Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

+37
Ledgic
Calisar
Finnabhair
Maelmoor
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Solanum
Raenmar
Krogon Devilstep
Sadok
Emrys
Bloedneus
Skarain
Coppersocket
Larnira
Sharyssa/Adenah
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Grim
Thelos
Xen-tau
Eodan
Khendran
Samian/Bismack
siegmund
Rmuffn
Loot
Timna
Valestrion
Ara
Rammius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kozgugore Feraleye
Thrakha
Cid
Gilran
Shriukan
41 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 4 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Saw this on the official forum thread and -had- to pass it on, "At news of Theramores' destruction, all of Stormwind changes their clothes, drapes, flags and banners and replaces it with plain black cloth, to signify mourning" Once the event is over, I am so stopping by Stormwind and hope to see this in action!
I intend to do this, but when exactly can it be treated IC? Someone spoke of saturday...
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 4 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

It's happened. Theramoore has gone bye-bye. You put the event in a little time-bubble and have it happen before/during/after the attack, but as it stands, when you log in the game right now, Theramoore is a smoldering crater.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

There was quite a bit of pvp happening in it last night too!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Must have missed. Alas, was busy with cultism
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:It's happened. Theramoore has gone bye-bye. You put the event in a little time-bubble and have it happen before/during/after the attack, but as it stands, when you log in the game right now, Theramoore is a smoldering crater.

The thing is, theramore is a smoldering crater for those who have done the scenario, so a bit of community feeling and working together to say when it IC happens isn't too much to ask is it? To keep things from being confusing, lest you wish to pretend you know EXACTLY what your character will be doing during the wpvp and what injuries etc you'll have or who you've met etc?

Doubt it's really hard to wait when you can actually chose when you do the scenario and the effects become IC?

As far as I know the crater is only there for everyone once MoP releases
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:It's happened. Theramoore has gone bye-bye. You put the event in a little time-bubble and have it happen before/during/after the attack, but as it stands, when you log in the game right now, Theramoore is a smoldering crater.

The thing is, theramore is a smoldering crater for those who have done the scenario, so a bit of community feeling and working together to say when it IC happens isn't too much to ask is it? To keep things from being confusing, lest you wish to pretend you know EXACTLY what your character will be doing during the wpvp and what injuries etc you'll have or who you've met etc?

Doubt it's really hard to wait when you can actually chose when you do the scenario and the effects become IC?

I'll repeat myself:

"If you do not do the Scenario, you will not be phased.
If you do the scenario, you will be phased and able to see the phasing border with a beige square in the blipmap.

Along Mists, probably 5.1, the real world will show the destruction whether you did the scenario or not. The scenario should still be available then (and scaled to level 90 as this lvl 85 will last till MoP launch)"

We can see the border, meaning we can have the alliance prepare at Theramore Gates, while the Horde prepares at the Marsh entrance and both meet in battle on The Quagmire path.

As for RP'ing in Theramore, you won't need to be inside. Take the ship, ignore destruction, get to the gates, RP as if Theramore is still there and boom... pvp, then amagad Theramore's gone.

And yes, Gilran has asked for us to consider the scenario IC after saturday's W-PvP event, whether you did it or not. I think it's not too much to ask. Just a date so everyone can RP on it at the same time.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloedneus Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Longknife/Decurius wrote:Still, I find difficult that people will keep rp IC Theramore standing 'til Saturday. Not everyone reads the forums, nor everyone reads this forum. And though I agree that officially' this happens Saturday Night, I think that asking the whole server to 'play with us', so to say, is not a wish we can take for granted.

This. Not to be a stick in the mud or anything, the guild I'm a part of has already said they'll go along with it, but this entire thing feels like it might add needless complexity. As Longknife pointed out, not everyone reads this forum, and not everyone might read this thread. I foresee a lot of whispering saying: "Nope, didn't happen yet. Wait until saturday. Why? Some people are planning an event. It was on a forum. No. Not the official realm forums either. Just go along with it... Ok? No? Well shit..."

Thing is, Blizzard patched this in, for a lot of people this happened. Asking an entire community to hold off on it seems a tad arrogant to me, no offense meant to those organizing it. I understand you're doing a lot of hard work, and I personally appreciate it.

I don't know, just my two very muddy, stick-shaped cents.

Bloedneus
Bloedneus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm

This isn't the first time the realm comes to a majority agreement on these things however, which is what is simply meant to be to all be on the same level of the story. When did LK get killed, when did this happen, when did this occur. The fact that it's optional for ingame purpose to do simply shows that Blizz doesn't take things lore-wise into consideration for us RP'ers.

It has worked in the past to majorly agree on when to advance something IC together.

