Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

+47
Cathee Norris
Axebane
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Glaciera
Officer High Morale
Samian/Bismack
Ralegh
Robin Drake
Coppersocket
Paia/Jenit
Jenelle
Izzifix
Demurral
Zaraj
Amaryl
Lavian
Seranita
Sam
Vaell
Tnecniw
Zathoroz
Vardrek/Burgen
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Rinoi
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Skaraa
Adry
Shadesprocket
Tobias Redeye
Grim
Tantzui
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Kittrina
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Lyniath
Beladon
nope
siegmund
Skarain
51 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 9 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Demurral Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Tnecniw wrote:(Whining voice) "GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE" (kidding, kidding Very Happy )
Would've been even funnier is Jamina here didn't have a reputation for ERP with a druid in stag form.....
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 9 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:04 pm

I see we're back to the argueing again, perhaps you can resolve your differences in the arena?

Thankfully we have The Shady Lady guild up and coming, which just needs some roleplayers to inhabit it for staff and something can possibly be made from that, we also seem to have The Aegwynn Academy, which looks interesting their is a possibility to use such a concept for the benefit of the community (Such as researching cultures of races,magic etc). (though the community has to take advantage that these things are around.)

Still the biggest issue though is advertising/exposure of the server to new roleplayers, not just the fact of making people interested in Roleplaying by trying to involve them.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Zaraj wrote:What we need is more arathor drama for that is what the people demand

They need to build more tunnels or something there.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:10 pm

I saw the Cartel on AD the other night. They were not very impressive.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:26 pm

I volunteer! I volunteer to get the thread back on topic once again!

(Ixirar being angry, Bella being sarcastic, Burgen being 1337 pvper and Lex advocating the perks of server changing, while wonderful displays of characters staying true to their original concepts, makes for incredibly dull reading. Z and Eira may proceed)

We could pressgang more people to try out RP by browsing other unofficial forums with wow subsections, follow posters post history and profiles, try to match their forum accounts with facebook ones, track them down irl, go to their houses and break their kneecaps with those heavy, metal baseball bats you see serbians wield in movies. Then we could return regularly to make sure they do their weekly "protection rp"... you know, just so that we can look after them and make sure nothing bad should happen.

Eventually, I seem to remember Copper and Krogon posting basicly the same sensible post.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 pm

I advocate DB RPers staying where they are!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I saw the Cartel on AD the other night.  They were not very impressive.

Sorry that our RP didn't live up to the standard of which you have been accustomed in Stormwind. I'll have the Fish using Noggenfogger.. the Worgens using mechanical limbs calling themselves Cyworgs and the Vampire racket running as soon as possible.

In other news to re-iterate what Vardrek has said. The Shady Lady guild has huge potential I'd recommend everyone with spare alts and what-not to join that and help in running a bar that is active and will draw the servers attention to RP.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Robin Drake wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:I saw the Cartel on AD the other night.  They were not very impressive.

Sorry that our RP didn't live up to the standard of which you have been accustomed in Stormwind. I'll have the Fish using Noggenfogger.. the Worgens using mechanical limbs calling themselves Cyworgs and the Vampire racket running as soon as possible.

In other news to re-iterate what Vardrek has said. The Shady Lady guild has huge potential I'd recommend everyone with spare alts and what-not to join that and help in running a bar that is active and will draw the servers attention to RP.

You have a Panda who RPs like he was born in a Guy Richie movie!!!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm not good at sarcasm. I am just being a bitch.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:01 am

Lexgrad wrote:You have a Panda who RPs like he was born in a Guy Richie movie!!!  

Guy Richie's movies are fucking works of art. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with a Pandaren with an attitude problem. To quote the player in question when asked why he Rp's a Pandaren like a character from a Guy Richie movie.. he had this to say.

"My inner bear's been fucking unleashed mate."

After the release of this official statement. The Forlorn Cartel breaks any and all contact with said character to please Lexgrad. The Pandaren was later found on the street in tears, picking up his ceremonial garbs and returning to his peaceful and zen-like sel-..No.

This just in the Pandaren in question has offered anyone and all to a fair brawl if they have a problem with his attitude. We cannot keep him chained for long. Please. Somebody. Help.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:33 am

I am from Serbia and I find this very offensive.
Like, we use knifes mostly anyway. Well.. others do, yes, not me... I'm good, mhm.
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 am

Lexgrad wrote:
Robin Drake wrote:

You have a Panda who RPs like he was born in a Guy Richie movie!!!  

