Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

+47
Cathee Norris
Axebane
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Glaciera
Officer High Morale
Samian/Bismack
Ralegh
Robin Drake
Coppersocket
Paia/Jenit
Jenelle
Izzifix
Demurral
Zaraj
Amaryl
Lavian
Seranita
Sam
Vaell
Tnecniw
Zathoroz
Vardrek/Burgen
Allonia_Miral
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
Rinoi
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Skaraa
Adry
Shadesprocket
Tobias Redeye
Grim
Tantzui
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Morgaan
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Kittrina
Arabella Greene
Brigs Morgan
Lyniath
Beladon
nope
siegmund
Skarain
51 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 2 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Lyniath Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:13 am

Shadesprocket wrote:Had the idea of spazzing out on twitter as a toon as well after looking at the w-pvp'ers having a great time of it, just wonder how long it'll last.

Bunch of us have done that, though it's been a kinda inside-joke level thing
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying? - Page 2 Empty Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by nope Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Grim wrote:Probably wouldn't last long, but it would be fun to give it a go!

Could even make it truly IC and say that it's a goblin-made social network called "The Written Intelligence Tethered Transportation Economy Responder." or something

I think Moonguard or something had an ic twitter, it had to do with tomes that transferred writing or something? Or noises. Idk. I mean I'm having a blast with it so far.
nope
nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I made a Blood Wolf Twitter account. Not tweeted or anything yet, 'cos its all a bit lonely.

Are there any other guilds / characters on Twitter? Any recommendations of other pages to follow in order to spread the word about RP a bit?
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

I'm going to make an IC one when I've gotten the upgraded selfie cam, since the first version isn't a toy so I only have it on my Mage.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:44 pm

I need that damn selfie cam. And I hate myself for saying that.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Grim wrote:I need that damn selfie cam. And I hate myself for saying that.

You are bad, and should feel bad. Neutral
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:17 am

Involving random people in RP (even people acting stupid and trolling) really does work sometimes. Back in the early days ToB it was a social guild that recruited pretty much anyone and encouraged RP with events and so on (we had RP officers and so on, such as yours truly). We actually managed to get a fair few people who may otherwise never have tried role playing into our guild storyline and events.

It wasn't the greatest model for an RP guild, I will freely admit. We did encounter problems such as staunch OOCers meeting other RP guild members out in the world. But it was certainly an interesting experience.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 am

Skarain wrote:
-Roleplay in locations that are open for everyone to come and go to, like Stormshield! Instanced RP, bubble RP is not good for the community as it hides us from the prying eyes of the public. Going into hidden locations from time to time is fine, but we should try to be where the players are. I for one thing that Ashran and Stormshield are great places for Roleplaying! Stormshield looks absolutely gorgeous and because of Garrisons it's not even as overwhelmingly crowded as Shrines used to be during MoP! There also won't be hovering flying mounts everywhere, which is great for immersion. The Inn, the Barracks, the Mess Hall, Mage tower... everything expect the Bank and Auction House are great looking areas with seldom use and would work great to roleplay at.
Also to add, what do people think... would it be possible to move all Stormwind City RP to Stormshield temporarily? For a week or two? There is construction at place, so Workers could be taken from Stormwind to Stormshield to work with the many building projects, and some guards move there to - to help maintain the order and ensure worker safety. If the area is raided by Horde WPvP, you could easily take an emergency portal back into Stormwind safety.

I just can't think of a better way to smack the roleplaying community to people faces than to have the Faction Capital of the expansion populated with Roleplayers, guards patrolling on the streets, workers hammering on the buildings, people getting smashed in the tavern and so-on... even if only temporarily.

My only concern is the low lvls who wants to have their city RP but can't go to stormshield due to their lvl. Sure a warlock can summon, but how often are they around, besides it's a quite big effort.
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Just heard some more alliance guilds will be abandoning ship and moving towards AD. I think with these losses, Defias Brotherhoods Alliance RP scene is even more dire than before.

We shall stay where we are and go down with the ship....Ladies, Gentlemen, who will join us in one more song.

Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Yeah, heard several people saying that as well. Particularly some of the guilds that have been keeping random RP alive alliance-side.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Who we losing now? Crying or Very sad
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 pm

The two lovebirds, criminals and guards.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Time for damage control
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:51 pm

All the more reasons to do more cross guild cooperation and events. The only way to keep the RP scene alive is by working together. If every guild is doing who knows what in who knows where on its own then I feel like -everything- is going to die out.
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:54 pm

I and The Azure Flame will be bring out a (Black) market event within a week. The forum posts are all ready. I just need to decide upon the day when a weekly/every 2nd weekly market event could take place.

Suggestions on the day? I am thinking of Friday or Saturday, since BotB have their Gmeeting on Mondays, SW council on Tuesdays, i run RBG's on Wednesdays, NG's Guild meeting & Open RBG's are on Thursday... and nothing is to my knowledge on the days of the weekend. People like to go drink at then, sure, but not really having many other days to pick from.

Open for other suggestions to.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:59 am

I will say it's kinda depressing, that I got bored and started levelling an alt on AD where I passed a bunch of people RPing at 2am, and here I can barely find stuff in the middle of SW at peak hour. I know there's a disparity between population, but didn't know it was THAT much.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:36 am

We are not officially leaving as it is yet. If we ever decide to make the move there will be an official post . Which there's not such yet !

