Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

+47
Cathee Norris
Axebane
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Glaciera
Officer High Morale
Samian/Bismack
Ralegh
Robin Drake
Coppersocket
Paia/Jenit
Jenelle
Izzifix
Demurral
Zaraj
Amaryl
Lavian
Seranita
Sam
Vaell
Tnecniw
Zathoroz
Vardrek/Burgen
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Rinoi
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Skaraa
Adry
Shadesprocket
Tobias Redeye
Grim
Tantzui
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Kittrina
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Lyniath
Beladon
nope
siegmund
Skarain
51 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 8 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Demurral Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 am

I've gone through nearly all of these posts, so.. Here's my thoughts.
Thoughts about AD
First of all - I'm one of those who is partially moving to AD. Demurral is the only character I'm going to faction change to AD, everyone else will be staying on DB.
AD and DB both have their strengths, and their weaknesses. For the last week, I've been discussing both servers in the Cartel guild chat, and I came up with a suitable analogy which I'd like to share with you all.

Defias Brotherhood, is like living out in the countryside - Everyone knows each other, there's a real sense of community, and the close-knit community forces everyone to RP to a higher standard than normal. Any slight mistake or error is spread around to everyone in this community. But, like living out in the countryside, there's nothing much really going on. Yes, there's the minor quarrels over who-did-what, I heard that the Disciples took a sheep from the Cartel farm, etc, etc. But, its all minor petty problems at the end of the day.

Argent Dawn, therefore, is like living in a city. Its noisy, packed full of people, and is a real melting pot of every possible idea into one thick blend. It's so busy that people are -everywhere-. You can turn up at 4am and still get a delicious RP takeaway around the corner from where-ever you are. But, because its so vast and noisy, there's no real sense of community beyond Guilds and friendships. Because you might never see someone again, it doesn't matter what your standard of RP is - there are plenty of others who like what you do. Take for example, the rampant Game of Thrones RP on AD. There is a small community of people who are RPing members of GoT. While any others ignore them, they have a small population to themselves.

As is the case in real life - Countryfolk want a bit of the excitement of the city, whereas city folk want a bit of the peace and quiet and community of the countryside. Whatever a person chooses, that's their choice - its not being a traitor to the rest - it's being different.

"Fixing" DB
How can we fix DB RP? We should focus more on exactly what we are doing wrong. Too many of us, myself included, are ignoring characters, concepts or guilds that we aren't interested in or which don't fit into the idea of what "our rp" is. Yet, in real life, we can't ignore them - they are there, they are living, breathing people. One example, for me, is this: As a criminal character, Demurral ignores or outright threatens most "goody-two-shoes" characters he meets. He is not a nice person. Yet, look at the real life Mafia families and other criminal gangs. A lot of them were very religious people with good ties to particular members of their communities. Being evil, bad, good or kind doesn't mean automatically rejecting everyone who isn't part of that group - that's just simply not how things should work.

Something to take on board
At the end of the day, there's one simple thing we can all do - Make an alt, try something new. Become a town crier for a week. Start to deliver mail to people. Become a priest, a criminal, a guard or an adventurer. Pick someone random each week and just give it a go.

Which is why, for the next week, I'm not going to play Demurral, or any of my Cartel characters. I pledge to use an alt, and try something new. Who will join me?
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 8 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Iriel Silversong Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 am

Tnecniw wrote:He is right. That is mostly why I am right with the quality of the RP on Defias is higher than AD. The lazy and bad RPers just say"fuck this shit, it is dead" and moves to AD. While the veterans, those that put effort and intrest into their RP stays, trying to rebuild the RP they love...

I don't think any one who is leaving, the server or opening a guild there.. is bad and lazy rper... Smile  Thank you for keeping the love up and certainly not being toxic

Tnecniw wrote:I think the CARTELL will enjoy it. But not the regiment. To comes as a newcomer, and be a guard guild in AD is quite difficult. Nobody takes your seriously, there is hard to find a good place, and to be honest, there are WAY too many "bad criminals" there (for example during my time there I met like 6 diffrent kinds of illogical criminals for example is there not uncommon with people that called me out as a lol dodger for dodging (as a hunter) two stabs from a drunken asshole that could barely stand)

Well, firstly.. you don't know the way the regiment has already spoken with other guilds on AD and what our plans there. We have very good talks with AD guild leaders and roleplayers and everyone accepted us and welcomed us so far. But I thank your concern, but hold back and ask what our plans are before pointing the finger out Smile. We're no shit lazy roleplayers.

Is sad, that theres still so much hate about the attempts of a guild to have rp, and when certainly we haven't officially announced a leave. It is just beyond me. If we ever leave definitely we will post a message, until then unlucky for you all there's no banter to argue against  us, because the Regiment will still be around as usual. Do not fear.. the blues do hear. But we play the game to enjoy, too and I am allowed to log other characters too.

Thank you

Last edited by Iriel Silversong on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:46 am

Multipost

Last edited by Iriel Silversong on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 am

Firstly, Iriel you could have made that one post instead of three.

And secondly, Kelten, you're a good and I love you dearly. That analogy is so spot on.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:49 am

Eve... *huggles * Let me read a story to you
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 am

Hey, no hugging! This isn't the AD forums, here we cause petty drama over nothing.

Tsk.

I am dissapoint.

Razz

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Guilt tripping people into staying on DB will make them want to flee even more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I propose honey traps and blackmail.

