Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

+47
Cathee Norris
Axebane
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Glaciera
Officer High Morale
Samian/Bismack
Ralegh
Robin Drake
Coppersocket
Paia/Jenit
Jenelle
Izzifix
Demurral
Zaraj
Amaryl
Lavian
Seranita
Sam
Vaell
Tnecniw
Zathoroz
Vardrek/Burgen
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Rinoi
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Skaraa
Adry
Shadesprocket
Tobias Redeye
Grim
Tantzui
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Kittrina
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Lyniath
Beladon
nope
siegmund
Skarain
51 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 10 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Samian/Bismack Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Whenever Lexgrad posts anything:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AD, it isnt a lol realm.

FUCK YOU GOT ME ANYWAY!
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 10 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Skaraa wrote:
margwethil wrote:discuss on realm forums - this goldfish bowl does nothing to entice new people into RP

This seemed like one last genuinely good suggestion, so I decided to take initiative:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't flame or bait each other on there, please just answer people's questions and be welcoming. It's a public forum, all you'll accomplish is making yourself look a jerk and scaring people away.
Nice initiative. Smile

I've been quite 'distracted' the last few days, so i have not got up the 2nd thread that i spoke about, but perhaps that is not needed if things are taken to the public forums.

Also here is my unedited notes of all suggestions when i look through the thread. They're a bit raw, but one can go and search the exact quote from earlier if they wish to. May also lack some suggestions that were posted after i took these up.
Sieg: That's a interesting idea to send workers and so to Stormshield. > A good old campaign would probably do good
nope: I think niceness helps sometimes? Like, does the community look like an approachable one? How do interactions with non-Rpers tend to go? > stop baiting/stop being mean
Bela: More active use of the realm forums > show others we have not stop RPing. > twitter use > RP-PvP Campaigns > guilds more role focused > Stop being elitists/hostile towards others OOC > Councilors should be making events and fun, not ruling over city and boss everyone around.
Lyn: RP raids in SW. > So few to RP with
Brig: People should be more approachable. Found start on server very hostile. > We should focus on getting along and not being fucking arseholes to one another. > Scrap council > regular RP hub someplace and stick to it > Improve the server
Arabella: patience with newer roleplayers. > Black Market yay
Kitt: Cath Square, open space of RP anyone could pass by. > to much asking permissions, less random interaction
Krog: go interact with new players and show them RP.
Morg: open RP threads up on forums.
tanz: tavern, inviting all people to RP/Drink. > likes idea of Ashran RP, even if temporary > Twitter to advertise RP
Skaraa: involving random people in RP > People were put off when told "You can not be that!" > SW Council should be less powerful and voluntary, not mandatory. > Rebuilding Inn RP
Furenia: more cross guild cooperation and events. Work together. > Lighten up the mood, give off a more positive atmosphere to all. Stop being toxic > open RP events
Rinoi: important to keep touch eachother > SW RP not something that we can compete with AD > Ashran RP may work > interact with non-rpers > people very shy of engagin in RP that isn't "proper", neat long emotes, waiting response, etc. OOC things. Could aswell be RPing on chat client | > More weight in out-of-guild groups, lighthearted cross guild polination, sharing social circles.
Charlie: RP-PvP Campaign inc! > Council lacks purpose.
Thorvald: SW RP is stale.
Shade: RP in middle of big OOC crowds, in and out. Get their attention, get into their faces. > Does SW Council do anything else than meeting once in week?
Ixirar: Do we need the SW Council/Ministers? > Main Traits of DB was engaging RP-PvP Campaigns and IC infrastructure that was more or less respected by the vast amjority of the server.
Zath: Council is to promote guild stuff like minister of justice sending out troops together instead of just 1 guild, and to make community more fun. Seem to have changed, and ministers are just agents of power ruling with kings word > Council needs improvement
Tnecniw: Announce RP  events in yell/trade/general > SW Council damn boring. > market events.
Vardrek: RP run pub 2x > More RP-PvP is always good > cross guild events > Defiasrp.com ruins RP marketing > use LFRP channel to create RP situations.
Monrena: Lot of arrogance and bloated egos OOC. > Elitists bastards all around, "Banter" is bad > Toxicity  > untill we co-operate and learn where to draw the line.. learn when we begin to upset others, learn to not get ourselves locked into small groups and toxic officer basses in guilds that are all so friendly (friend circles) with one another that they refuse to deal with issues or allow fresh blood into said officers to keep things fresh.. we will struggle to gain more members...
Allonia: Ways to spread IC awareness, general messages and public events than going to the council > Town Crier? > Rumors? > Council is boring. > "I think something that would help the 'toxic atmosphere' thing is if people that disliked eachother just...stopped baiting/interacting?"
Grim: RP with other RP guilds to match your dwindling numbers > Loads of inner conflict among Alliance RPers OOC
Zaraj: What DB can and AD can't is pvp based RP. Campaign, skirmishes. Focus on that > better cooperation and organization between factions.
Demurral: DB is like living in the countruside, AD like in a city. Both have their good and bad sides, and does not hurt to play in both > To much ignoring of characters/concepts/guilds that does not fit the idea of what "our RP" is.
Copper: Go out there and do Acting in front of people > Show other people the joy of Roleplaying by creating a script which allows others to join it