You have a death knight paladin who RPs like something out of the new testament but each to their own I guess
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 am

Shots fired on all sides. No survivors can seen in the destruction!
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:30 am

Arabella Greene wrote:Shots fired on all sides. No survivors can seen in the destruction!

TAKE COVAAAAH! *Dive tackles*
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:15 am

Pls, lets be friendsss
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:12 am

Robin Drake wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:You have a Panda who RPs like he was born in a Guy Richie movie!!!  

Guy Richie's movies are fucking works of art. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with a Pandaren with an attitude problem. To quote the player in question when asked why he Rp's a Pandaren like a character from a Guy Richie movie.. he had this to say.

After the release of this official statement. The Forlorn Cartel breaks any and all contact with said character to please Lexgrad. The Pandaren was later found on the street in tears, picking up his ceremonial garbs and returning to his peaceful and zen-like sel-..No.

This just in the Pandaren in question has offered anyone and all to a fair brawl if they have a problem with his attitude. We cannot keep him chained for long. Please. Somebody. Help.

Hey you all wanted Drama!

And as good as snatch is, the panda was still bad RP.

Annnd srsly tho, as 1337 as you think DB is/was compared to AD, I assure you AD will not put up with Bad RP. Friendly advise, be flawless and build a rep if you want to be successful on AD, it isnt a lol realm.

Also <3 so you dont get mad Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadesprocket Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 am

*cough* Citizens Congress, Duskwood RP, Goldshire, That Barelyn Retinue or however its spelt *cough*

I don't buy into AD will not put up with bad rp, as it whines and moans about it all the bloody time. Its forum names sometimes does a better job of trying to ignore and segregate themselves from it at times but that's about as far as it goes. All those have or had quite big follower bases at some time or another.

One realms no better than the other, I don't know if people are asking you lot to come back, and I don't care for this whine about abandonment and whatever other bloody nonsense, but you claiming the better sides just as fucking stupid as the db'ers doing so.

Also go fuck yourself and your pink beard person I don't know, I'll get mad if I want to! >:

Last edited by Shadesprocket on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Leh spelling)

Shadesprocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

This thread should be renamed "How could we weird out more people from the server?"

The server requires everyone to collaborate for it to keep going but all that is being done here is trolling, flame-baiting and attempts at worsening the situation even more (may they be intentional or not, it still harm a community that was struggling to begin with). And for what?

Lexgrad wrote:Hey you all wanted Drama!

I beg to differ. I for one was hoping these grudges would be put aside for the sake of the server and fun.

Also. Calling other people "bad" so out of the blue and without giving any input for improvement whatsoever makes you look like someone that only seek to make other people uncomfortable with themselves. Since you are that good, surely you can help those people's RP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Think this thread is pretty much dead in terms of suggestions.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Oh no, I can think of one other suggestion. Never show them this forum, or let alone this thread.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes, I daresay, people will find it visually disruptive, we shall bury it deep, so it shall never be found.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:03 pm

I honestly don't see that much of an issue with criminal panda's with weird accents.
Considering the clearly criminal elements present in some of the short stories and the black market, together with the pandaren farmer with the like southern 'murica type accent.
Not all the pandaren are outright Zen stereotypes, trying to make them into that is honestly just boring.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Lexgrad wrote:
Robin Drake wrote:

Hey you all wanted Drama!

And as good as snatch is, the panda was still bad RP.  

Annnd srsly tho, as 1337 as you think DB is/was compared to AD, I assure you AD will not put up with Bad RP.  Friendly advise, be flawless and build a rep if you want to be successful on AD, it isnt a lol realm.

Also <3 so you dont get mad Smile

Ahahshahaha!
Lol k.
Lex, you're funny.

Edit/Ps: this thread ceased to be productive pages ago.
This happens like everytime these threads are created.
Good suggestions have been said and ignored in place of more mindless discussion.

If y'all want change, then act on it.
My advise, play on both servers.
I now doing feel happier for doing so.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:48 pm

discuss on realm forums - this goldfish bowl does nothing to entice new people into RP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 am

margwethil wrote:discuss on realm forums - this goldfish bowl does nothing to entice new people into RP

This seemed like one last genuinely good suggestion, so I decided to take initiative:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't flame or bait each other on there, please just answer people's questions and be welcoming. It's a public forum, all you'll accomplish is making yourself look a jerk and scaring people away.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next