We're going still fight for defias but sadly were losing a part that consists on the function of our rp of the already bin chunk we already lost in order to function as we should.. Despise that My officers, members and myself we been trying really hard to keep activities going on for everyone interested .
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:10 am

Iriel Silversong wrote:We are not officially leaving as it is yet. If we ever decide to make the move there will be an official post . Which there's not such yet !

We're going still fight for defias but sadly were losing a part that consists on the function of our rp of the already bin chunk we already lost in order to function as we should.. Despise that My officers, members and myself we been trying really hard to keep activities going on for everyone interested .

if you're looking for trouble makers, my guild can definetly lend a hand....However, the cartel has probably 5x times more members than we do
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 am

It's sad news to hear two pillars of activity in Stormwind are considering leaving. I agree with Furenia, it's important that we get in touch with eachother to keep RP from getting stale within our separate lil' groups.

I am guilty of this with the Band, as I've taken them to Draenor alone and we have kept mostly to ourself, self-sufficient with events here. It was my intention, and still is, to do more cross-guild events. We had a fun RP-PvP event with the painted skulls some time back. However, I've not been able to keep up with seeking contact and creating cross-events on top of the other stuff I've aimed to do. I am not sure if I can do much else, but if people have any suggestions for myself or the Band I am happy to hear them. As a resident of the server, I don't want to see it 'fail', but neither do I want to abandon the concept of my guild to 'move back home' to Stormwind, so we can all wander around pointlessly together.

Keeping Stormwind-RP alive is something I can see the value in, but at the same time it's such an incredibly overplayed thing that thrives so much more on AD. I find it hard to see what we can add to rival this, that isn't too vague, too niche or too dull to do on your own, as right now you simply cannot rely on other guilds to bounce off from. Guards and Criminals have long been a staple, and the only constant in the city, and they only exist because of their symbiotic relationship with each other. The Band kept the Pig and Whistle alive in the months before the expansion, which certainly added some activity to the city- but even then, the exact same lack of activity was discussed and lamented at that time.

I liked the idea of moving some RP to Stormshield. I've tried openly RP'ing in Stormshield a few times now, and so far I've had very little 'loller' interruptions. Certainly people not considered RP'ers interacting- but the experience has not been negative at all, quite the contrary. I try to latch on and engage back to these people as much as I can. Emoting I dropped some coins, only to have someone emote them taking one and running off. Why not! Great stuff. I'll try to do more of it for sure.

In general, I feel people have become so shy of engaging in any RP that isn't 'proper', that is to say, consisting of neat emotes written by people with an RSP, waiting kindly on their reply, etc. Being killed, mobs interrupting, NPC's walking by, all these things are considered OOC. We might as well play in just a chat client. The alternative is far less clean, with much bigger liberties taken, but it is what made RP on an RP-PvP realm manageable.

This turned into a weird rant. To bottomline it; The Band is still here, and we want to get involved with people, known RP'ers or new folks, bring it on.
Rinoi
Rinoi

Character sheet
Name: Rinoi Du'nai
Title: The Chief

http://bandofthebrave.host-power.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

Let's kick another RP-PvP campaign into overdrive, k?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am

As I'm not good with words I will just have to say that I agreed with Rinoi's statement and say that Stormwind roleplay simply has gone stale.. It is the same kind shit colored underwear that Defias has worn for the last few years we have turned this filthy underwear inside out several times, however the smell of dung, piss and other unnameable entities has finally caught up to our nose. I'm writing down this knowing that a lot of people will argue with me about it, however it is just the way I feel about Stormwind roleplay these days after living there ever since TTH was disbanded.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 am

I'm going to be cheesy about this and say we need to lighten up because imo the only thing putting us down is ourselves. Of course RP is going to be dead if our response to someone "How is RP on this server?" is "The community is toxic, RP is dead. Come to AD".

So as I said before, here's what we need to do:

Shake hands with each other, give a smile and work together to
a) Give off a more positive atmosphere - and not just to newcomers but among ourselves aswell

b) Start doing more guild collabs, open RP events, cross guild RP in general. I believe that no matter what the guild is about, there is ALWAYS things that could be done together with other guilds. Whether guild X is one about gnome navy special forces and the Y is an organisation of homeless junkies addicted to apple pies.

Might seem like the two have nothing in common, heck maybe they really do have nothing in common in which case is the time to use your imagination and creativity. True, you can only go as far without making it look completely forced but given the situation on the server, we can't be picky and now it just falls down to the sheer will of wanting to work and do something to improve things or just sit back and say "Shit, it's not gonna work"
Tobias Redeye
Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:26 am

How many alliance guilds are there out in the world atm. anyway? Where? It would be a shame if we crossed same zones without having any interaction at all! :>
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am

To my knowledge, there's Band of the Brave in Draenor, and Nature's Grasp in northern Kalimdor. And Skarain's guild, but I'm not sure where they are.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:52 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:To my knowledge, there's Band of the Brave in Draenor, and Nature's Grasp in northern Kalimdor. And Skarain's guild, but I'm not sure where they are.

Dun Morogh right now
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next