Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplaying Project

+5
Avein/Numerius
Chase - Esou
Jayse
Gunnell
Maelmoor
9 posters

Go down

The Roleplaying Project Empty The Roleplaying Project

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Some of you have heard of this, others not, we have taken a few footsteps so far and has merely started this (hence we have no IC name atm)

Basicly it is a gathering where we plan events and come up with thoughts and suggestions.

This takes place ICly but always with a ooc raid, as events often requires some ooc discussions.

Icly it is a gathering of people from the Alliance who wish to work together, bind the races closer together and aid each others in an economical and cultural way. The organization does not hold any IC power at all, it is not like a council or senate, there are no "seats" and people can come and join the meetings as they wish. Nor do we plan world-pvp/war related matters.

The reason for this group is cause I noticed there are lot of people with great ideas but maybe doesn't get their voice heard or do not know where to turn when they need help to arrange events.

We also have some "people from the dark side" so we will be able to arrange those kind of events too.

Our events are of course public, so you dont need to be a part of RPP to take part, as they will be announced in the event forum as well as in-game.

So to sum it up:
This is for you who wish to create, share and come with ideas for RP events that extend beyond guild RP.

How do I "join"?
We have very few requirements, only those who are known criminals cannot join ICly but are welcome to contribute oocly, people who enjoy/seek/create drama are also banned, other than so everyone is welcome.

Send me a whisper, in-game mail, message in these forums or write in this topic and I contact you for further information about our meetings/events.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

The Roleplaying Project Empty Re: The Roleplaying Project

Post by Gunnell Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Isn't this.. kind of the point of this forum?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Isn't this.. kind of the point of this forum?

^ This
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Maelmoor wrote:This takes place ICly but always with a ooc raid, as events often requires some ooc discussions.

Not easy to do on the forum m8
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:44 pm

My reply disappeared, anyway:

This is an IC group as well, sure we could RP it out in the forums but I don't see the point with that, also out of experience it is often easier to chat and brainstorm in the game in a raid or channel than post in a forum and considering how well it has gone so far I do not see any harm in it Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avein/Numerius Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 pm

I'll join you, Maelmoor. Whisper me pl0x about the date of the meeting, and I'll come. Ahh my comrad, I kiss your cheeks!
Avein/Numerius
Avein/Numerius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 am

I'm very disappointed that the two first replies to an initiative that should improve RP is basically telling the guy that he shouldn't do it.
I mean, I can hardly see this ruin anything for anyone, no matter what happends - so if you don't have anything positive to say, you don't have to reply, right? (right?)

I support the project and look forward to see what will come out of it Smile
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

Mordazan wrote:I'm very disappointed that the two first replies to an initiative that should improve RP is basically telling the guy that he shouldn't do it.

Spare me the finger wagging, there's doing something that is a worthwhile initiative, or something that is pointless because it already exists. Did we tell him not to do it? No, we asked a question regarding how it was different to the established forum here.

Also something like this IC is liable to become a clusterfunk, quite frankly. Excitied gnomes here, pissed off and always insultive Death Knights there, all of the usual hardarses versus the Lighties and so forth. I can see this IC turning into nothing more than arguments between the various parties that are involved due to the conflicts of interest/races and we all know the majority aren't going to compromise it because "buut itz in charactah!11!". If people don't get their way the first time they ask for it then they're going to complain how its "No different to the racial councils out there" and split off whether influenced IC, OOCly, or both.

Planning events and so forth IC is all well and good if they're on a small scale, however eventually they are going to need some form of organisation out of character - The larger they become, the more organisation and input the require, which is where this forum steps in. As the scope gets larger things are almost always going to be decided upon OOC making the IC part (aside from the actual event itself) pointless, in which case you might as well do so here on this forum or in an OOC chat channel ("/join HappyFunTimeRPEvents" for example).

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Mordazan wrote:I'm very disappointed that the two first replies to an initiative that should improve RP is basically telling the guy that he shouldn't do it.

Spare me the finger wagging, there's doing something that is a worthwhile initiative, or something that is pointless because it already exists. Did we tell him not to do it? No, we asked a question regarding how it was different to the established forum here.

Also something like this IC is liable to become a clusterfunk, quite frankly. Excitied gnomes here, pissed off and always insultive Death Knights there, all of the usual hardarses versus the Lighties and so forth. I can see this IC turning into nothing more than arguments between the various parties that are involved due to the conflicts of interest/races and we all know the majority aren't going to compromise it because "buut itz in charactah!11!". If people don't get their way the first time they ask for it then they're going to complain how its "No different to the racial councils out there" and split off whether influenced IC, OOCly, or both.

