Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique IC Weapons

+23
Lexgrad
Killian
Nifty
Rmuffn
Samian/Bismack
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lavian
Dréfurion
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Seranita
Melnerag
siegmund
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Krogon Devilstep
Celistra
Thrakha
Ledgic
Grufftoof
Vaell
Zalissa
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Unique IC Weapons Empty Unique IC Weapons

Post by Zalissa Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 pm

How come NPC's get all the fun? I mean surely there's plenty of books in game that tell you about unique weapons such as the Ashbringer, Frostmourne and about the other known magical weapons in Azeroth, some people might even RP collectors – if this goes to plan we can have RP growing all over the place.
So why don't we make some kind of system to discuss and vouch "legendary" weapons our own characters may or may not possess.
And here is how I figured we could work this, we present our idea for our weapon, and then we have people of the forum approve or disprove of it with a reasonable and valid point, lets say for now, TEN vouches is an approval. And then when your weapon post has been approved, we have one of our lovely moderators (our us) mark:

[THIS ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED] beneath the post.
Why ten? It stops people abusing the system. And with a large number of vouches needed it'll encourage people to interract with other players. "Rate my weapon, buddy." Also when ten vouches are made, I will make a list in the post below with accepted items.

But before I continue there must be several factors that stand in place.
(These rules are subject to edit, seeing as this is an entirely new concept).

If the item is for YOUR character:

• High-class weapons are not just for anyone, they should be as few and far between as possible. I have a lot of characters myself and I'm only going to give one a weapon of worth Try and limit yourself.
  • You must provide where your character got the item from and consider that randomly finding such things is a very, very rare occurrance. And give a better reason other than "it got passed down thru muh family" Items such as, "Ancestor's Blade" really shouldn’t be included. This is for artifacts of great worth to tempt other players to seek them. This isn't a list of your accessories, but if you present a worthy reason exceptions can be made.
  • You have to explain the items pro's and con's. If your item has a heavy advantage, you must think of a disadvantage to it as well that balances the weapon so it's fair.
  • Items should be approved by others before being accepted. This isn't to say that you can't use the item, if everyone says no, but instead you will realise that other people may see it as overpowered/metagaming, giving you a chance to alter it.
  • Lore items should be avoided at all cost, though lore related items (for example, a bone-chip from Archimonde's foot etc) could be possible to acquire to be a reagent for a weapon.

If you are OOCly CREATING a weapon for characters to ICly pursue:

• All of the above still applies, but this is a little more free reign as you don’t need to consider the how’s and why’s of how your character came to own this item. Instead, you have to consider where the item is, the challenges that face collectors from obtaining it, and how easy you wish the search to be. Remember you can always be an absolute bastard and have the item cursed; if you mention that or not is entirely up to you, example:
    It is said the Banhammer holds a deadly curse, one which cripples the man who touches it in attempt to wield is power. It is said… But it is not known.

Basic Template
(you may include an icon for your weapon if you feel like it).
Weapon Name: (anything you like)
Weapon Power: (must include a weakness/downside if needed)
Weapon Lore: (self-explanitory)
Weapon Level: (this is a notoriety level that distinguishes how powerful your weapon is, the higher the more value and the more chance people are going to hunt for it, 10 being the highest.)
Location: (where this item can be found if it is un-owned, or who the owner is etc. also explain how the owner came to have it)
Public Knowledge: (legends, stories, fables etc]
Secret Knowledge: (curses. Rumors of curses could also be put in public knowledge, as ambiguous as you like).

Should we think up enough weapons on our own, we could perhaps make a book in the Library section with all of the weapons mentioned. I'd also like to get a Legendary Artifact/Item thread as well, which could be handy.
Lets give this a try then, eh? I love you

Last edited by Zalissa/Alorah on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Unique IC Weapons Empty Re: Unique IC Weapons

Post by Zalissa Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Reserved
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 pm

this is shit

Joking aside. As you very well know I love this idea and hope to see it being taken advantage of. Also, I would implore a moderator to sticky this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:42 pm

You shouldn't put this into one thread, as I suggested before. This needs its own sub-section so that people can put up their item and it can be discussed without too much spam. Otherwise it might get confusing!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:48 pm

This is good, I know there was an "equipment" thread somewhere (I did try and search, but I'm drunk).

