Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

+37
Ledgic
Calisar
Finnabhair
Maelmoor
Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Solanum
Raenmar
Krogon Devilstep
Sadok
Emrys
Bloedneus
Skarain
Coppersocket
Larnira
Sharyssa/Adenah
Tuomas/Decurius
Vaell
erwtenpeller
Grim
Thelos
Xen-tau
Eodan
Khendran
Samian/Bismack
siegmund
Rmuffn
Loot
Timna
Valestrion
Ara
Rammius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kozgugore Feraleye
Thrakha
Cid
Gilran
Shriukan
41 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation Empty [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Shriukan Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 pm

"Following the Horde's successful destruction of Theramore, its inhabitants and troops were left in dire need of aid and relocation. A few Alliance troops were sent to aid in the move into Stonetalon Mountains and Ashenvale, however, the Horde intercepted the message and is preparing a counter strike on the fleeing forces upon the Battlescar in the Southern Barrens.
Will the crippled Alliance succeed into moving their forces or will they be defeated?"

Hi. With the Pre-MoP patch incoming soon and the Theramore scenario imminent, I think it would be a good time to put a great W-PvP area to use. The Battlescar. It would also be a great way to bash our way into MoP. Sadly, I have no experience whatsoever into preparing these events so I leave the suggestion to whoever wishes to pick it up. On the Horde side, I believe the Banner of the Bloodhood (located in Mulgore) and the Shatterskull Marauders (located in Ratchet) would be ready to engage into the attack. The little story is just a pick-up on the Theramore scenario introduced with the pre-MoP patch and can be altered to whatever suits best for both sides.

/salute
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Gilran Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm

I salute the idea of having WPvP event of our own related to the upcoming Theramore Invasion, however the Battlescar is terrible battlefield to have wpvp event as to my experience. Still it's a good idea and I think it's worth giving it a try.

Last edited by Gilran on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

[W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation Empty Re: [W-PvP Event Suggestion] The Theramore Evacuation

Post by Shriukan Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:25 pm

It is certainly different from open areas but that's what I think makes it more interesting. We're actually jumping and clashing into a pit. Keep the opinions coming, please.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Last time we went there, we kindof got outranged in terms of... well, RANGE!
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Huh? Care to explain better, Cid? I never seen/fought with another ally there, so I never had the chance to "probe" it.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:17 am

Under current circumstances, the Marauders would probably participate in besieging Theramore, but would not attack refugee convoys. That would be vetoed at the highest level.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:27 am

Hence why I said the story would need to be altered to suit best the factions. What I care for is one last W-PvP event themed around Theramore to say bye bye to Cataclysm. Once again, any suggestion or opinion would be appreciated.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:03 am

When TTH went there last time, we had mainly melee classes while the Horde came with... almost only hunters, mages, ranged people you know?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 am

If you want to do an event at Theramore, the Battlescar indeed seems a bit out of the direction. Still, don't let me dissuade you or anything as you seem to have an idea set as it is.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 pm

While I -love- this idea, I think we should wait for the full-full details of what happens, for all we know the survivors were taken -with- Jaina, or at the end of the Alliance scenario they escape on ships.

However if there is an evacuation, I am all for this and will definitely participate!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 pm

From the aftermath videos i've seen, it's an almost total destruction of Theramore. There's bound to be someone evacuating the place. That's why i thought about the battlescar. As for the planning time, who knows, this could be done the day before MoP to have a big blasting goodbye. We still got a good month of waiting to do. But yes. Better wait for the details from the book. We could even try a IC re enactment or something Razz
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am

We did something similar on TVC prior to Cata where we took back Southshore from the Alliance - it was fun and done a few days before the expansion. We had rp guilds, rp/pvp guilds as well as a few from PVE and raiding guilds and all joined in the rp spirit of the event.

Vile Thorn will have absolutely -no- problems slaughtering evacuees so please count us in.

