. and fighting over supplies in a broken world.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:01 am

Edervic/Vectoria wrote:Though all this discussion about celebrating the old world and the coming Cataclysm is fun. We've down the old world to hell, and I think what we need right now is to get our minds of the ever-waiting-filled expansion to come. Get back to the TBC, re-explore some forgottern areas and roleplay out some rather forgottern charecters to; The orcish homeland, The Draenei refugee's, The Fel addicted blood elves, Meeting the Naaru. and fighting over supplies in a broken world.

There'll be plenty of time to have more outland skirmishes, but the fact that we have 1 last chance to play in the old world is too overwhelming

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:59 am

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:I think these anniversary wars should be done to celebrate both old azeroth and also the coming of the expansion. We could stage battles at locations we know the horde and alliance will be fighting over. This way it feels like the events between the two factions will be like the aftermath of the anniversary wars in a way.

Also next year we could stage the wars at the same locations and adapt them accordingly to the new landscape.

Here are some zones that I'm thinking of:

Arathi Highlands
Ashenvale
Badlands
Barrens
Hillsbrad
Silverpine
Stonetalon

I agree with this. We have a bit more than one month to prepare this. It's quiet an important event, I think it would really be nice to involve all RP guild into plots and stories which drive to battle.
I think we should host different event in all those different areas with a smaller population. Example : Winterblade, Nature Grasp VS Orc of the Red Blade in Stonelaton.... while Cult of Shadow VS <Light human Guilds> in Silverpine.
We could end the series of events with the super big fight in Shivering Flats. We would celebrate 2 things in one as it has been teh first big fight on DB, but also this zone will be completly submerged in Cata.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:28 am

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:
As for "old" Azeroth, I certainly think there are areas out there that deserve a lot more attention than they have. Sure, when you think about the continents as an entirety, it's old and overdone. But there are still some spots out there that will do well when it comes down to out-of-proportion-battles.

A big battle in Silithus would be fun. The WPvP mechanic there (The Silithyst Must Flow) could even make an interesting addition to the fight. As for reason to fight there, the Twilight Cultists may be baiting the alliance and the horde against each other in preparation for the Cataclysm
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 am

I like the above idea, even though I'm not certain whether Silithus will undergo any serious changes in the expansion itself, so we might well see it back again.

As for other locations, it seems a lot of people are still looking forward to one final Hillsbrad rumble, as overdone as it might be. Can't blame them, considering it'll be the last, and so why not one last time, for old times' sake? Same could be considered with Dustwallow Marsh - Barrens, perhaps, since there will be an entire highway for the Alliance there come Cata, or Desolace, as stated before, with its many changes.

One way or another, we'll have to make some serious choices sooner or later, since there'll only be four to five days of events tops (then again, it's the magical number five, so there could be room for even more events just for one week. Could do a more peaceful event as well, like celebrating the death of the Lich King -- whilst it of course is just a celebration of Koz's birthda- ehr, the server's birthday instead).
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:07 pm

I really enjoyed the events last year in Grizzly Hills and Blackrock Mountain, so some early planning to ensure maximum epic and attendance as well involvement of the community, is definitely worthwhile.

As regards location(s), all those suggested so far would be great. Alas, there's an abundance of riches when you actually start thinking about the zones, especially ones that may be changing irrevocably in Cataclysm. I wouldn't mind an event in Azeroth, Outland or Northrend. Better yet, why not have one in each zone spread out over a few nights like the two last year? However, if the consensus is just to have one then I'd lend my support for a location in Azeroth, preferably one that will be changing significantly in Cataclysm so as to give it one last bash for old time's sake.

Not one to toot my own Battle Chicken...*pinches self* ...wait just a whisker width! I'm a gnome, therefore I'm legally obliged to tell you about this whether you like it or not! *unfurls the schematics* Nah, in addition to the Dustwallow Dustup materials I put some together for a little sequel in Stonetalon/Desolace which are certainly freely available for use to be abused/modified/whatever should the consensus be to go with one or more of those locations. I haven't updated the trailer or briefings (Alliance ; Horde) for Raiders of the Lost Arcanite yet as has been done with Dustwallow Dustup, but it should be reasonably clear from them what the motivations and objectives for each faction are in each case.

Also, don't mind the "King Gubbi" thing; 'twas just a persona created on my old PvP realm to appeal to everyone's latent gnome-punting desires. And don't deny that you have such desires! *removes goggles to let large emerald eyes pierce through the thinly-veiled glee* Afterall, scientific research has proven that nothing stirs up more Horde ire and hence interest, than a trifling gnome with delusions of grandeur! If I ever get round to updating the the Raiders materials then I'll make them server neutral. Anyway, just the thought of some large-scale W-PvP coming down the pipe has this gnome leaking excess liquid from it's facial lubrication toggle and I'm sure that whichever location is chosen, it shall be an event to remember!

"Back to the lab, Tinks! We've got Battle Chickens to build!"
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:13 pm

I would love to see some use in Outland. Just my 2 cents.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't know if this has been said but Winterspring has a nice atmosphere for such. Could have fun on the frostwhisper gorge Twisted Evil.

I'm personally in favour of using under-used zones but people are clinging to a nostalgic process so the Hillsbrad idea doesn't so bad either.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 pm

We could try and make it quite epic, by having either a large Alliance or Horde expedition trekking across one of the continents with a planned skirmish each day in each zone.