Get dirt on them new players, then force them.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:47 pm

We should try to do more cross-realm RP with AD peeps.
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenelle Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Tantzui wrote:We should try to do more cross-realm RP with AD peeps.

How would that work?

Jenelle

Character sheet
Name: Lady Jenelle Fault
Title: Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Jenelle wrote:
Tantzui wrote:We should try to do more cross-realm RP with AD peeps.

How would that work?

With consummate ease.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:00 pm

As long as you can invite people into a party and are not in Stormwind / Ogrimmar like Paia said, pretty easily.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Yeah, lets get them goldshire elves over here. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* If you know what I mean.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Alright. I haven't read anything in this thread, but I'm just gonna assume all your ideas are bad because fuck you guys. (lol)

So, you're all probably knocking your heads against the wall about this topic. But I realized a solution to it, a very simple solution. One can look far and wide for solutions, such as advertising more or be more open towards others or whatever.

But the true solution comes in something that's actually far more close to us than most may realize.

The solution lies in the action of Acting.

Now, what does this mean?

Basically: This requires a bit of planning and somewhat decent execution, but what are we all (hopefully) okay at? Roleplaying, so we'll do exactly that. We'll roleplay, infront of others.
We'll put on a show, a proper show. We'll display our characters in a bit more rigged script that is mainly setup around introducing others to the idea of roleplaying. It needs to be simple and warm, but most of all it needs to be constructed in a way that allows others to jump in at any time and ask questions without it "ruining the script".

Note the last part. It's super important. If you can create an atmosphere where others feel intrigued to join in or ask a question, then that alone is a complete net positive.

After all, what we want to advertise is roleplaying and the joy of it. This shouldn't be about trying to gather more members for your guild or stealing people from other realms.

This idea should be simple for most of you, and I'm sure pretty much all of you would be able to contribute with atleast an idea of what to do with this.

So! Discuss!
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Coppersocket wrote:Alright. I haven't read anything in this thread, but I'm just gonna assume all your ideas are bad because fuck you guys. (lol)

So, you're all probably knocking your heads against the wall about this topic. But I realized a solution to it, a very simple solution. One can look far and wide for solutions, such as advertising more or be more open towards others or whatever.

But the true solution comes in something that's actually far more close to us than most may realize.

The solution lies in the action of Acting.

Now, what does this mean?

Basically: This requires a bit of planning and somewhat decent execution, but what are we all (hopefully) okay at? Roleplaying, so we'll do exactly that. We'll roleplay, infront of others.
We'll put on a show, a proper show. We'll display our characters in a bit more rigged script that is mainly setup around introducing others to the idea of roleplaying. It needs to be simple and warm, but most of all it needs to be constructed in a way that allows others to jump in at any time and ask questions without it "ruining the script".

Note the last part. It's super important. If you can create an atmosphere where others feel intrigued to join in or ask a question, then that alone is a complete net positive.

After all, what we want to advertise is roleplaying and the joy of it. This shouldn't be about trying to gather more members for your guild or stealing people from other realms.

This idea should be simple for most of you, and I'm sure pretty much all of you would be able to contribute with atleast an idea of what to do with this.

So! Discuss!

Ahha...

In other news, on page one...

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Fortesgue had an excellent idea a few years back, about nights in Goldshire where we go out of our way to interact with new players and such. Granted thats a tad defunked now, with instant level 90's and such, but the premiss of giving new Roleplayers a platform/opportunity to interact with the established community is overall an excellent idea.

Sadly, it had minimum impact due to one reason or another. That being said, if done on a much grander, and regular scale...

1 - Bi-monthly weekend gatherings where we invite Non-rp'ers/New rp'ers to a string of varied events.

2 - These events would range around a capital city, be it stormwind, ironforge, orgrimmar or Thunder bluff. This would be across both factions.

3 - Have pre-planned things, such as a council meeting, offer folks a chance to patrol with guards, a tavern night, tournaments, cultist RP and other smaller things that let people explore the different aspects of Roleplay.

4 - Being pre-planned, hostilities between RP guilds would cease on a... outward level, and sort of like city guards, if asked, we could gentle nudge people in the direction of what their looking for. Guards or paladins could tell would-be acolyte warlocks that the demonic arts are feared and hated, and they "should stay away from the slaughtered lamb -wink wink, nudge nudge-".

5 Be community inclusive. Everyone should be welcomed and tried to be integrated, while us more experienced RP'ers try to gently shephard rather than participate full on our selves.

All in all, thats my five cents suggestion. Though I do Agree with most the posts above regarding PvP/Forums and such.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Well, would you look at that.
I wasn't lying when I wrote that I didn't read anything in this thread.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 pm

I withdraw my last idea.

New idea: Massive gold bribes.

That'll motivate those OOCers to jump camps.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:10 am

Dwyburn wrote:New idea: Massive gold bribes.

That'll motivate those OOCers to jump camps.
But RPers are poor as fuck. Half of you nerds I speak to are like "I FEEL SO RICH I HAVE A WHOLE 10K"

fucking plebs get on my level
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:17 am

Pay me irl and I'll role-play whatever you want.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:19 am

A starving artist. Rp that
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:15 am

Arabella Greene wrote:A starving artist. Rp that

I have confidence that I can rp that with great authenticity.

:')
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:20 am

(Whining voice) "GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE" (kidding, kidding Very Happy )

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:55 pm

It would have been funnier if it wasn't you that did a lot of the whining
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Spoiler:
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:01 pm

What we need is more arathor drama for that is what the people demand
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next