Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique IC Weapons

+23
Lexgrad
Killian
Nifty
Rmuffn
Samian/Bismack
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lavian
Dréfurion
Raenmar
Feral / Blackfall
Seranita
Melnerag
siegmund
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Krogon Devilstep
Celistra
Thrakha
Ledgic
Grufftoof
Vaell
Zalissa
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Unique IC Weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Unique IC Weapons

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 am

No, they are flaws in YOUR OPINION.

No, they are flaws.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 am

flaws or not! Like I said! im here to read on peoples wepons! not your constand and rude abuse to each other.. not just you rae but to ephi to.. both of you grow up and let this thread rest
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 am

Why should people be prohibited from discussing an idea which will inevitably affect the community?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:34 am

I am getting more annoyed by being accused of raging rather than Raenmar being stubborn.. if you could drop that part of your posts I would be oh so happy.

I have stated no "constant and rude abuse", re-read every single post I made multiple times if you have to.

And nothing Raenmar has posted is off-topic if it's related to discussing the idea, considering Zalissa wanted feedback on the concept I would imagine she would welcome whatever problems are put forward.

This is my final post, if you continue accusing me of rage then feel free to, I am sure this post can be used as relevant reference.

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:36 am

because you went beyong discussing and started flinging mud at each other.. at that point there is no gain to be made.. you two were going round in circles saying the same thing again and again...

yes vouch good for XX
no vouch bad for XX
yes vouch good for XX

and on it went for nerly two pages of this thread.. give it a rest it will not affect the community.. im sure everyone has realised already that vouches dont realy mean much.. weather one gets them or not..

A vouch.. even just one would be a bonus but you know what??

i dont care about the vouches

nobody who has put there wepon down realy will care.. they have put there wepons doewn most likley for tips and pointer probably to help improve them.... not for them to be rated like some X factor show..

So we got your point.. ten times over.. so just drop it I will not reply to any more as this is verging on childish
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 am

Monrena wrote:because you went beyong discussing and started flinging mud at each other.. at that point there is no gain to be made.. you two were going round in circles saying the same thing again and again...

yes vouch good for XX
no vouch bad for XX
yes vouch good for XX

and on it went for nerly two pages of this thread.. give it a rest it will not affect the community.. im sure everyone has realised already that vouches dont realy mean much.. weather one gets them or not..

A vouch.. even just one would be a bonus but you know what??

i dont care about the vouches

nobody who has put there wepon down realy will care.. they have put there wepons doewn most likley for tips and pointer probably to help improve them.... not for them to be rated like some X factor show..

So we got your point.. ten times over.. so just drop it I will not reply to any more as this is verging on childish

But the entire idea of this system is to gain approval through vouches. And if this system starts to be widely used an accepted, IT WILL AFFECT THE COMMUNITY.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:49 am

Giving my shot here, havn't read any post but the OP's so let's hope for the best here, granting my old time favourite.

Weapon Name: Verrine

Weapon Power: A magical manipulator that is empowered by the life force(Demonically taken) from any and all living life, be it a poor peasant or a warrior, a mage or the like. The sword is only as strong as the life force the wielder has or rather that persons ability to take through demonic means, others life essence and even then that wielder needs to be able to go above the normal "threshold" of storing stolen life essences to get any benefit out of it. Using that very life essence as a weapon one could empower their own magical capibilities. The biggest weakness of all however is that it would face a crippling defeat against Elune's "magic"(Flappy power) which would render it's stolen essence useless for a worthwhile long duration.

Weapon Lore: (Excuse any loopholes and the fact that this is poorly rushed, been awhile since I did the lore of this, by a while I mean a few years). Verrine itself was only one name as through generations it had been named many with an elven origin tied to it's own heritage and even then it was nothing of serious worship or fame but more due to the fact it had an appealing craftsmanship to it's shape. Eventually it was found and adopted as a symbol to early House Vanimedle and used more of an ornament on the family mantlepiece show and tell than a further use in combat until some decades ago when one of the Vanimedle daughters turned on her own house with ill intent and took the ornament and made it anew in magical deceit to mock those who had the sword's shape as part of their coat of arms. A reminder of how she turned against her own blood. Further being tampered by her masters to become a fel-flame manipulator to empower the life forces of those she took. Hence the witchblade Verrine was born to meet with those faithful to the light.

The weapon was used in the battle against the chapter of holy anethion and was instrumental in the slaying of Dragomir Iretongue from the face of Azeroth and then was later challenged a few years later by the Chapterian forces atop of an arena deep in the mountains of the Storm Peaks to where Verrine's wielder finally met her final rest at the hand of the Chapterian forces led by High Inquisitor Jehorius Amelthria and the holy ghost of Dragomir Iretongue.