And Skriukan, your answer is in regards to phasing etc not about when to act on things IC xD Allthough it's appreciated you bothered repeating it :p

As for those not on the forums... about 99% of the rp'ers of DB are in an rp guild of which atleast one or two members are on DefiasRp -or- they have friends on here. Since the server is so small tje odds of people not knowing of the event or the fact that'll be taken IC after it is smaller than on any other realm -because- DB is this closeknit and such.

On Which I will add: If there wouldn't be a major server event then every guild would do the scenario/event on their own and come with 1000's of different times when the bomb hit "It was today" "No it was yesterday" "No it still has to happen"

Seems to me it's quite obvious which is the better option here, all hold off together and make sure everyone is on the same length?

Last edited by Sharyssa/Adenah on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Shriukan wrote:
Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:

I'll repeat myself:

"If you do not do the Scenario, you will not be phased.
If you do the scenario, you will be phased and able to see the phasing border with a beige square in the blipmap.

Along Mists, probably 5.1, the real world will show the destruction whether you did the scenario or not. The scenario should still be available then (and scaled to level 90 as this lvl 85 will last till MoP launch)"

We can see the border, meaning we can have the alliance prepare at Theramore Gates, while the Horde prepares at the Marsh entrance and both meet in battle on The Quagmire path.

As for RP'ing in Theramore, you won't need to be inside. Take the ship, ignore destruction, get to the gates, RP as if Theramore is still there and boom... pvp, then amagad Theramore's gone.

And yes, Gilran has asked for us to consider the scenario IC after saturday's W-PvP event, whether you did it or not. I think it's not too much to ask. Just a date so everyone can RP on it at the same time.

True community feeling here! I like that. Many guilds and players has already agreed not to take the bombing IC until after the War Event Gilran planned, and since he's been doing it remotely alone for such a long time one can't blame him for being a bit late.
Why diss out on a good event?

(As for a 'flashback scenario' Gilran and I spoke of it, but he felt he it would be too confusing for the participants if we say the bombing happened, and still do a fight supposedly meant to happen before the bombing, aka 'flashback'. So we didn't go with that idea.)

(And as for not everyone reading these forums. We're very aware of this, and urge people to spread the word best they can "Wait 'till saturday night.", I suggested the official realm forum, tho in fear of .. interruption of less wanted participants.. Gilran decided against it, and it's his event so I will only support his decisions.
As thus, all we can do is spread the word, I already asked my guild on Horde to extend their imagination for a few more days and they were cool with it. I hope others can be too!)
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:27 pm

I have to agree with Bloedneus, if people do not read this in time, they will already have done the scenario. Besides, it is much easier for those that have not done it to take 10 minutes of their time (tops) and do it, than it is for people that have done it to undo the scenario, which is not even possible.

It will be much less of a hassle to announce in /ra once the event started:
"everyone that has not done the scenario, please do so now, we'll make a couple of full 3-man groups and the show should be on the road asap"
Instead of:
"Alright, can everyone that has done the scenario please leave the raidgroup? You can not join in on the event."
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Emrys wrote:I have to agree with the above poster, if people do not read this in time, they will already have done the scenario. Besides, it is much easier for this that have not done it to take 10 minutes of their time (tops) and do it, than it is for people that have done it to undo the scenario, which is not even possible.

It will be much less of a hassle to announce in /ra once the event started:
"everyone that has not done the scenario, please do so now, we'll make a couple of full 3-man groups and the show should be on the road asap"
Instead of:
"Alright, can everyone that has done the scenario please leave the raidgroup? You can not join in on the event."

That's not the issue though.
The battle takes place outside of Theramore, anyone can attend regardless of scenario phasing.

The only hassle is that Alliance will have to be in Theramore pre-battle for their pre-RP and PRETEND it isn't bombed.
It's not much of a hassle, a bit of imagination. Yet I understand that to some it (hell even to Horde who wants to shout "It's bombed already!") just doesn't float their boat.

But for the sake of their community and Gilran's efforts. Smile (Also I feel myself as if repeating what I say alot now, so I'll try not to, hoping people will read all the posts!)

P.S While I'm not Gilran he asked me to help with the Horde side, and as thus I also help him best I can with the event as a whole, questions and discussions can be directed to me and I will answer as best as I can - however I can't speak for Gilran and I don't not have 24/7 contact with him, I hope people bear this in mind. Thank you!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh, I had the impression it would not be possible to join if you have done the scenario already, the fact that it is possible does change things. I was just afraid having to disappoint guildies that already did the scenario because I was not able to reach them before they did. Smile
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Sadly the alliance will not even be able to RP inside Theramore with players under lvl 85, so please, bring an 85, pretend it's another char if needed, there's quite the few addons for it as you're well aware Wink

I checked and even the docks, who are untouched, are phased.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I think this is being made more complicated than it needs to be.