Anyway, groovy idea. Sticky, maybe, let's see.

My great RP weapons to follow...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Vaell does have a point re discussion. Will get back to everyone ASAP. Maybe something.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Big fan of this idea!

Out of interest (and it'll help the mod discussion) are we fine with the idea of making it say, a sub forum in the game related section? I've been looking at Drustai's earlier suggestion and whether that required it's own forum entirely as well. Perhaps we can find a way to create a new section that combines both.

Do let me know!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Interesting idea, not so sold on the 'ten vouches' plan. The vouches should be a reality check, not a popularity contest.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Well, it doesn't really matter what you call them. Whether we call them votes, vouches or comments, people are still going to know if their idea is considered daft by the community here.

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Thrakha wrote:Interesting idea, not so sold on the 'ten vouches' plan. The vouches should be a reality check, not a popularity contest.

I really like this idea, but I have to agree with the above quote, Don't wont to see it being only those that are popular getting their weapons approved, perhaps a smaller number of vouches?

I would also like to expand the idea to other items not just weapons, for instance if someone has a special spell book
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Honestly, I don't see how the vouches will become a popularity contest. If it ends up being something that is perceived to be working out for people, rather than the weapons themselves, then people will stop using the system anyway.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Grufftoof wrote:This is good, I know there was an "equipment" thread somewhere (I did try and search, but I'm drunk).

Anyway, groovy idea. Sticky, maybe, let's see.

My great RP weapons to follow...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Vaell does have a point re discussion. Will get back to everyone ASAP. Maybe something.

here you go.

http://www.defiasrp.com/t4017-your-characters-equipment

its been bumped too.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:14 pm

That thread is a little different to mine, Krog. Maybe if this does get a sub forum it'd be worth while to include that for general character equipment or something. I'm pretty sure Larnira made a thread like it too. Also, Awendra if this gets a sub forum we can make something for magical items. That's an idea Vaell's been pushing on me since i mentioned I'd be making this.

In regard to people disliking the vouches, it's an invite for you to listen to other people's ideas, if you think you're knowledgable enough on what's ICly too powerful and what's acceptable enough for your friends item, you can do it for someone else's as well. I've just made it so many because any moron can get 4 of his friends to come on and express acceptance for something OP.
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Yeah, Alorah's idea is much more of an elite item thread which would require a lot more discussing, hence why I really wanted to see a sub-forum for it (so thank you mods for responding quickly!) It is a brilliant idea because you could also have sensible items created for continous events, for example...

Weapon Name:
The Stone of Tala'kil
Weapon Power:The ability to grant anyone immense arcane power when holding it. The wielder will age at a much faster rate (an hour becoming a year). They would also hear the voice of Tala'kil when wielding the stone.
Weapon Lore:
Long ago, a troll by the name of Tala'kil sought to harnass immense raw energy and contain within a qula stone. Everytime he tried, the stone cracked and crumbled. Only his only mana source would keep the qula stones from breaking. So he held onto it, every day filling it with his own mana pool. As the years passed and he grew paranoid that others might steal it. Impatiently, he attempted a spell to prevent his aging so that he may always be its strong guardian, but the spell backfired and instead, the great Tala'kil cursed the stone. He felt death coming and so as a final act, he dug deep. Deep into the earth and buried himself alive so that he may never be parted from it.
Weapon Level: 8
Public Knowledge: It is said that a troll, after a great battle that his kind lost, once created the secret to an unstoppable power and contained the power in a stone for the future of his race to grasp it and defeat any enemy that stood in their way. The stone has been long lost in the jungles of Stranglethorn.
Secret Knowledge: That is actually ages the one who wields it.

