Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique IC Weapons

+23
Lexgrad
Killian
Nifty
Rmuffn
Samian/Bismack
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lavian
Dréfurion
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Seranita
Melnerag
siegmund
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Krogon Devilstep
Celistra
Thrakha
Ledgic
Grufftoof
Vaell
Zalissa
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Unique IC Weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Unique IC Weapons

Post by Melnerag Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:12 pm

That's the awesome trick. Since the one on the receiving end of the weapon is deciding its power. If the attacker goes

/e cleaves straight through Melnerag's armor with the Melnerag-slaying sword
I go *point* Tee-hee! Godmoter!

In all cases of good emoting one can always simply choose not to aknowledge the Absolute OPness of some weapon.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 pm

True that, which is why I will not acknowledge weapons that in my personal opinion are overpowered + do not receive ten vouches.

If they receive ten vouches I'm more likely to go "yeah okay, other people find it reasonable"

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm

well... a weapon can be strong.. as long as it has an equally negative point to it.. for example the draenic sniper i mentioned.. it has longer range and is probably more accurate.... however its old.. thius liable to backfire.. and to add its bug heavy and she cannot fire it on the move.. for example in a rp event dm style.. if she was to shoot it.. monrena cannot move more than a foot at a time *do dah voodoo shuffle* kinda thing
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm

That just sounds like a fairly normal rifle then monrena, not really something that would need vouches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:43 pm

its based on a old draenic design.. I only went into the very basics of it..

If i weere to go into detail then yes it would be a little more powerful than most rifles... *points to my ic weapon description*

aka it fires more an arcane bolt type thing than an actual metalic projectile.. which in itself is highly charged and probably has the strength to melt flesh off bone on contaact.. thow monny's version is not quite that strong.. but strong enough to do some serious damage
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 pm

It would be a much better idea to have a subforum where people can post that template and ask for comments on their weapon. Asking for vouches is ridiculous. DefiasRP doesn't decide what RPers can and can't do, and ten vouches will be pretty damned hard to get unless you have lots of friends that will read it and vote because you asked them to.

Seems like a very unfair and controlling system this way.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Raenmar wrote:It would be a much better idea to have a subforum where people can post that template and ask for comments on their weapon. Asking for vouches is ridiculous. DefiasRP doesn't decide what RPers can and can't do, and ten vouches will be pretty damned hard to get unless you have lots of friends that will read it and vote because you asked them to.

Seems like a very unfair and controlling system this way.

That's the idea, so stupid shit doesn't pass through easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 pm

But nothing will pass through, because who the fuck is going to browse threads in the item approval forum all day, vouching for every worthy weapon? A lot less than ten people.

Demanding people even have ten vouches is ridiculous. Considering that you're the one that was all "hurr DefiasRP is an evil dictatorship", I don't know why you're such a staunch supporter of this.

DefiasRP isn't even representative of the whole community, so why should we demand that people come here and ask for the DefiasRP community's approval before they RP something? Fuck that.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Raenmar wrote:

But nothing will pass through, because who the fuck is going to browse threads in the item approval forum all day, vouching for every worthy weapon? A lot less than ten people.

Demanding people even have ten vouches is ridiculous. Considering that you're the one that was all "hurr DefiasRP is an evil dictatorship", I don't know why you're such a staunch supporter of this.

DefiasRP isn't even representative of the whole community, so why should we demand that people come here and ask for the DefiasRP community's approval before they RP something? Fuck that.

Pretty much my feelings.

It would be nice to have some place where we could see people's weapons and where they could be discussed, but how it is currenly? No thanks.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 pm

If you don't like it then don't get involved, nobody is forcing you to.

What the fuck does DefiasRP as a forum have to do with this idea? What an empty comparison.

"We" aren't "demanding" anything, it's an idea for people interested to get gain some sort of approval on weapons they are cautious about using due to their unique/powerful nature.

As I said earlier, there is nothing stopping you from role-playing the weapon/item you have regardless of this thread. But if you put it down here, people see it, comment it, chances are, people will more than likely be happier to accept it for what it is rather than shun it later in role-play or ask for further explanations.

Stop assuming somebody is forcing something on you Raenmar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:If you don't like it then don't get involved, nobody is forcing you to.

What the fuck does DefiasRP as a forum have to do with this idea? What an empty comparison.

"We" aren't "demanding" anything, it's an idea for people interested to get gain some sort of approval on weapons they are cautious about using due to their unique/powerful nature.

As I said earlier, there is nothing stopping you from role-playing the weapon/item you have regardless of this thread. But if you put it down here, people see it, comment it, chances are, people will more than likely be happier to accept it for what it is rather than shun it later in role-play or ask for further explanations.

Stop assuming somebody is forcing something on you Raenmar.

If that's all it's for, why do we need a vouch system at all?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Why so mad?

As I said, if it was about commenting and asking peoples' thoughts or approval on weapons, it'd be a great idea. But that isn't what it's about. Having a number of vouches that must be reached to legitimatise a weapon means it isn't about the player asking for peoples' thoughts, it means it's about the player being pressured into gaining approval or not using their idea.