Sure, it matters now when we say if Theremore is destroyed or not, but in a month will a matter of a couple of days make much difference?

If you want to RP as Thermore being gone already, cool. If you're prepared to wait, equally cool.
I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 pm

All right, let me clarify some things. Sadly I don't have time to answer all the posts here 24/7 becuase I am preparing for exam, so a big thanks for Erahn to answering in my name as well.

Now, I know it's asking too much to take Theramore's Fall ICly after the RP-PvP event has happend and you have all the right to call me arogant and such. However, there is another view to look upon. If the majority is going to take the Theramore's Fall event ICly now, there really is no point in making the RP-PvP event then! The purpose of the event is that your character lives that important lore moment whilst being a part of it instead of "Blizz: Hey guys, Theramore is live now", "People: Oh, Theramore is down. Okay, this means war. Hrmh yeah and then everything happens in 10 minute long scenario." That's why I would like to people to hold it to after the event, even though the Theramore might appear as crater on your map. I know I am asking to much, but consider this as a humble request that you are not bound to obey, it's up to the individual. However, if the majority is to take it ICly then I don't see a point on making the event then or well we should consider other possibilties then.

There is ofcourse an option for the flashback but It would make things much more confusing and harder to Roleplay out that's why it would be best to disregard this option for now.

In the lore, we would be the alliance troops that are defending the Theramore city from massive Horde invasion on the Highway.. While we would succeed with the defense, the Horde comes with plan B which are the Mana bombs and then when the scenario comes. Now, there are still some things that need to be discussed regarding the lore but this is the original plan that is yet to be devoloped more.

As for posting on realm forums, we don't really want to drag unwanted attention of those who solely seek to interupt both RP and PvP event. But as this forums are now open to those who are unregistered, then I don't think it really matters.

Any further question can be adressed here and I will be sure to reply to them but I cannot promise to be fast with responding.

- Gilran

Last edited by Gilran on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I agree totally Gilran.

In addition I think that if people on Alliance side want to RP their actual characters as being there IC then they can make it make sense without too much handwaving.
For example, the big fight we'll have is the 'decoy' siege. However that goes, the mana bombs goes off and destroyes the city. After the 'decoy' attack but before the mana bombs the Alliance who don't want to die in the explosion (which I assume will be most of you!) retreat / escape / teleport / barely survive / whatever.

There's the lore and then there's our lore. As long as people don't make a point of deciding overly silly things it really doesn't matter if a few guilds decide they attended Theramore and survived.

All in all, I reckon it'll be a great event!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm

My only issue is, I thought the attack on Theramore was a surprise attack. Not to mention how close Org is to Theramore in comparison to Stormwind, so how would this whole defence thing work? I thought Theramore was fucked because it didn't have many troops defending it?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Up to the guilds defending it I suppose. Within reason it can be handwaved as, for example, Guild X are there to pick up supplies, Guild Y are there overnight on their way to raid Horde lands, etc.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

It was not a surprise attack however, which has been explained already Very Happy
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm

The surprise attack, is the boat showing on the docks, aka the Horde Theramore Fall scenario. When oyu do it, you clearly hear "Our attack failed. We are to retrieve the elf and slay yadda yadda yadda". We, Hordes, will be performing the first and failed attack, that will cause the scenario to kick in, hence why you don't need to die, because you'll be outside, fighting.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I did the scenario and now Theramore is a massive hole to me aswell, I'm a tad bummed I wont be able to RP there anymore now but its not too big a deal.

The scenario was bloody awful though and Jaina at the end:
"....we are on the verge of war"
Verge of war? VERGE? Sleep
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 pm

"....we are on the verge of wa-- KRA-KOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!"

fixed.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammius Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Samain, I did it as well... But good news! We shall be doing the RP and PVP on the boarder hopefully Smile
Rammius
Rammius

Character sheet
Name: Valten Grimaldus
Title: Lieutenant of the Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:28 pm

To inform and spread some details. The fight will be on the Theramore Highway where the Alliance forces would try keeping the horde off the bay. In the middle of the fight, the Mana bomb will drop which will cause our Imminent retreat to the ships. Since the Theramore will be bombed and we would get infected with arcane radiation in case we would run past the Theramore, we will escape with a few ships on the shores of Dustwallow, however since there are not any ships in-game scattared around the shore we'll retreat to the ship near the Northwatch keep but you'll have to imagine that we are aboarding a ship in Dustwallow.. - A little bit of imagination will be required. We'll have the objective to hold off the ship for let's say a few minutes and then we would sail off, while being troubled by the Horde ships. Then I guess we could have some roleplay on the ship as we ICly sail towards the Eastern Kingdoms..

And that's basically the plan in a nutshell.

Last edited by Gilran on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next