Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique IC Weapons

+23
Lexgrad
Killian
Nifty
Rmuffn
Samian/Bismack
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lavian
Dréfurion
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Seranita
Melnerag
siegmund
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Krogon Devilstep
Celistra
Thrakha
Ledgic
Grufftoof
Vaell
Zalissa
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Unique IC Weapons - Page 4 Empty Re: Unique IC Weapons

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Noted I think i rushed it a little i have had this in the making for some time and i failed in telling properly what it is.. im about to go work but when I get back.. this very post will be edited for a proper version of it

Edit: I hope you do enjoy it XD

Last edited by Monrena on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Working on Christmas eve? Sucks to be you. Okay! I look forward to what you come up with. Good luck Very Happy
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm

To push Zalorah's point a bit further, the reason I'm incredibly interested in the idea is because it provides meaning to simple items/creates events around them.

A http://www.wowhead.com/item=82824 could suddenly become a great weapon that could take weeks to find and wield. You could spread different parts of it around and you have to collect it. It can really enrich the RP.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 pm

The Manarend:

I was going to re-write and tweak the actual writing attached to the blade, there are a few grammatical errors that bug me. My wording probably mis-communicated some of the fine details, I'll provide a summary bellow and add a more eloquent description later. Manarend has its own GHI item at present, and is up for grabs for any cultist, collector or sword-maniac on the go! You just have to get past the purple hat first.

Manarend:
PROS
- Ability to nullify magic, and drain their mana.
- Increases sharpness with more mana.
- Increases physical impact with more mana.
- Can be employed as a shield against magical assaults.
- Can be used as a stationary supression ward, impaling it through objects/offenders.
CONS
- Increasing levels of power require heavier quantities of mana from the wielder to sustain the effect.
- Unable to make distinctions between friend or foe, devours self-cast magic such as Mage Armours, Wards, Barriers or Enchantments.
- Persistant draining debuff makes casting difficult while unsheathed.
- Has no shut-off point, will continue to drain the wielder until dropped or sheathed.
- Depending on the gravity of the spell it is being used to counter, it will take some time to process the mana. Chain counters often impossible.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:42 pm

YOU CAN GIVE YOUR OPINION WITH OR WITHOUT VOUCHING.

BUT IF PEOPLE GIVE THEIR OPINIONS WITHOUT VOUCHING, WHY DO YOU HAVE A VOUCH SYSTEM? PEOPLE WILL HAVE EVEN LESS CHANCE OF GETTING TEN VOUCHES.

If you say, "you should have ten vouches to show your weapon is okay", or even just suggest that, then people will either not use it if they don't get ten vouches, or they will use it regardless. Vouches aren't even necessarily bad, but when you mention a number of vouches, then there are the people who will stick by that number and the people who will ignore it entirely, so it makes the system useless, and it makes it seem an attempt at controlling what people can and can't use.

you can actually be open minded
so Raenmar you can go and take a flying fuck to yourself you paranoid freak,

Clearly.

can you all honestly not be unbiased for 5 minutes to give an opinion on someones idea?

Yes. Am I going to trawl through dozens of threads and give an opinion on every idea? No. I never said nobody would, calm the fuck down.. Obviously people will. But not necessarily ten people.

And no, this is not going to be a regulated nazi camp, you DON'T need to have your weapon ctiriqued and examined here to be able to use it, nor does it have to be accepted. If you don't get ten vouches I'm not saying you're not allowed to RP with it, I'm simply giving you the opportunity to have it recognised here

Having a set number of vouches to be "accepted" makes it seem that way. Do you honestly believe a new RPer that reads about this won't consider it necessary or at least feel pressured towards it, and that they'd do it without ten vouches?

Besides, if someone gives you criticism on it, aren't you likely to examine what you've made and adjust/tweak things in regard to that persons comment?

I'm not going to adjust things because I don't get vouches. If it was a system just to give people the opportunity to give opinions and criticism, then it would be more effective. I really don't see the point in vouches at all.

if all you want to do here is whine in threads about ideas

Not really, but I'll give my opinions on ideas while I'm here.

and the fact this forum exists,

When have I whined about the fact that DefiasRP exists in this thread?

But whatever. Pointless arguing this anymore.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Raenmar, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'd bet a bollock that you were picked last for all sporting events and this is bringing up bad memories.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Vaell wrote:Raenmar, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'd bet a bollock that you were picked last for all sporting events and this is bringing up bad memories.