Weapon Level: Depends on wielder. Non warlocks - 2-3. Warlocks - 4-5. Ireth(Deceased): ?

Location: Wielded by Eira Vanimedle to protect from chapter aggressions.

Public Knowledge: For those that would even be aware of Ireth's existance in the past would maybe know that she carried a sword called Verrine or Dragomir Iretongue hired the help of elves to gain it and stop it's previous wielder. Rumour has it a Vanimedle daughter of Ireth, a relation to Eira took the sword herself but was later struck down by her own sister with chapter witnesses who then tried to stop her by the sentence of death only for her to have disapeared since. These rumours were a year ago and would have faltered since. Rumour has it the chapter tried to lock it away until a day could come where it could be destroyed for good.

Secret Knowledge Verrine suffered against any who wielded the power granted by Elune and the strength of the weapon was only as strong as the excess life-force of a user. In Ireth's case it was enhanced due to Ireth's granted ability to drain life and enhance her own "container" within herself to allow more life essences to fill her up. Eira however can not, hence the sword is just above normal in terms of power but nothing special to stand out, apart from it's spontanious elemental strikes sometimes.

Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am

I have a question slightly related to your post Eira but also as a general concept:

Would people feel comfortable making the items in GHI and then actually, if the scenario ever arose ICly, losing them to another player?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:54 am

I don't personally care what kind of super weapons people have in their arsenal, but if you turn me into a newt with your magical wand and you have 10 people vouching for that weapon, I don't have to like or accept it myself.

That said, most roleplayers should be able to tell the difference between OK and OP, and accept the fact that not everyone will like your unique weapon, even if it was just Illidan's broken butter knife.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:56 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:I have a question slightly related to your post Eira but also as a general concept:

Would people feel comfortable making the items in GHI and then actually, if the scenario ever arose ICly, losing them to another player?

tis a good idea Think I will do this
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:57 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:I have a question slightly related to your post Eira but also as a general concept:

I would actually love this!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:16 am

Would depend under conditions but the possibility of transferring masters? Sure. Personally I became the creator of a weapon for the late Marticore without even have knowing it. Not that I minded but he got good RP out of it so why not? To the idea of getting RP out of these "desires" to obtain I mean.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 am

This is the precise reason I was pushing for a sub-section. So much drama in one thread and even if that didn't kick off, no one has been commenting on each other's items.

Someone could get 0 vouches and still use the item, they could have 30 declines and still use it, all the system does is allow them to get a general idea of other people are accepting of that weapon. Everyone is entitled to do as they like but lets face it, you're only going to have fun if others are bothering to role-play with you. Being Arthas' blood brother with a minigun doesn't sound like fun when you're playing by yourself!

@Ephitos,
The GHI item thing was another raised point by Alorah, she was hoping to kickstart this off and see if interest is there before getting bogged down with items etc. I'm pretty sure that interest is quite clear!

If my item is barely viewed by people in the sub-section and I only have 8 vouches but 0 dislikes, I'll assume it is all fine and good. The entire point is to push powerful items that people can accept as a community.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:47 am

Why are vouches seen as the only way to understand if people see something as good or bad?

YOU COULD JUST ASK FOR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 am

Raenmar wrote:Why are vouches seen as the only way to understand if people see something as good or bad?

YOU COULD JUST ASK FOR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS.
You could. Alorah's system isn't going to. It doesn't hurt anyone though, enough people browse the forum for 20 vouches.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:52 am

Do you honestly think there will be ten people who will look through every thread in the subforum on a regular basis and vouch for every genuinely decent weapon? There really won't. Even if there are at first, people will lose interest.

Even if you do have ten people, people have different ideas of what is good and bad. If one of those nine people who bother think an idea is bad, then it won't be "approved".
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Would people feel comfortable making the items in GHI and then actually, if the scenario ever arose ICly, losing them to another player?

Have already lost my weapon to other players. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with this really. Though I haven't made a GHI item for my weapon. Should do that, really.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 am

Unique IC Weapons - Page 3 5006211
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 am

Raenmar wrote:Do you honestly think there will be ten people who will look through every thread in the subforum on a regular basis and vouch for every genuinely decent weapon? There really won't. Even if there are at first, people will lose interest.

Even if you do have ten people, people have different ideas of what is good and bad. If one of those nine people who bother think an idea is bad, then it won't be "approved".
Stop being argumentative for the sake of it, your point is really obscure.

Yes, people still read stories which are 3x the length and comment on those in the general section. This has a bit more of a thematic involving aspect to it so I can see it being used. As I said, even if not many people discuss a weapon, it can still be used. I don't know if this is bringing up getting picked last for a sporting event or something but the vouching system isn't just about being "approved", it is getting opinions more than anytihng else. You're blowing a silly point out of proportion. This is a basic format to see if it works, lets see if it works before jumping on its back.