Edit: And let's refrain from orchestrating this to be too much like the book/trailer? There will be many who have not read or seen either and it will all end in tears of rage if they should step outside of the script. A nice wpvp battle under the banner of the destruction of Theramore would be a good server event and roleplayers can fight IC and the non rp community can just have one helluva fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Hell I'm up for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammius Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

In Disciples Officer chat, Valestrion is also thinking of doing wpvp at theramore before mop comes out. He said four guilds are interested but not sure who though! :/
Rammius
Rammius

Character sheet
Name: Valten Grimaldus
Title: Lieutenant of the Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Server Anniversary is on friday if anyone wants to do anything. I was gunna but got graduation ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Whatever happens Bob will be at ground zero Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm

I have spoken to a few other Alliance guild officers and believe we have a bit of an army forming for a Theramore event. So far, six Alliance guilds have expressed interest.

I'd like to stay open minded for now as to exactly what the focus of the event will be. I'd like it to be consistent with Blizzard's event so that we can combine taking part in that with World-PvP battles and general camp RP.

I do think, though, that it would be good to document some general battle rules ASAP so that officers have plenty of time to brief their guilds. Here's my suggestion.

1. Battles take place over a number of rounds to be defined by the battle organiser.
2. Each round comprises two phases, a combat phase followed by a recovery phase.
3. During each battle phase, the organiser nominates one side as the attacker and the other as the defender.
4. The time for the battle phase to start is nominated by the battle organiser.
5. The attacking side may begin its attack any time within three minutes of the nominated start time.
6. Before the first blow of the combat phase is struck, the defending side may not move forward from the nominated defence position.
7. Anyone killed within the battle phase may not resurrect during the remainder of the battle phase.
8. The battle phase is followed by a recovery phase during which
a) fallen combatants may resurrect
b) sides may RP recovering the wounded
c) sides take their positions for the next round

Other details such as how the attacking side is decided each round, where the action takes place etc., are determined by the battle organise and publicised before the event.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Just to make sure for people on the Alliance side... is it not better to play random footsoldiers? Considering most, if not all, people die in Theramore. One speculation (set on wowwiki) says they all die in an unexpected manabomb from the sky.

Just bringing this up here.

Edit: If I missed a post already claiming this - well shit.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Loot Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:07 pm

This will most likely contain a lot of spoilers, thus I'm going to let you choose whether you wish to read it or not.

Spoiler:

So to summarize it, I agree with Timna on this, whilst I am certain it could be quite a unique roleplaying possibility, I'd advice the Alliance members to attend it as nameless rank and file soldiers rather than their proper characters, unless they actually want their characters to die in Theramore that is.
Loot
Loot

Character sheet
Name: Kriston Roche
Title: Legionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Given that the pre-Pandarian launch event by Blizzard is due to be the centre point of the the goings on in Theramore, are you suggesting that Blizzard is going to kill off everyone who take part in their event?

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Loot Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 pm

The pre-MoP event is that you are allowed to do the two scenarios, out of which, the Horde one is located prior to the explosion and the Alliance one is located after, neither of the two are actually involved in the destruction of Theramore.
Loot
Loot

Character sheet
Name: Kriston Roche
Title: Legionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Is this going anywhere?
Is there some sort of Theramore's Fall related event in the planning?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Well i'm fine with the idea with everyone being a footsoldier, but then we need a chain of command, don't we? See who will join and sort em by navy, normal foot soldiers, air .. Whatever, so it's easier to handle.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

I'll be there IC or not at all, depending on the storyline. It seems that, if the game goes the way Loot describes, I am faced with three choices.

1) Die
2) Have the Disciples betray their principles, and stay at home just when they are needed most
3) Survive and prove that the person reporting who survived got it wrong

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm

The Regiment has actually been planning on going there for a while, and we will remain stationed in Dustwallow untill and even during the nuking, inevitably some characters will die but we think that might be best for MoP anyway since some characters wont even be roleplayed anymore.

tldr, regiment will be nearby and up for anything roleplay related

ps. if people want be there ICly just have them(stationed) outside of Theramore they could easily survive the bombing then
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next