If it's a subforum of DefiasRP, which is used only by the DefiasRP niche of the RP community, then it has everything to do with DefiasRP as a forum you blazing idiot.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm

The vouching system makes sure that people who are interested in hearing the ideas of others can take in critique both positive and negative to their unique IC system. The vouching system ensures that passing through an item that is "questionable" in day-to-day role-play is difficult, so it is not easy for everybody to run around with Shadowmourne equivalents.

Putting yourself down here is completely voluntary and under no obligations restricts your use of a weapon. Acquiring ten vouches only improves your over-all chances of using the weapon that would otherwise be deemed questionable or inappropriate, or over-powered, it would provide a reference to any person putting a question mark under it. DefiasRP is an open forum and only General Chat cannot be viewed, Game Related can.

Not acquiring does not make a weapon illegitimate, but ignoring other peoples opinion to be a special snowflake because you want to wield whatever shit you want to wield is also, not a positive method of integrating yourself in the community.

Again:

The DefiasRP forum has nothing to do with the proposed concept by Zalissa, she may as well post it on the realm forum, it is the same thing. Your conspiracy theories will get you nowhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Raenmar stop looking for a reason to use the ol "DEFIAS RP IS EVIL THEY NO HALP ME OR GIEF POWAH" its getting real old and your making my eyes bleed so much lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 pm

The vouching system makes sure that people who are interested in hearing the ideas of others can take in critique both positive and negative to their unique IC system.

No, it doesn't. The vouching system means that unless a certain number of people give positive criticism, the player is going to be told that their weapon is illegitimate and shouldn't be used. It's going to make people feel like it's a necessity to ask approval, rather than something they can do just to be sure.

The vouching system ensures that passing through an item that is "questionable" in day-to-day role-play is difficult

It's difficult because nobody gives a fuck enough to spend their time vouching for every good idea they see, not because people will be critical. Good ideas will be thrown aside because nobody bothers to vouch, bad ideas will be used because people get their friends to vouch.

And, in the end, it means absolutely fuck all, because some people will use ideas whether they get vouches or not, and some people will still ignore people who use a weapon that gets 3014846956 vouches.

Acquiring ten vouches only improves your over-all chances of using the weapon that would otherwise be deemed questionable or inappropriate

How? Because ten people like the idea? Or, more likely, because people like you and choose to vouch for it based on that?

it would provide a reference to any person putting a question mark under it

So if somebody raises an issue, you'll just point them to a thread here and tell them Kim Jong Defias thinks it's an okay idea so it's all good?

DefiasRP is an open forum and only General Chat cannot be viewed, Game Related can

Irrelevant. Not every RPer knows of it, not every RPer that knows of it looks at it, and not every RPer that looks at it has an account.

ignoring other peoples opinion to be a special snowflake because you want to wield whatever shit you want to wield is also, not a positive method of integrating yourself in the community

You can take into account peoples' opinions without them giving 10 mighty vouches.

The DefiasRP forum has nothing to do with the proposed concept by Zalissa, she may as well post it on the realm forum, it is the same thing. Your conspiracy theories will get you nowhere.

It's not conspiracy theories. Treating DefiasRP as representative of the whole RP community does nothing but create a bigger gap and push more people away. If it had been on the realm forum, maybe it'd be better because it'd be more accessible. Still a ridiculous idea.

You've became a real ass-licker, Eph.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Raenmar stop looking for a reason to use the ol "DEFIAS RP IS EVIL THEY NO HALP ME OR GIEF POWAH" its getting real old and your making my eyes bleed so much lately.

Fuck off, Perturbo.

Last edited by Raenmar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 am

I'm going to summarize this in one one:

If you don't like it, don't try it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:01 am

If you don't like it, don't try it.

It's not as simple as that, though. Because people will feel forced into gaining approval of their weapons.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 am

Maybe not to you, but to me it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:03 am

this was a very good potential thread.. I was realy looking forwards to reading peoples home made items.. thanks for derailing it and turning it into a hozen mud throwing contest you two

to the both of you.. vouches can be good if un bias.. shows a general feel towards a certain thing yes.. but also the flip side it can be used by the vindictive..

I dont care if i get vouches or not.. I just wanted to show my awsome ic creation that has taken me many months if not a years worth of rp to make.. which I think was this threads intended pourpous please you two make up and stop derailing further I want to see peoples cool items not a flame fest

Last edited by Monrena on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 am

this was a very good potential thread.. I was realy looking forwards to reading peoples home made items.. thanks for derailing it and turning it into a hozen mud throwing contest you two

But the thread isn't even needed, because the idea of using a subforum instead.

Point still stands that this idea in this form will only be detrimental to individuals' RP and to the community.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 am

and you continue to derail please stop it

would love for a mod to delete all these flame fest posts (including my ratty ones regarding them) so this thread dont end up getting locked down?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:17 am

I apologize for raising the glaring fucking flaws in an idea and daring to give my opinion on something that will cause problems.

I have realised that this is a superb idea, and will most certainly support it. In fact, have a round of applause.

Unique IC Weapons - Page 2 _45001158_kim_afp_226_282
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 am

No, they are flaws in YOUR OPINION.

You really do act your age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 am

Oh my goodness, will you two stop raging in here and go have hate-sex outside?
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next