For now, the only things that should really be in this thread are people posting up items in preperation for a sub-forum and how to better the actual item "pitching"/discussions.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am

As I said, even if not many people discuss a weapon, it can still be used.

If people are going to use a weapon even if it doesn't get ten vouches, why try to encourage ten vouches? It's entirely pointless, a ridiculous attempt at trying to be controlling.

it is getting opinions more than anytihng else

So it's not actually vouching, it's giving opinions, but stating that unless you get ten positive opinions you shouldn't use something, but we don't actually give a damn if you do or not.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 am

a ridiculous attempt at trying to be controlling.
There's no point arguing with Michael Moore's aborted foetus. This isn't a conspiracy...

Alorah stated she wanted each weapon posted to actually be something sought after, powerful and meaningful to others RP as well as your own. An old sword won't do, but a staff forged in blah ble blah fits. The vouches was a way of discouraging people to post artifacts with little worth to other players more than anything else.

It doesn't matter either way. I don't give a damn if someone role-plays as Arthas, but if they ask if it is a good idea I'll say no. That no doesn't prevent them from doing it, they can still do it, but they know that I wouldn't rp with them.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:51 am

Vaell wrote:
a ridiculous attempt at trying to be controlling.
There's no point arguing with Michael Moore's aborted foetus. This isn't a conspiracy...
lol!

Anyway its a cool thread, the vouches/votes wont really matter in the end because people would always end up commenting cool ideas and the less cool ideas, I understand the original post is mainly a concept and things can always be tweaked to what works best

ps. Barricade item pls
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 am

Give it a rest Raenmar. You're always keen to say that Defiasrp doesn't reflect the whole community (which we know already). This is being put forward to the people on the forum. People will decide whether they have any interest in the system.

I think people just violently shit their pants when they see the word vouch around here.

As a side note, Raendiddums, if all you want to do here is whine in threads about ideas and the fact this forum exists, just leave. I'm getting so bored of waking up and seeing another of your bitchfits.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Raenmar wrote:
If you don't like it, don't try it.

It's not as simple as that, though. Because people will feel forced into gaining approval of their weapons.

no

idgaf
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zalissa Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 pm

SIGH.
OKAY DUCKLINGS! Lets see what everyone's crying about.

Raenmar wrote:
If people are going to use a weapon even if it doesn't get ten vouches, why try to encourage ten vouches? It's entirely pointless, a ridiculous attempt at trying to be controlling.
Unique IC Weapons - Page 3 3r6gnv

I didn't make this because I wanted to control over the naves of DefiasRP and reign supreme, so Raenmar you can go and take a flying fuck to yourself you paranoid freak, like Vaell said this isn't a conspiracy, so simmer down. I made this for the community because I thought it would be beneficial to RP, people would hunt for things they want through RP, just like countless people here grind for gear in game, and people who own say a 10/10 power level weapon will have to be very wary of people making attempts to steal it. There's opportunity for scenarios to grow - however, you and several others did raise some points, allow me to retort.

Guess what? YOU CAN GIVE YOUR OPINION WITH OR WITHOUT VOUCHING.

Believe it or not, even though I set guidelines you can actually be open minded, besides I was only posting this to see what everyone thought then perhaps we could tweak the flaws and it could work, with a sub-forum of its own so things are more organised. There's a lot of people here crying about popular RPers that are going to get a vote over more new people, can you all honestly not be unbiased for 5 minutes to give an opinion on someones idea? It matters to them and to their RP, is it really asking a lot to help them out? I know I'm going to give an opinion, so the 'arguement' that no one will be interested is moot. I've made this concept, I'm going to maintain it.
And no, this is not going to be a regulated nazi camp, you DON'T need to have your weapon ctiriqued and examined here to be able to use it, nor does it have to be accepted. If you don't get ten vouches I'm not saying you're not allowed to RP with it, I'm simply giving you the opportunity to have it recognised here, and make some RP, but just bare in mind that if a number of people are being intolerant to something you've posted, then it's likely that there's something you need to change about it. Besides, if someone gives you criticism on it, aren't you likely to examine what you've made and adjust/tweak things in regard to that persons comment? We also seem to have a handful of people that like the vouch system, and a handful of people that don't - so perhaps we can come to an agreement that won't have people popping ovaries left right and centre, but until we do I'm still going to vouch AND give my opinion regardless.
And finally, on topic.
The Manarend:
Blood Dagger:
Ionna's Warhammer, Hammer of the Warrior Abess:
Ancient Draenic Rifle:
Verrine:
Keep 'em coming, Defias Brotherhood.

Last edited by Zalissa/Alorah on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : vaell's gay)
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next