Planning events and so forth IC is all well and good if they're on a small scale, however eventually they are going to need some form of organisation out of character - The larger they become, the more organisation and input the require, which is where this forum steps in. As the scope gets larger things are almost always going to be decided upon OOC making the IC part (aside from the actual event itself) pointless, in which case you might as well do so here on this forum or in an OOC chat channel ("/join HappyFunTimeRPEvents" for example).

Um..I think you have misunderstood the whole point with it, but if not, well you don't have to take any part, it's just for those willing and will hardly harm others, if you think it does then all RP should be ceased just as well Wink

(..or you are cranky cause Derby won? Wink )
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Maelmoor wrote:
Um..I think you have misunderstood the whole point with it, but if not, well you don't have to take any part, it's just for those willing and will hardly harm others, if you think it does then all RP should be ceased just as well Wink

Err, no. What I'm saying is aside from having the IC segment tacked on the proceeding is rather pointless considering the majority of those who join and their guilds will very likely already be viewing these forums. It would be much simpler to organise your own sort of.. tacked on IC..thingy for this forum as opposed to going ahead with a new initiative that is more or less the entire point of this forum bar some IC part.

"Looking for Roleplay" and "Events" forum are more or less that 'voices of those people' section. Throw up your advertisment, get those who are interested to form a meeting in-game at some point in a raid (IC and/or OOC) via posting it on the thread and contacting those individuals who aren't on the forum in whispers and away you go.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Maelmoor wrote:

Err, no. What I'm saying is aside from having the IC segment tacked on the proceeding is rather pointless considering the majority of those who join and their guilds will very likely already be viewing these forums. It would be much simpler to organise your own sort of.. tacked on IC..thingy for this forum as opposed to going ahead with a new initiative that is more or less the entire point of this forum bar some IC part.

"Looking for Roleplay" and "Events" forum are more or less that 'voices of those people' section. Throw up your advertisment, get those who are interested to form a meeting in-game at some point in a raid (IC and/or OOC) via posting it on the thread and contacting those individuals who aren't on the forum in whispers and away you go.

I don't agree with such approach and this is something that creates RP, so even if you do not agree with the methods, what harm will it cause you?

The forums are of great use and is a good compliment but it can never replace ways of interacting in the game, both Icly and Oocly, I guess you will have to wait and see before placing your judgement upon us Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Just a little suggestion, not trying to nitpick at all:

Wouldn't it be better to hold the OOC discussion on the forum? People that RP and are in game are hopefully already members here, or should be. But there are RPers here that can't be in game and still have ideas.

Not to mention you can only have fourty people in a raid. Here you would easier reach more people, and you will be able to see everyone's comments as nothing will be spammed away in a raid chat.

If you're uncertain all of the participants are on the forum perhaps it is easier to invite them and give them the link to the forum.

You can even have a live discussion in the ChatBox if you prefer that, and would still reach more people then only 40.

Just an idea.

Edit: Holding it here would also make sure that events you might plan do not clash with other already planned events, which can only hurt RP rather then help it since it'd divide the RPers in groups.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Julia wrote:Just a little suggestion, not trying to nitpick at all:

Wouldn't it be better to hold the OOC discussion on the forum? People that RP and are in game are hopefully already members here, or should be. But there are RPers here that can't be in game and still have ideas.

Not to mention you can only have fourty people in a raid. Here you would easier reach more people, and you will be able to see everyone's comments as nothing will be spammed away in a raid chat.

If you're uncertain all of the participants are on the forum perhaps it is easier to invite them and give them the link to the forum.

You can even have a live discussion in the ChatBox if you prefer that, and would still reach more people then only 40.

Just an idea.

Edit: Holding it here would also make sure that events you might plan do not clash with other already planned events, which can only hurt RP rather then help it since it'd divide the RPers in groups.

The forums might be used in some cases yes, but the main idea is to keep in the game, all events will be announced here where I also check so they don't collide with other events announced in the forum.

I've met many roleplayers who don't want to use forums or for other reasons prefer to communicate in-game as well as those who rather prefer to use forums, you can never please all Wink

I posted here to inform people who have not heard about it and might be interested, we have already started this and people have joined our chat and meetings and come up with some great stuff.

So the concept will not be changed as it is now but thanks for the feedback.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:43 am

Personally I think it's a good idea, may send you a message to join you.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:50 am

Been in on this my self for a long time, and I can only see prospect and wealth come out of it.
It's a collection of RP friendly people that comes toghter for both OOC plannings of events and just some friendly RP.

Much like this forum, yes. But in game, for those that wishes.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down