Bottom line? Stop being mean. Be more open and welcoming.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:05 pm

No mention of me? Boo! Hiss!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:31 am

That's because you suck Kelten, get rekt. Boo hiss.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm leaving to AD too, hooray
bai bai all the khul gais and
Spoiler:

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Officer High Morale wrote:I'm leaving to AD too, hooray
Spoiler:

say hi to goldshire for me pls
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Your dig doesn't even make sense. I'm on AD, Adry isn't. You can really put us in the same category no matter if you're being sarcy or serious.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh, well I prolly won't see you anyway in that crowded server so it's fine
hue

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I share your solace, buddy. Don't worry.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Demurral wrote:No mention of me? Boo! Hiss!
Added your there to now. Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Spoiler:

bye bae will miss you xxxoxoxoxo

Spoiler:
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:24 pm

A lot of people have chars on AD or other servers, they main whatever char they main though.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:28 pm

This thread is entertaining and will probably continue to be. Both servers are as good/bad as each other. One is quiet the other is packed. I am playing both and am enjoying both. I've seen good and bad RP on both. Is DB good, no, is it bad no. Is AD the master server, no, is it bad, no.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Glaciera Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abandon all hope.
Come to Private Servers.
Glaciera
Glaciera

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Adry wrote:
Spoiler:

bye bae will miss you xxxoxoxoxo

Spoiler:

K we're gonna have so much fun then cheers

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Called it.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 am

why are AD players still on this site? maybe it proves that this site is exclusive to a select group. Maybe time to move Defias matters to Defias realm or we will wither and disappear up our own ass holes. If you want new RPers it is not from here

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am

This forum has always been full of assholes who shouldn't really be here posting their lame opinions and expecting people to give half a toss. Nothing constructive will ever happen here.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:15 am

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:Called it.

Called what?
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 am

Adry wrote:This forum has always been full of assholes who shouldn't really be here posting their lame opinions and expecting people to give half a toss. Nothing constructive will ever happen here.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 am

Tbf the most toxic thing that happens on Defias these days is when a few jaded people (most of whom haven't even been on Defias for long enough to have seen the actual Defias drama that made this forum notorious, btw) shut down conversations by forcing the topic over to the repeated chanting of "DEFIASRP IS TOXIC"

Nobody cares. If it's so toxic and horrible, fuck off out of this place.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

They are the thing that makes it toxic.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Honestly I haven't noticed this place as being particularly toxic. Not remotely in comparison to other forums I've frequented
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah, this isn't reddit levels of toxic.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm staying here just for banter and cuz I'm forever a DB guy

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next