We could do this twice for both continents - one where the Horde can be travelling and the other where the Alliance has a turn.

Like a mass pilgrimage to Uther's Tomb style thing, but across each continent. The opposing faction would have to basically try and protect their settlements - which would be attacked along the way.

Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Aarian Northlight wrote:We could try and make it quite epic, by having either a large Alliance or Horde expedition trekking across one of the continents with a planned skirmish each day in each zone.

We could do this twice for both continents - one where the Horde can be travelling and the other where the Alliance has a turn.

Like a mass pilgrimage to Uther's Tomb style thing, but across each continent. The opposing faction would have to basically try and protect their settlements - which would be attacked along the way.

This is actualy a simple, but very very nice idea. Why not make a Pilgrimage to announce the death of the Lich king, with the purprose to stop in each village and make a "little party" there. Like in the middle age, you had the herald, announcing important events happening in the kingdom. in this way we can visit everything, on both side, and make small/short "social event" in the village of your faction, and then PVP on the way, or close village of other faction.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Any news of this event ? Are some guild preparing something on their side ? I'm a bit surprised the talk had drop during more than one week.

Let's get this done ! Will you ? Smile Let's prepare something nice !
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 pm

I've been occupied by some other things to be able to actually write anything down, but some development has been in process over on the Hordie side (or from orcy side anyway). As soon as I manage to get some more time on my hands, I'll try and do a write-up of the ideas that have currently been developed, keeping in mind the preferable place.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Voted Northrend. (Only because its the last anniversary war with wotlk still beeing the main content.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm going to say "Old Azeroth" simply because last year, a lot of people whined about the way flying mounts were used.

That, and this event taking place not long after my little peace-mongering event in Outland would seem quite out of place xP
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Your peace mongering event in Outland is in the hordes war mongering event in northrend so maybe old azeroth is better :3
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:30 am

Would have said Northrend, but since this will be the last anniversary before old Azeroth changes, I voted old Azeroth.

Personally I think we should have several battles over different areas in the game; some for nostalgic reasons, and some for the fact that we may never see them in the same way again.
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Unathi Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Old Azeroth for me, With this being our last chance to sieze it before it goes away forever, and you can be sure the Darkspears will be there lending there arms to the Horde! In regards to under-used zones, Maybe a campaign down the Kalimdor strip? Desolace-Feralas-Thousand Needles-Tanaris-Un'Goro-Silithus, all seem to have great chances for WPvP, and Wartime-RP Camps. Just merely one guys opinion. Smile
Unathi
Unathi

Character sheet
Name: Unathi
Title: Darkspear

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 pm

CURRENT HORDE/ALLIANCE GUILD RIVALRIES & DISPUTES OVER TERRITORIES

Seeing if we can all list some of the current Horde & Alliance RP guild rivalries and what (is any) areas of the world they are vying to win control over.

e.g: Arathi Highlands - Arathor and OotRB?

Duskwood - Perhaps TDS & SGE vs Alliance guilds?

Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 pm

To be honest, Aarian, that seems... Obstructive? The appeal of the anniversary wars to me has always been the scale, having only the flimsiest excuse to get 200 people together to kick the shit out of eachother. Tying it to guilds and specific zones just seems like it'd get in the way.

Besides, Arathi and Duskwood are barely changed in Cataclysm, so bit of a waste to use those zones. I'm with Sinclair/Unathi on taking it to Kalimdor instead.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 pm

A good point - just trying to drive a bit of RP reasoning behind it, but I can see your point. Definitely wouldn't like the AW to be limited to guilds, and that's not what I was hinting at.
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:29 pm

I'd be happy to see something in Azeroth, actually; my favourites being Hillsbrad, for a last hurrah, or something in the south of Kalimdor for a new bit of flavour, though that would take more IC wrangling. Best I say the northern EK! Something for nostalgia's sake!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I've had enough pvp in the northern eastern kingdoms (it's overdone), gief southern eastern kingdoms or southern kalimdor.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 am

I had some RP with a couple of Misties once where we discussed the fact that if the Alliance were to control Southern Barrens, they'd have a pass straight into Mulgore from Theramore.
Then we had the idea that those Dwarves digging in Western Mulgore (the lowbie ones) could actually be trying to dig their way into the Desolace, giving the Alliance in Nijel's Point a chance to strike at Mulgore too. If they were to be successful, the Alliance would end up with a strip of land from one coast of Kalimdor to the other, right through the Barrens and Mulgore, which would not only HEAVILY reinforce their presence in that part of the continent, but would make taking The Thunder Bluff almost as easy as taking candy from a baby; aside from Orgrimmar, they'd almost control that entire sector; if they were then to use this new land to push upwards into the Crossroads territory, they could end up seizing the entire Northern half of that continent (Darkshore, Ashenvale > Barrens > Mulgore > Desolace > Duskwallow.)

That was just an IC thought one day, before we (or I, at least) knew that *SPOILER* the alliance would demolish and take over Camp Turajo in Cataclysm and that the Horde would build a huge big bloody gate on the Barrens/Mulgore border*END SPOILER*. It's a small idea, if anything; a definite motive for us Misties to fight, if you will, taking into account what Aarian said.
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next