Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers

3 posters

Go down

Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers Empty Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers

Post by Skaraa Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm not speaking to the qualifications or authority of this first guy, but a lot of what he is saying in the few videos here is pretty good. At the very least, it is better information that is supplied and presumed by video games.
Might be useful for RPers, I'm not saying we all need to be experts on real sword fighting, but it is interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And a very long one here with two Youtubers discussing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Of which there isn't (according to them) much historical evidence.

Outside of that particular guy and his charming sidekicks, we have some other videos that are pretty good. Like this one featuring Brian Blessed and an historian fighting expert, made by Creative Assembly to advertise Rome II Total War: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And if we want the professional touch there is Mike Loades, a general historian and medieval weapons enthusiast who did a documentary series about British medieval weapons that is available on Youtube: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - The one about Longbows is very good.

I just enjoyed watching a few of them, and thought I'd pass the links along.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers Empty Re: Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers

Post by siegmund Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Oh i've seen some of these videos before, nice. Interested on looking on some more things!

I've found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very insightful as well who is part of HEMA. Of course there are many people about with good insight.

I know there were some other threads alike to this one though but can't be bothered to find them right now.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers Empty Re: Swords, Axes, Weapons - Videos that may help RPers

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Enjoyable vids. My problem with vids like these is... As a total noob... I wouldn't have the slightest clue to what degree their vids are more accurate than other sources.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down