You are no shining pedestal of maturity either, he's 16, at least he has an excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:
Vaell wrote:Raenmar, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'd bet a bollock that you were picked last for all sporting events and this is bringing up bad memories.

You are no shining pedestal of maturity either, he's 16, at least he has an excuse.
Let us not turn this thread into some silly argument fest. After all, we're not all strapping young lads like yourself!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Zalissa/Alorah wrote:
Verrine:
Keep 'em coming, Defias Brotherhood.

Well I havn't done anything with it regarding GHI in a long time. I don't have GHI right now yet but I did in the past, however thats lost to the abyss. When I mean it falters against night elves I mean those who can actually cast spells of her nature. Obviously the weakness is more prone to stronger casts then those of a weaker nature. My knowledge in general about Elune and the night elves has been rusty for a long time but I believed ones touch to Elune differianted in strength, could be wrong there though. Been a long time. Like the idea about the life-force buffs but we'll see if anything ever comes forward with the sword again. As I stated Eira has it for the moment and would go under the catagory of "weak forces".
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Also. Keep to Zal's thread without the bitching. Anything from here will just be removed.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 am

Drustai wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:Would people feel comfortable making the items in GHI and then actually, if the scenario ever arose ICly, losing them to another player?

Have already lost my weapon to other players. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with this really. Though I haven't made a GHI item for my weapon. Should do that, really.

Please do this it would be very helpful!
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Could blueprints/schematics to unique IC weapons be applied to this aswell?
As stealing them and building them promotes RP.
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Weapon Name: Winters Bite

Weapon Power: The Power that a very well forged Runeblade, full of hundreds of souls and wielded by a killing machine would have.

Weapon Lore: A Master crafted Vampiric Runeblade, forged in the Acherus for Warlord Lexgrad Bleakind after his promotion to the higher escalations of the Ebon Blade during the war in Northrend. The blade was born by Lexgrad for the remainder of the war and up until his conversion to the light where it was reportedly destroyed by Lexgrad upon his conversion to the Light. The amount of souls it had consumed in this period is unknown, it is known that his previous Runeblade was also emptied into Winters Bite, along with the blades of many other Death knights who were slain by Lexgrad.

The Blade is made in the same style as the standard issue, Acherus forged runeblades but differs in that it is a pure snow white in colour and glows with a fierce light. It is covered in sky blue runes.

The Blade is publicly proclaimed as "unmade" by Lexgrad, however there seems to be a lack of witnesses to support this claim. The exact fate of the blade seems to be some what uncertain.

Weapon Level: 7? idk really, if you want to look for it you will if it was a 1 or a 10

Public Knowledge: It was once a powerful Death Knight Runeblade and a breaker of souls. Who can say how much power is left inside it.
Secret Knowledge: As it was closely connected to Lexgrad who can say if it still has power over him now.

(Not looking for vouches, but if anyone is ever curious about its fate you are welcome to poke me)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 am

Before I outline my own item, I was thinking of recommending to change this thread a little and give it an IC standpoint as well. In what way? Well, basically in the way that this wouldn't just be an OOC catalogue, but also an IC one available to those involved in such a place where information of this kind is collected.

I was thinking of a place such as Dalaran.

My item:

Unique IC Weapons - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA8toxuTe6q7W2gATAYcdeZoJj1DXM4WXxb8PFyOketzqkSgt-tw

Weapon Name: Sphere of Light

Weapon Power: In it's Light blessed form, this item has the ability to heal extensive injuries on the living. In it's corrupted form, it has the power to raise the dead into mindless servants.

Weapon Lore: AN artifact that was created by the High Elves as a gift to the human races for their assistance against the Amani Troll's, the item was then passed down from Light user to Light user eventually finding it's way to the Silver Hand.

Weapon Level: 7 in Light form. 8.5 in Shadow form (current)
Location: Last information is from Plaguelands. Members of Vangrel's circle & Horde Arcane Conclave would know that the artifact was stolen from a Forsaken expedition a week and a half ago after being retrieved in it's corrupted form.

Public Knowledge: N/A
Secret Knowledge: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 am

You are no shining pedestal of maturity either, he's 16

*Looks at his own age and chuckles* Well feck ye :p

Spoiler:
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:12 am

I like this thread and idea. I want to see more posted here as I find peoples weapons quite interesting and I will myself post here soon, to showcase daggers from Helmuts collection.