I couldn't be arsed to do it with the example, but you could perhaps put up a map of the area and say how one would go about finding it, so for example put grid lines and say that they'd need to roll once a day during the hunt and 51+ will point them a grid closer. Anything below that will send them a grid away. This would then mean you'd have to have a fair amount of luck to find it because you could get 1 grid away from it and then just start having the worst week of rolls and be completely lost again.

Encourages exploration!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 pm

(( Tried my hand at an example, is this what you were looking for Alorah? Also, if an item is represented by an actual in-game model; perhaps it could be listed? Just a thought for the initial template.))

Unique IC Weapons Inv_sw11

Weapon Name: The Manarend

Weapon Power: "An Arcane Runeblade, created for the purpose of defeating an enemy wielding immense magical strength by turning their spells against them. As the two words that make up its name suggests, Mana and Rend, it feeds on the finite mana of its wielder; and that of all spellcraft. When drawn from its protective scabbard, the Manarend slowly siphons off mana from the holder to keen its edge and increase the impact of each swing. There is no supposed limit to how great its power can become, but that brings an equal risk...

The blade is a gluttonous beast of enchanted silver and magic, it gives no consideration to its wielder. Spells cast on the owner are eaten by the sword all the same, and spellcraft becomes increasingly difficult while it devours its masters source. Should one faint or otherwise collapse, the blade still drinks, leading to a potential end of the swordsman.
" - Arenfel Serpentine, Abjurer of the Kirin-Tor.

Weapon Lore: The weapon was created over a century ago, by Joran Serentyne - now Arenfel Serpentine - of Redridge. As his own understanding of the Arcane grew, he came to realize that matching power with power would eventually lead to a stalemate. Enemies who employ the mystic arts against one another, will inevitably enlist greater and greater spells - leaving ever growing levels of destruction and perversion of the Ley in their wake.

To counter this, the Manarend was forged. A runeblade which would break apart magical attacks and enchantments to their base element of mana, and re-work it into the sword; transcribing the siphoned energy to physical prowess. Unfortunately there was no way to rune the metal in such a way, that it would make a distinction between enemy and friendly spellcraft. It was never used on the scale that its master had intended, and the sketched blueprints were burned - the only copy of the runic algorithm lays in the inscribed silver of Manarend itself, should anybody wish to take it.

Weapon Level: Six.

Public Knowledge: The Manarend has been used on few battlefields to date, by fewer wielders. It was once used against the Necromancer Drustai by a selection of Kirin-Tor, though "how" it was implimented in her initial defeat is not known to most. It has been seen in combat by other individuals, such as Alorah Starwhisper and Irene Silversong; though neither of the two or its master have been seen wielding it for any time beyond a few minutes each.

Secret Knowledge: Rumours circulate that the blades vampiric hungers can be turned on an enemy directly, by running it through their body.

Represented by: http://www.wowhead.com/item=17103

(( The writing annoys me, it's probably full of errors and grammatical mistakes. Manarend is a silly little piece of lore that I brought into Arenfel's character last year, and since then its been used a total of four times approx. If anybody wants to try and steal the sword or learn from it in some way, you're welcome to! Let me know of any inconsistancies with my interpretation of the weapon and its workings, and that of actual lore. Got this funny feeling I fudged up a detail or twenty. ))
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Unique IC Weapons Inv_sword_2h_blood_b_02

Weapon Name: Blood Dagger
Weapon Power: Draws blood from a struck target. The blood so drained is placed into a vial inside the handle, which can be removed from the weapon. The dagger itself is therefore not a terribly powerful combat weapon, but instead serves as a very useful tool for collecting blood for use in blood magic.
Weapon Lore: The weapon was created by Theraluin Dawnspire, and there are at least two in existence. One is owned by Theraluin himself, and the other was given to Drustai the Necromancer, when she was his apprentice in blood magic.
Weapon Level: One
Location: The first remains in Theraluin's hands. The second has been confiscated by the Forlorn Cartel, when they mugged Drustai at the Stormwind Graveyard.
Public Knowledge: Drustai has often used her dagger in the process of medical work, as it very efficiently clears wound sites of excess blood.
Secret Knowledge: None

(Rargnasha, let me know if there's anything else I should mention since it's your weapon!)

