Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

+38
Chase - Esou
Valdar/Melan
Rargnasha
Morgeth
Cid
Ledgic
Mandui
Neyvin/Noxie
Grufftoof
Jayse
Antistia
Gallandria
Millana
Muzjhath
Ephitos / Amarachus
Zinkle Figgins
Valerias
Unathi
Haen Strongwind
Sanara
Quin
Lavian
Magaskawee/Anaei
Teebo
Saevir
Jomir
Gesh
Gilraen
Maelmoor
Torukan
Geldar
Elloa
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Kozgugore Feraleye
Zhakiri
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Aarian Northlight
42 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Where would you like the AW to take place?

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_lcap67%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 64 ]
[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_lcap20%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 19 ]
[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_lcap13%[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 96

Poll closed

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Empty [A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

Post by Aarian Northlight Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:22 pm

So on 14th September this year, it will be Defias Brotherhood's 5th Anniversary and, as always, time once again for our yearly Anniversary War.

Being the 5th Anniversary it's a bit of a landmark, so I thought we could all put our heads together, brainstorm, put across any ideas we may have so far, and get the planning stage done early, giving us time to all prepare and make this an unforgettable event.

With the 14th Sept. falling on a Tuesday this year, I think the ideal days for the main, largest scale battles would be Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th, possibly the evening of Friday 10th too. However, depending on what we can all come up with or already have planned, it might be something we can spread out over 2 weeks, say from Sunday 5th to Sunday 19th.

But the main point of this thread is to gather ideas, brainstorm, and hopefully together we can build a framework of what we want to happen and be able to announce some definite and well-planned events to everyone sooner, giving us all time to prepare and have the best chance at getting good attendances for the events.

Let's get planning! Smile

Edit: Poll up
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Empty Re: [A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Maybe a full scale battle of all of Outlands. The place is dead so it'd be a nice thing to get some RP there. Then at the end we can see what faction owns what, and we can create more events from that afterward.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010 Empty Re: [A-H] [RP-PvP] The Anniversary War 2010

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:38 pm

To add to my idea: Before or after the event, we could even have a big celebration, with both Alliance and Horde together, in Shattrah, celebrating the fall of the Lich King (I'd suppose we officially know he's dead now?). If before, it can be the event that spark the war, seeing as everyone is there already someone gets a greedy idea of taking some land in Outlands.

Or the war is first, but even so, a celebration is planned in the end of the war where everyone bury the war axes and enjoy one evening together for once, to celebrate Arthas demise.

And the war itself would be interesting if every Country is fought for, since they all have oh so very different settings, and some even have true PvP places for us to use, like Halaa etc.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Do want do want do want do want ouland pvp.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Do like.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Outland RP-PvP is a really cool idea, especially as the place is hardly used now and will be further ignored once Cataclysm drops.

I personally like the added RP that the ability to fly there can bring to IC movements, patrols, scouting etc.
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:54 pm

A bit early, considering the time of the month still, but if we're on the subject anyway, I had planned to continue on what my guild was planning to get started this month, which is a war up on Northrend. For the Anniversary War, I was at least thinking of an airship battle between the two factions for one, as well as a sort of re-enactment of the Alliance landing nearby Vengeance Landing, where the NPCs are constantly stuck in battle.

Alternatively, since it'll high likely be the last AW in which we'll see the old Azeroth, I was thinking of some more "classic" sceneries as well, including, possibly, the Shimmering Flats as Tashun had suggested before.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 pm

I'd prefer Outland or old Azeroth. We did Northrend last year, and even if it was fun enough, it'd be more fun with something new. I think Outland is perfect mostly cause no one is there. We'll be more or less left alone, no major lagg and having a full scale war about the whole world there is kinda neat. Then at the end we can create a map and put it into the factions where as it "belong", and then that may be a step towards more pvp clashes in Outland to gain and loose ground now and then.

And with the pvp opportunities in Outland we can have for example a battle for Halaa, Tower defending in Hellfire, arena fightings. Etc etc.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 pm

It would be a shame not to use this final chance at an AW in the old vanilla world before it is changed.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:43 pm

I prefer from far Azeroth and Northrend over Outland. I don't see why we would fight in Outland from a IC point of view (even if I agree the place is cool etc etc). Outland belong to the past now, and to the Flashback events (kidding).
More seriously I think that from a RP point of view, Northrend and old Azeroth are better place. To celebrate the dead of the Lych King, nothing is more suitable than Northrend (why not use Cristalsong Forest), and before Cata, Old Azeroth seem to be a nice place aswell..to say good bye so to speak.

