Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

+37
Ledgic
Calisar
Finnabhair
Maelmoor
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Solanum
Raenmar
Krogon Devilstep
Sadok
Emrys
Bloedneus
Skarain
Coppersocket
Larnira
Sharyssa/Adenah
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Grim
Thelos
Xen-tau
Eodan
Khendran
Samian/Bismack
siegmund
Rmuffn
Loot
Timna
Valestrion
Ara
Rammius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kozgugore Feraleye
Thrakha
Cid
Gilran
Shriukan
41 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 3 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Nevermind the last post. It was just opened an hour ago. The phase area is enormous because of the big draw distance. So the phasing border is between The Quagmire and Beezil's Wreck on the Theramore Highway at (52;50). You can even see the phase border on the minimap.

EDIT: For the north road, the border is at Witch Hill (58;35)
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation - Page 3 Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Err.. yeah.. Theramore just got nuked.. So ehm.. How do we go about doing the pvp events?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm

I would like some clarity, people want to do the scenario but there is rp before and after the battle and I think we need to make sure that people are NOT phased into a destroyed purple Theramore before the event, do the scenario after the wpvp as our failure to defend?

Or something, we need to agree on something for all people or things will be messy with phasing >.<
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

(0_0) I missed it? ffs
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:14 pm

I just.. People won't wait. Everyone will do it.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Gilran and I said that the battle will most likely take place on the high-way, as thus phasing is not a problem.

As for Theramore itself, it wouldn't be difficult for people (After all we got the Chapterian catacombs underneath Northshire, had Stromgarde rise and shine several times, etc) to pretend that while they stay in Theramore that it's still there, just pretend! Not hard, imagination.

Gilran will host an emergency war council on friday I believe for Alliance, leaders meet, discuss, go to war on saturday (day after), fight off Horde, Horde retreats, Alliance guilds go home, bomb lands and kills every lore char.

That's ofc the quick draft of the concept, but it makes it all so possible.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

I can wait........ ....... ...... '*runs into Theramore with a bulls-eye on his chest and back* *waves other sign *HORDE SUCK*

Wait.... if we don't do the scenario will we have a phased zone ?
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Pretending half broken buildings to be somewhat rebuilt or pretend a large crater with purple glow isn't there... xD Big difference!

I've seen people wait with scenarios on toons they'll attend on and do it on other chars before, what I am asking is to -all- do the same and since our event will take place before we IC aknowledge Theramore lost it's confusing as hell atm. I've told members to wait untill I have an answer here.

But we will have phased and non-phased people there
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Perhaps a happy medium would be that we treat the events IC, and that the coming world-pvp event be a 'in the past' one?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm

I believe it was meant to be "we do wpvp" and then people aknowledge the scenario, since people can make the event of it happen whenever they want?
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:I believe it was meant to be "we do wpvp" and then people aknowledge the scenario, since people can make the event of it happen whenever they want?

The issue is Horde side that the Fall of Theramore kicks off the global war, Mists is in 8 days. And many horde guilds want time to prepare for war which will IC begin in a week and a bit.. If we leave acknowledging theramore too late, then it leaves us seemingly rushed.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 pm

yarr!!

Lets put the War in...<cockney accent> Wargen
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 pm

The current plan is to battle on the highway to Theramore, however I would like to ask anyone to take the Theramore attack ICly after the RP-PvP event has happened if that would be possible.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Kyrby wrote:I can wait........ ....... ...... '*runs into Theramore with a bulls-eye on his chest and back* *waves other sign *HORDE SUCK*

Wait.... if we don't do the scenario will we have a phased zone ?

If you do not do the Scenario, you will not be phased.
If you do the scenario, you will be phased and able to see the phasing border with a beige square in the blipmap.

Along Mists, probably 5.1, the real world will show the destruction whether you did the scenario or not. The scenario should still be available then (and scaled to level 90 as this lvl 85 will last till MoP launch)
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Gilran wrote:The current plan is to battle on the highway to Theramore, however I would like to ask anyone to take the Theramore attack ICly after the RP-PvP event has happened if that would be possible.

This, the bombing takes place officially IC to The Defias Brotherhood server AFTER Gilran's War Event of Theramore, thus the bomb falls on Saturday Night.

This to respect that someone went through the effort of hosting an event for the community without being asked to. I feel it a fair solution to everything.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Agreed with Erahn. Theramore hardly affects anyones daily RP anyway: pretending it's still there for just a few days more will not throw your world off-balance. And if it does, then RP that Theramore has gone skyhigh and attend the RP-PvP event as a John Doe.

I believe the organizers of these kind of events deserve more respect than they usually seem to get, they go through a lot of trouble to get them on the road, especially so when it's done on such a short notice. Big thanks for Varrgosh and Gilran for doing this, if I get the time and day, I'll be sure to attend!

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah, Theramore Invasion Scenario out i bet most did it and i believe you should since we otherwise will be phased if it still works near theramore... Or maybe im wrong
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Well, that still leaves two or three days for the scenario, so Saturday sounds good to me. However, if the Theramore invasion is a surprise attack, what is the justification for being there? Could someone also please tell me what the lead for the scenario is? I don't see anyone in Stormwind offering a quest to lead me there.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:57 pm

There is no lead, you queue up for the scenario through the LFG tool and that's it.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 am

Saw this on the official forum thread and -had- to pass it on, "At news of Theramores' destruction, all of Stormwind changes their clothes, drapes, flags and banners and replaces it with plain black cloth, to signify mourning" Once the event is over, I am so stopping by Stormwind and hope to see this in action!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 am

Valestrion wrote:Well, that still leaves two or three days for the scenario, so Saturday sounds good to me. However, if the Theramore invasion is a surprise attack, what is the justification for being there? Could someone also please tell me what the lead for the scenario is? I don't see anyone in Stormwind offering a quest to lead me there.

From intel I have got the physical attack are actually not a surprise, Jaina knew of it and asked aid from Varian whom promises her the 7th fleet. While they arrive after the bomb, it's not unlikely you can arrive sooner, bit of imagination!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 am

Erahn wrote:
Valestrion wrote:Well, that still leaves two or three days for the scenario, so Saturday sounds good to me. However, if the Theramore invasion is a surprise attack, what is the justification for being there? Could someone also please tell me what the lead for the scenario is? I don't see anyone in Stormwind offering a quest to lead me there.

From intel I have got the physical attack are actually not a surprise, Jaina knew of it and asked aid from Varian whom promises her the 7th fleet. While they arrive after the bomb, it's not unlikely you can arrive sooner, bit of imagination!
Indeed. I'll try my best to get there on Grenier(luckily I tried the scenario with Longknife, who IC wouldn't be there anyway), and I'm looking forward to this event. Still, I find difficult that people will keep rp IC Theramore standing 'til Saturday. Not everyone reads the forums, nor everyone reads this forum. And though I agree that officially' this happens Saturday Night, I think that asking the whole server to 'play with us', so to say, is not a wish we can take for granted.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 am

Magaskawee/Anaei wrote:Saw this on the official forum thread and -had- to pass it on, "At news of Theramores' destruction, all of Stormwind changes their clothes, drapes, flags and banners and replaces it with plain black cloth, to signify mourning" Once the event is over, I am so stopping by Stormwind and hope to see this in action!
Cartel baby..we always said basic black was always in fashion
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 am

The real reason it was replaced with black was because my boys and I was there and took the old ones.

(This did not happen)
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 am

Or you could do battle in the crater. Fun!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next