By the way, I don't like the idea of vouches at all. I find that to be needless red tape. A weapon should be considered acceptable by default, and only disqualified if people take serious offense to it.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Vaell wrote:Encourages exploration!

I'll take it! Freelancers FORM UP!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:53 pm

(Just for the heck of it)

Weapon Name: Ioanna's Warhammer, Hammer of the Warrior-Abbess
Weapon Power:
(+) This heavy, two-handed warhammer is capable of delivering devastating holy blows against the demons and protects the wielder from fel magic and can be used to parry and deflect demonic attacks far greater than allowed by hammer's own structural endurance and wielder's strength.
(-) The warhammer is humble steel head set on a simple wooden shaft. Its demonslaying powers aside, it is an inferior weapon in the world of mithril and adamantite.
Weapon Lore: This warhammer has been forged from the shards of a simple mace wielded by Ioanna, Vicar of Anethion in her three battles against the greater demon Teldorn summoned by the Dark Sphere. The shards acquired their power when Vicar Ioanna challenged the Dark Master of the Sphere to allow her to duel his demonic champion in exchange for allowing the defeated and encircled forces of the Chapter to retreat. The mace was shattered in the duel. The shards were retrieved, and forged into a new, heavier weapon which Ioanna used until her death.

The hammer was recognized as a Holy Relic by decree of Vicar Osmand and is held in Northshire Reliquary where it is a focus of prayer for devoted Lector-militants and Shadowbreakers.
Weapon Level: ?
Location: Shadowbreaker Reliquary, Arms Wing, Northshire Abbey
Public Knowledge: It is said that the hammer was removed from the reliquary by brother Greagoir Otto, later Knight-vanquisher, in his battle against the demoness Ireth. Vile rumours suggest that brother Greagoir never returned the true relic to its shrine and replaced it with a fake.

Athanasian remnants, the survivors of a sect mercilessly butchered on Ioanna's orders, view the hammer as a weapon of an usurper, of a tyrant-priestess and a mass-murderess. They are responsible for less-than-flattering rumours about the hammer, some going as far as to suggest that when the Legion will invade Azeroth again, the Lord of the Legion will wield this very hammer.
Secret Knowledge: as all Holy relics, this hammer varies in strength according to the faith of wielder. In the hands of an unbeliever it may just be a hammer with token holy powers, in hands of a pious Anethionean a bane to demonkind.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Celistra/Awendra wrote:
Thrakha wrote:Interesting idea, not so sold on the 'ten vouches' plan. The vouches should be a reality check, not a popularity contest.

I really like this idea, but I have to agree with the above quote, Don't wont to see it being only those that are popular getting their weapons approved, perhaps a smaller number of vouches?

indeed i agree with this myself.. lets say for example... i could easily see the popular people getting vouches far more easily than lets say those new to rp who not many people know or are considered unpopular or even borderline lol.. they would get considerably less votes But onward