Oh and Zalorah, as the start and middle of this thread is all flame maybe you can post all weapons that has been put here up in the first post, maknig it a encyclopedia over defiasRP weapons. Put the creator/owners name after each weapon swell. Smile
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Agree with the massive Helm. Love to see pics of said weapons aswell, maybe a wiki type page. I shall be adding to this in due time.
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm

I think I will start posting up random artifacts with weird qualities for people to hunt down and build events surrounding those.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 pm

I both like and dislike the idea on which this thread is posted upon. Granting players powerful magic artifacts such as the example weapons which have been listed does grant a lot of role play. However it also makes that person a bit special. The special people who hold such powers are always sent of to war, to fight for the Alliance or Horde, because they're above the normal caster or fighter due to what they have.

Also with this the Kirin tor often are known to collect such artifacts are store them away so they cannot be misused, just like the Blue Dragonflight used to do until they disbanded.

From my own point if view I personally feel people shouldn't take upon them such weapons which give them such a buff, as well as debuffs, such as the example staff which ages the user if they invoke its powers. Because of the reasons above. This might of course just be me, and if people do go with it I shall as well.

John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm

The only 'legendary' weapon any of my characters ever owned was the simple, not magic whatsoever, rusty dagger my rogue Siluen was dropped into Zangramarsh with and where she had to survive for a period of time. That being her only equipment. It was not very legendary at all, this dagger, on the contrary, but it is something she still speaks of and which holds a special place in her wicked heart. (... Not litteraly.) Smile

Special items are fun and creative. But I prefer stuff with a nice story or an artifact that could influence a whole group of people and thus create Rp over some sort of second Frostmorne. I would find it highly likely to get shanked over possessing something that special. xD
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Emrys wrote:The only 'legendary' weapon any of my characters ever owned was the simple, not magic whatsoever, rusty dagger my rogue Siluen was dropped into Zangramarsh with and where she had to survive for a period of time. That being her only equipment. It was not very legendary at all, this dagger, on the contrary, but it is something she still speaks of and which holds a special place in her wicked heart. (... Not litteraly.) Smile

Special items are fun and creative. But I prefer stuff with a nice story or an artifact that could influence a whole group of people and thus create Rp over some sort of second Frostmorne. I would find it highly likely to get shanked over possessing something that special. xD

I agree with the Frostmorne part, but I highly doubt people are wishing to do that. If they did it would indeed most likyl be shunned for being OP. As for your own weapon, I think that is perfectly fine. It holds nothing that would change or shape your toon, and make him or her stand out. But if staffs were brought it what were imbued with deep arcane powers, then the most logical result would be being called to war, or having the item taken by the Kirin tor, and stored away. While there can indeed be great events planned for uncovering such items I do feel people should take this into consideration. While powers within artifacts may help, and also harm the user, I feel in role play that it will unbalance in fights between players. Of course this is just my own view, and I would like to hear what people think on the subject.
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm

But role-playing isn't about winning. It doesn't matter if someone is OP as long as they aren't going around trying to flaunt/fight others. This does happen but with artifacts, as long as they have a buff and debuff, I'm all for them.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Silverweave Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Vaell wrote:But role-playing isn't about winning. It doesn't matter if someone is OP as long as they aren't going around trying to flaunt/fight others. This does happen but with artifacts, as long as they have a buff and debuff, I'm all for them.

No, you're quite right there, it isn't. However some people once getting on their hands on such a weapon might want to test it, and of course fight more to demonstrate their power and worth. Of course that's all ic. But I do feel that fighting role play should be fair and equal. Some toons have strong points, and equal strong negative points to counter that. Yet if they find such a weapon that removes their negative points then it makes that person special to the point that they'll be a hero of sorts. I'm not saying everyone one will do this. But if one person does get such a weapon then more people will want to be just like that person, and the trend spreads. I'm all for enchanted items which give a minor boon to a player, such as a enchanted staff which grants more mana regeneration to a player. So in a fight they'll be able to cast an extra spell when normally they would be drained otherwise, and only get one more spell from such an item. I do keep coming back to fights because this of course is where most of the weapons will be implemented with their effects .
John Silverweave
John Silverweave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4