I think it would be interesting to have small skirmish all arround the world (with stories and plots to justify them) and as last event a big battle. But i really like the ideas of small skirmish with 20ish poeple at max.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Well that would be why we'd have fun in Outland, cause its empty and "in the past". As from an IC point of view, its quite simple. Heading to Outlands to fight over resources to rebuild and restore after the war with the Lich King. Seeing how Outland has been left alone for so long there'd be a lot of resources ^^

The thing with old Azeroth I think, it's kinda boring. It's been overly used already. May be it will change but.. I think that is very much about time since we've had PvP events in every single corner of old Azeroth already.

But perhaps first of all to establish where a poll might be an idea?
Old Azeroth
Outlands
Northrend

Then we can take it from there simply with making the IC reasons, plots, ideas etc etc.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I agree with the idea of the poll. It's will be the easiest and simplest way to see what poeple want. We can always find RP justifications after. I suggest to let the possibility of several vote, some player might like all solution, or 2 propositions/3.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Sorted the vote in Aarians post. Just left it at the three, will be easier to determine then. Besides, I reckon the war should be kept at either places, else it'll be too cluttered.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Actually, the only battle we had in Northrend last year was the one at Venture Bay. There were several more beside that one as well. Besides, the whole resource plot on Outlands was planned to be put upon Northrend as well. Now that the Lich King has been defeated, it would only make sense that the warmongers among us would start to bicker about the remains of Northrend, and to whom its resources belongs to. It would make more sense than it would in Outlands, since the resources in Northrend are still fresh to argue over IC, what with the recent fall of the Lich King and such. Besides, it's surprising how few battles or even campaigns have been fought in Northrend so far. There's more than enough places there to gather around for (random) RP, but are just as ill-used as Outlands is by most (I'm saying most because there are actually some people who have taken to Outlands for their RP havens already).

As for "old" Azeroth, I certainly think there are areas out there that deserve a lot more attention than they have. Sure, when you think about the continents as an entirety, it's old and overdone. But there are still some spots out there that will do well when it comes down to out-of-proportion-battles.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Lets go back to Quel`Danas. -nod-
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Old Azeroth, before cata changes it all

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Tashun wrote:Old Azeroth, before cata changes it all

I agree with this, we should "celebrate" old azeroth before it is changed, Outlands and Northrend we can always return to.

Desolace would be really cool (it will also be changed a lot), I just tend to prefer places that are not so often used Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:13 pm

I reckon it should be held in some of these places:

Shimmering Flats (Defias's first WPVP event)
Silverpine Forest (Greymane wall to prepare for cata)
The Barrens (Before it's split in two)
Wetlands (Could ICly be helping Wildhammer clan and Dragonmaw clan in preparation for cata, also its close to Grim Batol)
Hillsbrad Foothills (Before Southshore is completely annihilated, could work well, especially if the Horde wins, they may sack and destroy Southshore ICly and it will give some Realm lore to add)

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilraen Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Would rather have it on Old Azeroth before it changes completely.

Desolace sounds like a nice idea. The place is open, empty, almost noone is ever questing there.

Though some rules of engagement decided would be nice. Or maybe a limit on gear so everyone can take part?
Gilraen
Gilraen

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Statement: I like Tashun's ideas.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Statement: I like Tashun's ideas.
Recitation: We should develop theory into practice, master. Kill all the meatbags!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Well the way the poll is developing, it looks like Old Azeroth is a sure-fire winner.

Perhaps we can change our discussion now from what area of the world we will hold the battles (it seems Old Azeroth will be a certain winner) to where abouts in Old Azeroth we can do battle and perhaps develop some IC stories / reasons behind the choices.

Tashun mentioned some good location ideas and possible reasons behind them.

We also have Guilds that lay claim or primarily operate in certain areas, so perhaps we can come up with some ideas for what Horde vs Alliance guild rivalries could work and what areas they would be fighting for control of (each guild would of course call on their fellow allies to create a larger battle / war)

Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Geldar wrote:Lets go back to Quel`Danas. -nod-

Agreeing with G-devil here.

Alot of the Outland areas have been overlooked, and well. We spend most of our time in Northrend and the old world. 
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Desolace from Alliance perspective:

The Alliance now want to secure the final piece of the western coastline that is still under horde control, Desolace. That would ensure not only safety along the coast but also the ability to move troops inland.

Not only does Desolace give this advantage but a large deposit of valueble ores could interest the dwarves and be an important resource for coming battles.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Maelmoor wrote:Desolace from Alliance perspective:

The Alliance now want to secure the final piece of the western coastline that is still under horde control, Desolace. That would ensure not only safety along the coast but also the ability to move troops inland.

Not only does Desolace give this advantage but a large deposit of valueble ores could interest the dwarves and be an important resource for coming battles.

/eyebrow

I'm sure that are some Sin'dorei arcanists that could use the crystals and maybe the forsaken can make something fun out of the bones there.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next