Weapon Name: ancient Draenic Rifle
Weapon Power: A sniper rifle using what looks like condensed shots of arcane energy, as this is a replica of the original it sometimes has a habit of burning out and not shooting at all.. its range is far greater than most normal rifles, it is very big long and heavy!!
Weapon Lore: As one could understand before the Burning legion found the draenei.. they were a technologically and magically advanced people.. it is only natural that during the escape of the draenei.. some will have smuggled personal possessions and Schematics of strategical importance.. as Monrena was one of the many that helped repair and maintain shatrath for a while.. her as well as others of her skill in maintenance naturally know where the vaults to the city are, Foundations do need repairing after time.. Monrena as she was beginning her training in marksmanship stumbled upon one of these dusty tombs of schematics for old discontinued draenic weaponry, being the tech head she is and with her growing skill in ranged shots, she decided to make one of the sniper rifles inside this tomb.. due to materials that would normally be abundant on argus yet rare on azeroth and outland.. it has then her many months and the selling of some family heirlooms to afford the items nessesery to build this weapon, after poring her heart and soul into the weapon making what many old draenie would recognize as a stranded issue sniper rifle, she now keeps it hidden safe waiting for her moment when she feels her personal skill with ranged weapons is good enough to pick up this weapon which she now currently has hidden
Weapon Level: As this weapon is based on the schematics of very old weapons it is likley that there are only one or two others like it currently in existence, the originals locked away in the shatrathin vaults.. Monny's (the replica) due to not only being made of rare materials but being the only working version of the weapon.. it would likely score an 8, especially to gnomes and goblins.. this is unusual technolegy after all
Location: The replica is Owned By monrena and she holds the key to the chest upon which it is locked in.. Only she knows where this chest is
Public Knowledge: Very few, those who know stories revolving around the origional wepons are eather dead or are so old that there memories are failing
Secret Knowledge: to the untrained eye it would look like she is wielding an unsightly large staff that fires arcane at people.. any draenei would be able to use the wepons..
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 pm

20 vouches then. The more vouches there are the more of a reality check it is, the less vouches there are the easier it is to poke your friends and get a stupid OP weapon passed through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:

20 vouches then. The more vouches there are the more of a reality check it is, the less vouches there are the easier it is to poke your friends and get a stupid OP weapon passed through.

Regardless of the topic, I believe people will roleplay with their "stupid OP weapon" regardless. It just offers a visual element to the items, and gives people a chance to steal, intercept, research or know about their attachment to a character beforehand.

It's Christmas, don't be so stingy!

Edit: I agree with Drustai. It would be better if individuals brought up problems or errors with certain items, rather than vote for the item to become canon or such. A vouch system would encourage popularity contests, and that's bad.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:35 pm

I don't celebrate Christmas so I do not give a crap. If I come across as offensive then it is the way I post, blunt and to the point. The ten vouches are there to check any ridiculous attempts at creating weapons that give one player a ridiculous advantage over the other. While I realize this thread is in a sense, to formalize OP weapons, at least the OP weapons that are 'passed' will be the ones that people approve of, not frown upon.

I believe you are wrong, people will not use overly OP weapons because the over-all standards on Defias Brotherhood in general are higher than that.

I stand firmly behind the ten vouches and I hope people can see the reasoning behind it, they are there to protect people. Getting ten friends is more difficult than getting five but it's still doable. It's a system to check and balance itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm

You're forgetting that players don't -have- to get the weapon verified here to use it IC.

And I hope that doesn't become the case.

I foresee issues if that crops up--I for one have a powerful weapon on one of my chars, but I've no intention of describing it or its effects, to avoid metagaming (either to fight the weapon, or to steal it).

Also not sure if this is to sort of offer approval for powerful weapons, or to offer incentive for other players to go after them? For roleplay reasons?

In any case, I can definitely vouch for Manarend. Seen its use once, and I adore the concept and implementation.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:05 pm

I stand firmly behind the ten vouches and I hope people can see the reasoning behind it, they are there to protect people.

I am against any system that is there to protect RPers from other RPers tbh. So in all honesty, just keep the thread for discussing, commenting and criticising. Because guess what...if I don't get ten vouches for a weapon, I still go ahead and use it. However if I do get even a single critical comment, I am likely to adjust or at least clarify at once!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 pm

The weapon level bit seems pretty weird/obscure. What's a 10, Frostmourne/Warglaives? What's a five? Your typical raid weapon? a 2?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Melnerag wrote:
I stand firmly behind the ten vouches and I hope people can see the reasoning behind it, they are there to protect people.

I am against any system that is there to protect RPers from other RPers tbh. So in all honesty, just keep the thread for discussing, commenting and criticising. Because guess what...if I don't get ten vouches for a weapon, I still go ahead and use it. However if I do get even a single critical comment, I am likely to adjust or at least clarify at once!

Your weapon doesn't blow up worlds however does it, nor is it overly over-powered that puts you above every other person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next